Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 04:41:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is hodling alts dangerous?  (Read 4439 times)
lunafreya

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 06:55:27 PM

I dont think that holding altcoins is dangerous. You can lose your money for sure but you can also get profit with them by trading or holding them for long term investment. I don’t see any problem with holding alts.
Redhead5

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 07:36:09 PM

Holding altcoin will always give us profit but everything depends on choosing the good potential coins in the market. People are failing to choose potential coins and at last failing to make money, in some most of people become only because they are holding the altcoin which has potential.

Agree with you. If we really choose the potential altcoins which are probably getting better in terms of its value in the marketcap I dont think there is dangerous in holding with them. Just make a deep research in the marketplaced which altcoins has potential to grow better and the opportunity to get more profit will be yours.
Xxxurrrad

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 07:42:25 PM

Any investment in cryptocurrency is a risk. Even coins from the top 10 can fall in price. So no risk in this market not to make money.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
bhoybitcoin

Activity: 336

“Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics”

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 08:37:00 PM

If you don't know how to hold them and trade, yes its really dangerous because lack of trading knowledge may lead to investment loss. Being in this kind of career isn't that easy. You need to figure out what will gonna happened for the next hours. Making money is not really easy.

Primal6666

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 09:27:03 PM

Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh

Depend of alts of course. If project is perspective, why not. And i think if market goes down, there is no point to keep your funds in any cryptocurrency, doesnt matter alts or top 10.  Grin

OAX - BRIDGE TO TRADITIONAL FINANCE WORLD
OAX - INTEGRATION OF CRYPTOCURRENCY MARKET
■ oax.org ■ bit.ly/BttANN ■ bit.ly/ActiveBounty ■
koleskok

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 09:51:31 PM

it depends on what you hold and think about it before doing something, set it up correctly that you will be holding on see who the team is and the road map or participate in a discussion like telegram then you'll be fine
Dread

Activity: 315
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 10:04:29 PM

Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh

just watch for tech and busines of your Altcoin or take off all of yours money and join Bitcoin:)

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
MiF

Activity: 1386
Merit: 258

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 10:30:25 PM

Is it dangerous to keep old altcoins? Here, each situation needs to be discussed individually, because everything depends on the project, what technical part it has.
it is not dangerous to protect the old altcoin. depending on how the development of altcoin is in the future, if it is still a chance in the future I think it is not dangerous if you hold the old token
Long term can be suicide for your altcoins, but though some of those lacking knowledge may felt in danger because of hesitations. They should do more research before buying those crypto coins for trading. Some of the coins will not do good for trading, it might lose its value in a long run and certainly have zero demand in the future. If you choose a good coin for holdings, well definitely you don't have to be afraid of and of course you'll be able to have more inputs from its road map before deciding to continue the journey of your alts particular on its community.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

waaat?

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:41:07 PM

It is %100 more risky than holding bitcoin. Altcoins have very risky and volatile nature. They are affected harder with bad news, hack news etc. But they are equally affected by pump news so I think its fair to invest against risk for better profits.

If you choose right alts it can be more stable than BTC. I always made own research. Sometime it happens with ready report from web. And I do own (OWN) decision about trust or no this team and this coin. After that risk will be minimum
tursunalimenman

Activity: 373
Merit: 15

bounty stakes trading

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 05:50:52 PM

It is %100 more risky than holding bitcoin. Altcoins have very risky and volatile nature. They are affected harder with bad news, hack news etc. But they are equally affected by pump news so I think its fair to invest against risk for better profits.

If you choose right alts it can be more stable than BTC. I always made own research. Sometime it happens with ready report from web. And I do own (OWN) decision about trust or no this team and this coin. After that risk will be minimum
Agree with you. It depends what alcoins you decided to hold. BTC go down too maybe a little bit less than altcoins but when market go up altcoins go up more than BTC because BTC have more capitalization than other coins. Now BTC have 40% dominance from all market, so definately BTC need more time(and money) that price will go up.

●   TOP EXCHANGE IEO   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Yewnais

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:58:18 PM

Some altcoins will go up, some will go down. If you want to make money on this, then toss a coin to choose the direction of the transaction.
Naficopa

Activity: 2002
Merit: 516

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:16:10 PM

Holding is not very dangerous. Each investment carries some risk. It depends on what coins you keep. If you have good and promising coins, it's definitely worth holding. Before investing you need to do research to avoid buying shitcoins.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Zetminster

Activity: 32

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:25:45 PM

Holding is not very dangerous. Each investment carries some risk. It depends on what coins you keep. If you have good and promising coins, it's definitely worth holding. Before investing you need to do research to avoid buying shitcoins.

That is right. If you hold the top 10 mineable coins such as Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash and ETH, or Monero, that is fine.
sleblanc1469

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:04:18 PM

You should always monitor the situation, in unclear situations selling some coins may be a good idea.
Zlatna Kopa4ka

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:09:20 PM

I don't see holding altcoins as dangerous, but rather as risky. You should always monitor your investments in all of your coins, not just altcoins. Investing in crypto currencies is risky and sometimes dangerous, like these past months, that was dangerous. In not clear situations you should probably sell the altcoins, but at the end of the day some altcoins go up and some don't. Once you might just hit the right one, you can never know.
Hesaplar

Activity: 403
Merit: 250

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:45:07 PM

Good altcoins are not dangerous. For example you can't lose your money with Ethereum.
If you hold scam coins or high risk altcoins you can always lose your money. There is a chance but I suggest you to hold major altcoins and Bitcoin preferably.

energycom

Activity: 172

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:03:45 PM

Holding altcoins is dangerous but holding fiat euro, usd or holding gold and silver is dangerous too. There is nothing risk free in this world. Holding alts is the only way to make money as you integrate into the system.
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:39:29 PM

It actually depends on the coin that you are going to hold, there are coins that die or lacks/slow in development which I think is not a good indicator to hold. If you hold a coin without a good potential for too long, you might have missed a lot of potential income from it. So, make your own criteria as to when are you going to hold.
cannycassiopeia

Activity: 266
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:44:59 PM

Holding your altcoins in exchanges is more dangerous. I don't see any problem regarding this HODL thing as long as you're careful enough with your data (private keys) and the trader should know when is the best time to sell those investments.

I'll be active when the bull market comes back
cabbarlana

Activity: 448

send and receive money instantly, w/no hidden cost

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 09:19:17 PM

You need to stay away from over-fluctuating coins, especially if you are going to hold it for long-term investment, do not be afraid to let it fly with steam.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: