Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 05:09:01 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty Rewards: Sell immediately or HODL?  (Read 7102 times)
SamboNZ

Activity: 1064
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:12:55 AM

In my situation I usually hold it before selling it. I wait mine to grow then i'll sell it. After selling it i'm going to invest in a good coin because it's better to hold a good and stable alts rather than we receive in bounties.
Karmakid

Activity: 742
Merit: 397

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:14:58 AM

I think it depends on you if you think that the bounty reward or the token have a great future then why would you even sell it immediately,
But if you think that it would be just another Shit coin in the future then you better set a price and a date when would you sell it.
Quesdana

Activity: 212
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:20:36 AM

I've been doing bounty campaigns only since December 2017.  Not long, in the scheme of things.  But one thing that truly surprised me during the last couple of months is the number of bounty hunters who look to sell their tokens ASAP.  At first, I didn't understand why, but I think I'm beginning to.

For me, I'm doing these bounty campaigns for a bit of fun and to give my mind a bit work to do, creatively speaking.  So my mindset for any bounty tokens is just to HODL and allow the devs to implement their roadmap and take the project through to completion.  I think this will give the best realisation of value on the tokens.  Sure, some may fail and they will likely end up worthless, but since I only invested time, not money, into receiving them, I'm not really worried.

So with that mindset, I struggled to understand why so many people were eager to offload their bounties at the earliest opportunity.

But over the weekend, I sat down and did some calculations on the accumulated bounty rewards I'm expecting to receive.  Each bounty by itself was a modest return, but when combined in totality, it was a sizeable amount.  And that's when it struck me...

Lots of people who live in less fortunate parts of the world, particularly in areas with high unemployment, probably NEED to sell their bounty rewards to put food on the table and pay their bills.

But I really don't know if my assumptions are correct.  So, my question to you is...

Do you sell your Bounty Rewards straight away or HODL?  Any insight into your reasons would be appreciated.

## If this post has been thought provoking for you, I'd really appreciate a bit of Merit in return ##
With the experience that i had with my bounty, i prefer to hold them for at least 2 months and monitor the price movement of that coin. There is a high chance that the coin will double the value during ICO. That would be the triggering factor for me to trade that particular coin. Bottom line, hold for at least two months.
liangweicha

Activity: 238

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:22:44 AM

Generally speaking, when I receive the bounty, so I'll sell them, because each of the ICO project can get little token, even if hold is difficult to get rich for a long time, simply direct selling is better than that.

baghdatis1990

Activity: 504
Merit: 14

Miracle Tele

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:24:04 AM

When you enrolled in a bounty campaign for a project, it means you trusted that project. I do not understand why you sell the coins right after the end of the ICO and after receiving the tokens. If you have signed up for trust in a project, keep the coins for at least 1 year while reviewing the history of the token. If you have been enrolled in the bounty campaign and no longer trust the project, on the basis of rigorous analysis, sell and invest in another project.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
CONTRACT

Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:24:17 AM

In November of last year, I sold almost all tokens half-eaten from Bounty and Airedrops, after which the price for some tokens went up 3 times. Now I keep all the coins I have received and some of them have already lost any value, the rest have lost 3 times, but I believe that this is due to the general fall of the market, I will hold 3 more months and choose the right one for myself.

╞═◇═╡...CROWD MACHINE Powering the Next Generation of Blockchain App Builders...╞═◇═╡
WhitepaperLinkedinTwitterMediumTelegramYoutubeFacebookANN ThreadReddit
←←←←←←←←←←...WHITELIST Registration is OPEN...→→→→→→→→→→
lionheart89

Activity: 350
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:35:16 AM

I've been doing bounty campaigns only since December 2017.  Not long, in the scheme of things.  But one thing that truly surprised me during the last couple of months is the number of bounty hunters who look to sell their tokens ASAP.  At first, I didn't understand why, but I think I'm beginning to.

For me, I'm doing these bounty campaigns for a bit of fun and to give my mind a bit work to do, creatively speaking.  So my mindset for any bounty tokens is just to HODL and allow the devs to implement their roadmap and take the project through to completion.  I think this will give the best realisation of value on the tokens.  Sure, some may fail and they will likely end up worthless, but since I only invested time, not money, into receiving them, I'm not really worried.

So with that mindset, I struggled to understand why so many people were eager to offload their bounties at the earliest opportunity.

But over the weekend, I sat down and did some calculations on the accumulated bounty rewards I'm expecting to receive.  Each bounty by itself was a modest return, but when combined in totality, it was a sizeable amount.  And that's when it struck me...

Lots of people who live in less fortunate parts of the world, particularly in areas with high unemployment, probably NEED to sell their bounty rewards to put food on the table and pay their bills.

But I really don't know if my assumptions are correct.  So, my question to you is...

Do you sell your Bounty Rewards straight away or HODL?  Any insight into your reasons would be appreciated.

## If this post has been thought provoking for you, I'd really appreciate a bit of Merit in return ##
I think everyone has a reason why after earning a bounty reward coin is sold directly, perhaps because they assume that any initial coins at a price release would be expensive and eventually a dump or maybe they need to make ends meet. I do not mind the decision they sell fast because every bounty hunter has their own goals.
koloNikolo

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 09:39:02 AM

The right strategy and less risky with 99 percent profit is to sell half of the token and half still to hodl for few years. When you get tokens or coins and it goes on exchange is already a big win.

Joriecoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:41:07 AM

With the experience that i had with my bounty, i prefer to hold them for at least 2 months and monitor the price movement of that coin. There is a high chance that the coin will double the value during ICO. That would be the triggering factor for me to trade that particular coin. Bottom line, hold for at least two months.

Just hold your token until it reaches your target price. As for me, I had a token before that has no value at all. I just hold it in my wallet coz I was really hoping that someday, it will have a value. After a month, I just checked my token and to my surprised, my token value was $21k, and I immediately sell it. I don't care if it will become higher in the next day. What I want that time is to sell it right away coz it seldom happen to have that kind of opportunity. And I am very much thankful that I made the right decision coz the next day, it drops into 50%. Anyway, I still have 3 more tokens, and I've been holding it for 3 months now. And I'm planning to hold it for long until it reaches my target price.
AiwaDima

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:46:49 AM

Well, I'm also doing such programs and the May strategy is such, I see if it has a prospect project and its coin will grow in the future if it does not make sense to keep it because it will lose even more in price.
Fasunathan

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:49:30 AM

That question of yours, to sell immediately or hodl is an easy question for me. When i got my bounty and i needed badly the money then i would sell it no matter what the value of that token. My point is, if you need money then why hold. If can help you solve your financial problem if you have one. But if got  no problem financially then better to play with, hold and observe the market.
haidangtp

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:51:12 AM

If you strongly believe that is a really good project (good coin/ token), you should hold at least 1 year to multiply your profit
Otherwise, sell it all.
I appreciate your comments. There are some highly valued tokens of potential that I will retain such as REBL. The majority of I will sell when the token is put on the trading market.
Uhde

Activity: 616
Merit: 124

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:55:23 AM

It depends. If you believe in project hold if not just sell them. I usully try to sell whenever i get them. because whenever bounty rewarded are distributed everybody sells and price drops. so if i can sell in advance i can collect more.
mrcastelo

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:57:56 AM

I strongly believe in holding bounty rewards for more than 3 months not unless you really needed the moneu so badly. If you can hold it for a year then do it. One classic example of it.is oyster protocol (PRL) received my bounyy payment and when I received it it is below ICO (trading price during that time but look at it last january until now. And I really gain a lot by holding my bounty money.
Prodigan786

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:59:16 AM

Based on my experience i Holding or HODL coins which is having real solution and long term vision . I used to participate lots of Youtube campaign where i will read the whole project before explaining that gives me enough information about coin to hold or sell immidiately.
HabiebRiziq

Activity: 966
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 10:00:05 AM

It depends. If you believe in project hold if not just sell them. I usully try to sell whenever i get them. because whenever bounty rewarded are distributed everybody sells and price drops. so if i can sell in advance i can collect more.
lol thats same with me. and also i see the base price or ICO Price when bounty distributed, when listed to market i see again the price, if the price is higher than ICO price i'll sell 50% my token, but when its under ICO price i'll HODL until price going up.
huppimuk

Activity: 98
Merit: 4

Peculium.io

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 10:02:45 AM

I think it depends on you if you think that the bounty reward or the token have a great future then why would you even sell it immediately,
But if you think that it would be just another Shit coin in the future then you better set a price and a date when would you sell it.

But why would you participate in a bounty campaign you don't believe in? Does that thinking develop during the bounty?
Or would you even participate if you think it's a shit coin from the beginning?

PECULIUM
[[ AI SOLUTION TO VOLATILITY IN YOUR CRYPTO SAVINGS ]] (http://peculium.io)
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 10:03:26 AM

I have not been into any bounty campaign but what I've been noticing is every time that reward is not yet listed to an exchange many are keeping it as there's no way to sell it. And after it's all listed to different exchanges those investors who bought the token will definitely have time to take profit from that reward and it will be followed by the bounty hunters as well.
bucksman5233

Activity: 264

TV TWO - Connect your TV to ETH Blockchain

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 10:11:25 AM

If the bounty program that you have joined has good hype and good project then sell certain percentage when it hits exchange to be on the safer side. Hold the rest of them until the project completes it's milestone because if they are successful and noob money entered then you could make a fortune from them.

enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 10:16:21 AM

I have joined a lot of signature campaign but have kept a lot of these tokens in my wallet for more than year. Lately I managed to earn more than 80KUSD because of keeping the token which were attacked by fud for several months, was surprise to have gotten such amount when I already tried forgetting that token. Holding still is the best thing to do if you wanna earn huge.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: