Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 10:54:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NPlusMiner - |MultiRig remote management|AI|Autoupdate|Pool/Algo switching  (Read 37376 times)
MrPlus (OP)

Activity: 514
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 10:57:41 PM

That’s been a crazy month with a lot of new features added to NPLusMiner. With the number of releases in the 30 days, I’m sure some of you are fed up with updating their rigs to new versions. Smiley

I did have to rewrite most of the code to make all these good new features possible but we’re getting to a point where the features I wanted are implemented and NPlusminer is stable.
I do have more to come to make people’s life easier, but I will try to slow down on the number of release to a maximum of once a week now. Of course, this does concern only new releases and not bug fixes. If needed, bug fixes will be released.
Having a life, I cannot set this to any specific day of the week. Let’s just say there will be minimum 7 days between two releases.

I would like to thank you all for the great feedback you give here and on GitHub.
Keep it coming! This really helps make NPlusMiner better.

We’ll continue to work with Nemo to make sure versions are duly tested and we provide the best product we can for your rigs. (or G'Ma computer Wink)

Again, keep the feedback coming. Share ideas. help shape the next version.

Thank you!
https://github.com/MrPlusGH/NPlusMiner/releases

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
NPlusMiner - MultiRig remote management|AI|Autoupdate|Pool/Algo switching
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 05:55:41 AM

I am already using the 2.1 version and I am quite happy with it.  Smiley Is it really necessary to switch to 2.1.1 profit-wise? I would like to avoid the trouble of new installation and waiting for the benchmark to finish. Or is there a shortcut to upgrade without benchmarking?
JCS-CCT

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 06:21:16 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2018, 07:05:09 AM by JCS-CCT

The problem with running multiple instances is that Claymore benches all gpus and not the gpus set in the config.  I don't think it is a problem with Claymore but a problem with the configuration in the EthashClaymore.ps1 file.  PhoenixMiner might be worth checking out.  I think it may be easier to configure and is faster and lower fee.

You are right? This is a bug in EthashClaymore.ps1

could you try replacing line 6 with the following and let me know how that goes?

"ethash" = " -di $($SelGPUCC.Replace(',',''))" #Ethash

This will make it use the config

I've tested and the -di switch/parameter doesn't show up.  It is still running all gpus.
JCS-CCT

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 06:27:00 AM

I am already using the 2.1 version and I am quite happy with it.  Smiley Is it really necessary to switch to 2.1.1 profit-wise? I would like to avoid the trouble of new installation and waiting for the benchmark to finish. Or is there a shortcut to upgrade without benchmarking?

You can copy the stats and config folders from your older version and paste them into the new version.  Then should start right up without benchmarking.  But not a necessary update.
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 06:36:44 AM

You can copy the stats and config folders from your older version and paste them into the new version.  Then should start right up without benchmarking.  But not a necessary update.

Great! Will do that, thanks for clearing that up.
Quake4

Activity: 825
Merit: 18

MindMiner developer

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 07:26:49 AM

I'm testing nPlusMiner 2.1.

I think it would be more accurate if Run-> Balance would not indicate the pool-Balance but the "Total unpaid" value.
Now earning shows a very low value continuously (<1 mBTC / d, 6x1070 GPU).

You can try MindMiner https://github.com/Quake4/MindMiner . It show pending and balance properly.

MindMiner - miner manager programm with autoswitch between Algos&Pools.
This isnt a fork based on MultiPoolMiner (Nemos, SniffDog, Mega, NPlus & etc)
k2laci

Activity: 172
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:41:47 AM

That’s been a crazy month with a lot of new features added to NPLusMiner. With the number of releases in the 30 days, I’m sure some of you are fed up with updating their rigs to new versions. Smiley

I did have to rewrite most of the code to make all these good new features possible but we’re getting to a point where the features I wanted are implemented and NPlusminer is stable.
I do have more to come to make people’s life easier, but I will try to slow down on the number of release to a maximum of once a week now. Of course, this does concern only new releases and not bug fixes. If needed, bug fixes will be released.
Having a life, I cannot set this to any specific day of the week. Let’s just say there will be minimum 7 days between two releases.

I would like to thank you all for the great feedback you give here and on GitHub.
Keep it coming! This really helps make NPlusMiner better.

We’ll continue to work with Nemo to make sure versions are duly tested and we provide the best product we can for your rigs. (or G'Ma computer Wink)

Again, keep the feedback coming. Share ideas. help shape the next version.

Thank you!
https://github.com/MrPlusGH/NPlusMiner/releases

Thanks for the excellent work!

I would like to ask if a "check update" or "automatic update" feature is available in the newer version?
MrPlus (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 10:17:19 AM

Thanks for the excellent work!

I would like to ask if a "check update" or "automatic update" feature is available in the newer version?

NPlusMiner checks for new version at startup and once every 24h.
If a new version is available, it displays notification.

MrPlus (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 10:26:55 AM

I think it would be more accurate if Run-> Balance would not indicate the pool-Balance but the "Total unpaid" value.

You can try MindMiner https://github.com/Quake4/MindMiner . It show pending and balance properly.

NPlusMiner displays Balance as it is the more accurate info as to what you'll get. However, earnings estimations are based on total earned Wink

k2laci

Activity: 172
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 11:10:18 AM

NPlusMiner displays Balance as it is the more accurate info as to what you'll get. However, earnings estimations are based on total earned Wink

This is true but the balance is 12-16h late and "total unpaid" shows the current value.
MrPlus (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 11:13:48 AM

This is true but the balance is 12-16h late and "total unpaid" shows the current value.

Queuing this for next release. Might show both info.
Thank you!

Just_a_miner

Activity: 325
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 11:34:46 AM

with hsr ? 1050ti 4 gb

We were talking about that issue a few posts up.  Cards older than 1060 don't work with HSR.  You'll have to use CcminerKlaust as described in this post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1777336.msg32342559#msg32342559

Man, hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork works even with GTX 970, and funny little gpu like GT 1030, what are you talking about?  Smiley

The problem could be that most scripts like MrPlus' one and Nemos download and use hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork_hp.exe - it's high priority version of my fork, and it clearly states that "You will get more hashrate, but also high load on GPUs! If you have troubles with it - use normal process priority version (or specify -c 2 for this version)". And many new users don't have a clue about hardware and how to properly use it, so they just overclock their gpu to high values AND reduce PL%, and press button to start miner -  then "all of a sudden" gpu become unstable under high load and crash.

You can make changes to script so it will download normal process priority version to lower GPU's load. If you still have problems with hsrminer_neoscypt_fork, post questions to my topic, I will help you.

More Epochs Mod of Claymore ETH Miner v15: Epochs 385+ works now!  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5305046
JCS-CCT

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 04:48:13 PM

with hsr ? 1050ti 4 gb

We were talking about that issue a few posts up.  Cards older than 1060 don't work with HSR.  You'll have to use CcminerKlaust as described in this post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1777336.msg32342559#msg32342559

Man, hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork works even with GTX 970, and funny little gpu like GT 1030, what are you talking about?  Smiley

The problem could be that most scripts like MrPlus' one and Nemos download and use hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork_hp.exe - it's high priority version of my fork, and it clearly states that "You will get more hashrate, but also high load on GPUs! If you have troubles with it - use normal process priority version (or specify -c 2 for this version)". And many new users don't have a clue about hardware and how to properly use it, so they just overclock their gpu to high values AND reduce PL%, and press button to start miner -  then "all of a sudden" gpu become unstable under high load and crash.

You can make changes to script so it will download normal process priority version to lower GPU's load. If you still have problems with hsrminer_neoscypt_fork, post questions to my topic, I will help you.

I didn't know of the normal process priority version.  It may be more stable.  I based my comment on other users posting of crashes.  Thanks for letting us know of the other version.
JCS-CCT

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 05:00:27 PM

You can copy the stats and config folders from your older version and paste them into the new version.  Then should start right up without benchmarking.  But not a necessary update.

Great! Will do that, thanks for clearing that up.

Did this work for you?  I forgot to tell you that it will have to download the miners and that if there were any changes to the miner scripts it may have to benchmark for that change.. but not for all. Sorry about that.
Just_a_miner

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 05:24:04 PM

with hsr ? 1050ti 4 gb

Man, hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork works even with GTX 970, and funny little gpu like GT 1030, what are you talking about?  Smiley

The problem could be that most scripts like MrPlus' one and Nemos download and use hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork_hp.exe - it's high priority version of my fork, and it clearly states that "You will get more hashrate, but also high load on GPUs! If you have troubles with it - use normal process priority version (or specify -c 2 for this version)". And many new users don't have a clue about hardware and how to properly use it, so they just overclock their gpu to high values AND reduce PL%, and press button to start miner -  then "all of a sudden" gpu become unstable under high load and crash.

I didn't know of the normal process priority version.  It may be more stable.  I based my comment on other users posting of crashes.  Thanks for letting us know of the other version.

The miner itself is stable - otherwise my topic would be full of crash reports from users. Only reasons why it can crash - if GPU is overclocked way too much and can't handle high load ( because neoscrypt algo is very gpu-intensive) or user specify random intensity value with -i option (because program is optimised for certain values and usually you don't need to tweak intensity as default values are already fine-tuned for 1060,1070,1080(Ti) Gpus).

As for that user's comment - he is a newbie with 1 post and a rig of 4 x 1050 Ti and he claims that "Hsrminer is sick and buggy as hell"? It's not even funny - hundreds of users with all types of GPUs (starting from 9xx to Titan XP) are using it without any problems.

Of course only MrPlus can deside what miner he will include into his package, but I don't think he should make a decision based on fake claims of some random dude. If you guys have any issues with hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork, contact me via PM, or post questions to my topic.

More Epochs Mod of Claymore ETH Miner v15: Epochs 385+ works now!  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5305046
JCS-CCT

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 05:39:54 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2018, 06:02:06 PM by JCS-CCT

with hsr ? 1050ti 4 gb

The miner itself is stable - otherwise my topic would be full of crash reports from users. Only reasons why it can crash - if GPU is overclocked way too much and can't handle high load ( because neoscrypt algo is very gpu-intensive) or user specify random intensity value with -i option (because program is optimised for certain values and usually you don't need to tweak intensity as default values are already fine-tuned for 1060,1070,1080(Ti) Gpus).

As for that user's comment - he is a newbie with 1 post and a rig of 4 x 1050 Ti and he claims that "Hsrminer is sick and buggy as hell"? It's not even funny - hundreds of users with all types of GPUs (starting from 9xx to Titan XP) are using it without any problems.

Of course only MrPlus can deside what miner he will include into his package, but I don't think he should make a decision based on fake claims of some random dude. If you guys have any issues with hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork, contact me via PM, or post questions to my topic.

It wasn't just him.  I think that the normal process priority version will work better as users push oc for the other miners and then when switching to HSR_hp it crashes.  HP is probably just fine if you optimize oc for it and not for multiple miners.. just my opinion of what is happening.
MrPlus (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 06:06:44 PM

with hsr ? 1050ti 4 gb

It wasn't just him,  I think that the normal process priority version will work better as users push oc for the other miners and then when switching to HSR_hp it crashes.  HP is probably just fine if you optimize oc for it and not for multiple miners.. just my opinion of what is happening.

Hey Just_a_miner

Have absolutely nothing against hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork. It is a great miner and always worked well on our rigs.

The reason I changed is that not every users of NPlusMiner are advanced enough to use per algo OC using prerun and therefore get problem when they start playing with OC.

So I made a choice of stability for common users while advanced users know very well how to get hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork back in play with the adapted settings so it can play with other miners and OC with no problem.

This is just a default config choice (stable) anyone can customize the miners and I see a lot of users do so.

Just trying to avoid the kid crashing G'Ma's computer Smiley

L0c0

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 02:56:39 AM

with hsr ? 1050ti 4 gb

It wasn't just him,  I think that the normal process priority version will work better as users push oc for the other miners and then when switching to HSR_hp it crashes.  HP is probably just fine if you optimize oc for it and not for multiple miners.. just my opinion of what is happening.

Hey Just_a_miner

Have absolutely nothing against hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork. It is a great miner and always worked well on our rigs.

The reason I changed is that not every users of NPlusMiner are advanced enough to use per algo OC using prerun and therefore get problem when they start playing with OC.

So I made a choice of stability for common users while advanced users know very well how to get hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork back in play with the adapted settings so it can play with other miners and OC with no problem.

This is just a default config choice (stable) anyone can customize the miners and I see a lot of users do so.

I gotta back MrPlus on this one, Excavator and HSRminer are the best for neoscrypt, giving 5-8% more than KlausT, but for people like myself with weak GPUs (Celeron 3930) and using +50/+600 OC and not having that much time to fine tune every setting, KlausT is way more stable (both Excavator and HSR would crash out of the blue).
Just_a_miner

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 08:27:11 AM

Hey Just_a_miner

Hi man, I understand the situation, thanks for the info.

Just_a_miner

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:00:44 AM

I gotta back MrPlus on this one, Excavator and HSRminer are the best for neoscrypt, giving 5-8% more than KlausT, but for people like myself with weak GPUs (Celeron 3930) and using +50/+600 OC and not having that much time to fine tune every setting, KlausT is way more stable (both Excavator and HSR would crash out of the blue).

Celeron 3930 is okay CPU for any decent rig with at least 8 x 1070 GTX.

Saying that miner crashes or unstable is incorrect - it's like saying that Windows 7 is unstable OS and often BSOD for no reason - and the only reasons why it can give you blue screen are that you either have faulty hardware (ram, cpu, gpu, etc), overclocked too much cpu/ram/gpu or you've installed some buggy driver that forced kernel to BSOD.

You should understand that crash is not software-related. It's not hsrminer that crash - it's your hardware (GPU) can't handle load from compute-intensive algo like neoscrypt with your current overclocking settings and fails - so cuda kernel that executes on GPU fails too - you get "crash". Reason why ccminer klaust seems "more stable" is very simple - it just doesn't load gpu as much as hsrminer or excavator due to lower default intensity (or not that intensive cuda kernel) and therefore you get lower hashrate.

In classic overclocking, where people push hardware to the limit and just want to pass 1 single 3dmark test, or complete 1 single run of SuperPi to screenshot it and post on site with OC records, it's okay to stress hardware, because it's like sprint - hardware suffer from exremly high load but for short period of time.

In case of mining it doesn't work, I think that mining is more like marathon, so I set medium and stable OC settings as GPUs gonna work for months.
As for balance beetwen high OC/medium load from software or medium OC/high load from software I choose second one because high OC settings will kill hardware faster.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: