Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:50:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is hodling alts dangerous?  (Read 4437 times)
neoband

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 06:31:48 PM

erm...no
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Shtamm_oval

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 08:23:27 PM

Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh
Yes, I think to delay this crypto currency will be quite risky and stupid because it is not so stable and can greatly lead to a minus. But the choice is yours and you choose.
Godef

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 09:11:11 PM

The cryptocurrency market is not stable, so it is not necessary to talk about the stability of bitcoin and various alkynes. There was a General trend of falling in the market, now there is a good growth.
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 09:56:25 PM

It all depends on the market state and the way you keep your crypto as well. If the market goes down then holding alternative coins will lead you to big losses. But if the market goes up, holding such coins can increase your capital several times.
The main idea to trade is to make profit and not to panic and sell off everything at a loss rather than waiting for the market to recover and no one in their right sense would support this decision to sell off coins when they could potentially move the coin when there is a favorable situaton.
poncik

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 11:00:13 PM

For me, holding altcoin is not dangerous, because many of them have already very low prices. So, I think holding your altcoins might be very reasonable in these times.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
murazor

Activity: 1134
Merit: 523

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 11:04:09 PM

Crypto currency is a very big risk. You must always remember this. And even if you are completely confident in a coin, you should remember that the market at any moment can go down.
OnnoTunes

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 11:07:30 PM

Most of the coins from 3-4 years ago are nearly gone. That is the nature of cryptocurrency, coins cannot live without investors, supporters in short their community. People move to better coins to gain more income, so the old ones disappear.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 11:14:26 PM

Most of the coins from 3-4 years ago are nearly gone. That is the nature of cryptocurrency, coins cannot live without investors, supporters in short their community. People move to better coins to gain more income, so the old ones disappear.
That's most of the small altcoins that never really contributed anything in the first place, most of the tokens and coins from 2014/2015 that actually contributed something, or at the very least had some kind of significant backing, are still alive and kicking. A lot of the newer tokens are stronger than some of those other cryptos ever were, and I have a feeling they'll be sticking around for a while. I also have to say that i am getting paid to promote Fanchain, but I do believe it is a unique and viable concept that'll last for a long time simply because of the effect it can have on one of the biggest markets in America: sports.
kateycoin

Activity: 882
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 11:19:04 PM

It's not dangerous to hold a coin but if that coin don't have any value anymore I think its disappointing because instead you earn a profit you get nothing so we beed to always find good altcoin that have good value and have potential to grow.

███    TWITTER      MOCKTAIL      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC         SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
Linggis

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 01:57:02 AM

Yes, of course, it is.
We know, a lot of altcoins are emerging every day and cause there are so many altcoins in the Cryptocurrency market.
this makes the price of altcoin to be competing with a good value and a good altcoin technology then it can survive.
And if not able to survive in the market then the price will certainly fall and disappear in the market Cryptocurrency.
Therefore, before making a purchase of altcoin it would be good to do surveys and check first and make sure the coins to be purchased are coins that have the potential to survive in the Cryptocurrency market for a long time.
btcyoda

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 05:08:00 AM

Crypto currency is a very big risk. You must always remember this. And even if you are completely confident in a coin, you should remember that the market at any moment can go down.

People should understand crypto currency market is always risky to hold the coins. We have to act according to the market situation which will not harm us more. So we should not hold them completely we have to sell them for profit in order to attain our profits firstly.
Sobol101

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 05:13:12 AM

Not to say that it is quite dangerous, but there is always a certain risk, also with any coin, you always need to take the risk to earn more resources than expected, without risk. I think. Undecided Grin
bandungan

Activity: 798

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 05:59:23 AM

there is nothing dangerous if the holding altcoin has good coin qualification and stable price resistance. but if we choose coins that do not have good potential I think there will definitely be a big harm that is harmful.
okan

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:57:15 AM

For me, holding altcoin is not dangerous, because many of them have already very low prices. So, I think holding your altcoins might be very reasonable in these times.

for me it is very very dangerous.
in a short time, 5 months, 95% of altcoins dropped to 1/10 value.

look the graphs. and if it will continue like that. there will be no coin except major one.
Muzika

Activity: 980
Merit: 261

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 07:07:22 AM

usually holding alts is better than selling immediately after acquiring it, because there are alts that is need to hold before it will be having a good value in the market because alts that is currently released in the market the bounty hunter will dump all their coins.
cryptosharkk

Activity: 69
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 07:37:49 AM

Market Situation for now is terrible. so for me only hold is the option.

? ?? ?? ? ??    ?       BetGil.io      ?       BETGIL IS SET TO       ?    ?? ? ?? ?? ?
- - -    REVOLUTIONIZE THE ONLINE GAMING INDUSTRY   
1DC

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 07:47:13 AM

Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh

It is always depending on the coin you're holding . Just look at bitcoin or even ethereum few years ago, the value of those coin was not even reach a $100 dollar but after a couple of years , look at their value now . Can you imagine the how rich those people who already holding that coins few years ago? So basically holding is not dangerous it's always depending on the coin.
R3ffun

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 07:56:10 AM

Not sure what you exactly mean.

Invest in projects with a solid roadmap, excellent team and a community and you will be fine.

If you throw money are pump and dump copycat shit coins you will loose in the long term

In fact you should just make sure that you'll invested on some existing project that proves that your money wouldn't be wasted. Some alts are just focusing on giving up value with their coin and don't even care about their project to continue in short it was all just imaginary that's why don't be surprised why those alts are all dead now.
for holding is indeed dangerous for all Altcoin used. I would recommend some to keep the income and storage balanced. with over time, we need to generate profits large enough to produce its own wealth in order to achieve much greater profits. and I recommend using Altcoin as best as possible and as efficiently as possible.
poncik

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 02:45:09 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2018, 04:01:06 PM by poncik

for me it is very very dangerous.
in a short time, 5 months, 95% of altcoins dropped to 1/10 value.

look the graphs. and if it will continue like that. there will be no coin except major one.

For me, it is not a big surprise that the altcoin prices have decreased massively, because this is usual in the crypto world. I believe that there are many good altcoins in the crypto world which can reach double, triple and much more better prices. Smiley

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
Ajinomoto40

Activity: 338

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 05:12:59 PM

It's not dangerous to hold alts but just make sure that you'll always monitor the movement of the coins that you have. Decreasing the value of some altcoins is just normal because it will regain again for maybe few days.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: