Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:55:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to known a Scam ICO  (Read 30742 times)
lavoncoin88
Copper Member

Activity: 109
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 09:52:39 AM

Please tell me how to known a scam ICO to protect myself
BTW now i should buy ICO coin or buy coin on exchange?
Thank so much
Common we notice of a scammed ico is when the team is not transparent and when we review in icobench the team indibidual status is unverified. As advice much better to buy existing coin with exchanges to make sure of the investment going through but considered to choose potential coins.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kjn311

Activity: 319
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 10:03:56 AM

Thank so much

It was quite difficult to do. Recently, fraudulent projects have created such beautiful sites and found such good actors that even an old and venerable investor came in and gave their money.
jademaxxiss012

Activity: 308
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2018, 10:10:09 AM

Hard to avoid, here is some tips.

3 Ways to Identify an ICO Scam:
1. The Developers Are Anonymous
The first and most blatant sign of an ICO scam is that the token’s developers are anonymous or otherwise-unknown.
2. The Token Does Not Have a Clear Use Case
Another sign of an ICO scam is that the developers are unable to clearly articulate a valid use case for the token.
3. The Whitepaper Sets Unrealistic Goals
If the whitepaper sets an unrealistic development schedule, it either means the developers are using deceptive tactics to attract token buyers or they lack the necessary experience to give a sensible scope to the project. Either way, this does not bode well for the success of the project and its corresponding token.

well said and it is really true. However, scammers now are good and they could create a good project and even a good team that pictures were being copied and paste somewhere in the google and had given some name that you will going tp believe. Some of them are using social media to copied personal data and put it as part of the team. You see scammers are really good.
paveel90

Activity: 255

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 10:23:06 AM

At the moment, they are quite small. But to distinguish them in the future,remember the standard samples of fraudulent sites and check the founders of projects on linkedin and Facebook.
dmcx

Activity: 348

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 10:28:41 AM

Find yourself some aggregator that will evaluate projects and give your recommendations and listen to them. This is the easiest way not to stumble upon scams on the net.

This is a great way in the most realistic ways to find a scam in the ICO, in my way you can advise a few investors to go ahead or post it here for comments. Other investors, you can do that  Grin

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
kincit88

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 10:29:28 AM

Thank so much
ICOS investment isnt good at this situation, i will recommend you to invest in stable coins like ethereum or XRP.. How to know a scam icos is simple just do your research (everything about the icos you wanna invest, (TEAM, allocations or ETC). If  you find something weird, just go away from that icos investment.
r_delossa

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 10:30:22 AM

I think the best strategy at the moment is to buy coins after the first listing, because in 99 percent of cases, new tokens are losing a lot by the first listing. So just find a great token and wait until they got listed.
Tiger 8.8mm

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 08:51:07 AM

The most important fact for me it is  a section of the white paper that introduces the team members. A lot of project teams will put team bios on the web site, but for some reason fail to include them in the white paper. This makes no sense to me: white papers are frequently passed around from prospective investor to prospective investor as a de facto offering memorandum. Investors are too busy to hunt down web sites and verify project team members’ identities.  So, I recommend everybody ask himself before investing: does the white paper include team bios?
raptorez

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 08:53:28 AM

There have been a lot of talk on this subject, but in the end, of course, there are real ways of checking that you can write on a large sheet, but even these checking algorithms cannot lead you to a 100% guarantee.
oxoxoxox

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 08:53:50 AM

I think the main way to identify a real ICO is through language communication, such as joining a telegraph group or trying to contact the project team in other ways, and getting more knowledge about the project by asking.

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
karthcrypt

Activity: 266

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 09:03:15 AM

Scam ICO can be spotted right from the whitepaper to the developers supporting and team behind.  If an ICO is proposing an idea that may not be needed and want money to start a product or service from ground up,  such ICO may be risky.  Projections and plan does not always turn to success.

Mikell556

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 11:11:59 AM

To determine the ICO scam you need to look at his team. Try to search for information on its members in social networks and other sources. If you haven’t found anything or social network accounts have been created recently, then they are most likely scummers.
qomariah95

Activity: 1190
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 12:08:59 PM

What I know to know about ICO scam is to look at the whole project. Like a team, vision, mission, and other things. In my opinion, it was very influential on the project. If the project information is unclear, it must be suspected that ICO is a scam. Because before we invest in ICO, of course, we must analyze before investing.

chenhaonan

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 12:16:58 PM

Try to check their team members. Many ICO teams are fake teams. They go online to steal other pictures, and then put these people's photos on their websites. There are already many themes on BTT that expose these Scams.

tom14cat14

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 12:41:03 PM

You should study carefully the project you want to invest. And don't hurry. Do your homework, find information about the team, about the platform they use.
harrypotpot
Copper Member

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 01:24:19 PM

Thank so much

Well, buying coin on exchange is another topic, you should just focus if you are an investor, support an initial coin offering and if you are a good trader if you think, do some trading on exchange. Both are profitable just choose one which you think you will going to earn more.

conected

Activity: 1302
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 01:40:30 PM

What I know to know about ICO scam is to look at the whole project. Like a team, vision, mission, and other things. In my opinion, it was very influential on the project. If the project information is unclear, it must be suspected that ICO is a scam. Because before we invest in ICO, of course, we must analyze before investing.
- Indeed, information and plans of the development team from the project should be really clear and transparent, if they do not provide enough information that we want, we should doubt their reliability. And even if they have provided enough information, we still need to remain vigilant and look for news related to them, starting from forums then to social networking sites, this is where people contribute a lot of information to ico they join, through them, perhaps we will easily recognize the ICO we participate in is a scam or a good and potential project

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
jemarie20

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 03:21:26 PM

Avoid joining bounties with a gorgeous team member because mostly they use another identity to attract more investors to earn money so we need to go away in that kinds of project.

fiomcorka

Activity: 496
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 06:20:16 AM

Thank so much
Any ico that has something to hide is a scam. A genuine ico wouldn’t be hiding anything from the participants. And like majority of the people here said, you should pore over the whitepaper, that is one way to tell if an ico is just scam. But know that only whitepaper can’t tell if an ico is scam or not, so you also need to consider other things as well.
sjbi

Activity: 770
Merit: 14

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 06:33:31 AM

It is really hard time to know what is genuine project and what is a scam. But we can sense a scam from peer or by involving in bitcoin forum or telegram where people say about it. But it is better off to do some research before going for a new project. I think it is better to invest in the secondary market instead of buying ICOs.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: