Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:19:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty Rewards: Sell immediately or HODL?  (Read 7097 times)
kayvie

Activity: 1022
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:18:54 PM

I've been doing bounty campaigns only since December 2017.  Not long, in the scheme of things.  But one thing that truly surprised me during the last couple of months is the number of bounty hunters who look to sell their tokens ASAP.  At first, I didn't understand why, but I think I'm beginning to.

For me, I'm doing these bounty campaigns for a bit of fun and to give my mind a bit work to do, creatively speaking.  So my mindset for any bounty tokens is just to HODL and allow the devs to implement their roadmap and take the project through to completion.  I think this will give the best realisation of value on the tokens.  Sure, some may fail and they will likely end up worthless, but since I only invested time, not money, into receiving them, I'm not really worried.

So with that mindset, I struggled to understand why so many people were eager to offload their bounties at the earliest opportunity.

But over the weekend, I sat down and did some calculations on the accumulated bounty rewards I'm expecting to receive.  Each bounty by itself was a modest return, but when combined in totality, it was a sizeable amount.  And that's when it struck me...

Lots of people who live in less fortunate parts of the world, particularly in areas with high unemployment, probably NEED to sell their bounty rewards to put food on the table and pay their bills.

But I really don't know if my assumptions are correct.  So, my question to you is...

Do you sell your Bounty Rewards straight away or HODL?  Any insight into your reasons would be appreciated.

## If this post has been thought provoking for you, I'd really appreciate a bit of Merit in return ##
its only natural for some bounty hunters to sell their token immediately, because some bounty hunters here are using this forum as source of income, that's why they sell it when it was launch in the market.
but some bounty hunters are holding it and wait for it to boom in the market.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dukemc

Activity: 431
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:20:55 PM

You should hold your bounty tokens - cause first is etherdelta for erc20 tokens and a bounty dump after release.. they are more worth in few months after the ico when they meet there roadmap.
Leocrypto da Vinci

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

OMNITY Knowledge, connected

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:25:50 PM

There are lot of people here that are waiting some tokens just to pay the home bills.
This is understandable, but if you sell, you lose the best part: the possibility to profit from a possible explosion of the currency you earned.
Of course, this is more about luck than ability, but if you sell your tokens and then they'll rise you'll regret very much.

https://OMNITY.io/ico
               Knowledge, connected.               
Unifying Knowledge For Faster Insight.
Maren

Activity: 304
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:25:59 PM

You should hold your bounty tokens - cause first is etherdelta for erc20 tokens and a bounty dump after release.. they are more worth in few months after the ico when they meet there roadmap.

For speculators it's best to dump as soon as possible and then pick it up when the price stabilizes after initial dump. For people who couldn't care less, which there isn't a lot in bounty hunting community, as most depend on these bounties to pay the bills, you just hodl coin that have a use in this world until the end, bitter or sweet.

maereglapo

Activity: 181
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:58:37 PM

If you are confident with the project that it can grow potentially to the fullest in the future,the best thing to do is to hold until the develoepers has fully developed the coins,which may take a couple of months or even a year so then the price of your tokens would be huge x100 or more would be possible so i suggest every bounty hunters to hold these bounties for longer.
myortvyje

Activity: 224
Merit: 52

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:08:26 PM

It depends in the project of your bounty campaign you joined. If it seems like the project is trash and just like some other campaigns then the future of that project is cloudy and might be a scam in the future. but if the project is unique and the team is trustworthy then it has a high chance of success in the future.
AlNu

Activity: 728
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:17:57 PM

I do so, of course, depending on the project, 80 % sell and change them immediately on the eth or other coins in my portfolio, and leave 20% on the hold. If the project is promising and ICO has passed quickly and not all tokens for example, then of course I have.
ac2eugenio

Activity: 275
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:26:28 PM

Holding would be the best thing to do when your bounty campaigns has some potential to grow in the near future,but if you arent a good holder you can dump it whenever you want but keeping it for a little longer will maximize its potential value,just wait for a minimum 3-4months on every token you will receive and im sure that you will have a lot of profits in the future.
Akitot

Activity: 109
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:28:59 PM

People sell their token and coins to avoid further losses, of course, that is there decision to make, but It's better to hold it yet, since their price will increase soon,  just keep or buy more tokens if you can.
maxamus

Activity: 833
Merit: 267

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:50:28 PM

People sell their token and coins to avoid further losses, of course, that is there decision to make, but It's better to hold it yet, since their price will increase soon,  just keep or buy more tokens if you can.

I would suggest the other way around as the value of token is high once it is released into the market but then it drops down because most of ICO members will sell it then we have to wait for a long time for the value to back to a decent level.

Am I spamming? Report me!
cryptobobo

Activity: 210

The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:54:11 PM

You should for longer because these new bounty tokens has a lot of potentials especially when these tokens are listed in some exchanges,the price would surely skyrocket holding these for months would be the best thing to do as they will grow slowly from time to time.But if you arent a patient person,you can dump it but its your choice you would lose a lot of opportunity.

Skroojee

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:59:33 PM

Personally, I do not think it's worth selling your received bounty award company right away. In my opinion, it is worth waiting at least half a year. But for some people who need money there is no other way but to sell immediately.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
cryptamod

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:08:48 PM

For the past 6months of my bounty hunting experience,holding would maximize your profits because most of the tokens needs a lot of time to grow or to be atleast listed in some exchanges,an ideal time frame would be 3-6months or more so the price of the coin would be massive and you will be suprised and happy because you hold that long.

TWITTER ◣                                ☆ FLUX ☆                             ◢ WHITEPAPER  ◤   17 - 24
       WEBSITE ◣                    GAMING ECOSYSTEM                     ◢ MEDIUM                 April     
           TELEGRAM ◣     VALVE ✧ UBISOFT ✧ Origin ✧ GAMELOFT    ◢ FACEBOOK        Public Sale ◢   
elloco4ever

Activity: 623
Merit: 262

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:12:05 PM

Personally, I do not think it's worth selling your received bounty award company right away. In my opinion, it is worth waiting at least half a year. But for some people who need money there is no other way but to sell immediately.

It's the other way around either you sell it immediately and then wait for a dump in value which happens with all the token within couple of weeks from its release date and then buy back when the value is less and hold it for a year or so to gain more profit.

Am I spamming? Report me!
herromerro

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:20:11 PM

I try to be careful when I choose the bounty campaign.
That means I believe the tokens I get from the bounties have potential to grow. Sometimes it works sometimes not just list investments.
jbautistangina

Activity: 258
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:20:49 PM

Bounties came from these ICOs,so we dont have anything to lose and holding thse tokens will surely maximize your potential profits,so i suggest HOLD it for more months so you can see the difference,coins wont grow in a single night they needs sometime to grow,its like you are planting seeds it needs to mature first so you can farm them lately.

chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 07:20:59 PM

I've been doing bounty campaigns only since December 2017.  Not long, in the scheme of things.  But one thing that truly surprised me during the last couple of months is the number of bounty hunters who look to sell their tokens ASAP.  At first, I didn't understand why, but I think I'm beginning to.

For me, I'm doing these bounty campaigns for a bit of fun and to give my mind a bit work to do, creatively speaking.  So my mindset for any bounty tokens is just to HODL and allow the devs to implement their roadmap and take the project through to completion.  I think this will give the best realisation of value on the tokens.  Sure, some may fail and they will likely end up worthless, but since I only invested time, not money, into receiving them, I'm not really worried.

So with that mindset, I struggled to understand why so many people were eager to offload their bounties at the earliest opportunity.

But over the weekend, I sat down and did some calculations on the accumulated bounty rewards I'm expecting to receive.  Each bounty by itself was a modest return, but when combined in totality, it was a sizeable amount.  And that's when it struck me...

Lots of people who live in less fortunate parts of the world, particularly in areas with high unemployment, probably NEED to sell their bounty rewards to put food on the table and pay their bills.

But I really don't know if my assumptions are correct.  So, my question to you is...

Do you sell your Bounty Rewards straight away or HODL?  Any insight into your reasons would be appreciated.

## If this post has been thought provoking for you, I'd really appreciate a bit of Merit in return ##

Honestly, I think you are thinking too much about it.
The simple answer is:

People are impatient and greedy.

That is the major change in the crypto market.
It's good because it has caused the market to grow and balloon.
But it's also bad because it's causing so much volatility.

For bounty hunters, I think they are shortchanging themselves by selling quickly.
When you calculate how many hours you put inot the bounty campaign vs. how much you get in return by selling quickly, it is important to compare that to a normal full time salary.

Is it worth it to dump it?

Also, the crypto market is still in its infancy despite this current "recession".  The value of the coins you hold will grow over 2018, just hold em.

xiaohang07

Activity: 392
Merit: 253

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:21:30 PM

It definitely depends on the projects. For example, if you joined the bounty campaign of ETHlend, you probably should hold your token since ETHlend is a solid project with working product. On the other hand, if you took part in the bounty campaign of vDice, you should sell it right away.

Akash1243

Activity: 392
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:21:58 PM

IMO most of the bounty reward tokens has no much of a demand in the market therefore chances of rising is very low.And also many people wait when their tokens would come in exchanges and as soon as it comes they sells them making price of tokens lower so sell them before they lost their value.But this depends upon the tokens if you think that this ICO has some potential then hold them as you can regret later but most of the projects are either scam or made only to make money.
greydking

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:24:30 PM

Just start holding your bounties and dont do like what others do because most of people here immediately sells it. Keep holding it and wait for the right time for you to earn big profit.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: