Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:58:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 [329] 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s  (Read 786806 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BrianM

Activity: 546
Merit: 510

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 12:12:53 PM

Hey scammers where's my miner you stupid fucking crooks?

this post is most likely scheduled for deletion  Undecided
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BrianM

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 12:25:39 PM

Return our money you scum sucking pigs!

Any chance of a refund?
heslo

Activity: 1154
Merit: 942

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 01:06:29 PM

BA where are our refunds?

MS, where is my fucking refund?

You are all useless, inept big show wannabe's trying to run a company and it clearly shows you couldn't run a bath. Hope you all end up in jail
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 01:56:10 PM

1 year later...

Shenzhen, 28 November 2013: Black Arrow releases the Preliminary datasheet of the Minion ASIC

Shenzhen, 26 September, 2013: Black Arrow is proud to announce that it has upgraded the specifications of its Minion chip to 100 Ghash (up to 128 Ghash when overclocked).

Prospero X-1 will scan 100Ghash while using less than 55 Watts and Prospero X-3 will be able to scan an outstanding 2000Ghash while using less than 1050 Watt.

More details here:
http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com/store/prospero-x-1.html
http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com/store/prospero-x-3.html
http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com/store/minion.html

Customers who have placed and paid the orders until now are offered a free upgrade while customers who have placed orders but not yet paid still have 5 days from today to benefit of the free upgrade.

Our Lancelot customers will continue to benefit of the initial prices until 5th of October. We have emailed all Lancelot customers with information on how to use the trade-in program.

We are currently offering 35% discount to customers who pay their order in full and 20% discount to customers who wish to pay 50% in advance and 50% before shipment. After October 2013 we will reduce the discounts gradually until they reach their full retail price which is $415 for Prospero X1 (100Ghash) and $6999 for Prospero X3 (2000Ghash).

Please note that February deliveries are limited because we will produce a limited number of wafers. The remaining orders will need to wait 1 month more until the 2nd batch.

The current discounts and offers are limited. The promotion will stop once we've covered the engineering costs. We do not aim to make any profit on our first batch of ASICs and our sole target is to cover the manufacturing costs. We have funded more than 70% of the NRE from our own funds. We can get the remaining 30% from various investors but we wish to give our customers the opportunity to benefit of low prices while helping us complete this project.

Shenzhen, 21 September, 2013: Black Arrow has now opened their web-store at www.blackarrowsoftware.com/store and are now taking pre-orders for the Prospero Bitcoin Mining Machines and their Bitcoin ASIC codenamed “the Minion”. The first orders are expected to be shipped at the end of February 2014.

Black Arrow is currently selling the Minion as low as $1.99/Ghash

Black Arrow Ltd has already a proven track record in successfully manufacture bespoke Bitcoin mining hardware at extremely competitive prices using shorter full lifecycle than their competition without compromising the top quality required the highly-competitive niche market.

Black Arrow’s expertise in software engineering, hardware design, manufacture and customer support lead to develop unique solutions addressed to technology savvy clients. Their customized solutions are encompassing the most advanced lithography. The end result is a strong contender for achieving a reliable mining and high revenue backed by reduced costs and with high expectations on the customer satisfaction front.

Black Arrow Ltd are actively monitoring the market to remain competitive and are seeking to become a major player in this field. They are currently offering an attractive offer: customers placing orders now will be protected against any price decrease prior delivery on the original price tag by being offered a proportional increase in hashing power at no extra charge. The sales model on the new line is attractive to their first customers who are guaranteed to receive a much improved deal.

The Prospero line includes two types of crypto currencies mining hardware products: Prospero (X-1) targeting individual customers and Prospero (X-3) targeting the much larger business community (datacenters).

The Prospero (X-1) machine features a compact and stackable design, out of the box functionality, ethernet connectivity and friendly UI with a performance of 64 Ghash/second.

The Prospero (X-3) machine is designed for high performance mining, is fully rack-able and presents out of the box functionality, ethernet connectivity and friendly UI with a performance of 1300 Ghash/second.

Black Arrow Ltd are currently offering a 25% discount on all preorders paid in September and October. The sales price (after applying the advertised discount of 25%) for a Prospero X-1 is $239 and for Prospero X-3 is $3999.

At today’s Bitcoin price and network hashing rate, X-1 would return $523 in 15 days and X-3 would return $10631 in 15 days [1]

Black Arrow Ltd will continue their customer reward scheme by offering the owners of the Lancelot mining devices from the previous line, the chance to upgrade to the Prospero line by returning their products in exchange for a further $300 discount [2].

The Minion ASIC is at the heart of the Prospero mining machines and is built with the performance and the high technical specs expected for Bitcoin mining while guaranteeing the highest efficiency at a lower cost.

The development was delivered by Black Arrow Ltd and VeriSilicon, a leading Custom Silicon Solutions and Semiconductor IP provider. The Minion will be 1500 times more efficient in Bitcoin mining than today’s fastest video card and it will be capable of scanning 64Ghash every second (roughly equivalent is 416Gflops).

The latest Black Arrow’s ASIC is not a contender for making the being the largest chip on the market. Their engineers are confident that this design ensures highest reliability with a very low risk and lowest power consumption. When these ASICs are combined to work together they are performing better than their competition at a lower cost.

You are invited to address your pre-orders and your queries by using the contact details provided on the company’s website: www.blackarrowsoftware.com/store

Preliminary specifications of the Minion ASIC:

Guaranteed speed: higher than 64GHash/second @ TT corner (Typical - Typical).
Node process: 28nm High Performance Process
Package: High Performance Flip Chip BGA
Frequency: 1.6 GHz
Voltage: 0.85V
Efficiency (including leakage): less than 0.5 W/Ghash/second

This ASIC supports internal commands for over-clocking and under-clocking.

[1] As Bitcoin network is currently growing, we expect that the actual revenue by the time of shipment to be lower than this.
[2] Lancelot machines credit can be used against up to 30% of the amount on pre-orders or against up to 50% of the amount on orders. This credit has no cash value.

Shenzhen, 14 September 2013Black Arrow LTD, a successful software and hardware developing company focused on high quality products, launches its Prospero Bitcoin Mining Machines and its Bitcoin ASIC codenamed “the Minion”. The first orders are expected to be shipped at the end of February 2014.

Black Arrow has a proven record of successfully manufacturing and delivering Bitcoin mining hardware on schedule at competitive prices.

Black Arrow’s expertise in software engineering, hardware design, manufacture and customer support lead to develop solutions and answers for the needs of their clients. These solutions combined with today’s most advanced lithography, warrants the customers to get highest and most reliable mining revenue, reduced operating costs and an overall higher customer satisfaction.

Black Arrow promises to do its best to offer lower retail price than its competitors and guarantees that in the eventuality of a price decrease before shipment, all preorders will benefit of a proportional increase in hashing power. For this reason the customers who have been with us from the beginning will always receive the best deals.

The Prospero line includes two types of crypto currencies mining hardware products: one to be used at home and one built for datacenters.

Prospero for home (X-1) features a compact and stackable design, out of the box functionality, ethernet connectivity and friendly UI. It will have a performance of 64 Ghash/second.

Prospero for datacenter (X-3) is designed for high performance mining, will be fully rack-able, have out of the box functionality, ethernet connectivity and friendly UI. It will have a performance of 1300 Ghash/second.

Black Arrow will start shortly taking preorders and offers 25% discount on all preorders paid in September and October. Today, using the 25% discount, one can buy a Prospero X-1 for $239 and Prospero X-3 for $3999.

At today’s Bitcoin price and network hashing rate, X-1 would return $682 in 15 days and X-3 would return $13845 in 15 days (1).

As Black Arrow promised to all the customers who trusted and worked with us from the beginning, everyone who has purchased Black Arrow’s Lancelot mining devices and wishes to exchange them against Black Arrow Prospero miners will receive $300 credit for each Lancelot exchanged (2).

The Minion ASIC which is the heart of the Prospero mining machines and is based on the performance and features demanded by Bitcoin mining: highest efficiency and lowest cost. It is developed by Black Arrow and VeriSilicon, a leading Custom Silicon Solutions and Semiconductor IP provider. The Minion will be 1500 times more efficient in Bitcoin Mining than today’s fastest video card and it will be capable of scanning 64Ghash every second (roughly equivalent is 416Gflops). This design has been chosen to offer highest reliability, lowest power consumption and cost. Black Arrow is not making the biggest chip in the industry but exactly this design ensures highest reliability in case of a Minion breakdown.

(1) As Bitcoin network is currently growing, we expect that the actual revenue by the time of shipment to be lower than this.
(2) Lancelot machines credit can be used against up to 30% of the amount on pre-orders or against up to 50% of the amount on orders. This credit has no cash value.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Mattster28

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 05:39:05 PM

08 Sept 2014: X3 Power supply recall

There have been reports that some X3s are failing. We have located this problem to be caused by the power supply.
Please note that this power supply is not manufactured by Black Arrow and has been purchased from a company in Shenzhen which sold it to us as CE certified.

After thorough investigations the power supply company has reached the conclusion that there are 3 major issues in this PSU and any PSU can fail at any time and it not safe to use. They have currently fixed the issues and are currently testing them.

Please stop using all X3s immediately!

We are recalling the X3 power supplies. Please do not ship your X3 unit or X3 Power supply back to us right now. We will contact the X3 customers later this week with more instructions on how to arrange shipping. If you have an X3 and have not received an email from us this week please contact our customer support immediately.

So now its the PSU? What did BA say the cause was before, caps? Starting to think BA really don't know what's causing the FIRE. If had an X3 or one on the way there would be no way in hell I would plug it in and run it.
musicmaker613

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 05:43:08 PM

Bobsag3, you have sold hardware with defective and potentially hazardous components, as confirmed by BA.  It doesn't matter who made the power supply; MINERSOURCE sold these products in the United States.  So again I'll ask you to address this in the public forum or make an official statement from/on the Minersource website.

* What is your plan of action regarding the present situation?
* How does the present situation not constitute the conditions for a refund as stated in correspondence with your support staff?

SYS: SjFeMefQpgCRWuwRdiN3Hf8V6CkocV3Xdq
DOGE: DG4EwxvNCM5YFBQ8xo7pkEua2Nf1jRMmQg
terrapinflyer

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 05:59:25 PM

Im getting dizzy...
All the deleted posts are getting me disoriented.
MoreBloodWine
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 06:28:22 PM

At this point I'm in the dont really care any more mood, because were either all gonne get our stuff or nothing at all. I've already gotten a half X3 unit but I can't even run the damn thing due to an issue with the PSU or god knows what.

To be decided...
DonRavy

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 07:16:46 PM

Again, where is the CE cert for Black Arrow?
You wouldn't know, as you are not our customer.

I am though. Where's the CE cert? Where are the refunds? Where's the money?
eXOBeX

Activity: 63

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 08:26:38 PM
Last edit: September 08, 2014, 09:15:43 PM by eXOBeX

What I love with BA, either WE customers are guilty, either their providers ... I already mentioned X-1s giving electrical shocks... and the CE sign on the PSUs is the China Export sign, not the CE one !!!

The China Export mark is apparently a misconception, what I suspect these supplies have is a counterfeit Conformité Européenne mark. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CE_marking#China_Export

The X1 PSU definitely has an incorrect CE mark as seen here:-

(screenshot from http://youtu.be/KtxVxqPmN7k?t=2m50s at 2:50)

I believe BA were badgering the PSU manufacturers to shrink the physical size of the PSUs which won't help matters. Here we go, 20th February weekly update (remember those?) parts 6a and 6b. http://ecointalk.net/topic/392-black-arrow-weekly-production-update/

Anybody in the US want to get in touch with Underwriters Laboratories? They take a rather dim view of logo misuse and there's a UL Registered Component mark on those power supplies. http://site.ul.com/global/eng/pages/offerings/services/programs/anticounterfeitingoperations/

How are counterfeit goods discovered? And how can companies/individuals report counterfeiting?

UL works with U.S. Customs and other law enforcement agencies to train personnel how to identify counterfeit products. If you have information about counterfeiting activities or suspicious products, please contact the U.S. Customs hotline at 1-800-ITS-FAKE (1-800-487-3253) or UL to issue a report.

ALSO of note (the deeper the rabbit hole goes) there's no FCC declaration on those power supplies, and for import to the US they appear to require one. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FCC_Declaration_of_Conformity
BrianM

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 08:45:24 PM

That whole BA story, what a mess. That is the one single thing I do not like about bitcoins. In all other cases when people get cheated or scammed, the criminals are brought to justice. But when the payment has been with "bitcoin" then will the criminals always walk free, and even rich too. Not fair.
BrianM

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 08:54:47 PM

That whole BA story, what a mess. That is the one single thing I do not like about bitcoins. In all other cases when people get cheated or scammed, the criminals are brought to justice. But when the payment has been with "bitcoin" then will the criminals always walk free, and even rich too. Not fair.

I paid in USD if it makes you feel better.

Sorry for you loss man Sad I hope you somehow is able to recover some of it.
Hate all those scammers!  Angry
BrianM

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 09:38:21 PM

Ordered an X1 from Minersource in December. Like most, I have asked for a refund on numerous occasions. Communication from them has been close to nil on this issue.

With notice and out of the blue, today I find a delivery notice pasted on my front door. Attempted delivery of a package from Denver.

I'll accept the package tomorrow since refusing it will leave me with nothing in hand, period.

I'll also record the plugin and bootup just in case the PSU explodes as some X1's have done (very exciting:) but after that I have no clue. I don't want to run it 24/7 making chump change, and feel I might get my 100% seller rating burned if I sell it on eBay.

Maybe I'll put it in the litter box and let my cats take dumps on it, unplugged of course.... We'll see.

Good idea about the filming. Most likely will there be a little mushroom cloud over the unit.
eXOBeX

Activity: 63

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:02:14 PM

I don't want to run it 24/7 making chump change, and feel I might get my 100% seller rating burned if I sell it on eBay.
It's yet another gamble, and it's a tricky one. You could spend $10 mining $20 worth of bitcoin, but what will that $20 worth of coin be worth in a year's time? What's a loss today could be a profit tomorrow, it's kind of a 3D gamble pitching power draw versus coins mined versus time.

I'm running mine 24/7 because I can afford to throw the money at it (119 watts 24/7 is probably on a par with smoking one cigarette a day, and I don't smoke).

I feel sorry for the guys who have put four or five figures into Sovu's grasping claws, and I doubt he's going to crawl out of his cave for any BTC conference for fear of getting a pasting or worse.
kingscrown

Activity: 672

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 01:33:52 AM

many people are trying to sell their X3s now even for really bad prices - do not buy or risk your home burnt

MoreBloodWine
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:11:02 AM

Whats sad but funny all at the same time is how many people they think might consider a pre order of LTC equipment after the current fiasco. That being said, wasnt it said once before by BA that they would avoid preorders after all this current stuff ?

To be decided...
heslo

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:17:36 AM

Whats sad but funny all at the same time is how many people they think might consider a pre order of LTC equipment after the current fiasco. That being said, wasnt it said once before by BA that they would avoid preorders after all this current stuff ?

And it's not like BA to lie is it?
heslo

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 03:43:36 AM

Ahaha they're fucked now, everyone can see what type of scum they are
CryptoGuy

Activity: 524

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 04:37:16 AM

So does that mean compensation will be shipping soon?

<Insert favorite coin here>
kingscrown

Activity: 672

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 04:38:03 AM

do not coutn on refunds guys....

this stuff is propably dead

Pages: « 1 ... 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 [329] 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 »
  Print  

Jump to: