Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:11:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty Rewards: Sell immediately or HODL?  (Read 7097 times)
Whitebit42

Activity: 99
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:01:54 PM

I think that you can sell 50% or 30% and HODL the rest. But if you think that the project is promising, then you can HODL 100% of the profit.
LUCKY21

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:05:06 PM

It all depends on the coin. If the coin is openly scum, then it is better to immediately sell it until the price has fallen. If the coin is good, then definitely this coin should be retained. In the future, you can sell such a coin much more expensive.
xheon

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:12:18 PM

Depend on the ICO, but usually in the end of ICO, the price will go down significantly and then get back up later (Do not know how long). If I were you i would sell it in when the ICO is end than keep tracking and buy back when I think it at it's lowest. just don't be greedy.
matsusomoto

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:12:33 PM

I've been doing bounty campaigns only since December 2017.  Not long, in the scheme of things.  But one thing that truly surprised me during the last couple of months is the number of bounty hunters who look to sell their tokens ASAP.  At first, I didn't understand why, but I think I'm beginning to.

For me, I'm doing these bounty campaigns for a bit of fun and to give my mind a bit work to do, creatively speaking.  So my mindset for any bounty tokens is just to HODL and allow the devs to implement their roadmap and take the project through to completion.  I think this will give the best realisation of value on the tokens.  Sure, some may fail and they will likely end up worthless, but since I only invested time, not money, into receiving them, I'm not really worried.

So with that mindset, I struggled to understand why so many people were eager to offload their bounties at the earliest opportunity.

But over the weekend, I sat down and did some calculations on the accumulated bounty rewards I'm expecting to receive.  Each bounty by itself was a modest return, but when combined in totality, it was a sizeable amount.  And that's when it struck me...

Lots of people who live in less fortunate parts of the world, particularly in areas with high unemployment, probably NEED to sell their bounty rewards to put food on the table and pay their bills.

But I really don't know if my assumptions are correct.  So, my question to you is...

Do you sell your Bounty Rewards straight away or HODL?  Any insight into your reasons would be appreciated.

## If this post has been thought provoking for you, I'd really appreciate a bit of Merit in return ##
It depends of what personality you have,are you are man with patience ?because holding would be the best thing to do with these bounties,because eventually these tokens would have some value in the future.But if you really dont have big paitience and you need some cash badly selling it would be good.

shaadsufi

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:16:22 PM

Its depend on my needs sometimes when I need money I sell half of the coin and hold half of them but when I have enough money to survive I hold the coin which I feel are good and give me good profits in the future. And the coins which I feel are not good or not worth to hold for the long term I sold them and enjoy the profits...
patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:19:38 PM

I guess it all depends on the token you are getting and how much you believe in the project. I've noticed that I've lost some money because I sold the tokens I got from bounties right away. One of them actually doubled, a few months after I've sold it. I decided to start holding the tokens after the bounties, and then I saw that I was also losing money, because the price went down (since everyone was selling), and it never recovered.

So there is no golden rule, as you can lose money either you sell it right away, or you hold it. I now try to make some research, and see if I like the project. If I do, then I hold the token, like I would do with any other investment.

Monta3002

Activity: 344
Merit: 257

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:19:55 PM

When I was a newbie and earned my first token I sold it right away not knowing that it might go up but now I have learned and always doing the hodl thing until it reaches my price

Kurokyy

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

LETS GO ADAB

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:28:38 PM

I've been doing bounty campaigns only since December 2017.  Not long, in the scheme of things.  But one thing that truly surprised me during the last couple of months is the number of bounty hunters who look to sell their tokens ASAP.  At first, I didn't understand why, but I think I'm beginning to.

For me, I'm doing these bounty campaigns for a bit of fun and to give my mind a bit work to do, creatively speaking.  So my mindset for any bounty tokens is just to HODL and allow the devs to implement their roadmap and take the project through to completion.  I think this will give the best realisation of value on the tokens.  Sure, some may fail and they will likely end up worthless, but since I only invested time, not money, into receiving them, I'm not really worried.

So with that mindset, I struggled to understand why so many people were eager to offload their bounties at the earliest opportunity.

But over the weekend, I sat down and did some calculations on the accumulated bounty rewards I'm expecting to receive.  Each bounty by itself was a modest return, but when combined in totality, it was a sizeable amount.  And that's when it struck me...

Lots of people who live in less fortunate parts of the world, particularly in areas with high unemployment, probably NEED to sell their bounty rewards to put food on the table and pay their bills.

But I really don't know if my assumptions are correct.  So, my question to you is...

Do you sell your Bounty Rewards straight away or HODL?  Any insight into your reasons would be appreciated.

A good project will bloom in the long run. If you believe that it is, then hold your bounty. There are so many promising project that having a hard time in value when it first landed in an exchange. But after a couple of months and years, the value fly and go to the moon. Dont regret if that happen if you sold early.

tyuner4

Activity: 322
Merit: 179

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:34:17 PM

I won’t sell the bounty reward coins immediately. If the project is successful, holding the coins can usually bring much higher profit.
iryboy

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:38:11 PM

It depends how you think about the bounty project. If the project is a good one then better hold the tokens and if you think it'll be average project then you can sell it early.

Kolokoy

Activity: 196
Merit: 50

OMNI TOKEN PLATFORM FOR PAYMENTS

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 05:39:06 PM

Since I hit being Jr. Member in this forum I started to join Signature Bounty Campaigns 4 months now and I haven't yet sold my Crypto Assets because their value is not that high at this moment and I still want  to get more Bounty tokens as many as I can because it's for my future as long-term goal.
Thanks to my full-time job that I am able to support my family's daily needs and won't force me to sell my Assets because I want to watch it grow and turn them into cash in the near future. I'm going to fund it to some of my personal projects like house renovation and buy new car.

aervin11

Activity: 602
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:45:02 PM

## If this post has been thought provoking for you, I'd really appreciate a bit of Merit in return ##

This thread was good but Im sorry not be able to give any merits for I don't have one to spare.

Back to the topic. I'm also a bounty hunter, I also belong to that particular area that you mean. But what I was trying to do was sometimes sell and sometimes hold. I have a criteria for holding my bounty rewards, that I made by what I have experienced this past few months. I am holding some that I believe that will have a future use and sell the one's that I doubt and that is the one I use to buy necessities. Dumping and holding can make you money, it's just that when doing your bounty you know where your project brings itself and you must notice that before doing necessary actions.
Kolokoy

Activity: 196
Merit: 50

OMNI TOKEN PLATFORM FOR PAYMENTS

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 05:46:56 PM

It depends how you think about the bounty project. If the project is a good one then better hold the tokens and if you think it'll be average project then you can sell it early.

Indeed, there are some coins that  worth of holding especially when the project is very good and useful otherwise the coin price would stay on the ground and it's up to the market when it will pump.
Like some of my coins, they're worth of long-term hold and some are already gave me higher profits even today but I still choose to hold because I know that it will offer me higher profits than today.

Yolandi

Activity: 206
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:50:06 PM

it depends on how the token is developing and at which exchanges the coin is listed. if the coin is promising, I would hold it. but there is always a lot of individual research needed.

▄▀▀▀▀▀     INSUREUM     ▀▀▀▀▀▄
《 THE NEW INSURANCE ECOSYSTEM 》
▀▄   token.zikto.com/insureum   ▄▀
Valer4ik

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:50:24 PM

I participate in bounty for 4 months, I can say I'm still a novice, but I have a strategy like this:
1) We are waiting for listing on the exchange and on a high candle we sell 50%
2) on the second wave we sell another 30%
3) 20% hold
or you sell 100% and you enter ICO ...
IrenNTA

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

"One Token to Move Anything Anywhere"

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:03:35 PM

I never hurry to sell bounty tokens. Usually I deposit them to an exchange and set x2-x3 from ICO price. And if the project is very prospective I prefer to HODL. Most of the projects' tokens gain a real value when the product is released. And usually it takes a lot of time. So if you don't need money right now, it's better to hold and maybe one day you'll get a huge profit.
BUK2016

Activity: 770
Merit: 126

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:06:38 PM

My resolution for the year 2018 is to sell half of any token I get at the end of any bounty which I participate this is because of the hard lesson which I learned last year from bounty participation.
yudhistira

Activity: 347
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:09:35 PM

I think it all depends on what project you joined in the signature campaign.
If the project is very good and you think it will be a success, it is better to keep it until the value of the token has risen.
If you're not sure you'd better to sell and start a new campaign.

WebsiteWhitepaperTelegram   International Blockchain Lottery   FacebookTwitterGitHub
════════☛ FIRELOTTO ☚════════    As simple and understandable as traditional lotteries are    ══════☛ PLAY NOW ☚══════
Denlv

Activity: 350
Merit: 39

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:10:18 PM

Hello!In my opinion is to hodl becose they can x100 and ur whale lol :DBut it depends on token what u hodl and what u sell immediatly,if project grows or good roadmap and have contracts with good companies why not to hodl and let tokens to swim in river and forgot about it,for longterm.Im now hodl betr becose they in june start they platform on fifa world cup and be first token with can betting on fifa world cup!

MiiDoViic

Activity: 308
Merit: 119

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:22:16 PM

It all depends on what kind of bounties you will get the coins from . There is too many bounties that you could join ,but It's not garanteed that all of them will succeed on the long term and stay strong . I would hold the tokens only if I believe the project have great potentials and a real product to offer the real world not just ideas and speculations . I try to join as much bounties as possible that seem decent ,but with the aim of selling as soon as they hit an exchange because mostly the price falls after the ICO even with the good projects ,and like you mentioned a man gotta put food on the table .
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: