Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:33:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 367 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s  (Read 786814 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
tokona

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 04:49:48 AM

I understand that ASIC's aren't easy,but these delays seem very fishy to me.Just about every producer has been late,I just don't get it  Roll Eyes

"Burn in testing"

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1Nbq2XZaRsKknf5fcT2wTXvBS31PaUWSeX

Let's say you are a manufacturer, you took a preorder, you finished the machine, and realistically you can ship whenever the hell you want. Why ship before mining becomes close to a break even proposition?

A few may choose to do so out of a sense of honor, or perhaps concern about being revealed as a fraud. Many will not.

What a hell! that 554.64 Th/s! holy shit!

tokona

Activity: 110

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 04:59:09 AM

I understand that ASIC's aren't easy,but these delays seem very fishy to me.Just about every producer has been late,I just don't get it  Roll Eyes

"Burn in testing"

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1Nbq2XZaRsKknf5fcT2wTXvBS31PaUWSeX

Let's say you are a manufacturer, you took a preorder, you finished the machine, and realistically you can ship whenever the hell you want. Why ship before mining becomes close to a break even proposition?

A few may choose to do so out of a sense of honor, or perhaps concern about being revealed as a fraud. Many will not.

What a hell! that 554.64 Th/s! holy shit!
That is depressing http://bitinfocharts.com/zh/bitcoin/address/1Nbq2XZaRsKknf5fcT2wTXvBS31PaUWSeX it is a lot of coins

Lloydie

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 05:09:51 AM

What you consider an asshole, sick bastard rubbing it in, I consider using satire to get the word out that the end is neigh and people should start requesting refunds ASAP. Ironically, from you post, you echo the same sentiment.
Hey asshole, I have 16 shares in r17. I don't need your fucking satire. I put faith in the wrong company and I don't need some wanker telling me I fucked up.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=173316.msg4067307#msg4067307

According to what's found at the above link, not only did you put faith in a wrong company, but you spread good cheer for one, not heeding nary a warning by me or others. Now, you want me to shut the fuck up so that I don't warn others in making the same mistake I once tried to warn you about. One of us is seriously fucked up, mate, and it ain't me.
Yeah I made a mistake. I also tried to steer people away from cloudhashing. You on the other hand asked people for 5 Btc then upped it to 10 Btc to tell them they have been screwed by BA. You look like a vulture, smell like a vulture, are a vulture. Only people with low self esteem take pleasure in saying they are right after everyone has suffered. Seriously, you need help. There is no honour in you. You're not doing this out of the goodness of your heart. There is no goodness in you. I am done with you.
Paladin69

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 05:41:28 AM

Oh well! At least everybody in line got to meet everybody else, and now call all walk away whistling "Bitcoin mining is only a hobby to me...", with their heads held high, proudly knowly that they met bigger fools than thou.

CLAP  Grin  CLAP

<I edited what you quoted: call = can>

Where about in the UK are you going bobsag3? I have a week off work. Would love to meet you, have a chat and be another voice vouching for you (not that I feel you need it). I might be new to bitcoin, miner delays and what not, but surely a random member like myself will help some of the non believers.

Hell, these guys got people lining up and begging to be vetters:

Name:   n00dles0up
Activity:   28
Position:   Newbie
Date Registered:   December 06, 2013, 07:18:46 PM
Last Active:   Today at 09:59:33 PM

Why don't you go meet bobsag? If you are truly concerned about saving people from getting scammed surely this would be more effective than the useless shit your finding on google. Or would it be too much work to get out of your armchair?

That's a brilliant idea! bobsaq could then prove to me that he's really Matt Carson, of which is not in dispute, then show me how charismatic he is, incapable of taking advantage of somebody.

I can vouch that Matt Carson is bobsag3.  He bought 15 BFL Singles from me last September/October.  Although getting the payment in full took some time.  He resold my BFL's for higher than what he was supposed to pay me.  Instead of giving me my cut right away he used it to fund some of the joint venture between him and Black Arrow on those Bitfury boards they made.

That is all I know about him.  He makes right to not break his word and does come through, but he does seek opportunity for himself first.  I missed some opportunities on a lower spot price before things exploded last year...but most of the funds he eventually paid me were used for November KnC so I made my own mistakes as well instead of buying BTC directly.  I was relaxed on asking for the money to be paid back in full so it is partially my fault.  But I would still do business with Matt again if it made sense to.  He will come through for you...eventually.

I know nothing about Black Arrow though.
Lloydie

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:16:17 AM

I can just hear dead philosophers turning in their graves as they muse over the moral quandry while rubbing their chins where beards may once have grown:

"Hmm... who is more morally good, the scammed or those that did advise the about-to-be-scammed of the scammer?"

On balance, the dead philosophers would probably declare that those who did advise the about-to-be-scammed of the perils of doing business with the scammer would have the higher quotient of goodness in their hearts as they took it upon themselves to inform the about-to-be-scammed of the risks that lay in wait for them. Those about-to-be-scammed who were then in fact scammed cannot seek to claim moral goodness by trumpeting that those who tried to help them avoid being scammed lack goodness in their heart.

As is the way with dead philosophers, with one moral question having been decided to their current satisfaction, they turn further in their graves but not having any other issue on the matter to address, cease stroking their chins where beards may once have grown...

...that is, until one of the dead philosophers with a puzzled expression asks,

"If we know who the about-to-be-scammed, the scammed and the scammer is, then who is the scammee?"

And so in death as in life, questions continue, chins are rubbed where beards may once have grown and the cycle of existence doth continue.

Wink

-----

And for the non-philosophically minded there's some information here http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/scammee

Or maybe it was just a fuck up at BA? These guys did deliver bitfuries before. Whatever is the case, it does not justify you or anyone coming here saying I told you so. It's not helpful. And you guys are adding nothing. In fact, it is worse you are giving us unnecessary added grief.
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:28:09 AM

I understand that ASIC's aren't easy,but these delays seem very fishy to me.Just about every producer has been late,I just don't get it  Roll Eyes

"Burn in testing"

The pool operator (wizkid) claims to know who is behind that address too. My guess is BFL.

I have been following that address for a few weeks now.

It constantly adds around 20TH of power daily. Sometimes it drops though.

Also they have made almost 3 million since Dec 06

https://blockchain.info/address/1Nbq2XZaRsKknf5fcT2wTXvBS31PaUWSeX?offset=0&filter=0
DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002

Bitcoin

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:32:12 PM

blackarrowsoftware miner..

In stock

Availlable April 30th

Is this a non-sense or it's me ?
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:43:58 PM

blackarrowsoftware miner..

In stock

Availlable April 30th

Is this a non-sense or it's me ?

It is in stock but not for sale now....

Read above posts Wink

ghcannon

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:03:42 PM

You guys are getting me pretty scared (Phinnaeus Gage especially, ofcourse)

As an objective person with no actual clue as to what the f*ck is going on here, I'm reluctant to trust both parties.
The fact that I have several $k in orders is making it no easier to take a pick ..

I'd like to ask Matt or bobsag3 or whatever person or alias to please get some tech pictures of progress and/or other proff that this development is going on track (current track that is, not the one initially announced). If you need to wait until tapeout for actual pictures of minion then tell us we'll shut up and wait, it's right around the corner as you said.

Dear BlackArrow, be sure that no less than 70% of people that made orders with you are watching this and some other threads - they just don't sign in and reply.
Now I know the refund terms and whatnot, but all of them asking for a refund because you couldn't properly respond to a few allegations will not be good for you.

I know you could stall delivery until it best suits you, I leave that in the hands of God.
But at least show some more stuff about current state ..

jedimstr

Activity: 798

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:08:48 PM

I remember Butterfly Labs posting tons of pictures and sending "demo units" to journalists and they still "BFL'd" everyone... so BlackArrow showing photos would be more like sticking a bandaid on a gaping, gushing, open wound.  Not gonna do much.

Then again, the fact that they didn't even go as far as Butterfly Labs did during their delays kinda says something as well.

eightcylinders

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 05:58:59 PM

I remember Butterfly Labs posting tons of pictures and sending "demo units" to journalists and they still "BFL'd" everyone... so BlackArrow showing photos would be more like sticking a bandaid on a gaping, gushing, open wound.  Not gonna do much.

Then again, the fact that they didn't even go as far as Butterfly Labs did during their delays kinda says something as well.

I bet that I will see my BFL Monarchs (April Batch) before I see my BA Prospero (Jan Batch).  Sad.

My BTC Addres: 1PMEJCY6ofqmnAdYbdQqToZ7MNSAz35w7v
=>Buy the world's first hardware wallet.   Safer than paper and easier to use than smartphones.  If you use Bitcoin you need this: Buy Trezor!!
FiatKiller

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:44:10 PM

Good job looking out for us, PG. Glad I did not order any! lol

LTC: LdxgJQLUdr8hZ79BV5AYbxkBUdaXctXAPi
MoonCoin Gambling: https://coin-horse.com/MON/
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:45:25 PM

Bruno Kucinskas
406 W. Center St.
Sandwich, IL  60548

how many sandwich shops in your town?  I imagine 5 on every street

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
5craziest

Activity: 92

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:38:55 PM

If they're offering a refund, I'd grab it
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:43:05 PM

Hi ! Well.. PG is just trolling this forum in an unacceptable way.

Read more, post less.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 09:18:58 PM

Correction, there is no trolling.  The information being provided and the holding of supposed responsible parties to account is more than acceptable, it is completely necessary and is one of the few reasons why any disclosure at all is taking place by a company who received funds in good faith from customers but whose good faith is far from being repaid.

You are delusional. Quit trolling and do something productive.

You come to this thread knowing that literally every asic manufacturer has experienced delays and act like you predicted the future when it was the same with BA.

Try not to pat yourself on the back too hard.

Notice how the only ones crying for a refund are the ones without orders from BA?

Seriously fuck off. We all knew that when preordering nonexistent hardware there would be a huge chance of delays and we accepted that fact when ordering.

We will get our (still best priced) hardware eventually and you will continue hopping from thread to thread letting everyone who preordered an asic know exactly how stupid they are.

Get a life
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 09:44:43 PM

Correction, there is no trolling.  The information being provided and the holding of supposed responsible parties to account is more than acceptable, it is completely necessary and is one of the few reasons why any disclosure at all is taking place by a company who received funds in good faith from customers but whose good faith is far from being repaid.

You are delusional. Quit trolling and do something productive.

You come to this thread knowing that literally every asic manufacturer has experienced delays and act like you predicted the future when it was the same with BA.

Try not to pat yourself on the back too hard.

Notice how the only ones crying for a refund are the ones without orders from BA?

Seriously fuck off. We all knew that when preordering nonexistent hardware there would be a huge chance of delays and we accepted that fact when ordering.

We will get our (still best priced) hardware eventually and you will continue hopping from thread to thread letting everyone who preordered an asic know exactly how stupid they are.

Get a life

No mate, you can fuck off yourself asshole. When members of the community provide information that informs the community at large of nefarious dealings, inconsistent statements, broken promises and attempts to defraud, it sure as hell isn't trolling, it's holding people to account.

If you don't like it that's too fucking bad.

I do hope you get your hardware but in the meantime, direct any anger you have to those who've deliberately lied to you about realistic delivery dates, those who've suckered you in to take the investment risk normally taken by venture capitalists who also become part owners in the business and who have dangled you out on the customer thread with very limited upside, that is, assuming you get a product at all.

You may not like it, but your attempts to shout down meaningful criticism do you no service at all.

FUN FACT: Literally EVERYONE who preordered an asic from ANY manufacturer that delivered made a profit in USD if they mined for a week or two then resold the hardware.

The only people who think they are getting scammed are the nerds who think that btc mining must result in a positive ROI in btc and think that the hardware manufacturer can be held accountable for that.

Why are you so mad? The people in this thread who have invested thousands are not even a fraction as irritated as you and PG.

BA is 2 months late. Thats it. If you don't want delays don't preorder a hypothetical product. If you don't mind possible delays and want a spot in line for one of the most cost efficient asics available you might be interested in preordering.

You might want to rethink what you consider "meaningful criticism" because you and PG have done nothing but cry about a delay and scream for refunds even though you never ordered anything from them and never planned to. This is nothing more than "I told you so" but nobody had disagreed in the first place that there would likely be delays.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 09:54:59 PM

So,feb-march-april-maybe in may is 2 months Huh  Looks like 3 months at least if they do deliver by may 1st   Roll Eyes

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
drewage

Activity: 262

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:02:00 PM

Heh... I love this thread.

ernie-

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 10:02:26 PM

Have Black Arrow done the tape out yet?

Last I read, it had been delayed.

Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 367 »
  Print  

Jump to: