Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:04:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NPlusMiner - |MultiRig remote management|AI|Autoupdate|Pool/Algo switching  (Read 37336 times)
jimmykl

Activity: 349
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 10:14:20 AM

I still do not understand the principle of measuring profitability in the miner. As far as I have understood, after initial benchmarking the miner calculates and chooses the most profitable algo. But i dont understand how the main screen revenue is calculated. It is derived from the pool data during the last several hours? What is the time period for that calculation? So these are average, not current earnings, and current earnings can be seen in benchmarks?

And a stupid question https://clip2net.com/s/3TnqKjp
Does it calculate the sum for zergpool and zergpoolplus? maybe the actual earnings are twice lower?

Does this help?
https://github.com/MrPlusGH/NPlusMiner-Documentation/wiki/Estimations-and-Projections

You are right. You should not select several variants of the same pool. This makes no sense from an estimations perspective and will give weird mining decisions. It will results in showing wrong values for BTC/D as well.

*Now* I realise I shouldn't have both ahashpool and the Plus next to it checked <facepalm>
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
klepikolse

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:13:20 PM
Last edit: April 13, 2018, 07:42:33 AM by klepikolse

I still do not understand the principle of measuring profitability in the miner. As far as I have understood, after initial benchmarking the miner calculates and chooses the most profitable algo. But i dont understand how the main screen revenue is calculated. It is derived from the pool data during the last several hours? What is the time period for that calculation? So these are average, not current earnings, and current earnings can be seen in benchmarks?

Does it calculate the sum for zergpool and zergpoolplus? maybe the actual earnings are twice lower?

Does this help?
https://github.com/MrPlusGH/NPlusMiner-Documentation/wiki/Estimations-and-Projections

You are right. You should not select several variants of the same pool. This makes no sense from an estimations perspective and will give weird mining decisions. It will results in showing wrong values for BTC/D as well.

Thank you very much! Though it was a little disappointing, at least now i know the truth. Thanks for the new article in documentation, it's really helpful.
And another question is - why is the difference between benchmarked estamates and actual income so big? The hashes are the same, but the actual income is twice lower that the estimated. I would understand 10-20% lifference, but not 50%.

Btw, soes the miner updeate the benchmarks after using an algo? Is seems to me that it does, but i might be wrong

THE GOVERNMENT NETWORK                                                                                                    
The 1st Decentralized Borderless Nation   ||   Be a Pioneer, Participate in Our Crowdsale!
Whitepaper          Lite Paper          Telegram          Facebook          Twitter          Medium          Github
skablast

Activity: 476
Merit: 19

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 04:27:58 PM

a couple of question:
I have a rig with 6 1050ti and Xevan, with the Nplus 2.2 doesn't start. it open  but it close immediately. Nplus doesn't recognize it so isn't closing it? What to do ? It worked on the 2.1, same rig.

X17: I have two rigs mining ahashpool and zergpool as I'm trying to decide which pool is better because with two it take too long to reash the payment limit. Always X17 is mined on Ahash pool and not on Zergpool, even if the pool show higher returns(generic on the pool). Why ?

last: in the switch windows, last column width is not large enough: i normally read only stratum//tcp/ algo.mine.

can we have 8 caracter more so I can read if its zerg or ahash pool ?
manc

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 04:59:50 PM

Does this help?

Sidebar: The BTC/Day value shown by NPlusMiner at the top of the window is the sum of what your making on all selected pools.

When running multiple machines to the same wallet address, shouldn't NemosPlus effectively show the sum of all revenues? If I have 6 individual console windows showing ~0.003 BTC/day each, would the GUIs show ~0.018 BTC/day for the total effort?
MrPlus (OP)

Activity: 514

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 05:29:54 PM

Does this help?

Sidebar: The BTC/Day value shown by NPlusMiner at the top of the window is the sum of what your making on all selected pools.

When running multiple machines to the same wallet address, shouldn't NemosPlus effectively show the sum of all revenues? If I have 6 individual console windows showing ~0.003 BTC/day each, would the GUIs show ~0.018 BTC/day for the total effort?

Earning are tracked per address so any instance of NPlusMiner you have mining on the same address will report the total earnings for this address. Not per NPlusMiner instance.
Same thing than looking at your address earnings on the pool website.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
NPlusMiner - MultiRig remote management|AI|Autoupdate|Pool/Algo switching
klepikolse

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 09:29:39 PM

Tried to start the miner on another rig.
Computing pool stats..
Error contacting pool, retrying..

Get this message no matter which pool I select. The first rig works just fine (and even better).
I know that this issue has somehow been fixed before, so this might be a local problem on my side, but what's it?

THE GOVERNMENT NETWORK                                                                                                    
The 1st Decentralized Borderless Nation   ||   Be a Pioneer, Participate in Our Crowdsale!
Whitepaper          Lite Paper          Telegram          Facebook          Twitter          Medium          Github
jcabello7

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 10:24:32 AM

hi, what is this error and how can i fix this ?

https://pasteboard.co/HgHZiZn.jpg

Maybe NPlus crashed and some files were corrupted. Install again, copy/paste your config and stats folder and try!
Good luck!
JCS-CCT

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 02:37:17 PM

Maybe NPlus crashed and some files were corrupted. Install again, copy/paste your config and stats folder and try!
Good luck!

i reinstall but dont fix , reinstall my windows and show this error again

https://pasteboard.co/HgJHUJs.png

What version of windows?
JCS-CCT

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 03:09:53 PM

Good luck!

i reinstall but dont fix , reinstall my windows and show this error again

https://pasteboard.co/HgJHUJs.png

What version of windows?

10 64bit enterprise version 1709 ( OS Build 16299.125)

Not sure about the Enterprise edition, but maybe check to see if the latest version of PowerShell is installed.
JCS-CCT

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 03:35:38 PM

powershell version is :

Name                           Value
----                           -----
PSVersion                      5.1.16299.98
PSEdition                      Desktop
PSCompatibleVersions           {1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0...}
BuildVersion                   10.0.16299.98
CLRVersion                     4.0.30319.42000
WSManStackVersion              3.0
PSRemotingProtocolVersion      2.3
SerializationVersion           1.1.0.1

That's good.  I don't know what to try next.  MrPlus may be able to help.
MrPlus (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 04:18:22 PM

Your stats folder is corrupted. Close NPlusMiner, Delete Stats Folder, Restart NPlusMiner.

xparetols

Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 04:38:37 PM

Tried to start the miner on another rig.
Computing pool stats..
Error contacting pool, retrying..

Get this message no matter which pool I select. The first rig works just fine (and even better).
I know that this issue has somehow been fixed before, so this might be a local problem on my side, but what's it?

Also got that issue when trying on my pool. Doesnt connect to pools for no reason. What logs do i need to show?

And is it possible to turn off some GPUs?

JCS-CCT

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:23:47 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2018, 02:27:32 AM by JCS-CCT

Late summer feature request:

AMD version or support.  AMD will be selling their Navi 7nm GPU in the second half of 2018.  It will be low power, low price (abt $250), and run at GTX 1080 level.

Nvidia will also have their new GTX 11 series out by then.  Will see an increase in performance, but the price will be the same or more than the current GTX 1080 Ti.
klepikolse

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:32:28 AM

I'm running the miner on 2 rigs, both 1080s. Miners are using the same wallet. They are showing different numbers on algo revenues (BTC/GH/day). https://c2n.me/3Tvb7Lm
How can that happen?

THE GOVERNMENT NETWORK                                                                                                    
jimmykl

Activity: 349
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:02:48 AM

I'm running the miner on 2 rigs, both 1080s. Miners are using the same wallet. They are showing different numbers on algo revenues (BTC/GH/day). https://c2n.me/3Tvb7Lm
How can that happen?

Looks like they're showing different benchmarked speeds for the algos.

Maybe something was effecting one rigs hashrates when the benchmark was run? Different overclocks or something?

If you're sure the rigs should perform the same you could always copy the benchmarks from one machine to the other and then they should run on the same algo.
klepikolse

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:37:40 AM

It is okay that they are showing different benchmarks. They are showing dofferent numbers for BTC/GH/day, which is taken from the pool and therefore should be the same. The problem is that they don't calculate the revenue right and therefore dont switch.

THE GOVERNMENT NETWORK                                                                                                    
MrPlus (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 11:38:02 AM
Last edit: April 17, 2018, 11:49:22 AM by MrPlus

How can that happen?

How much is the runtime for both instances?
When running Plus, it needs a learning curve. Leave it a bit more than a hour and both should show similar estimates.

MrPlus

klepikolse

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 05:58:51 PM

Well, I have tried this for several hours, the problem is the same - while mining with several miners to the same wallet, they don't calculate the revenues correctly and therefore don't switch.

However, right now i started them simultaneously, and the numbers are the same. Shall wait for a couple hours and then report.

THE GOVERNMENT NETWORK                                                                                                    
MrPlus (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 06:14:52 PM

Well, I have tried this for several hours, the problem is the same - while mining with several miners to the same wallet, they don't calculate the revenues correctly and therefore don't switch.

However, right now i started them simultaneously, and the numbers are the same. Shall wait for a couple hours and then report.

Thanks.
Let me know how that goes. I do not have the same problem on my rigs so i'd like to find if there is anything particular with yours.
BrainPlus is using the past hour of data to build its calculations. So past that time. They should all have very close estimations.

MrPlus

klepikolse

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:48:29 PM

Still experimenting, will repost.
Two more questions:
1. I wanted to run two instances of the miner on the same rig, but the ccminer is conflicting with each other. So I had to run one miner activating only 6 of the GPUs. I changed config.json changing these:
"SelGPUCC":  "2,3,4,5,6,7",
"SelGPUDSTM":  "2 3 4 5 6 7"

But the miner changed the config itself, changing these values to 0...5. Had to make the config file read-only, now it works.

What else can i do for this?

2. If using with nicehash miner, should i turn off cpu mining to lower cpu usage? Increased RAM for the rig, now working much faster.

THE GOVERNMENT NETWORK                                                                                                    
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: