Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 03:37:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is hodling alts dangerous?  (Read 4439 times)
MfzbCoin

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 03:06:54 PM

It's obvious that there's no need for so many substitution COINS in the market, so sell all
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 05:12:30 PM

I have a feeling that this year we will have more project die or value go to zero, attime when scrolling down CMC, most of the projects on it are nothing IMO or do not need to have a token, but since ICO is the new black in the space everyone wants to have a cut of the pie. One need to be very careful before investing into some of these project so one won't turn into bagholder

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
|Bitkoin|

Activity: 273
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 05:52:29 PM

Hodling low market cap coins with no product to show are dangerous. While projects with a working product and dedicated dev team are safe. The drop in price is always going to be temporary and going to recover today or tomorrow.
denulh

Activity: 300

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:13:31 PM

Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh
in this topic, you are discussing about holding Altcoins from ICOs,however i suggest you should not investing in ICO coins, because it is dangerous with ICO coins, usually the first time the token of ICO get listed on exchanges, you should never hold but sell, because most investors will sell, making the value of that coins drop heavily,  and wait until the market very low to buy with cheaper price again.

T r a x i o n                                                            TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY       Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
Github     Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Reddit     Youtube
Grossmeister

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 06:19:37 PM

If you don't really have enough knowledge on the coin that you are holding then it's a yes. And even if knew that the coin is promising, there's competition, issues, problems inside the team, financial, and schedules that you need to watch that will indicate if it still worthy to hold or it's time to sell.
An experienced investor constantly monitors his portfolio of tokens and knows when to sell them, and when to stand. And you thought that investors just bought and are waiting for ?? and there is nothing to analyze in the process?

CORNUCOPIA    || Gain Access to Amazing IPOs || [ Pre-Ico 2018 ]

Whitepaper    Facebook TwitterTelegram
Hakamura

Activity: 294
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:02:03 PM

I think, holding coins makes sense only when you are sure of the project, have studied all its aspects and you can see the work of  team.
in any case, it is worth the risk.
if out of ten of your coins, at least one will fly to the moon, it will justify all the investments in the rest.
adsdas

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:46:09 AM

of course, no one know the future and we can only predict based on our knowledge and experience. so, if you do not have enough knowledge, you should choose famous coins to invest.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
8count

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:16:08 AM

It can be dangerous but making investments into to solid projects with working products as well as clear advancing roadmap should minimize the risk. Plenty of pretty solid altcoins out there that will see big rising once the spotlight is finally shone on them amongst the huge number there is today.
bitcoinposts

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:18:41 AM

Holding alts is the only way for bitcoin riches if we have more patience to hold alt coins we can multiply bitcoin in terms of bitcoin
cemburu

Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:36:26 PM

Last year alts rise a lot. I don't know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at the year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also, we are following new ICO sand most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to the market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh
I do not think it's dangerous but it certainly has enormous risks. Especially if you hold a coin whose background is not very clear, you should be very vigilant. My suggestion if you want to hold Altcoin, choose Altcoin the future prospects are good and promising. Do not let you experience a big loss.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:56:21 AM

Leaving as it is, is always dangerous, investing in to crypto is already a big risks. If you are into earning, you should watch every update and be ready to sell it anymore. Don't settle your mindset that it will grow again anytime soon. There is no guarantee to thing statement. if you're planning on long time investment, better to act like you don't care with your coin cause it will really affect you.

it isnt dangerous but it is risky. I guess the word danger is slightly different to the word risky. we only use the word danger in a real world but in online world we oftenly use the word risky. anyways , holding alts is not risky based on my own opinion because the real risky is when you sell it or when you trade it. theres always a chance for every coins to recover , therfor holding or investing is pretty safe at all.
The greatest risk in my opinion from altcoins does not come from the altcoins themselves it comes from your decision, what decision you may ask? The decision of which coin you are going to buy if you buy a good altcoin and you are patient then you are not really at risk you are going to earn money some way or another, but if you choose the wrong altcoin you are almost guaranteed to lose your money.
Radio1000

Activity: 31

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:16:35 AM

Safe bet is dogecoin  Grin
Ambrosius

Merit: 2

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:13:51 AM

We must be careful when choosing altcoin as an investment, let alone an ICO coin that we do not know will end what it looks like. for that we must be smart sorting ICO. for another altcoin we first see the progress of an altcoin. if not stable do not hold it for too long. if it is stable I think not to worry

MobileBridge Momentum Token Sale
▬  https://momentumtoken.io/  ▬
Revolutionising Marketing & Loyalty
palermofc

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:30:26 AM

Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh
Hold your coins not for years but for a reasonabile time. Check the news and market dynamics, sell your altcoins when there is failure possibilty of the projects.

Be smart, not conservative.
lenashine

Activity: 111

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:26:31 AM

I do not think that the altcoins will fail today! I calculate for the growth of this currency this year as well. But at the end of the year I advise you to sell it!
wndrbr3d

Activity: 914
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:37:27 AM

Leaving as it is, is always dangerous, investing in to crypto is already a big risks. If you are into earning, you should watch every update and be ready to sell it anymore. Don't settle your mindset that it will grow again anytime soon. There is no guarantee to thing statement. if you're planning on long time investment, better to act like you don't care with your coin cause it will really affect you.

it isnt dangerous but it is risky. I guess the word danger is slightly different to the word risky. we only use the word danger in a real world but in online world we oftenly use the word risky. anyways , holding alts is not risky based on my own opinion because the real risky is when you sell it or when you trade it. theres always a chance for every coins to recover , therfor holding or investing is pretty safe at all.
The greatest risk in my opinion from altcoins does not come from the altcoins themselves it comes from your decision, what decision you may ask? The decision of which coin you are going to buy if you buy a good altcoin and you are patient then you are not really at risk you are going to earn money some way or another, but if you choose the wrong altcoin you are almost guaranteed to lose your money.
Investing in altcoins is a great risk but also you can take a great profit (Stratis, Neo and other cryptos). That's why we should hold 40-50% of investment portolio in base coins: BTC,ETH.
playboy654

Activity: 546
Merit: 32

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:52:35 AM

I do not think that the altcoins will fail today! I calculate for the growth of this currency this year as well. But at the end of the year I advise you to sell it!

Holding your coins will not give you any problems or risky thing.it is gives you only a big tension to all investors if you cross that tension with your patience you will be get a good way in this crypto currencies field.

hansbans

Activity: 380

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:58:33 AM

Everything is dangerous with this markets Cheesy even the altcoins that we thought were safe were down in price. Everything is in a downtrend and it is very difficult to give the right decision.
So really everything is dangerous now Smiley

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
usmanov123

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Chikuntv

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 10:01:05 AM

It depends. Good alts will moon. HODL if you sit on good average. If you bought the top sorry and welcome to the rekt club.
nicomedya5

Activity: 560
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 10:22:57 AM

i think holding is very dangerous. you must use stop-loss. holding can not always win. sometimes holding can lose too much.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: