Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:31:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 [199] 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official BITMINE CoinCraft series 28nm ASIC miners thread  (Read 565004 times)
latinum

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:45:35 AM
Last edit: July 15, 2014, 07:55:49 AM by latinum

I ordered a 2Th/s rig late last year, after a lot of delays Bitmine offered me to send me 3 x 1Th/s Coincraft Desks which they did within the 7 days we agreed upon. Two of the modules was faulty, so they sent me 2 replacement modules. They still owed me the price difference and the cost of a replacement powersupply (one of them died after a couple of weeks hashing) as a refund, instead of sending me the funds in euro's or bitcoin they offered to send me 2 modules. As my miners were fully equipped I couldn't really use those... so they sent me a complete 400Gh/s unit instead. So even though they were very busy they were able to send me the replacement parts and a compensation for late delivery.

The way I see it they are doing their best but have underestimated the complexity of both designing, manufacturing and distributing their hardware. Keep in mind this is not Intel, AMD, or some other big electronics company. They have probably paid for a lot of hardware up front, when lots of customers demand a refund it's like a bank run... their is no money, just a lot of hardware.

I have always said you can compare this to the goldrush: the people who get rich are not the people digging for gold, but the people selling the shovels Wink Even though I realized this I find bitcoin so interesting that I wanted to be part of it, as an evangelist what better way to put your money where your mouth is than mining?

This certainly hasn't been one of my best investments, but not one of my worst either. It's no excuse for Bitmine to ship late or not send a refund in time but we need to keep in mind that the whole bitcoin mining industry is still in it's infancy... delays are common, my first miner was from Butterflylabs, needless to say I never made a cent from that investment. (I suspect BFL was/is a scam) Personally I think you should only invest in something as risky as mining when you can stand to lose the money. As far as my little mining operation: with a little bit of luck I'll break even by the end of the year and make a tiny profit. When the miners are using more power than they return I might try my luck with some altcoins... and in a worst case scenario I'll have some power supplies and a couple of RaspberryPi's "for free" Wink

I don't believe Bitmine intentionally shipped/refunded late, from my experience they have done their best to help me but they seem a bit overwhelmed by their own success, their tight schedule and the fact that the refund plan they have in place might have been a bit too optimistic.... especially when large groups of customers demanded a refund this can cause huge cashflow problems.

Don't get me wrong, everyone who asked for a refund should get it as this was part of the agreement with Bitmine. This is just my personal experience / 2 satoshi's... I sincerely hope they are able to refund everyone and professionalize Bitmine.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Schinder75

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:20:19 AM

Good for you, as it seems your are statisfied.

I'm sitting in the other corner. They deny me refunding of shipping costs. I picked up the miner myself and now they tell me not to be so greedy.

This company is driven by a boss he does not even care about anything as long his ferrari has enough gasoline. I'm so done with them. The promised heaven and deliver a piece of shit not even close to the announced specs.

And now they tell me not to be so greedy? I mean wtf?

So I gave all the stuff to the procuratorial in there area, they will do the rest.

I can just say, do not throw any money or btc to bitmine.ch for any future customer.
mainhybrid

Activity: 11

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:47:40 PM

Hi guys! I am one of those who fall for the promise of a great mining experience with these Coin Craft Desk units. I ordered back in Sept 2013 for the first batch and it came until May 2014. Complete disappointment. Now I'm struggling to get any ROI, but anyway I'm not here to discuss this.

The CCD is already running but my concern is that when I setup the miner to Turbo Mode it doesn't get to the promised Hashing speed using 4 modules of 200GH each. The more intresting thing is that when logging in to the CCD dashboard it says 900GHs+ and when looking at my Bitminter dashboard it reports 600-700+GHs. Less power than when setting the unit in Nominal. I thougth that this was because of the mining pool. I gave a try to BTC Guild and got the same outcome. Less power than what the miner reports in its LCD and dashboard.

Previously I've sent an email to the Bitmine "Support" (sorry for the quotes, but if there are/is any Bitmine member is in this post, you guys always give false expectations and never come out with a solution) and what I've got as answer is that they are "working" on a "new firmware release" which I have never seen or heard of since I bought the unit.

Giorgio and/or whoever else is responsible for this company I'm really disappointment at you guys. You stated that you will not be the next BFL Sh..T  Huh but you are getting there (or are already there). Unexpected delays on product deliveries and refunds  Angry. Changing policies at the last minute to fit your needs  Angry. Poor support and communication skills  Angry.

If anyone in this post is able to make the CCD achieve it's Turbo hashing power and make it recognizable by the mining pool please let me know. Also if the so acclaimed "Firmware Update" is available somewhere in the Internet I would appreciate if you can share it in this post. I tried googling it and all point to Bitmine.ch un-updated website.

Cheers!

PS. This unit will work pretty cool as a high electricity consuming home heater if it don't make any ROI. Can I convert it to a microwave or some kind of convection oven? At least it would heat food or do popcorns. Just a thought.
jseppeli

Activity: 430
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 08:20:20 PM

Hi guys! I am one of those who fall for the promise of a great mining experience with these Coin Craft Desk units. I ordered back in Sept 2013 for the first batch and it came until May 2014. Complete disappointment. Now I'm struggling to get any ROI, but anyway I'm not here to discuss this.

The CCD is already running but my concern is that when I setup the miner to Turbo Mode it doesn't get to the promised Hashing speed using 4 modules of 200GH each. The more intresting thing is that when logging in to the CCD dashboard it says 900GHs+ and when looking at my Bitminter dashboard it reports 600-700+GHs. Less power than when setting the unit in Nominal. I thougth that this was because of the mining pool. I gave a try to BTC Guild and got the same outcome. Less power than what the miner reports in its LCD and dashboard.

Previously I've sent an email to the Bitmine "Support" (sorry for the quotes, but if there are/is any Bitmine member is in this post, you guys always give false expectations and never come out with a solution) and what I've got as answer is that they are "working" on a "new firmware release" which I have never seen or heard of since I bought the unit.

Giorgio and/or whoever else is responsible for this company I'm really disappointment at you guys. You stated that you will not be the next BFL Sh..T  Huh but you are getting there (or are already there). Unexpected delays on product deliveries and refunds  Angry. Changing policies at the last minute to fit your needs  Angry. Poor support and communication skills  Angry.

If anyone in this post is able to make the CCD achieve it's Turbo hashing power and make it recognizable by the mining pool please let me know. Also if the so acclaimed "Firmware Update" is available somewhere in the Internet I would appreciate if you can share it in this post. I tried googling it and all point to Bitmine.ch un-updated website.

Cheers!

PS. This unit will work pretty cool as a high electricity consuming home heater if it don't make any ROI. Can I convert it to a microwave or some kind of convection oven? At least it would heat food or do popcorns. Just a thought.

If you read about 30 backwards you would notice that nobody has gotten the miner to run at a speed that Bitmine has originally promised with their "up to" declaration they had.
you still can find some better settings than the normal settings where both power and hash is somewhat parallel and reasonable.
Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 06:00:21 AM

someone know what to do when the device told you cgminer not connected
i have tried so many things, check the cable, restart so many times. reset it nothing works
i ve also tried to contact bitmine, but there are no reply from them

any help?

thanks in advance

Try troubleshooting it one module at a time:

Hello, I have the same problem as Zelek Uther mentioned here before. The miner starts hashing and then slowly dies after a few minutes.
After rebooting I can start it again with the same result....after a few minutes it just stops hashing.
Any ideas ?
I still have this issue on one miner. I've tried different SDCards, different firmware (including Debian Desk from a forum user), I have even swapped out the RaspPi. Still have the same issue where cgminer fails with a segmentation fault. I see this by invoking cgminer from the command line.

What I'm trialling now is running just one module at a time. I unplugged the PCIe cable from every module except the first one, and it ran fine on one module for 24 hours. Power down, try the same with just module 2... and so on. I run each for at least 24 hours as a test. Still working through this. Then I'll try two modules... then three etc until I can run stable with as many as possible.
I've run each module by itself, then combinations of two, then three, and finally have it hashing stable on four modules.

So the result of my troubleshooting is that I have to leave one module unplugged (PCIe cable disconnected).

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
mainhybrid

Activity: 11

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:32:53 PM

Cheers!

If you read about 30 backwards you would notice that nobody has gotten the miner to run at a speed that Bitmine has originally promised with their "up to" declaration they had.
you still can find some better settings than the normal settings where both power and hash is somewhat parallel and reasonable.

I'm a a newbie on this hardware thing. Can you elaborate more on how can I find better settings?

Thanks!
atta2k15

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:43:12 PM

someone know what to do when the device told you cgminer not connected
i have tried so many things, check the cable, restart so many times. reset it nothing works
i ve also tried to contact bitmine, but there are no reply from them

any help?

thanks in advance

Try troubleshooting it one module at a time:

Hello, I have the same problem as Zelek Uther mentioned here before. The miner starts hashing and then slowly dies after a few minutes.
After rebooting I can start it again with the same result....after a few minutes it just stops hashing.
Any ideas ?
I still have this issue on one miner. I've tried different SDCards, different firmware (including Debian Desk from a forum user), I have even swapped out the RaspPi. Still have the same issue where cgminer fails with a segmentation fault. I see this by invoking cgminer from the command line.

What I'm trialling now is running just one module at a time. I unplugged the PCIe cable from every module except the first one, and it ran fine on one module for 24 hours. Power down, try the same with just module 2... and so on. I run each for at least 24 hours as a test. Still working through this. Then I'll try two modules... then three etc until I can run stable with as many as possible.
I've run each module by itself, then combinations of two, then three, and finally have it hashing stable on four modules.

So the result of my troubleshooting is that I have to leave one module unplugged (PCIe cable disconnected).

hashing at diff1 can cause a pool to stop working, so miner will not have more work and stops.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 01:06:55 PM

I ordered and payed in January and February.

Middle of June i received the order (picked it up) with 150% compensation, so I got 250% GHs of my original order.

Yes it was akward. But its a very good stable product. There is nothing better on the market right now for immediate delivery. thats the truth itself.

cheers and happy mining.

When were you supposed to receive your order when you made the payments?

There is nothing better on the market right now for immediate delivery. thats the truth itself.

Do you really believe this? ignoring that fact that the product isn't available for immediate delivery...

Gaglam

Activity: 390
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 04:37:15 PM

But this 'newer' product is available for immediate delivery.
http://bitmine.ch/product/coincraft-desk-gen2/
Airwhale

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 05:47:45 AM

But this 'newer' product is available for immediate delivery.
http://bitmine.ch/product/coincraft-desk-gen2/

It's also more expensive and power hungry than pretty much any other product out there available for immediate delivery. 
bomberb17

Activity: 771
Merit: 528

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 08:06:05 AM

I'm selling one (1) CCD module, 200GH/s.
Works perfectly.
Price 0.4BTC + shipping.
BM_CH

Activity: 8

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 09:12:11 AM

I ordered a 2Th/s rig late last year, after a lot of delays Bitmine offered me to send me 3 x 1Th/s Coincraft Desks which they did within the 7 days we agreed upon. Two of the modules was faulty, so they sent me 2 replacement modules. They still owed me the price difference and the cost of a replacement powersupply (one of them died after a couple of weeks hashing) as a refund, instead of sending me the funds in euro's or bitcoin they offered to send me 2 modules. As my miners were fully equipped I couldn't really use those... so they sent me a complete 400Gh/s unit instead. So even though they were very busy they were able to send me the replacement parts and a compensation for late delivery.

The way I see it they are doing their best but have underestimated the complexity of both designing, manufacturing and distributing their hardware. Keep in mind this is not Intel, AMD, or some other big electronics company. They have probably paid for a lot of hardware up front, when lots of customers demand a refund it's like a bank run... their is no money, just a lot of hardware.

I have always said you can compare this to the goldrush: the people who get rich are not the people digging for gold, but the people selling the shovels Wink Even though I realized this I find bitcoin so interesting that I wanted to be part of it, as an evangelist what better way to put your money where your mouth is than mining?

This certainly hasn't been one of my best investments, but not one of my worst either. It's no excuse for Bitmine to ship late or not send a refund in time but we need to keep in mind that the whole bitcoin mining industry is still in it's infancy... delays are common, my first miner was from Butterflylabs, needless to say I never made a cent from that investment. (I suspect BFL was/is a scam) Personally I think you should only invest in something as risky as mining when you can stand to lose the money. As far as my little mining operation: with a little bit of luck I'll break even by the end of the year and make a tiny profit. When the miners are using more power than they return I might try my luck with some altcoins... and in a worst case scenario I'll have some power supplies and a couple of RaspberryPi's "for free" Wink

I don't believe Bitmine intentionally shipped/refunded late, from my experience they have done their best to help me but they seem a bit overwhelmed by their own success, their tight schedule and the fact that the refund plan they have in place might have been a bit too optimistic.... especially when large groups of customers demanded a refund this can cause huge cashflow problems.

Don't get me wrong, everyone who asked for a refund should get it as this was part of the agreement with Bitmine. This is just my personal experience / 2 satoshi's... I sincerely hope they are able to refund everyone and professionalize Bitmine.

Hi,
I fully agree to you.
Before I spend my money I was clearly aware that I could easily loose all of it. And yes it's about "goldrush"
I have a my coincraft desk, it consumes a lot of power (no real idea how much) and it generates slowly some TBC.
No I never expect to make any penny, that was and is my risk. But hey, in my opinion no one should ever expect to get/make money for free. This BTC stuff is still gambling. If you don't like it, leave it. If you like it, join the "fun".
In my opinion the bitmine.ch guys are doing their best. And yes, if they don't have a penny left, they can't refund (just math).
Let's see where it ends, maybe in two years nowone talks about BTC anymore. There here to be done a lot, to make BTC a "real" currency and real valuable. http://www.businessinsider.com/fred-wilson-on-bitcoin-2014-7

Now,  a real question. How do you guys easily measure the powerusage of your mining hw?

Cheers!
swordfish6975

Activity: 721
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 10:13:58 AM
Last edit: July 21, 2014, 10:44:49 AM by swordfish6975

I picked one of these up second hand - only three days ago - not impressed so far...

1. the small heatsinks fell off
2. last night I smelt a burning smell - the 2x molex to 8 pin pcie power connector (shoved in a 6 pin socket) was burnt -  traced it all the way back to the PSU (toughpower 1500w) theres one burnt peripheral socket now.

At the moment im running two modules that I have stuck heat sinks back on - the other that was pluged in to the fried socket im reseating (with this) the heat sinks delibrately.

The chips seem to all be a bit melted when you remove the small heatsinks.

Can see why he was selling it cheap.

running 4 modules at the moment  ~830 GH/s at ~897 watts

Now,  a real question. How do you guys easily measure the powerusage of your mining hw?

like this

Though I wuss out and put eletrical safety gloves on to throw the switch and press the buttons - I dont trust these cheap chinese contraptions.

Also dont trust them enough to leave them in for a long time - put it in - see watts - take it out.

>>>>  Physical Bitcoin And Altcoin Price Ticker Screen - http://afkdata.com <<<<

http://cryptofolio.info  - google finance of cryptos
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 10:32:40 AM

Now,  a real question. How do you guys easily measure the powerusage of your mining hw?

like this

Though I wuss out and put eletrical safety gloves on to throw the switch and press the buttons - I dont trust these cheap chinese contraptions.

Also dont trust them enough to leave them in for a long time - put it in - see watts - take it out.
I notice an Australian power point. For slightly more you can get a non-generic one from steplight. These have been great for me:

http://steplight.com.au/monitor/plug-in-electricity-power-meter/

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
swordfish6975

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 10:38:43 AM
Last edit: July 21, 2014, 11:08:30 AM by swordfish6975

ive actualy been meaning to take it in to work - I work in electricity metering. (im a software dev though)

The guys there would be able to tell me how much its out and how terible it is.

probably should have got that steplight one - didnt know it existed!

stealth edit: anyone know where I would find the new firmware - there site no linky  (http://bitmine.ch/support/firmware/)

>>>>  Physical Bitcoin And Altcoin Price Ticker Screen - http://afkdata.com <<<<

jpass022

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 05:53:08 PM

http://bitmine.ch/download/ccd/firmware/updates/20140425170710/mineros-basic-image-raspberrypi-20140425170710.rootfs.rpi-sdimg.zip

The link is under Support/ Firmware SD card restore.
swordfish6975

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 11:07:05 PM

oh cool thanks ill try that tonight

btcricon

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 12:39:40 AM

After all the scam bitmine did to me (late delivery, reduction of the compensation, selling my hardware to others, ...) I finally rejected all hardware from them and asked for refund. They told me I need to wait 30 days to get my money back .. wtf .. no matter what, 49 days are over, still no money back. They even do not respond to any email any more. Really bad, seems like my money is lost. Again (Virtual Mining Corp did the same thing to me)!

for those who care:
order-numers: 3339 & 4645 (payed with bitcoin)
GaliX

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

1NtkLdA98eGnsn8nEKpBGRd2VYGNBkGzd6

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 06:24:13 AM

After all the scam bitmine did to me (late delivery, reduction of the compensation, selling my hardware to others, ...) I finally rejected all hardware from them and asked for refund. They told me I need to wait 30 days to get my money back .. wtf .. no matter what, 49 days are over, still no money back. They even do not respond to any email any more. Really bad, seems like my money is lost. Again (Virtual Mining Corp did the same thing to me)!

for those who care:
order-numers: 3339 & 4645 (payed with bitcoin)

that's what most people experienced here.

Call them everyday and contact your lawyer.

Trade:   Forex (€/$...) - Stocks(Apple, Google..) - Commodities(Gold, Oil...) and Indices(S&P 500, Dax...)
All with BTCitcoin only -----   https://1broker.com ----- up to 200x Leverage & since 2012 ---
DTPush

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 11:12:32 AM

It seems that Bitmine AG is walking on the edge of bankruptcy: at least 0,4 million USD, that must be refunded, and counting...

Guys from Bitmine! Half a year waiting for refund (#4124 and #5164 with penalties, you promised in your "Customer Protection Plan"). I think, some news pages will be glad to receive a "breaking news" article.
Pages: « 1 ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 [199] 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 »
  Print  

Jump to: