Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:35:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet  (Read 586129 times)
btcdrak
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 06:09:29 PM

I notice it's not possible to copy a receive address anymore to the clipboard. This is really important. For example say you receive some bitcoin at coinbase and want to transfer them out to a wallet controlled by Mycelium. There is no way to copy the receive address to clipboard to be able to paste into the coinbase app. Couldnt you make it so a long tap+hold on the receive address brings up the old dialog (which used to give you options to generate a QR code with a specific amount, and or copy the receive address to the clipboard).
(A)social

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 08:37:59 PM

I notice it's not possible to copy a receive address anymore to the clipboard. This is really important.

Try to scroll down (or up? Smiley) in the Balance view.
I missed that too for a while, and it was just because my finger was hiding most of the right scroll bar  Embarrassed

BTC: 1ASociaLbBZzBUR8hSw8CryajncADsR1m6 - Bitmessage: BM-orfFdAgAmtnBokTivq3vj1RtSVtXbrftM
OpenBazaar Store: https://openbazaar.com/store/QmeCThm8d5zcat7BjGw4SQeovaC5diF9s4b2yTSHWdpzmb
btcdrak
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:25:03 PM

I notice it's not possible to copy a receive address anymore to the clipboard. This is really important.

I missed that too for a while, and it was just because my finger was hiding most of the right scroll bar  Embarrassed

Wow, that did it. I was in landscape mode. there is no indication there is stuff below.
(A)social

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 09:30:21 PM

Wow, that did it. I was in landscape mode. there is no indication there is stuff below.

Neither in portrait mode, as in my case on a Galaxy S Smiley

BTC: 1ASociaLbBZzBUR8hSw8CryajncADsR1m6 - Bitmessage: BM-orfFdAgAmtnBokTivq3vj1RtSVtXbrftM
OpenBazaar Store: https://openbazaar.com/store/QmeCThm8d5zcat7BjGw4SQeovaC5diF9s4b2yTSHWdpzmb
apetersson

Activity: 668
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 08:45:25 AM

all bitcoiners are wealthy, some just don't know it yet.

*) number grouping for large numbers

Is this for wealthy bitcoiners???

No if you pair that with "default unit mBtc" Tongue.
apetersson

Activity: 668
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 08:46:28 AM

thanks for the reminder to fix landscape mode. this needs some love.
Jan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:00:13 AM

Several people have reported this. In the next update, if a scrollbar is necessary for your display, it will not fade away, but be shown continuously.

Mycelium let's you hold your private keys private.
btcdrak
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 12:16:17 PM

Is there any reason I am not getting an update for mycelium wallet? My testnet version updated to 1.1.0 and again to 1.1.1 but not the main version. The play store shows the new version. Is something wrong? I tried restarting the phone too..
Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 12:29:26 PM

Is there any reason I am not getting an update for mycelium wallet? My testnet version updated to 1.1.0 and again to 1.1.1 but not the main version. The play store shows the new version. Is something wrong? I tried restarting the phone too..
We are doing rolling updates for prodnet, right now it is at 20%, it should reach 100% later today.

Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 02:37:27 PM

Version 1.1.x is out of beta. You should be able to get version 1.1.2 it in an hour or two

• translations to English, Deutsch, Español, Italiano, Português, Pyccкий язык, 简体字
  • Bip38 support
  • ability to change language in settings
  • camera/scanner fixes
  • number grouping for large numbers
  • default unit mBtc
  • bugfix when sharing PDF with Samsung Email App
  • crash bug fixes for some of those rare devices
  • minor UI tweaks and minor stuff

We are in particular fond of the Portuguese and Spanish translation as today the conference in Buenos Aires is launching tomorrow.
If you are going to the conference please spread the word. Unfortunately Andreas and I were not able to attend this time.

(A)social

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2013, 03:39:22 PM

Several people have reported this. In the next update, if a scrollbar is necessary for your display, it will not fade away, but be shown continuously.

Or put a smaller QR code so that all the buttons below are always visible? And touch it to zoom.  Huh

Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 03:51:45 PM

Or put a smaller QR code so that all the buttons below are always visible? And touch it to zoom.  Huh
Hmm... "Touch to zoom" Interesting idea.

btcdrak
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 05:22:51 PM

Too many taps. Touch to shrink maybe. Now the scrollbar is there it's much clearer.
btcdrak
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:08:57 PM

Awesome awesome work Mycelium is basically perfect now!

I'd just like to ask if you can detail the measures Mycelium takes to protect from bad applications and forensic investigation reading the private keys stored on the phone?
ffe

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 10:04:23 PM

BIP38 works perfectly on my DROID BIONIC (Android 4.1.2) taking less than a minute.
Works as well on an older HTC INCREDIBLE (Android 2.3.4) taking about 3 minutes.
The BIP38 is compatible with BitAddress generated BIP38 keys. Does Mycelium generate BIP38 protected exports?

Thanks again for a great wallet.

hgmichna

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 10:33:53 AM

While you are at it—…

Users can increase their security by using a separate phone with a minimized set of apps and minimized communications (no SIM card, Wi-Fi mostly off, etc.). Often they will use an old phone for this purpose that would otherwise gather dust.

If this is so, please try to make and keep Mycelium usable on such phones. The most obvious problem areas are:

• Weak hardware
  • Older versions of Android
  • Small screens

I am worrying particularly about those small screens. I have not actually tested Mycelium under such conditions and have no clue whether it already fulfills these wishes. If so, it may be a good idea to keep it that way during future development.

Of course, another interesting direction is to use a separate phone with very minimal communications, maybe only through QC codes, only for transaction signing. That might fulfill quite high security demands. I think this has been discussed a long time ago already. I'm only trying to refresh memories.

By the way, I think Mycelium has already gotten better and better. I really like it.
(A)social

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 12:20:07 PM

Too many taps. Touch to shrink maybe. Now the scrollbar is there it's much clearer.

Too many taps? Scrolling need touch too, touch to shrink too...
Are you afraid to wear out your fingers?  Grin
http://geekologie.com/2011/05/handsfree-nosebeak-touchscreen-stylus.php

Michael_S

Activity: 278
Merit: 251

Bitcoin-Note-and-Voucher-Printing-Empowerer

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:29:10 PM

While you are at it—…

Users can increase their security by using a separate phone with a minimized set of apps and minimized communications (no SIM card, Wi-Fi mostly off, etc.). Often they will use an old phone for this purpose that would otherwise gather dust.

If this is so, please try to make and keep Mycelium usable on such phones. The most obvious problem areas are:

• Weak hardware
  • Older versions of Android
  • Small screens

I am worrying particularly about those small screens. I have not actually tested Mycelium under such conditions and have no clue whether it already fulfills these wishes. If so, it may be a good idea to keep it that way during future development.

Of course, another interesting direction is to use a separate phone with very minimal communications, maybe only through QC codes, only for transaction signing. That might fulfill quite high security demands. I think this has been discussed a long time ago already. I'm only trying to refresh memories.

By the way, I think Mycelium has already gotten better and better. I really like it.

I fully agree. Mycelium is getting better every time, the developers really THINK and make CONCEPTS and REALIZE them. Awesome!

And a possibility to store keys in a 100% offline fashion (on a 100% offline smartphone) would be great - I proposed this here some time ago:
"https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=210261.0", which is exactly what you are suggesting here, I think.

I think and hope that the Mycelium app would be eligible for this in future versions. It has all the key management and backup features already built-in. What would be needed is to run Mycelium, optionally, in an "offline mode" (or make a new app that inherits Mycelium's today's key management functions) that has extra features like offline transaction signing. Communication (i.e. transfer of the (un)signed transaction strings) between the offline and online device should be done via QR codes (or animated QR codes for transfer of longer strings).
The offline device should also have built-in functionality of supervising offline status etc. and show enough nag screens etc. to "force" the user to operate his/her offline phone in a paranoidly secure way, and it should make sure that the device is (and was) offline all the time..., and e.g. should not start up at all if a SIM card is inserted or WiFi is enabled...

My vision is that, in some not so distant future, everyone (not only the tech-savvy) can use a really really secure solution for OFFLINE wallet handling with apps having an easy to understand and self-explanatory GUI that guides the user all the way and avoids that (s)he makes any mistakes. An Android phone is the optimum platform for obvious reasons: Cheaper then a PC or Netbook, smaller (does not take space), and many outdated phones are anyway idling around today although they would be perfectly suitable for use as offline wallets. So the hurdle for using this is much lower than for somebody who first has to buy an EeePC or Raspberry PI or Trezor device.

Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 07:39:37 PM

Awesome awesome work Mycelium is basically perfect now!

I'd just like to ask if you can detail the measures Mycelium takes to protect from bad applications and forensic investigation reading the private keys stored on the phone?
Private keys are in app private storage. Another app can only get to them if the device is rooted.
While exporting the private key as a QR code shown on the display the app prevents other apps from taking a screenshot (Not supported for Gingerbread, also a few devices may not honor this).
In the end the private keys are stored in flash memory of your device. As far as I know flash storage drivers attempt to write key material in new places whenever a file is overwritten to prevent wearing out the cells. If you open up an android device and get to the flash chips you should be able to retrieve the private keys... maybe even if you have deleted them. Cold storage spending does not store your keys on flash, so this is suggested for larger amounts and enhanced security.

Jan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 07:52:59 PM

BIP38 works perfectly on my DROID BIONIC (Android 4.1.2) taking less than a minute.
Works as well on an older HTC INCREDIBLE (Android 2.3.4) taking about 3 minutes.
The BIP38 is compatible with BitAddress generated BIP38 keys. Does Mycelium generate BIP38 protected exports?

Thanks again for a great wallet.
Thanks.
Mycelium has been tested with BIP38 keys generated by bitaddress.org, and also verifies the BIP38 test vectors in our unit tests.

Mycelium does not export using BIP38. When doing encrypted PDF export we use another format which resembles BIP38 in several ways (which is described in detail on the last page of every exported document, please read). The way BIP38 works does not allow you to export more than one key without repeating the intensive key stretching for every key being exported. This is because the Bitcoin address is used as the salt for the key stretching. (The format we use uses has a separate salt field included in the QR-code).

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: