Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:05:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty Rewards: Sell immediately or HODL?  (Read 7097 times)
Bastime

Activity: 519
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:08:12 PM

Selling Bounty rewards right after you received is the worst idea because in my own experience, all of my Crypto Assets were growing and the value that I got them are lower than today.
Thanks to my full-time job that my salary is more than enough to support and feed my family so I could hold my Crypto Assets long-term and for my future goals.
I'm going to build my own house, buy a new car and invest into some local businesses in order to have more sources of income.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bastime

Activity: 519

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:10:39 PM

I think it’s depends on owner, what he/she wants! Also have to about market in his/her thinking at the same time. Anyone can choose anything, what they want!

And also it depends on the holders, skill because in my case I am not yet ready to become a Day Trader because I still have no experience in it so now what I can do is just hold as long as I could because I'm a long term holder that all my Crypto Assets are for my future goals. I have so many plans in life and thanks to Cryptocurrency and this forum that I could reach my dreams and my goals in a simple way.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

cryptopuma

Activity: 202
Merit: 10

SIMPLE SHOPPING AND SAFE PAY

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:12:54 PM

It depends to the bounty hunter's need but personally i will HOLD my tokens until has some good value in the market.Because these tokens were given free of charge which means only our time would be at risk,no money got involved aquiring these tokens so we wont lose anything.Holding for a couple of months will maximize your bounties for sure because the developers has some roadmap to follow you need to check it so you will know when will be the best time to sell these tokens.

riskarcher

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:13:13 PM

When I first got the coin from airdrop I always sold it like PosToken (POS) and other airdrop coin. I had previously speculated that my coin would not rise. but after a few months I realized that the coins I've sold have gone up like Rivetz, Oyster, and Investfeed by the end of 2017. So right now I'm making the decision to save my coin up to the roadmap on the project I'm going through

Daniel9140

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:20:18 PM

My modest advice is to sell half and hold half of the coin. That's it
rachman mahesa

Activity: 966
Merit: 111

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:21:45 PM

To sell or hold it back to each person. How the person responded to a gift from bounty. If I personally do sometimes sell and sometimes hold also for more profit.
albos

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:31:29 PM

I would hold the tokens only if I believe the project have great potentials and a real product to offer the real world not just ideas and speculations . I try to join as much bounties as possible that seem decent ,but with the aim of selling as soon as they hit an exchange because mostly the price falls after the ICO even with the good projects
disam

Activity: 394

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:27:55 PM

I've been doing bounty campaigns only since December 2017.  Not long, in the scheme of things.  But one thing that truly surprised me during the last couple of months is the number of bounty hunters who look to sell their tokens ASAP.  At first, I didn't understand why, but I think I'm beginning to.

For me, I'm doing these bounty campaigns for a bit of fun and to give my mind a bit work to do, creatively speaking.  So my mindset for any bounty tokens is just to HODL and allow the devs to implement their roadmap and take the project through to completion.  I think this will give the best realisation of value on the tokens.  Sure, some may fail and they will likely end up worthless, but since I only invested time, not money, into receiving them, I'm not really worried.

So with that mindset, I struggled to understand why so many people were eager to offload their bounties at the earliest opportunity.

But over the weekend, I sat down and did some calculations on the accumulated bounty rewards I'm expecting to receive.  Each bounty by itself was a modest return, but when combined in totality, it was a sizeable amount.  And that's when it struck me...

Lots of people who live in less fortunate parts of the world, particularly in areas with high unemployment, probably NEED to sell their bounty rewards to put food on the table and pay their bills.

But I really don't know if my assumptions are correct.  So, my question to you is...

Do you sell your Bounty Rewards straight away or HODL?  Any insight into your reasons would be appreciated.

## If this post has been thought provoking for you, I'd really appreciate a bit of Merit in return ##

well i have done bounty campaigns for far more than 2-3 months, and in my opinion there are just two ways how to do it. Or you sell your bounty tokens the moment they are listed on some exchange, or you hodl them for a couple of months to catch the first wave of price rise after the period of price stabilisation. Nowdays I just hodl them for a longer period.
Yana_1

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:28:32 PM

Usually, they sell immediately at the first opportunity only those tokens, which have absolutely no chance of growth. It's like a race - the first one to sell at a higher price. But looking at the last few months - even the most unpromising tokens have made x2. So it's better to hold the coins anyway.
virtued

Activity: 165
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:46:30 PM

I recommend selling half or 25% and HODLing the rest.

Virtued
snewvine

Activity: 201
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:50:39 PM

thats a great question.
this also puzzles me. if you know a coin/token will go big I dont get why they sell.
I cant believe getting .06 cents on a bounty coin is anything that would be considered major profit.

I have bounty and try to do bounty whenever I can. HODL

══════‎ஐ═ ஐOUTOFTHECLOUD.COM GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE CLOUDஐ═ ஐ══════
═══════╣PRESALE starts on August 10 ║ ICO starts on September 10╠═══════
══════‎ஐ═‎ஐFACEBOOK  TWITTER  GITHUB  TELEGRAM  YOUTUBE  MEDIUMஐ═ஐ══════
MaiQwaN

Activity: 1036

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:54:47 PM

Crypto-currencies today are so unpredictable that you do not even know which tactics to use more correctly. But in many cases, holding coins is less risky.
otandelapaz

Activity: 518
Merit: 115

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:03:58 PM

Probably one of the reason is they avoiding the "dump". Most investors buy tokens not because they will use that token (as a utility) for that project. Rather, they buy tokens as investment. They'll wait for the price to up then they will sell it.
Hunters will avoid this and will try to to sell their rewards as early as possible, thus adding to the dump.
Tremt200

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:11:43 PM

I've been doing bounty campaigns only since December 2017.  Not long, in the scheme of things.  But one thing that truly surprised me during the last couple of months is the number of bounty hunters who look to sell their tokens ASAP.  At first, I didn't understand why, but I think I'm beginning to.

For me, I'm doing these bounty campaigns for a bit of fun and to give my mind a bit work to do, creatively speaking.  So my mindset for any bounty tokens is just to HODL and allow the devs to implement their roadmap and take the project through to completion.  I think this will give the best realisation of value on the tokens.  Sure, some may fail and they will likely end up worthless, but since I only invested time, not money, into receiving them, I'm not really worried.

So with that mindset, I struggled to understand why so many people were eager to offload their bounties at the earliest opportunity.

But over the weekend, I sat down and did some calculations on the accumulated bounty rewards I'm expecting to receive.  Each bounty by itself was a modest return, but when combined in totality, it was a sizeable amount.  And that's when it struck me...

Lots of people who live in less fortunate parts of the world, particularly in areas with high unemployment, probably NEED to sell their bounty rewards to put food on the table and pay their bills.

But I really don't know if my assumptions are correct.  So, my question to you is...

Do you sell your Bounty Rewards straight away or HODL?  Any insight into your reasons would be appreciated.

## If this post has been thought provoking for you, I'd really appreciate a bit of Merit in return ##
For me the technology of the block chain is of great value, I see in it the future! Profit is always good, but as practice shows, always patient always win. Therefore, I do not hurry to sell awards, as for me it is necessary to competently evaluate the prospects of a particular project and decide on the terms of holding the tokens.
mickeybuddy27

Activity: 429
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:12:43 PM

I prefer to hold because this allown me to make an investment. However, I agree in a few cases I should at least have sold at ATH, after some pumps.
If you think that the price is high and already give profit,  better to sell some tokens and hold other because there is more investor that sell same token at the same time which cause the market for little dumps which makes them panic to hold. Hodling tokens is more preferrable because it will pump on the market when it get high demand.

jouns

Activity: 812
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:29:22 PM

I've been involved in bounty campaigns since August 2017 and only six months later I realized that sell tokens immediately after ICO it's a bad idea.
Hipag

Activity: 106

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:04:20 PM

It's maybe a bad idea to sell it immediately but if you need money and you do not have a source of income so what will you do, in the other hand you loose nothing because you earn that money in  bounty rewards.
johnyespapa

Activity: 257

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:12:16 PM

You might be right most of the bounty hunters are selling their tokens as soon it was distrubted to an exchange so they can liquidate these bounties right away.People has different reasons why they are doing this,they might need some cash or maybe that is their strategy they will sell all of their tokens and then buy it back from the massive dumpage after the token were sold by most of the investors and bounty hunters.

Klovezio

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:15:00 PM

I've been involved in bounty campaigns since August 2017 and only six months later I realized that sell tokens immediately after ICO it's a bad idea.
A curious thought, what do you have statistics on them? As I noticed, often immediately after the release of tokens fall strongly, and after a few months begin to grow again. Why would that happen?
Can you give examples of projects that grew after the fall?
BogdanTI

Activity: 71

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 04:46:37 PM

My first investement in bounty happens right now and i'm planning to hodl that token. This ICO can be more usefull if u hodl because is a share (BPS) of a new exchange that will come from 5th of March - bitpaction.com .
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: