Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 03:17:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitburner Fury - Hashrate Protection  (Read 250120 times)
bulltrap

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 03:14:45 PM

UPDATE 16/09/2013

Hashrate protection

These refunds will be given when the tested hashrate of the board is below 64 GH/s:

• 100€ refund for each board
  • 600€ refund for each 8 boards unit

BTW, who will test the boards for hashrate guarantee?

Is the refund in cash, or store credit? Mind, if you've paid with BitPay, there's already around 10% conversion loss from BTC -> EUR.

Have you bought one?

I kinda had to make an order to get at least some money back from my canceled BitBurner XXs...

Hmm, in another topic you claimed to have some info about another distributor that you couldn't disclose and now you made order from cryptx yourself? Starting to feel like those rumors by a couple users were just to prevent everyone from ordering from cryptx.
FlappySocks

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 03:23:29 PM

I bought just one board to use up my refund too.  cryptx have the database of my funds, so I guess it's inclusive to them.  If they drop the price, I will add more to my order.
shapemaker

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

I run Linux on my abacus.

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 03:29:59 PM

UPDATE 16/09/2013

Hashrate protection

These refunds will be given when the tested hashrate of the board is below 64 GH/s:

Is the refund in cash, or store credit? Mind, if you've paid with BitPay, there's already around 10% conversion loss from BTC -> EUR.

Have you bought one?

I kinda had to make an order to get at least some money back from my canceled BitBurner XXs...

Hmm, in another topic you claimed to have some info about another distributor that you couldn't disclose and now you made order from cryptx yourself? Starting to feel like those rumors by a couple users were just to prevent everyone from ordering from cryptx.

I never claimed I had info on another distributor. I just had an email from burnin which he asked me to not disclose, so that's that. I do wish, however, that there'd be another distributor with sane pricing.

I had a 15 board BitBurner XX order in earlier, and I had to choose if I'd want to lose 30% or 50% of that money. You do the math. And since they don't do partial refunds, I had to order 2 boards to cover the full cost of the "refund". Seriously, stop being paranoid.

*IF* the price had been reasonable, I'd have put in an order for 15-20 boards, but as it is, the price is ridiculous, so I didn't

Shut up and give me money: 115UAYWLPTcRQ2hrT7VNo84SSFE5nT5ozo
bulltrap

Activity: 76

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 03:32:40 PM

UPDATE 16/09/2013

Hashrate protection

Have you bought one?

I never claimed I had info on another distributor. I just had an email from burnin which he asked me to not disclose, so that's that.

I had a 15 board BitBurner XX order in earlier, and I had to choose if I'd want to lose 30% or 50% of that money. You do the math. And since they don't do partial refunds, I had to order 2 boards to cover the full cost of the "refund". Seriously, stop being paranoid.

Guess I've spent too much time on securities section of this forum, the amount of fud in there is going to make everyone paranoid.
Toolhead

Activity: 178
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 03:36:59 PM

does anyone received already a coupon? i want to order bitfuries for my refund.
server
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1002

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 05:12:01 PM

Would it be possible to upgrade Bitfury boards to BitBurner Fury ?

25 Ghash -> 40-80 GH/s

cryptx (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 05:57:49 PM

Would it be possible to upgrade Bitfury boards to BitBurner Fury ?

25 Ghash -> 40-80 GH/s

This is not possible because our boards use an external clock to reach a higher hashrate.
zulover

Activity: 583

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 05:59:11 PM

How about the delivery schedule syill on track I hope
shade88

Activity: 119

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 12:12:07 AM

How about the delivery schedule syill on track I hope

These are pictures of the proto-type boards. Mass production starts next week in Germany.
jlsminingcorp

Activity: 493

Hooray for non-equilibrium thermodynamics!

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 01:10:10 PM

Hi Cryptx and Burnin. Since we're getting close to your estimated shipping date can you give us some guidance on the power supply and other requirements for the bitfury burners so that we can be ready to go when they arrive?

I noticed on the prototype (and on your website) that there appear to be PCIe, barrel jack and terminals for power connection (as in the bitburnerXX). Is the plan still for all of these be present on the production boards and if so is any method of powering the board preferred? What is the current required from the power supply for a bitfury burner running at 64 GH/s? Do you have any other recommendations for the type/power etc. of PSU that we should be using?

I presume that we will need a specifically modified version of cgminer to control the miner, could you give us a download link for this? Is there anything else that we need to put into place before the hardware arrives (apart from a host PC/RPi)?

Bitcoin can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
BitFury ASIC miner hosted group buy [DONE MINING]
juve4v

Activity: 505

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 07:42:02 PM

I presume that we will need a specifically modified version of cgminer to control the miner, could you give us a download link for this? Is there anything else that we need to put into place before the hardware arrives (apart from a host PC/RPi)?

I'd also like to know if cgminer will be supported
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 08:04:49 PM

Some images of the board:
Very nice, pity about the commercial price of what once started as a great DIY project.

Very pity about the greedy assholes behind the cryptx name you mean?

Do take note that they gouge money out of us who are in a pinch to get at least something back from the Avalon fiasco, then turn around and use that money to build their own hashing farm to make sure we'll never even break even.

Every vendor seems set to screw everyone as hard as they can.

you seem to have missed the class on FREE MARKET 101.

they are building devices that make money, and can easily be utilized to make money for themselves. (some people will bitch about a manufacturer deploying massive hashrate)
they are making these available at a price that people will apparently pay. (some people will bitch about charging out the ass)
they can mine and make money with thier hardware if people arnt paying the advertised price, and itll be up to them to decide if they want to mine or drop the price to offload units (which, again, people will bitch is unfair to the buyers)

IT IS FAIR. They made a design, they built the design, and they have right to use the product as they see fit (selling it for a profit, or mining on it for a profit), and have every right in the world to decide what price to sell at, if at all. For every complaining 'it wont ROI' post in the asicminer thread, 5 people made purchases

if im missing something, please fill me in...

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 08:35:26 PM

Some images of the board:
Very nice, pity about the commercial price of what once started as a great DIY project.

Do take note that they gouge money out of us who are in a pinch to get at least something back from the Avalon fiasco, then turn around and use that money to build their own hashing farm to make sure we'll never even break even.

you seem to have missed the class on FREE MARKET 101.

they are building devices that make money, and can easily be utilized to make money for themselves. (some people will bitch about a manufacturer deploying massive hashrate)
they are making these available at a price that people will apparently pay. (some people will bitch about charging out the ass)
they can mine and make money with thier hardware if people arnt paying the advertised price, and itll be up to them to decide if they want to mine or drop the price to offload units (which, again, people will bitch is unfair to the buyers)

IT IS FAIR. They made a design, they built the design, and they have right to use the product as they see fit (selling it for a profit, or mining on it for a profit), and have every right in the world to decide what price to sell at, if at all. For every complaining 'it wont ROI' post in the asicminer thread, 5 people made purchases

yes you are missing allot, you know that people paid for the bitburner xx, and x, didn't get a product because of Yifu fucking the hole community. then burnin stated that he cant refund 100% of the money paid because he will bankrupt, which is understandable, it wasn't his fault that Yifu fucked up. but he offered an upgrade to these boards and estimated the cost to 470€+VAT. or 50% refund in mid of October.

now go again to the first post and read all the 8 pages and get back and tell me what you think ?  

all this started as DIY, for miners and manufactures profit, people showed all support to burnin and put faith on him, now this fuckers turned this up in the wrong direction. so how do you expect people to not bitch about it ?

just for the record, I already given up on this one.
FlappySocks

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 08:35:36 PM

Ok, I will try.

Your at Miami airport, waiting to fly back to England.
Your hungry.
You go to McDonalds, and hand them your last $10.
Just as soon as they take your cash, there is a power outage.
"Sorry Sir, we cant cook your order, and we have already bought the ingredients"
"We can give you $5 back now, or a voucher for $7.50 at Burger King just round the corner."
"We estimate that will buy you a Whopper Meal."

So you take the voucher. Only when you get to Burger King, there is a minimum $30 spend valid only in Miami airport.

You go back to McDonalds.  They say Burger King have now got your $5.  You ask how that is, and they roll down the shutters.
jlsminingcorp

Activity: 493

Hooray for non-equilibrium thermodynamics!

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 08:43:38 PM

Ok, I will try.

Your at Miami airport, waiting to fly back to England.
Your hungry.
You go to McDonalds, and hand them your last $10.
Just as soon as they take your cash, there is a power outage.
"Sorry Sir, we cant cook your order, and we have already bought the ingredients"
"We can give you $5 back now, or a voucher for $7.50 at Burger King just round the corner."
"We estimate that will buy you a Whopper Meal."

So you take the voucher. Only when you get to Burger King, there is a minimum $30 spend valid only in Miami airport.

You go back to McDonalds.  They say Burger King have now got your $5.  You ask how that is, and they roll down the shutters.

You've got a great imagination, ever thought about writing a novel Wink.

Cryptx, can we get some clarity on PSUs and cgminer (see above) so that we can be prepared for our burgers to arrive?

Bitcoin can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
BitFury ASIC miner hosted group buy [DONE MINING]
zulover

Activity: 583

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 08:53:17 PM

also if the bitfuries will be on schedule time deliver 1st week oct?
FlappySocks

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 09:12:32 PM

You've got a great imagination, ever thought about writing a novel Wink.

No, but I could probably write something along the lines of how to make your fortune selling ASICs, and getting away with it.

Burnin is heading in that direction with his silence. It's been too long.
shapemaker

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

I run Linux on my abacus.

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 12:30:51 AM

yadda yadda FREE MARKET 101 yadda yadda
[...]

Yeah indeed you're missing some crucial things that would have saved you from looking like a bumbling dullard - like actually knowing what you're talking about. I suggest the next time you feel like trying to lecture someone, you do your research on the topic first. Will save you from embarrassment in the future Wink

tl;dr learn to read

Shut up and give me money: 115UAYWLPTcRQ2hrT7VNo84SSFE5nT5ozo
cryptx (OP)

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 08:06:31 AM

I noticed on the prototype (and on your website) that there appear to be PCIe, barrel jack and terminals for power connection (as in the bitburnerXX). Is the plan still for all of these be present on the production boards and if so is any method of powering the board preferred? What is the current required from the power supply for a bitfury burner running at 64 GH/s? Do you have any other recommendations for the type/power etc. of PSU that we should be using?

PCIe, barrel jack and terminals for power connection are also available on the Bitburner Fury boards. We have no exact power consumption of the board yet, so it's impossible to say what power supply you should use. You can assume the board is not going to use more than 100Watt, but if you want the exact number you have to wait.

Cgminer will be provided for download on our site. We will sent out an email to all customers when it is available.
cchan

Activity: 379

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 09:02:10 AM

What is the delivery time if I order now?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: