Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:06:28 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitburner Fury - Hashrate Protection  (Read 250126 times)
eraziel

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 02:58:10 PM

No, the board is not ready.
It is still in development.
zulover

Activity: 583
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 03:10:45 PM

100 off and ill order 5 more
eraziel

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 03:16:44 PM

No worries, there are supposedly plenty of people that would buy at this price.
Good luck to all parties involved.
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 03:22:07 PM

the best performance they got out of these chips till now was 2.7Gh/s, so I would like to see it hashing at the "demonstrated 64Gh/s",  and the stated 40-80Gh/s is so unacceptable, this is a huge scope (a factor of 2), it would be closer to logic if you said 70-80 Gh/s or 55-60 Gh/s, but 40-80 Gh/s is called cheating.

and again I would like to know what is the answer about your prices ? you have to make a statement today as tomorrow is the last day to pre-order for Octobers first week delivery .
cryptx (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 03:25:20 PM

the best performance they got out of these chips till now was 2.7Gh/s, so I would like to see it hashing at the "demonstrated 64Gh/s",  and the stated 40-80Gh/s is so unacceptable, this is a huge scope (a factor of 2), it would be closer to logic if you said 70-80 Gh/s or 55-60 Gh/s, but 40-80 Gh/s is called cheating.

and again I would like to know what is the answer about your prices ? you have to make a statement today as tomorrow is the last day to pre-order for Octobers first week delivery .

This weekend Burnin already reached 4 GH/s.

alfabitcoin

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 03:28:13 PM

One chip hashing at 4 ghs is one thing and all 16 chips hashing at 4 ghs in another matter.
Do you have a 16 asic chip board hashing at 64 ghs or just one chip?
Its a simple question.
tarmi
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 03:28:35 PM

but 4 GH per chip is one thing, and 64 GH per board is another!

if we give you 800 euros for first week of october delivery, are you saying that you are guaranteeing 64 GH speed?
cryptx (OP)

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 03:31:16 PM

One chip hashing at 4 ghs is one thing and all 16 chips hashing at 4 ghs in another matter.
Its a simple question.

We have a confirmed hashrate of 4Gh/s per chip. Burnin is in the process of testing this on a prototype board.
mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 03:32:13 PM

care to prove you statement....

and problem is not the price only, the problem is that we do not know the specification of these boards yet, there is no prove that they got the chips working at 4 Gh/s to get the midle 60Gh/s and there is just no prove for that 80Gh/s all what we know that the board work between 40-80Gh/s which is a crazy and illogical scope... this is why I cant tell what is the real value of these boards, and this is why I have to say that they will perform only at 40Gh/s (the minimum) in this case they are soooooo expansive and the price is unacceptable.  
shapemaker

Activity: 238

I run Linux on my abacus.

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 03:35:31 PM

Its a simple question.

We have a confirmed hashrate of 4Gh/s per chip. Burnin is in the process of testing this on a prototype board.

Notice how he dodges all the important questions about his product:
  • hashrate guarantee
  • pricing issues
  • single chip vs full board hashrate
  • huge spread of 40-80Ghash/s "promises"
  • proof of working hardware

This is not how a reputable seller behaves!

cryptx, care to answer why you feel you can take 40% margin when burnin even gets less?

Shut up and give me money: 115UAYWLPTcRQ2hrT7VNo84SSFE5nT5ozo
mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 03:36:32 PM

anyone thinking about ordering these boards at this price, please try to use paypal, there is no problem if you risk your money for a better reward, but if they fail to get these chips working at these speeds or if they fail to deliver you just open a paypal dispute and charge back.

alfabitcoin

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 03:52:27 PM

anyone thinking about ordering these boards at this price, please try to use paypal, there is no problem if you risk your money for a better reward, but if they fail to get these chips working at these speeds or if they fail to deliver you just open a paypal dispute and charge back.

But even with paypal if you order and get a board hashing at 40ghs and not more, they can chalange your dispute and claim that they are within spec adverised.
FlappySocks

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 03:57:02 PM

But even with paypal if you order and get a board hashing at 40ghs and not more, they can chalange your dispute and claim that they are within spec adverised.

Oh gawd.  what a mess.
mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 03:58:14 PM

yes this is true, then they really have to show proves for a hashing board and they have to change the specs based on what they really got, just then if the price is right we we can order, otherwise this is a total rip-off
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 04:48:06 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2013, 05:09:18 PM by RoadStress

care to prove you statement....

and problem is not the price only, the problem is that we do not know the specification of these boards yet, there is no prove that they got the chips working at 4 Gh/s to get the midle 60Gh/s and there is just no prove for that 80Gh/s all what we know that the board work between 40-80Gh/s which is a crazy and illogical scope... this is why I cant tell what is the real value of these boards, and this is why I have to say that they will perform only at 40Gh/s (the minimum) in this case they are soooooo expansive and the price is unacceptable.  

The 40-80Gh/s is false advertising. The board works at 64Gh/s. Period. There is nothing more over 64Gh/s yet!

Edit: After thinking i will order some boards, but i have a problem with the 40-64Ghash spread. cryptx or burnin please confirm that each ordered board will have at least 60Ghash/s. I don't want boards hashing at 40Ghash/s. I have also sent you an e-mail and i hope to get a quick reply.

FlappySocks

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 05:12:46 PM

I dont think there will be any problem getting your money back, if it doesn't do 64 GHs.  Use a credit card with PayPal.  Then if PayPal wont refund, you can always do a chargeback on the CC.
alfabitcoin

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 05:20:46 PM

I dont think there will be any problem getting your money back, if it doesn't do 64 GHs.  Use a credit card with PayPal.  Then if PayPal wont refund, you can always do a chargeback on the CC.
There is a risk if you do cc chargeback not to use paypal ever again. Paypal will simple denie you future service.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 05:22:49 PM

I dont think there will be any problem getting your money back, if it doesn't do 64 GHs.  Use a credit card with PayPal.  Then if PayPal wont refund, you can always do a chargeback on the CC.

Well not sure. They state the board performs between 40-80Ghash. If they deliver with 40Ghash then it's in the advertised specs and i'm not sure i can get a refund for this.

cryptx or burnin i'm waiting for a confirmation and maybe some proof for the actual speed of the boards and not some guesstimates

jlsminingcorp

Activity: 493

Hooray for non-equilibrium thermodynamics!

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 05:26:52 PM

There is a risk if you do cc chargeback not to use paypal ever again. Paypal will simple denie you future service.

Is that really true? Sure it may be possible if you continually charge back for things ordered on your account, but it seems unlikely if you use this function once or twice. If a business has too many chargebacks against it then I do think that paypal will stop supporting them, but I'm not so sure about consumers.

Bitcoin can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
BitFury ASIC miner hosted group buy [DONE MINING]
alfabitcoin

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 05:31:40 PM

I dont think there will be any problem getting your money back, if it doesn't do 64 GHs.  Use a credit card with PayPal.  Then if PayPal wont refund, you can always do a chargeback on the CC.

Is that really true? Sure it may be possible if you continually charge back for things ordered on your account, but it seems unlikely if you use this function once or twice. If a business has too many chargebacks against it then I do think that paypal will stop supporting them, but I'm not so sure about consumers.
Its a risk and how paypal will procees depend. But if paypal determined that you do not have a case and refuse your dispute and you go with chargeback, its most likely they see as violation and blacklist your paypal account.

If you get a board hashing at 40 ghs but not higher, seller can claim that is within advertised specifications and I think they would have a point.

Cryptx need to address this.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: