Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:23:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 367 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s  (Read 786812 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 01:43:02 PM

I know I said I wouldn't reply to you anymore, but I just need to make one point.
If you go around and say that every pre-order is a scam, then you will most likely be right on a few of them. Doesn't mean you're right all the time. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
That's all.

PG has been right more often than not. He is abrasive, often amusing, and dogged as hell.

I think he's wrong on this one, but He is not a troll.

Dude, are you Chuck Norris?  Grin

Only Chuck Norris is cool enough to be Chuck Norris  Grin

I was talking about his avatar.... Smiley

Funny, last guy said I looked like Tommy Shaw. I'll take it, either way Tongue . (yeah, the avatar is me. I've cut my hair since then, and it's not blonde at the moment... )

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 01:58:26 PM

I know I said I wouldn't reply to you anymore, but I just need to make one point.
If you go around and say that every pre-order is a scam, then you will most likely be right on a few of them. Doesn't mean you're right all the time. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
That's all.

PG has been right more often than not. He is abrasive, often amusing, and dogged as hell.

I think he's wrong on this one, but He is not a troll.

Dude, are you Chuck Norris?  Grin

Only Chuck Norris is cool enough to be Chuck Norris  Grin

I was talking about his avatar.... Smiley

Funny, last guy said I looked like Tommy Shaw. I'll take it, either way Tongue . (yeah, the avatar is me. I've cut my hair since then, and it's not blonde at the moment... )

SO you are not Chuck Norris?Huh

So I am never going to meet him???   Smiley
BlackArrow Matt

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:06:44 PM

There was a little more in this tidbit than in descarte's post  Roll Eyes

Saw this on their facebook page:

Dear Friends, If you would consider a refund, note that you have to go to the following abuse from black arrow: We are sorry to hear that you do not wish to continue with your order. As your order has already been put in production it is difficult for us to issue you with a refund. However, we do not want to make anyone unhappy therefore we will do our best to refund your money by moving your order to a new customer.
 We trust that bitcoin mining will be profitable in May as well or all the Bitcoin mining will stop. The online profitability calculators are wrong just because nobody in the right mind will keep doubling the hashrate of the network every month if they are loosing money. The hashrate of the network will keep growing only if the bitcoin value goes up again. For this reason we do not think that our miners will have a negative return of investment. However, we understand that you might not agree with us and we'll offer you the refund if you decide to go ahead with it.

We find your behaviour unnaceptable and we would like to ask you to review it. If you will abuse or threaten us again, your refund will automatically go to the end of the refund queue or we will hold you to the agreed terms and conditions and ship you the order, as we see fit. May we refer you to the following clauses from our terms and conditions that you've agreed to:

The Purchaser understands and agrees that we will use his payment in order to purchase the necessary materials or pay workmanship required to fulfill his pre-order which will be non-refundable if cancelled. For this reason, the purchaser hereby gives us the right and agrees with our decision to decline any requests from him or third parties to cancel his pre-order.
 The delivery date is provided for information purposes only and shall not be binding on Us. The Purchaser is not entitled to refuse acceptance of the Products, withdraw, cancel or revoke the order or make claims for compensation due to any delayed delivery.
 If we agree to cancel an order based on customer's request, for each transfer needed to be made, we will charge 50 USD and all 3rd party fees. In some cases, we might also need to charge a further 30 USD handling fee for each incorrect or incomplete transfer information provided by the customer.

If you wish to proceed with the refund, please understand and agree with the following:
 1. A refund request is final. We will not accept to reinstante your order if you change your mind later.
 2. As per agreed terms and conditions of sale, we are not obliged to issue you with a refund and this delay is acceptable. However, we are doing our best to keep everyone happy and we'll issue the refund.
 3. To cover time used to refund this order, for each transfer needed to be made, we will charge 50 USD and all 3rd party fees. In some cases, we might also need to charge a further 30 USD handling fee for each incorrect or incomplete transfer information provided by the customer.

If you have paid in fiat (USD/EUR/GBP etc) please note that we cannot refund you right now. Please provide us with your complete bank details and we will be doing our best to send your money back within 1 month.
 BTC refunds are available sooner. Please let us know your BTC address where to issue the refund to.

Please let us know if you wish to continue with this refund.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=544725588968867&id=477655819009178

WOW  Shocked

Take a step back and check the part I highlighted. If someone threatens us, we're going to go about things differently than a simple refund request.
wmmail07

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 04:50:37 PM

BlackArrow Matt

I create a ticket #UNS-201-35786.

Answer me, please.

Thanks!!
CoolIT

Activity: 66

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:30:54 PM

People need to chill. You invested on something that you should have known is high risk, high reward.

Sure, there was a screw up... But please reserve your freakouts for if there is another delay and no progress shown.

All I want is for the damn things to be extremely reliable and run for as long as there are bitcoins.

Might take some time for a ROI on my 10 X1's but as long as they keep working, I will have it and then some.

Worst case senario, it's funner than gambling and reading the entertainment on this forum is amusing.

Now, how are those monarch cards doing ? ... The only way I will be disappointed is if the Monarch comes out before I get my new toys, and work reliably.
Dogeprevails

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:32:52 PM

So, is cancelling and getting a refund from Minersource at all possible?
Airwhale

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:03:35 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2014, 09:16:12 PM by Airwhale

Matt,

Is there any way that you guys would be willing to post a more detailed outline of what needs to be done between now and May?  Like others,  I'm really nervous about the delay,  and after such certainty from you guys that things would be out by the 28th,  I'm finding it a little hard to not question the new date of may 1st.  I just don't want to be BFLed =)

3DX4D

Activity: 65

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 10:13:33 PM

Not sure, but I did notice this question asked already, only to be completely ignored.  I also sent an email to miner source asking that exact question and have not heard back as of yet.  I have 4 X-1's on order and would like to cancel and get a refund as this delay is pretty extreme and by my calcs it makes break even a pipe dream at best.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:30:37 AM

Not sure, but I did notice this question asked already, only to be completely ignored.  I also sent an email to miner source asking that exact question and have not heard back as of yet.  I have 4 X-1's on order and would like to cancel and get a refund as this delay is pretty extreme and by my calcs it makes break even a pipe dream at best.

Matt (bobsag3) PM'ed me back,said he'll get back to me after his visit to BA  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
tokona

Activity: 110

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 12:30:57 AM

Matt,

Is there any way that you guys would be willing to post a more detailed outline of what needs to be done between now and May?  Like others,  I'm really nervous about the delay,  and after such certainty from you guys that things would be out by the 28th,  I'm finding it a little hard to not question the new date of may 1st.  I just don't want to be BFLed =)

I also want to know that, and when batch 1 is late can batch 2 buyers trust that it will be shipped on time?

bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:33:17 AM

Not sure, but I did notice this question asked already, only to be completely ignored.  I also sent an email to miner source asking that exact question and have not heard back as of yet.  I have 4 X-1's on order and would like to cancel and get a refund as this delay is pretty extreme and by my calcs it makes break even a pipe dream at best.

Matt (bobsag3) PM'ed me back,said he'll get back to me after his visit to BA  Wink

I will confirm this.
Vexatious

Activity: 119

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:21:40 AM

I requested a refund from Minersource via e-mail a couple of hours ago, still awaiting a reply. *crossing fingers* With my luck, they'll honor the refund and then I'll regret doing it come May when they start shipping! LOL Also, if this is some big scam (which I'm not 100% buying to be honest), they certainly won't be giving any refunds... I guess we wait and see.

If I do get a response from them, I'll share it here.

BTC Address: 1LKrhNXUDBZANdtqzE3Au9xjFHVCADfc9S
SolarCoin address: 8dDpPHrRBedyWBzxvbXD3paGkDjJkPRN2i
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:59:51 AM

I requested a refund from Minersource via e-mail a couple of hours ago, still awaiting a reply. *crossing fingers* With my luck, they'll honor the refund and then I'll regret doing it come May when they start shipping! LOL Also, if this is some big scam (which I'm not 100% buying to be honest), they certainly won't be giving any refunds... I guess we wait and see.

If I do get a response from them, I'll share it here.

I would give them a few days to get things figured out before expecting a refund.
terrapinflyer

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:13:47 AM

bobsag is in china meeting the BA team rite now trying to get a handle on this situation. How about we give him a break for sec so he can wrap his head around this whole debacle before we all hammer him with refund requests. 

Activity: 108

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:17:12 AM

i also inquired about a refund.(from black arrow) i got a reply asking that i stick with them and that  i wont be disappointed. maybe they have some other compensation planned? they also said i could create a support ticket for a refund if i did want to continue with one.
bitterdog

Activity: 728
Merit: 503

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:18:55 AM

Oh wow

▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀███████████████
██████████▄   ▀█████████████
████████████▄   ▀███████████
██████████████▄   ▀█████████
█████████████▀   ▄██████████
███████████▀   ▄████████████
██████████▄  ▄██████████████
███████████████████████████
 ▀████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

⬢⬢

⬢⬢

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄██████████▀▀▀█▀█▄
██ ▀█████▀     ▀██
██▌   ▀▀▀      ███
███▄           ███
████▀         ████
▀████▄     ▄▄████▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  ▐███
██████▀▀  ▄   ████
███▀   ▄█▀   ▐████
████▄▄█▀     █████
▀█████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄███████▀   ▐████▄
████████  ▄███████
██████      ██████
████████  ████████
████████  ████████
▀███████  ███████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄██▀█▀███▄▄
▄███▀▀▀ ▀ ▀▀█████▄
██████ ████▄ █████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
██████ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████
██████ ████▀ █████
▀███▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄█████▀
   ▀▀██▄█▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████
BlackArrow Matt

Activity: 87

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:23:11 AM

We're absolutely considering further options. Also, I'm hoping to provide better updates but I'm in a different country than the engineers. That makes getting photos more difficult. I will absolutely try my best to get updates out.
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:08:57 AM

bobsag is in china meeting the BA team rite now trying to get a handle on this situation. How about we give him a break for sec so he can wrap his head around this whole debacle before we all hammer him with refund requests. 

Going to the uk*
But pretty much you hit the nail on the head.
MinerHosting SysOps

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 04:39:12 AM

I say yes, and the following is how I came to that conclusion.

On August 29, 2013, 12:14:25 PM, bobsag3, a.k.a Matt Carson, stated the following: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=283803.msg3037195#msg3037195

Who are you and why should I trust you?:
DyslexicZombei has vetted me thru his service, and will providing help regarding the buy and hosting.

Let's see who DyslexicZombei is, and what service Matt speaks of that he owns, shall we? <Please don't burn the popcorn!>

DyslexicZombei

Name:   DyslexicZombei
Activity:   196
Position:   Full Member
Date Registered:   July 25, 2013, 02:04:18 PM
Last Active:   January 31, 2014, 02:13:16 AM

MSN:   
YIM:   
Email:   hidden
Current Status:   Offline Offline
Other contact info:   I'm also available via Skype if you'd like to discuss business.

Highlighted in yellow, for the seeing impaired, is DyslexicZombei's venerable service. It links to: https://www.dzminercoop.com/

Let's see what we can gleaned from Whois, if anything, shall... <THE POPCORN! Told you to watch it.>

Domain Name: DZMINERCOOP.COM
Registry Domain ID: 1829242669_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.enom.com
Registrar URL: www.enom.com
Creation Date: 2013-09-28 22:09:00Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2015-09-28 22:09:00Z
Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Registrar IANA ID: 48
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse@enom.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.4252744500
Reseller: NAMECHEAP.COM
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: JAMES HILLIARD
Registrant Organization: MINER HOSTING LLC
Registrant Street: 2057 VIENNA RD
Registrant City: ROLLA
Registrant State/Province: MO
Registrant Postal Code: 65401
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.8176015941
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax: +1.5555555555

Damn! Nothing to really see there. And I thought I was on to something. Oh, well! Shit happens!

Moving on, forgetting about the above, for it's clearly a dead end... <Make some more popcorn, but don't burn it this time, mkay?>

Let's see what we can find out about Matt Carson's minersource.net via Whois:

Domain Name: MINERSOURCE.NET
Registry Domain ID: 1822903921_DOMAIN_NET-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.enom.com
Registrar URL: www.enom.com
Creation Date: 2013-08-21 22:12:00Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2015-08-21 22:12:00Z
Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Registrar IANA ID: 48
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse@enom.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.4252744500
Reseller: NAMECHEAP.COM
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: JAMES HILLIARD
Registrant Organization: MINER HOSTING LLC
Registrant Street: 2057 VIENNA RD
Registrant City: ROLLA
Registrant State/Province: MO
Registrant Postal Code: 65401
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.8176015941
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax: +1.5555555555

<Enjoying the popcorn?>

Well, that was totally unexpected. On top of that, it looks vaguely familiar, but where I have seen... OMFG! Surely not! Yeap, it is! It matches the Whois of https://www.dzminercoop.com/.

<Not responsible if you chocked on your popcorn.>

This revelation could only mean one thing! Matt Carson will refund, because...

Ergo, any Bitcoiner having the ability to convince other bitcoiners that he can be trusted because he vetted himself WILL most definitely refund any other Bitcoiner who has ordered from him with no questions asked, and in a timely fashion. Simply ask! Isn't that right, Matt X Matt Carson?

Question: How many of you bitcoiners that ordered miners from Black Arrow or through Matt Carson's venerable site are going to wait till after the May deadline has past before you request refunds?

As an added bonus, for those asking themselves "Who the hell is James Hilliard?", perhaps I can help, albeit there's only one tiny caveat: It'll cost you $5,000 USD via BTC if you don't know how to use Google. Simply hit me up via a PM, whereupon I'll provide you a bitcoin wallet address to pay me that $5,000, then I'll share with you some startling information that will just blow your ass away. It's such a small price to pay, especially for those that may have pre-orders at some other unnamed site (hint) and desire to be first on its refund list, in which case saving you perhaps tens of thousands of dollars more.

All that said above, now what are the odds that Matt X is closely related to Matt Carson, even though they have clearly already vetted each other?

So we got any official reps here from Black Arrow besides OP?
For now theres me, and BlackArrow_Matt. For a while I thought he was impersonating me... we have the same name and I got confused lol.

~TMIBTCITW
I'm not hiding or anything(I didn't hide the whois intentionally), just don't know why you care. I'm just not exactly active on the forums. I have made a commit(https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/commit/47956df9036fb838ecdfca417117286b558fdd2a) to cgminer though.
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:43:12 AM

*snip*
I'm not hiding or anything(I didn't hide the whois intentionally), just don't know why you care. I'm just not exactly active on the forums. I have made a commit(https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/commit/47956df9036fb838ecdfca417117286b558fdd2a) to cgminer though.

Can confirm James works for us over at minersource, that would be why his info is on our site. He is also one of the web devs on the new dzminercoop, hence that. Nothing really to hide there...
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 367 »
  Print  

Jump to: