Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:57:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is hodling alts dangerous?  (Read 4437 times)
Leah38

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:08:55 PM

Good day! You can trade altcoins. Just keep the ones that have potential value. So many times I regret selling some alts at low value then after a few weeks they would double or triple their price. Patience is needed. Just sell and get rid of worthless altcoins and keep the good ones.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Madeon

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:16:46 PM

I don't think it is dangerous at all as long you read and document yourself in regards of the altcoins you plan to invest in. Offering support to the development team in the early stage if they have a good idea they want to put out there is very rewarding act for both parties in my opinion.

It also depends on the type of person you are, do you want to make fast income? buy low - sell high - repeat? or you want to just hold it for couple of years and sell it once you feel satisfied. It all depends on you.

I personally like to HODL the things I believe in!
tdrinker

Activity: 276
Merit: 103

Join FlipNpik Telegram : t.me/flipnpikico

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:22:07 PM

Holding anything is always going to have a level of risk attached to it. Cryptocurrencies are risky and the value of what your holding will always have a chance of increasing to next to nothing. If you make sure not to risk too much and you follow the market sensibly you can do well.

Yakult

Activity: 144
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:25:02 PM

Holding coins that came from high price is really dangerous since there is no guarantee that it will rise right away. It will just lead you to loss. But if you are patience enough, you will have your time.

swissgang

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 06:18:06 PM

I think holding altcoins are more dangerous than holding bitcoin because unlike bitcoin altcoins are usually not decentralized and their prices can crash very hard even to zero, and naturally they can fail and may be zero in value.

jinnyjinny

Activity: 280
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:35:37 PM

Holding could be dangerous if your coins are the shit  Grin  In other cases holding is more preferable and secure.  Just learn about project before you buy the coins and sometimes follow the news of devs. If the developers are working on the project - hold the coins, if the project is dead - sell.

Lecam

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:16:53 PM

Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh

I have some altcoins that I hold for a long time. There's a lot of tokens or coins out there where you can earn passive income depending on the amount of coins you are holding. There are also coins that has a good potential in the long-run. So, if you think that a coin or a token is worth holding, don't be afraid to do so.
huzurkan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 522

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:19:10 PM

I think there is no answer to this question. some altcoins can rubbish some of the very best to prices. it is important to keep the solid coin.

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP"  
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"    
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET ▬▬▬▬

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
jacaf01

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 09:19:03 PM

Nobody can be 100% certain, but what I believe is that a bird at hand is better than 1000 in the bush, talking profit along the price action of a token is very important, so that if it drops and a good project, you can buy more from the profit you have taken, Even VCs do review their portfolio

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
LEINADbtc

Activity: 240
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 09:23:49 PM

Nah, why would it be?
Some are better than the big ones, to be honest.
Just check the project and see if you like it. No need to be scared lol

——< Datecoin | The fastest successful match. The hottest ICO ever. >——
ANN | Medium | Twitter Facebook | LinkdedIn | Telegram
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 09:32:19 PM

I think there is no answer to this question. some altcoins can rubbish some of the very best to prices. it is important to keep the solid coin.

Since these alts are not trusted like bitcoin and ethereum still people not ready to believe these altcoins for long term savings. If they hold also price fluctuations will make the fear about the price changes takes to cheap price.
I see that many people having most of their altcoins on trading sites and MEW wallet online. The place the saved itself showing that we are not need to save the funds for long term profit. I would go with option as savings alts would be dangerous.
The Young Turk
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1013

DAVID CHAUM's xx coin SALE IS NOW LIVE!

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 10:11:06 PM

Depending on which coin you choose. iI you think of it as a long-term investment, a very large part of the altcoins will make a lot of money for investors. You can earn tens of thousands of dollars with only a few hundred dollars worth of investment. But you do not always know it will.

███████                   
                      ██████████                        ██       
                       ████████████                  ███       
                                ██████████           █████       
                                        ███████      ██████         
██████                  ███████     ████
████████                ██████     ██   
██████████        ████████           
███████████    █████████           
████████    ████████

███████    ████████       
              ██████    █████████████ 
          █████████      ███████████ 
      ███████████          █████████ 
██████████████                       
████████████████                       
███████      ████████████           
██████        ████████████           
████                ██████████           

.xx-coin.io.

DAVID CHAUM's xx coin SALE IS NOW LIVE!

Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 10:15:16 PM

Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh

You're right. Most alts are going to die off within a couple of years time. Remember peercoin, mastercoin, etc. was the next big thing? And name coin was still a working thing of the past? Yeah. That was only a year or two ago.

The needs of the market will fluctuate as investors taste shifts over time. That's why this happens.

ICOs aren't that profitable anymore, so you'd have to find one that actually offers something new and people will like the idea of.

Alts are a short term game, btc is the real long term game here.
anthinguy21

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 10:40:59 PM

There are a lof of risky things in this world and holding alts is not an exception Smiley. You also can risk your money when you just buy an altcoin and hold cause there are a lot of altcoins so if you choose wrong coin without any potential to hold, it'll be really terrible. Beside it'll also make you feel panic if you buy it from Q4 2017 cause maybe the price of coins you're holding has dropped a lot. But don't become a panic seller cause everything will be fine til Q4 of this year

Sephire

Merit: 136

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 10:59:03 PM

Cannot treat all the alts as same. Some bad or scam projects will go down but good ones
will go up big so doing your own research and diversifying carefully is important.
Dissident991

Activity: 490
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 11:11:11 PM

It is a natural selection on the altcoins market, can you imagine how many new coins apper every day. If you have in your portfolio only good projects with strong team and usefull in real life concept you don't have to worry.
patrickj

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 11:33:19 PM

It is a natural selection on the altcoins market, can you imagine how many new coins apper every day. If you have in your portfolio only good projects with strong team and usefull in real life concept you don't have to worry.
Maybe some of it are scammed and left behind projects. We cannot deny the fact that every new and old crypto has it's end. And sometimes they do not actually gave the community a satisfying or good used of it. What I mean is they lack to help the customers or consumers to used their platform or services at good cost. So the tendency of it is going to dumped market.
nightmanisrightman

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

Global Risk Exchange - gref.io

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 11:47:02 PM

Anything in these markets can be dangerous given the volatile nature of them. The better question you should be asking is: what coins have actual use cases? Those are the ones that will survive past a couple years

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━  ((     Whitepaper     |     ANN Thread     ))  ━━
Telegram       Medium       Facebook       Twitter       Github
duyduc256

Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:12:05 AM

Anything in these markets can be dangerous given the volatile nature of them. The better question you should be asking is: what coins have actual use cases? Those are the ones that will survive past a couple years
Actually holding the altcoins is very risky. You can become very wealthy and can become poor in just one week. So what do we do to reduce the risk of investing?
I advise you to thoroughly research the altcoin you are investing and update your altcoin daily news. That's the best way you can decide to hold or sell.
lagista

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 06:16:04 AM

Actually holding the altcoins is very risky. You can become very wealthy and can become poor in just one week. So what do we do to reduce the risk of investing?
I advise you to thoroughly research the altcoin you are investing and update your altcoin daily news. That's the best way you can decide to hold or sell.
if you want to invest a coin we can expect to have a good coin and have a stable price stability. because at this time a lot of coins that have a high price and could be one option for investment so that our assets are maintained and safe.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: