Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 08:43:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 230 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official BITMINE CoinCraft series 28nm ASIC miners thread  (Read 565036 times)
Keefe

Activity: 681
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:11:47 AM

I have a Feb week 2 batch 2 order. I guess it's time to pay. They claim they are not going to be late. Unlikely that they will be on time. I'm assuming if I pay now I get the purchase protection which says that I get a certain percentage extra for every week late.

Oatmo

I urge you to get an exact "agreed shipment date" (contingent on payment time) before paying for your order. I paid first and have been asking them over and over for that for weeks and they just stall or pass the buck. It feels like they plan to make up that date later so they can minimize the additional hardware. The Customer Protection Plan is worthless without them stating the date upon which it's all based for your particular order. Note that I'm not talking about an estimated date. We all should know that delays are unpredictable, so estimates are pretty useless. What matters is what timetable the CPP is on, so you can know what amount of hardware you'll get for each possible delayed delivery date.

ISAWHIM

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:09:19 AM

How about you keep it to facts rather than your sole opinions?

Wise words... Follow them, don't just preach them.

I don't ignore the risk involved, I embrace it. It has paid me well. (And still pays me. Enough to share and spread the wealth, I might also add.)

As for your stupidity about changing the programs... If it comes to that, you have a choice to use it, or not. If it would hurt you, you wouldn't use it, thus, it would not be embraced.

As for the other coins... They have not shown anything that indicates they are not acting similar to bitcoins. There is your usual pump-n-dumps, but that happens on anything with value. If they didn't rise and fall, they would not be worth investing in. Like a dollar, which simply falls constantly... but it falls steadily... the more the banks and govt takes.

Pick any point in time, one year from any other point in time, on BTC, and tell me what the return has been. Now remove tons of "lost coins" from circulation, and apply standard logic of linear growth. Tell me what those values would return in the future. (Also, compare those numbers to "buying hardware" and "hardware returns".)

I said the value lies in the network, idiot. Someone didn't read. Value, still for the most part, is still greatly dependent on losses of the network. The supply is greater than demand, at the moment, and that is slowly changing. Thus, it will easily hit $150,000 and more, per BTC.  The only question is when it will hit that low value. Doesn't matter to me. I assume all my investment is a loss, a contribution to the network, so anything I get is a reward. (So-far, the reward has been a persistent 10x+ per year, for me. That is 1000% growth.)

Not that I like DogeCoin... (horrible coin), but it is making a lot of people money. That is too much risk for me to bite-off, chew and swallow. I stick with more predictable earnings, where the risk is lower and the gains would seem to be less, but in the end, are always more for me.

General rule of thumb... If everyone believes it will go up, it is guaranteed to go down. If it did what the majority wanted, there would be no winners, because there would be no losers. Someone has to lose, or hold-on longer, for making the wrong choices, or bailing-out early, or settling for less. People always settle for less, on the majority.

But all this is off topic.

They are delivering. End of story. Buy more, or settle with the ones you have coming, when they arrive. They don't have to mine the coins with your machines. You are already paying them 1,000x what the machine costs to produce. If they mine, they would just get less money, not more. Same rule... Buying is cheaper than mining... Why would they mine the coins when it is cheaper just to buy them, and not have to waste money on power, storage-space, maintenance, and replacement parts? They wouldn't.

It's like a bank... Banks don't want your money... they have plenty of that. They want to loan you money that you can't pay back, so they can obtain your assets. Then they end-up with your money and your assets, and you are left with nothing. The money is irrelevant, because they can just print more.
RetroGamer

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:54:53 AM

I don't ignore the risk involved, I embrace it. It has paid me well. (And still pays me. Enough to share and spread the wealth, I might also add.)

As for your stupidity about changing the programs... If it comes to that, you have a choice to use it, or not. If it would hurt you, you wouldn't use it, thus, it would not be embraced.

As for the other coins... They have not shown anything that indicates they are not acting similar to bitcoins. There is your usual pump-n-dumps, but that happens on anything with value. If they didn't rise and fall, they would not be worth investing in. Like a dollar, which simply falls constantly... but it falls steadily... the more the banks and govt takes.

Pick any point in time, one year from any other point in time, on BTC, and tell me what the return has been. Now remove tons of "lost coins" from circulation, and apply standard logic of linear growth. Tell me what those values would return in the future. (Also, compare those numbers to "buying hardware" and "hardware returns".)

I said the value lies in the network, idiot. Someone didn't read. Value, still for the most part, is still greatly dependent on losses of the network. The supply is greater than demand, at the moment, and that is slowly changing. Thus, it will easily hit $150,000 and more, per BTC.  The only question is when it will hit that low value. Doesn't matter to me. I assume all my investment is a loss, a contribution to the network, so anything I get is a reward. (So-far, the reward has been a persistent 10x+ per year, for me. That is 1000% growth.)

Not that I like DogeCoin... (horrible coin), but it is making a lot of people money. That is too much risk for me to bite-off, chew and swallow. I stick with more predictable earnings, where the risk is lower and the gains would seem to be less, but in the end, are always more for me.

General rule of thumb... If everyone believes it will go up, it is guaranteed to go down. If it did what the majority wanted, there would be no winners, because there would be no losers. Someone has to lose, or hold-on longer, for making the wrong choices, or bailing-out early, or settling for less. People always settle for less, on the majority.

They are delivering. End of story. Buy more, or settle with the ones you have coming, when they arrive. They don't have to mine the coins with your machines. You are already paying them 1,000x what the machine costs to produce. If they mine, they would just get less money, not more. Same rule... Buying is cheaper than mining... Why would they mine the coins when it is cheaper just to buy them, and not have to waste money on power, storage-space, maintenance, and replacement parts? They wouldn't.

It's like a bank... Banks don't want your money... they have plenty of that. They want to loan you money that you can't pay back, so they can obtain your assets. Then they end-up with your money and your assets, and you are left with nothing. The money is irrelevant, because they can just print more.

your posts are irrelevant because they miss the Theama
this is about a company which holds out to your customers from week to week
sure is always a BTC business risk but if you give evidence on the side of bitmine then reads the customer think they place your product in the manufacture specified time.
sure, it may be subject to delays but what you mentioned is hogwash are the error that I need to have in hand.
they are good 40 - 50 days late and provide no explainable reason and that is what annoys the customer
on the contrary, with its good news they awaken hope they supply then comes 2 - 3 weeks silent again
without the miners and their buyers so no BTC coins no transactions for you
computermaster

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:25:31 AM

Bitmine.ch shippment Of miners is definitly somewhere is the future. But of what of when, you cant say. From the point of a business market bitmine.ch is dead. They will not survive, because there are better companys out there.

Bitmine.ch lost alot of customers, because of the delay and their future is open up to the sky. Petamine ordered alot of miners, but they will never order again with bitmine.ch. thats the truth. Almost of 90 % of the forum will never order with bitmine.ch. be honest, would you? Butterfly and bitmine.ch are not going to survive the next round of new miners in 6 months. Point.

Will they deliver? There is hope. There should always be. But they have no working device (rig nor desk), Not even started production. So why the 17.th as a date? Its the 60 days, after everyone can cancal. To avoid everyone doing it now, they will say, that they are shipping at the end of february.

The first big delivery can be expected to be shipped earliest in march or april. Thats a positive approximation. Boys, they are not knc. Boys dont cry. Dont be dogs anymore.

How do you think they are paying your upgrades of free hardware? They mine for themselve.
If any messias has to rise here, with predictions of 150k btc price, so good. You can believe whatever you want to deal with this hard hard times with alot of lost money. I believe in seafood. I believe, what i seee.

What you can do now?  Nothing. For now the things are lost. Gone and lost forever. Dont take money out of the company in some weeks. Give them to it. Be good to them, but dont give more. You can pray, that their product is so fucking good and reliable that they have still a future.
tranquille

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 08:50:59 AM

]As for the other coins... They have not shown anything that indicates they are not acting similar to bitcoins. There is your usual pump-n-dumps, but that happens on anything with value. If they didn't rise and fall, they would not be worth investing in. Like a dollar, which simply falls constantly... but it falls steadily... the more the banks and govt takes.

On the interwebs no one knows I´m a dog!

You did not clearly state that the value lies in the network - so stop calling me words; quite the contrary in fact - you implied that altcoins have inherent value - when you´re only talking about pump and dump schemes which may have worked temporarily (regarding ROI) but are extremely risky. When the music stops the value might drop in an instant; you could as well put your money into pennystocks.

"They have not shown anything that indicates they are not acting similar to bitcoins."
Well have you seen much infrastructure being built around any other coin than BTC? E.g. merchants accepting them, startups building on top of their blockchains, venture capitalists investing in them. Most of them are far behind and definitely "not similar".
I am not saying each and every altcoin is worthless - but to assume the opposite is stupidity and a recipe for disaster!

Also according to your logic please explain to me why the value of one BTC wouldn´t reach 10.000.000$/btc or 100.000.000$ then?

They are shipping, 1000x what the machines cost, Buying is ALWAYS cheaper than mining,...
? Seriously - arguments like those only harm your credibility.

But enough of ego and drama because this is definitely OFF TOPIC.

As soon as some critical questions appear on the forum - Bitmine is taking cover and hiding.
This is a very poor way of handling customer support and they lost the last bit of credibility; furthermore not a single miner has been shipped afaik.

georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 08:57:09 AM

... You are already paying them 1,000x what the machine costs to produce.

Are you serious, ISAWHIM?

So a coinrig and coindesk with the lowest mounting (nr of moduls) costs me about 6000 $, but costs bitmine only 6 $ to produce?  Grin

That makes no sense.

Just the working hours to assemble and test the devices must be worth 1-2 thousand dollars.  Roll Eyes

Wolke
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:01:09 AM

where is giorgiomassa and bitmine ? -> i think we need a statement !

Thracian

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:11:36 AM

Yes, this is definitely OFF TOPIC, so...

please...

everyone...

Thank you! Smiley

Quote from: tranquille
But enough of ego and drama because this is definitely OFF TOPIC.
dp379

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:34:44 AM

I replied to my previous support ticket asking about the availability of turbo mode and Antonio was good enough to provide a response within reasonable time. Just thought I would share the details here since many people are also probably wondering about the same:

My Question:

"Will the rigs work at the advertised speed? By this I mean will they function at the advertised 2TH/Sec in normal mode and 2.8TH/Sec in Turbo mode? Or have there been any issues achieving these speeds?"

Antonio's Response:

"Hi,
the turbo mode function can arrive up to 2.8.
That of course is the speed of the ideal conditions.(temperature,clearance of the electricity signal that is provided to you)

Thanks"

So I would assume that the hardware (once delivered) will function as per the expected hash rates that customers paid for Smiley
segaklon

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:46:31 AM

And all this the difficulty goes up.

Bitcoin Difficulty:

Estimated Next Difficulty:

3,181,916,678(+21.38%)

Huh
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 09:48:25 AM

Antonio's Response:

"Hi,
That of course is the speed of the ideal conditions.(temperature,clearance of the electricity signal that is provided to you)

Thanks"

So I would assume that the hardware (once delivered) will function as per the expected hash rates that customers paid for Smiley

That's the answer I got too.

So it's more of an overclocking issue. Ofcourse you can reach the 2.8 TH, but you would have to have really excellent cooling conditions, and perfect current delievering the 3 kW.

Maybe you can use liquid nitrogen to cool or something.  Roll Eyes

Karlog

Activity: 66

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:08:59 AM

Antonio's Response:

"Hi,

Thanks"

So it's more of an overclocking issue. Ofcourse you can reach the 2.8 TH, but you would have to have really excellent cooling conditions, and perfect current delievering the 3 kW.

Maybe you can use liquid nitrogen to cool or something.  Roll Eyes

Happy to live in Denmark then, outside temps are close to 0, so just need to cut off my heater and put the miner (when it come) in the basement.. free heat Cheesy (or almost.. only 6000$ for a heater xD)
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:32:52 AM

Antonio's Response:

"Hi,

Thanks"

Happy to live in Denmark then, outside temps are close to 0, so just need to cut off my heater and put the miner (when it come) in the basement.. free heat Cheesy (or almost.. only 6000$ for a heater xD)

It would have been free heating if it didn't need 3Kw Wink
Karlog

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:02:19 AM

Antonio's Response:

"Hi,

Thanks"

I do hope that my miner can make more $ pr day than I have to pay for having it running.
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:13:32 AM

Antonio's Response:

"Hi,

Thanks"

I do hope that my miner can make more $ pr day than I have to pay for having it running.

I am sure it will Smiley

2.8TH is not exactly little hashing power. It's quite decent.
Considering that I am happy with my Ant, then I am sure you will be happy with your miner.

When do you expect to get it?
Karlog

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:19:59 AM

Antonio's Response:

"Hi,

Thanks"

I am sure it will Smiley

2.8TH is not exactly little hashing power. It's quite decent.
Considering that I am happy with my Ant, then I am sure you will be happy with your miner.

When do you expect to get it?

The last mail i got from bitmine (jan/31-2014) was saying week number 9, but I have a high order number, so if the not start shipping soon i believe that my miner will be more delayed. I "only" ordered a coin craft desk 1thps as i'm only an apprentice so i didn't have 12k usd to spare.

But if the miner can pay the powerbill and pay me back 6k usd i'm happy as I will spare a lot on heating the house.

Bitmine.ch:
Kindly be informed that for the moment the order #33xx is estimated to be ready for shipment in calender week 09/14.

Thanks for your interests in our products.
Danke für Ihr Interesse an unseren Produkten.
Gaglam

Activity: 390

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:22:58 AM

Depends on the delivery date.  Undecided
antirack

Activity: 489

Immersionist

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 03:30:36 PM

What power supply are they using?
Min€r

Activity: 359

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 03:34:37 PM

What power supply are they using?

Must be a custom one (ATX sized) as in the pics of the prototype only a single PSU will fit & there are no 3kw ATX PSU out there.

BTC Sticker: German | English  
BTC Promo Sticker Sets: German | English
1P7fvQGyNx2EwUD7zVfY8jvDFjfA5Sq59b
It_miner

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:12:55 PM

Hello to everyone!

I tried to read all the 55 and more pages of this 3d, but I didn't find this kind of info:

I live very close to Swiss, and very close to Bitmine (40 min driving).
I pre-ordered a rig 2 th/s in late December....that should be ready for the second week of Feb.
I choose to pick it up the rig directly at Bitmine, instead to deliver it to my office.
Anyone know how much will the customs charge when you drive thru with the Rig in your car? :-)))
What about UPS or DHL? how much will it costs in customs taxes?

Thank you

it_miner
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 230 »
  Print  

Jump to: