Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 07:08:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitburner Fury - Hashrate Protection  (Read 250127 times)
shade88

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 04:30:08 PM

Order number?

#107x

BTC refund received, thanks cryptx.
mtbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 876
Merit: 1000

Etherscan.io

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 04:50:14 PM

For those having trouble reflashing, perform these steps in exact order-make sure board is not powered or conected via USB, first :

1.Start pic32prog.exe
2.Connect the USB cable -if you have already plugged in the mini USB end, leave it and just disconnect/conect the USB end to PC.
3.Power cycle the board
4.Click on connect tab from  pc32prog in 5s
5.Reflash

Edit: So far I'm experiencing some problems with original fw+ cgminer 3.6.1 or  3.6.2, so I 'm on 3.5.1 now testing more . I didn't reflash my board yet cause I'm ok with performance so far, getting arround 51 Gh/s on  280/1390.I also set cgwatcher to monitor and restart the board every 5 h.

Will try later and will also post a small review. Have you tried 3.6.4? I was having some issues with 3.6.1 (some kind of memory leak and cgminer was closing when ran out of memory), but it seems fixed with the last version.

Yup no luck with 3.6.1.

EtherScan::Ethereum Block Explorer | BlockScan::Coming Soon
mtbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 876
Merit: 1000

Etherscan.io

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 05:06:44 PM

Refund received. Thanks Cryptx.

Its a pity though that the boards were not able to reach the targeted hash rates

EtherScan::Ethereum Block Explorer | BlockScan::Coming Soon
mikep2012

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 05:20:47 PM

Refund received. Thanks Cryptx.

Its a pity though that the boards were not able to reach the targeted hash rates

did you sent some refund request?
or its done on order base?

i've also paid with btc and would like to get refund for missing hashrate. 

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
   ██████ ▄████▀  ▄███████
  ████████████   ██████████
 ▐██████████▀  ▄███████████▌
 ██████████   █████▀████████
 ████████▀  ▄████▀  ███████▌
  ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
   ████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
    ▀████████▄  ▄███████▀
      ▀▀█████████████▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
   ██████ ▄████▀  ▄███████
   ████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
    ▀████████▄  ▄███████▀
      ▀▀█████████████▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ANN THREAD
▬▬▬▬
BOUNTY
TWITTER
▬▬▬▬
FACEBOOK
SLACK
▬▬▬▬
TELEGRAM
MEDIUM
▬▬▬▬
LINKEDIN
           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
   ██████ ▄████▀  ▄███████
   ████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
    ▀████████▄  ▄███████▀
      ▀▀█████████████▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
juve4v

Activity: 505
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 05:43:19 PM

The email is this:

"Hello,

As announced, we will issue a hashrate protection refund. You are entitled for a refund of 100,- EUR per board or 600,- EUR per 8 boards unit.

Since you paid your order by BitPay or wire transfer we can process your refund in the following ways:
- Refund in BTC at the current Bitstamp exchange rate of 168.78 USD/BTC
- Refund in EUR by wire transfer

Please reply to this mail and specify your BTC refund address or Bank wire details and Order Number(s) so we can swiftly process your refund.

Thanks,

CryptX team"

I received my refund in BTC 10 min after I sent the email. Thank you!
Roy Badami

Activity: 563

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 06:02:06 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2013, 07:38:32 PM by Roy Badami

Would it be possible to make it listen to "--bitburner-fury-options" instead of the --avalon-options parameter? That would make it possible to run both Bitburner XX and Bitburner Fury devices in 1 CGminer window.

I have a cgminer fork here that supports --bitburner-fury-options

https://github.com/roybadami/cgminer

For backwards compatibility the Bitburner Fury boards will continue to respect --avalon-options if the new option isn't specified.  I'll submit a pull request in a while, but would be good if someone other than me were to test this.

I'm currently mining with a stack of two Bitburner XX boards and a stack of two Bitburner Fury boards using the following options:

Code:
cgminer --avalon-options 115200:4:10:d:431 --bitburner-voltage 1300 
        --bitburner-fury-options 115200:32:10:d:275 --bitburner-fury-voltage 1050
        --avalon-cutoff 62

NOTE:  For this to be useful you need to be running one of the new BBF firmware versions on your Fury boards.  This also means you need to specify the true core voltage for the Bitburner Fury boards - see my post here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=294735.msg3364756#msg3364756
h@shKraker

Activity: 403

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 06:19:46 PM

I believe I may have found something interesting.  In my two board set I’ve never gotten above 64Ghash (yes, that’s 32Ghash per board …. Way below the advertised 40Ghash minimum).  As the pair seemed to hash away I remember that when cgminer 3.6.3 comes up it says it is idling 32 miners.  I expect this as between the two boards there are 32 chips.  But why the abysmal hash rate I wondered?!?!?!  I could see what looked like the second board hashing due to the regularly blinking yellow / orange LED *BUT* the hash rate of the pair did not cause me to like the idea that said boards were only hashing at a max of 32Ghash each (edit … that REALLY pissed me off and caused the colorfully descriptive words I learned from my Navy grandpa as a young man to come flying out …. separated by commas of course for grammatical correctness).  In any case I decided to power down the second board in the cluster to see if my hash rate stayed the same.  What do you know, with the second board powered down the hash rate stayed EXACTLY the same.  In my mind this means that cgminer was never really hashing anything on the second board.  Keep in mind that second board is like many other folks boards in that the mini-USB connector tore off under only the weight of the USB cable (which, IMHO, SUCKS GIANT DONKEY BALLS).  Though I was able to upgrade the firmware on the USB connected board I have NOT been able to do that on the one that is missing the USB connector (which is the one I powered down).  I believe this might be why cgminer cannot hash on that second board.  For reference here’s what my cgminer startup line looks like now that I’ve upgraded the firmware on that USB connected board ->

./cgminer -o stratum+tcp://stratum.triplemining.com:3334 -u jameseastman_BurnerFury -p password --avalon-options 115200:32:10:d:290 --avalon-fan 100 --bitburner-fury-voltage 1100

For additional reference the USB connected board is running the firmware bitburner-fury-firmware_1.2.6_BBF.hex . 
As a test I pulled off the CAN-BUS cable and tested each pin with my multimeter to make sure I had good connectivity on each pin and NO shorts between pins.  That test showed no shorts across the ribbon cable wires and EXCELLENT connectivity from headerplug-to-headerplug.

I’d like to upgrade the firmware on the second board with the torn off USB connector BUT I’m not quite sure how to do that.  I remember someone posted a link to what looks like a Jtag programmer BUT I can’t find that link.  Could someone repost that link to that device and maybe some instructions on how I’d use it to put that matching firmware on the second board?  Many thanks.

H@shKraker

Tips/Payments: 1HaZvsUjJpcAf76QWg7Muu4mnWRWCrRNMs
Roy Badami

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 07:03:16 PM

I could see what looked like the second board hashing due to the regularly blinking yellow / orange LED

If the board is hashing you should see activity on the red light too.
Roy Badami

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 07:12:54 PM

I could see what looked like the second board hashing due to the regularly blinking yellow / orange LED

If the board is hashing you should see activity on the red light too.

Oh, you did install terminator jumpers on both your boards, as per the instructions?  Both ends of the CANBUS need termination (in a two board setup that means both boards).

Neither my Bitburner XX nor Bitburner Fury boards came with the required jumpers - my two-board Fury setup only had jumpers installed on one of the boards, and my two-board Bitburner XX setup didn't come with jumpers at all.  So you may need to go and find some jumpers, if your boards didn't ship with them.

roy
h@shKraker

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 07:20:02 PM

Yes, both boards have terminator jumpers on the J7 and J8 jumpers.

H@shKraker

shapemaker

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

I run Linux on my abacus.

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 07:27:49 PM

Yes, both boards have terminator jumpers on the J7 and J8 jumpers.

Make sure you have the jumpers in the correct orientation too. They won't work if you have them sideways.

Shut up and give me money: 115UAYWLPTcRQ2hrT7VNo84SSFE5nT5ozo
h@shKraker

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 07:38:37 PM

Well ... If we think of the beginning of the board being the fan end and the end of the board being the POS USB connector end I have my jumpers running from the beginning of the board to the end of the board (by jumpers I mean a small piece of wire soldered across the jumper pins).  Further, when I check the circuit with my multimeter it shows connectivity across the pins.

H@shKraker

h@shKraker

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 07:51:38 PM

Another thing is that the second board also got as warm as the first.  If it weren't hashing wouldn't it be noticeably cooler?

H@shKraker

Roy Badami

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 08:07:00 PM

Another thing is that the second board also got as warm as the first.  If it weren't hashing wouldn't it be noticeably cooler?

H@shKraker

Another thought: no one else has managed to get a single board to hash anywhere near 64GH/s - mine hash at about 46GH/s but some people get slightly more, some slightly less.

In the unlikely event that you were lucky enough to get one board that hashes at 64GH/s, it's still highly unlikely that your second board can hash at anywhere near the speed.  I've had boards stop hashing until I power cycled them if I tried to push them way faster than they were capable.  Try reducing your clock speed and your second board might mine.

ETA: I see you posted your cgminer options.  A frequency setting of 290 is pretty high.  Start at 256 and work up from there - I mine at 275 but everyone's boards are different.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 08:14:52 PM

For those having trouble reflashing, perform these steps in exact order-make sure board is not powered or conected via USB, first :

1.Start pic32prog.exe
2.Connect the USB cable -if you have already plugged in the mini USB end, leave it and just disconnect/conect the USB end to PC.
3.Power cycle the board
4.Click on connect tab from  pc32prog in 5s
5.Reflash

Edit: So far I'm experiencing some problems with original fw+ cgminer 3.6.1 or  3.6.2, so I 'm on 3.5.1 now testing more . I didn't reflash my board yet cause I'm ok with performance so far, getting arround 51 Gh/s on  280/1390.I also set cgwatcher to monitor and restart the board every 5 h.

Ok that worked. Thank you! You should have a tip address in your signature Wink

Here is my small review:

PROS:  Very good idea with the small boxes for boards!! Good packaging overall.
          Thank you cryptx for providing with jumpers and with a CAN bus cable and all the needed accessories. I've read that some people didn't received CAN bus and i was really scared about that.
          No problems so far with the USB plug.

CONS: One week later than anticipated.
          Low performance.

Overall i'm ok with my order. The lack of pictures before taking money made me think there will be some problems so i was prepared. Learned my lesson.

RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 08:17:46 PM

Another thing is that the second board also got as warm as the first.  If it weren't hashing wouldn't it be noticeably cooler?

H@shKraker

Another thought: no one else has managed to get a single board to hash anywhere near 64GH/s - mine hash at about 46GH/s but some people get slightly more, some slightly less.

In the unlikely event that you were lucky enough to get one board that hashes at 64GH/s, it's still highly unlikely that your second board can hash at anywhere near the speed.  I've had boards stop hashing until I power cycled them if I tried to push them way faster than they were capable.  Try reducing your clock speed and your second board might mine.

ETA: I see you posted your cgminer options.  A frequency setting of 290 is pretty high.  Start at 256 and work up from there - I mine at 275 but everyone's boards are different.

What voltage do you use for 275? I mine at 265 with 980 and i get 48GH/s per board with very low hw errors.

Roy Badami

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 08:40:47 PM

What voltage do you use for 275? I mine at 265 with 980 and i get 48GH/s per board with very low hw errors.

Oh, maybe I need to experiment a bit more then.  I'm using 1050mV - I'll try your parameters.

roy
Roy Badami

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 08:49:45 PM

Would it be possible to make it listen to "--bitburner-fury-options" instead of the --avalon-options parameter? That would make it possible to run both Bitburner XX and Bitburner Fury devices in 1 CGminer window.

I have a cgminer fork here that supports --bitburner-fury-options

https://github.com/roybadami/cgminer

For backwards compatibility the Bitburner Fury boards will continue to respect --avalon-options if the new option isn't specified.  I'll submit a pull request in a while, but would be good if someone other than me were to test this.

I'm currently mining with a stack of two Bitburner XX boards and a stack of two Bitburner Fury boards using the following options:

Code:
cgminer --avalon-options 115200:4:10:d:431 --bitburner-voltage 1300 
        --bitburner-fury-options 115200:32:10:d:275 --bitburner-fury-voltage 1050
        --avalon-cutoff 62

NOTE:  For this to be useful you need to be running one of the new BBF firmware versions on your Fury boards.  This also means you need to specify the true core voltage for the Bitburner Fury boards - see my post here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=294735.msg3364756#msg3364756

I've submited the changes back to cgminer, so with any luck this option might get into official builds soon: https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/pull/509
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 09:42:53 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2013, 10:52:26 PM by RoadStress

Anyone tried undervolting the chips?

Edit: I can't seem to find the right voltage for 270. I get the same performance as 265 with many voltage settings.

ZBC3

Activity: 361

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 11:42:25 PM

Instructions for updating boards with broken USB port.

I was successful on my first attempt to update the board using these instructions.

The instructions came from asic-hardware email reply

Required Item: PICkit 3 DV164131 (I was told this version only)

Here are some guidelines to install the firmware onto the board:

If there was an install CD, you should install the drivers.
You will need to install MPLAB X IPE ( http://www.microchip.com/mplabx-ide-windows-installer ).

Startup MPLABX IPE (if you have version 1.9, you will need to downgrade to v1.8 as it has a bug).
You can downgrade by replacing the ipe.jar located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\MPLABX\mplab_ide\bin

If downgrade is successful, start up MPLABX IPE again, select 'Settings' -> 'Advanced Mode' -> enter password 'microchip' -> 'logon'

on the screen select the following options:
- Family: 32-Bit MCUs
- Device: PIC32MX564F128H
- Tool: select available PICKIT3 tool (make sure it is inserted into the USB)

Press 'Apply'

Source: use the browse button to select the 'BitBurnerFury_for_production.hex' file (see attachment)
SQTP / Serial: use the browse button to select 'Serials_7FFA.num' file

Power up the board and place the PicKit3 on the 5 pins on the board (you see 5 pins aligned on the board, first pin is the one closest to you, the front-side of the pickKit3 (side with the text ans arrow) should be faced towards the left side of the board (the side where the CAN-BUS is located).

Press 'Connect'.
If connection is succesfull, press 'Program'

After 'Program' is completed, the new firmware is installed and you can disconnect the PicKit and use your board for mining.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: