Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 09:00:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to known a Scam ICO  (Read 30746 times)
maaldaz

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 06:37:58 AM

Perhaps this already being said by the others, we can't really know that a project is a scam project until the project ended or at the middle of the project when it already compromised that the project is just a scam project.

Muzika

Activity: 980
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 06:52:21 AM

Perhaps this already being said by the others, we can't really know that a project is a scam project until the project ended or at the middle of the project when it already compromised that the project is just a scam project.

We can also see if the project is a scam if we can see it is obvious. You can also see moderation if it is very dead and they dont hire someone to do good moderation of the project because by that you can see that they are not serious regarding the project.
SabrinaBianka

Activity: 633
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 06:54:54 AM

Please tell me how to known a scam ICO to protect myself
BTW now i should buy ICO coin or buy coin on exchange?
Thank so much
Since you've joined here, Better to check all the details the project and also their background checking of the members of the team. Search them on the google find another way to known if they're all legit team members. Because now many projects with a lot of fake teams so be careful and aware to every convincing and encouraging projects that can attracts you.
killat

Activity: 742
Merit: 21

Be the reason someone smiles today

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2019, 07:12:06 AM

Here you have some key points for a scam ICO:
- ANNONYMOUS TEAM. (Stay away from these projects)
- no/weak social media activity
- milestones out of date
- unrealistic soft/hard capital.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
raptorez

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 01:57:17 PM

I think the main way to identify a real ICO is through language communication, such as joining a telegraph group or trying to contact the project team in other ways, and getting more knowledge about the project by asking.
After a year of analysis, the scammers are very well prepared and today these people will be able to answer all your questions very skillfully, because to a greater extent they are all very standard.
Tiger 8.8mm

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 04:10:00 AM

A couple of heuristics to spot scams easily:

The team page is completely absent or incredibly sparse
The advisors page has people who have publicly declared they are not part of the ICO
The terms or the token sale are unclear or overly favorable to founders and insiders (>30% in aggregate is suspicious)
The project is offering guaranteed daily returns
White paper is lifted from other sources
bagikoin

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2019, 04:29:07 AM

know of a scam for sure ICO is not easy. many have found out this after half-way or even the end of ICO. fishy things might be found by doing the research. see the wallet on investment is it true fit, look at the team and the concept of the ICO has also become a way to prevent a scam though not certain that certainly is.

_▄▄▄▄
▄██████
▀"▀██████
     `█████
_▄▄▄▄.  Y████
,███████▄. Y█████
,███P'   `██p`█████
,d███'          `██████
o███P _▄▄██▄▄_    `██████
,████',d████████L    Y██████
d███P,████████████b    Y███████
d█████d██████████████    ]████████
d█████████P'd████████P    d█████████
,██████████'  Y█████████ooo██████[Y████
d██████████'    Y████████████████P  Y████
, ██████████[        ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀    d████
 ███████████.         __        ____▄▄███████
█████████████L_       `"██████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                     
██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
  ████████████████████████████████████████████ 
     ██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ESSENCE OF A PROJECT
ECOSTARTEcoStart will be a reliable platform for creating
applications for financing green projects,
ecology and sharing the economy.
Instant and transparent
financing of environmental
projects.

WHITEPAPER
ONEPAGER

[....
JOIN
....]
WE CREATE
A CRYPTOCURRENCY
FOR OUR PLANET
perla

Activity: 1932
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 04:43:26 AM

know of a scam for sure ICO is not easy. many have found out this after half-way or even the end of ICO. fishy things might be found by doing the research. see the wallet on investment is it true fit, look at the team and the concept of the ICO has also become a way to prevent a scam though not certain that certainly is.
What make it worst is project scam when listed on market. We can't said it scam because it already success in ICO, but not really focus on their project after they  get a lot of money. But for me it still considered as scam.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
robaya

Activity: 348

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 04:46:49 AM

What make it worst is project scam when listed on market. We can't said it scam because it already success in ICO, but not really focus on their project after they  get a lot of money. But for me it still considered as scam.
there are not many scam project that we can know when selling their ico. there are some who manipulate their sales so that many investors are also interested in investing. after the sale is complete, many of them run away with the money they get. it makes a big loss, where project scams are not very visible if they are a scam.
Sephire

Activity: 700
Merit: 136

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 04:49:57 AM

A scam project will have no listed team and maybe copied website and whitepaper from some existing project and so on. Plenty of smart members here on BT are good at sniffing scams out.
akungagal

Activity: 700

send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 05:04:20 AM

i think you are right,
it's very difficult to detect a scam project. many investors are trapped with this and experience heavy losses even though they have researched the project correctly.

i hope there will be no more scam projects this year.

thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 05:13:59 AM

known a scam ICO might be very hard sometime especially now that many of them are alway well plan e.g Elisia. However, some informations on the whitepaper might give you idea of the level of trust you can find in any ICO. As an investor, the first thing to do is to check the whitepaper for plagiarism. Most ICO that are scam always involves in playgiarism. Secondly background informations of the team member is also important. many of them use fake image and sometime photoshop images they download whitepaper. lastly go through the legal agreement on whitepaper. No ICO will promise you that you will make profit from your investment. If an ICO is making this bold statement of you profiting for investment, please run away from such ICO
iqrasalsabila

Activity: 532
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 02:37:25 AM

Many characteristics of the ico scam, in general can be seen from:
1. The Developer or ICO Startup Company is anonymous, unknown and does not have a good reputation.
2. The aim of ico is not realistic and does not have a clear picture
3. Ico does not have Escrow for the contribution of crypto tokens.
4. Lack of transparency to investors about the stages of project work, the release of minimal code snippets or issuing demo versions (beta) of their products.

kiwoh123

Activity: 309

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 02:52:01 AM

pay attention to the team, a great team will have a good project, too many stupid teams in the crypto world who make bad projects. The scam project will be visible from the activities of their team on the telegram and the scam project will never take any roadshows or interviews.
Krismanto

Activity: 574

HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 03:27:36 AM

Some fraudulent projects are very difficult to know. Like what happened to the ETCV project that everything seemed to be going well but finally it was discovered that the project was a scam. And to check we must be careful and look from the Website. And their ICO team must be transparent about all their activities.

Otsu

Activity: 546

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 03:52:23 AM

I guess, we need more time and deep research in knowing a scam ICO because there are some developer team that are very creative in giving informations regarding the concepts of the project. We also need to check the backgrounds of the team and understand well the usage of their tokens.
Ronaldcoin2017

Activity: 1148
Merit: 300

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 04:33:49 AM

Investing in ico is the most common wats to earn in crypto world. But the worst thing is there are so many ICO today that is scam and we can really lose on it if we invest on this scam ICO, the most common wats to know wether the ICO is scam it not is, the team profile has no pict or unknown, and next is the project it self sometimes project that is no finish product or maybe project that has no clear  function. I suggest to invest in ICO that has a good background team and feedback with the ico community.
DainSLane

Activity: 784
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 05:23:27 AM

It so hard to predict how to know the scam ICOs because it looks like true ICOs but what should i do if this ICOs are scam is i really look at their website, whitepaper, roadmap, social medias and the team behind this project is not a ghost.
Smon

Activity: 271

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 05:49:05 AM

A scam project will have no listed team and maybe copied website and whitepaper from some existing project and so on. Plenty of smart members here on BT are good at sniffing scams out.

That can be very much used and makes those who create them become more cautious with this problem, don't use a way to identify them because you will be deceived one way in the future. Please work harder, the selection and improvement from ICO in the future will probably take care of this for us  Grin

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
casternetwork

Activity: 294

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 05:52:46 AM

Please tell me how to known a scam ICO to protect myself
BTW now i should buy ICO coin or buy coin on exchange?
Thank so much

Most people analyze and select before choosing and using, but in my opinion this 2019 will probably take precautions to prevent such frauds from happening in the future. So I don't care much about it, in my money-making  Roll Eyes

Am I spamming? Report me!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: