Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:00:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty Rewards: Sell immediately or HODL?  (Read 7097 times)
MartiniBlanco

Activity: 647
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:05:05 PM

It belongs to the project that you are holding. If you think you coin is a great long term invest it is worth to hold your bounty. The most people are dumping their bounty right after the distribution and I think that the wrong way to dump with all bounty hunters because they are just here for the quick bucks.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jekyde

Activity: 252
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:07:35 PM

It depends in the project of your bounty campaign you joined. If it seems like the project is trash and just like some other campaigns then the future of that project is cloudy and might be a scam in the future. but if the project is unique and the team is trustworthy then it has a high chance of success in the future.
kaito.

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:09:55 PM

well mostly ico start without a product and just an idea, so people tend to sell the reward they got from bounty right away, they didn't see the future about the project at all.
as for me i like to hold the token i got from bounty. since ICO was meant to invest not just pump and dump.
so the same for reward we got from bounty we should HOLD, let the team do the job like the roadmap they make and wait for a happy ending.
ledigi

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:12:15 PM

Usualy when its listed pride spikes so its best to sell and buy back a couple od day later significantly cheaper
SimplyEverything

Activity: 126
Merit: 16

Escrow

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 04:12:31 PM

I've been doing bounty campaigns only since December 2017.  Not long, in the scheme of things.  But one thing that truly surprised me during the last couple of months is the number of bounty hunters who look to sell their tokens ASAP.  At first, I didn't understand why, but I think I'm beginning to.

For me, I'm doing these bounty campaigns for a bit of fun and to give my mind a bit work to do, creatively speaking.  So my mindset for any bounty tokens is just to HODL and allow the devs to implement their roadmap and take the project through to completion.  I think this will give the best realisation of value on the tokens.  Sure, some may fail and they will likely end up worthless, but since I only invested time, not money, into receiving them, I'm not really worried.

So with that mindset, I struggled to understand why so many people were eager to offload their bounties at the earliest opportunity.

But over the weekend, I sat down and did some calculations on the accumulated bounty rewards I'm expecting to receive.  Each bounty by itself was a modest return, but when combined in totality, it was a sizeable amount.  And that's when it struck me...

Lots of people who live in less fortunate parts of the world, particularly in areas with high unemployment, probably NEED to sell their bounty rewards to put food on the table and pay their bills.

But I really don't know if my assumptions are correct.  So, my question to you is...

Do you sell your Bounty Rewards straight away or HODL?  Any insight into your reasons would be appreciated.

## If this post has been thought provoking for you, I'd really appreciate a bit of Merit in return ##
I  will HODL for sure I love collecting coins, if it spike up to $10 then I'm in luck or spike even more. But you still gotta research on it before selling it or doing bounty.

-Peace-
Tidsdilatation

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 04:14:25 PM

i hate collecting ER20 tokens, my eth adress is so fckin packed with them its a big mess. I normally sell 100% almost instantly (before everyone else has a chance to sell) or wait a couple of days/weeks for the price to become stable again after all the bounty hunters have sold.
george888055

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:14:37 PM

The real question - is there a future for this project? If yes, then hold, and buy more tokens during ico. But now - there are too many coins and I'm not sure that keeping every coin would give you profit.
alexey8080

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:14:04 PM

I always keep at least half of my tokens.
I participate in such projects, in which I see a perspective.
And if i participate in Bounty, i also try to buy coins on ICO.
FaucetKING

Activity: 1246
Merit: 306

C U

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:42:44 PM

It depends on the project, if the coins gets over valued you might sell them and keep fiat or another stable coins until price gets down then rebuy your tokens and i am sure you will get a good profit in a little period of waiting.
Otherwise, if you had food and your bills are paid. You can Hodl, hodling is always the best solution if the project is powerful and solid.
MidnightWolf

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:56:20 PM

It depends on the project, if the coins gets over valued you might sell them and keep fiat or another stable coins until price gets down then rebuy your tokens and i am sure you will get a good profit in a little period of waiting.
Otherwise, if you had food and your bills are paid. You can Hodl, hodling is always the best solution if the project is powerful and solid.
of course a more reasonable way of investing is when you have money and you can afford everything for every day. This is not to give the last finance from the family budget to invest in Bitcoin. Because the investment in Bitcoin is always risky.
bayudndy

Activity: 823
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:20:01 PM

I prefer to hold coin, but in my situation i want to buy some food, my lifestyle so i sell it. From my exprience i'll not sell my coin.
sister1001

Activity: 237
Merit: 43

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:22:18 PM

There is a bit of play between the FOMO and the FOLI (my own term for "fear of loosing in"). If you feel really bad with FOMO just keep some coins. Anyway, it is unlikely that any of these bounty coins are going to make you rich,
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 07:28:41 PM

My personal opinion depends on what token or coin you get.
if you think the token will be bigger better save it. but if you think this coin will only be briefly and will be lost by similar kind of start up you better sell it.
and also if you need better money just sell the token.
mandibleclaw

Activity: 532
Merit: 50

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:33:03 PM

I've been doing bounty campaigns only since December 2017.  Not long, in the scheme of things.  But one thing that truly surprised me during the last couple of months is the number of bounty hunters who look to sell their tokens ASAP.  At first, I didn't understand why, but I think I'm beginning to.

For me, I'm doing these bounty campaigns for a bit of fun and to give my mind a bit work to do, creatively speaking.  So my mindset for any bounty tokens is just to HODL and allow the devs to implement their roadmap and take the project through to completion.  I think this will give the best realisation of value on the tokens.  Sure, some may fail and they will likely end up worthless, but since I only invested time, not money, into receiving them, I'm not really worried.

So with that mindset, I struggled to understand why so many people were eager to offload their bounties at the earliest opportunity.

But over the weekend, I sat down and did some calculations on the accumulated bounty rewards I'm expecting to receive.  Each bounty by itself was a modest return, but when combined in totality, it was a sizeable amount.  And that's when it struck me...

Lots of people who live in less fortunate parts of the world, particularly in areas with high unemployment, probably NEED to sell their bounty rewards to put food on the table and pay their bills.

But I really don't know if my assumptions are correct.  So, my question to you is...

Do you sell your Bounty Rewards straight away or HODL?  Any insight into your reasons would be appreciated.

## If this post has been thought provoking for you, I'd really appreciate a bit of Merit in return ##

When I choose a signature campaign it means that I haven't spare eth to join those ICOs, this means that every signature campaigns I'll join will be a HODL

rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:37:14 PM

This is an easy one for me. I will let the project grow first and reap the rewards for holding. Nevermind what others will do with their bounty rewards, its theirs. It's not 100% but holding is still the better option.
Spencer.R

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:18:44 AM

the more tokens you have, the greater the probability you have of one making it big. Thats the way I view it. Also like to get involved with an ICO for it's tokens when I believe in it so what would be the reason to sell?
JennetCK

Activity: 305
Merit: 100

[PROFISH.IO]

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:30:23 AM

I suggest you hold the rewards for the mean time. Take a look. When the bounty reward was distributed, the price of the coin goes down in the market. When that happened, you should hold your coins and wait for it to increase.

Pro Fish 
The ProFish online marketplace & tournaments
Twitter ⋄❖⋄ Telegram ⋄❖⋄ Facebook ⋄❖⋄ Instagram

jasonmattson

Activity: 154
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:32:28 AM

Sell the token or hold it depends on individual to individual .I think we should hold our tokens. reward from my signature always hold and I will sell it if the product of his project is launching and running.
jundel

Activity: 314
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:37:26 AM

Whatever decision you may come up with you are still in win2x situation for you have already rewarded the money if you sold it already or to give the chance to increase its value in the market. either ways it will come at money either you sold it for fixed amount or hodle for fluctuating or might be lower price. the fixed amount or potential price are the option.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
MAINCOIN MONEY DIGITAL COIN NEW GENERATIONWHITEPAPER[ANN][ICO]MAINCOINTELEGRAMDIGITAL COIN
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
99th

Activity: 196
Merit: 22

Las Vegas

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:49:45 AM

Actually learned a ton about this over the last 2 months from personal experience. I can tell you that the best thing to do without getting very technical is to SELL. The market usually corrects itself after an ICO and the bounty participants dump as well as the whales for a quick profit. You can easily rebuy at this point and get them at a bigger discount from the ICO price if you really want to invest in the project. By selling right away you avoid the correction and then can use your eth to buy back in when the tokens crash. Trust me, this is definitely the way to do it and save a ton of money and effort.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: