Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 07:22:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 [403] 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 ... 508 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread [Self-Moderated]  (Read 771097 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
wasubii

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 02:21:12 AM
Last edit: January 22, 2014, 02:47:08 AM by wasubii

Polish it first then make me an offer, I might be buying more.

Polished and offered via PM. Look forward to your reply

EDIT: Not that i want to scupper my own chances of selling these shares, but do you guys actually know what is going on over at Avalon? They have 55nm chips IN STOCK and shipping within 3 days. They are 1.6Gh/s at 2.5w. They have access to the cheapest fabs in the world (China) and they will continue to sell chips until the price is driven down to COST. They have a proven board design and the infrastructure already in place to populate boards and ship miners. They are shipping miners right now.

They also have an improved 55nm chip in the works which will be in mass production by the end of Q1...

How in the hell do you think ActM is going to compete with that? May as well not spend millions on a 55nm design and tapeout and just straight up buy the chips from Avalon to mine with while we wait for the 28nm.

Just my two satoshis anyway - you guys do what you want.

EDIT2: Sorry Finlof, you beat me to it about Avalon. See Finlof's post below.
finlof

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 02:32:40 AM

Ken, how long have you known that the eAsic 28nm chip you promised everyone was never going to materialize?

If the CEO of ACtM says on an open forum that eASIC are working on our full custom 28nm ASIC we have shipped product then you can be sure that's a reality.

FIFY...

When money is tight people go for the budget option. We can be the Walmart of bitcoin mining why not. So long as we can produce at volume we can do very well from 55nm.

in order to get an idea of the kind of money to be made from chip sales (projected to be $40 mil this year), here's some research I did on the direct chip selling from ActM competitors (which currently have working chips and products they are selling and delivering).  Avalon has been selling their 55nm chips for quite some time now.  they currently sell for 15BTC for a reel of 2500 (http://avalon-asics.com/).  that's 0.006BTC/chip.  their chip is rated at "1.5-1.6 GH/s at 1.0V with 2.5W per GHs" (on the high side of 55nm chips).  that's currently $5/chip, so $3.33/Gh.  Bitmain also started selling their 55nm chip in December (same chip they use in their 180Gh/s Antminers) which is rated anywhere from 1.6Gh/s at 1.07W all the way to 3.2Gh/s at 5.2W (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=364236.0).  they were selling 10000 chips for 100BTC, which is 0.01BTC/chip, which is $8/chip or $2.50/Gh.  I'm sure the prices are going to come down soon (if they havent already), or possibly they will just be replacing it with their new 28nm chips soon.  if ActM had chips available to sell and deliver now the prices would have to be somewhere in the same range that Avalon is selling their slower chips - around $5/chip or 0.0058BTC/chip for bulk sales.  in order to sell $40 mil of these chips it would take 8 million chips @ $5/chip (remember that in just 3 days this chip is technically worth ~25% less due to difficulty change, and therefore could/should technically sell for less).

So my 1st question is what price can ActM mass sell these 1.9Gh chips and still be profitable?  of course that will be speculation now because we cannot be certain what the value of bitcoin will be when the chips are released, but we still need to know projections at current bitcoin prices with adjustments for difficulty changes for when the chips are expected to be available for sale.

2nd question, and probably more important, when will the datasheet/reference design be available for those would would buy the chips to make use of them?  will this be done in time to allow timely manufacturing of boards for these massive projected chip sales?
kslaughter (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 02:41:01 AM

Ken, how long have you known that the eAsic 28nm chip you promised everyone was never going to materialize?

If the CEO of ACtM says on an open forum that eASIC are working on our full custom 28nm ASIC we have shipped product then you can be sure that's a reality.

FIFY...

When money is tight people go for the budget option. We can be the Walmart of bitcoin mining why not. So long as we can produce at volume we can do very well from 55nm.

in order to get an idea of the kind of money to be made from chip sales (projected to be $40 mil this year), here's some research I did on the direct chip selling from ActM competitors (which currently have working chips and products they are selling and delivering).  Avalon has been selling their 55nm chips for quite some time now.  they currently sell for 15BTC for a reel of 2500 (http://avalon-asics.com/).  that's 0.006BTC/chip.  their chip is rated at "1.5-1.6 GH/s at 1.0V with 2.5W per GHs" (on the high side of 55nm chips).  that's currently $5/chip, so $3.33/Gh.  Bitmain also started selling their 55nm chip in December (same chip they use in their 180Gh/s Antminers) which is rated anywhere from 1.6Gh/s at 1.07W all the way to 3.2Gh/s at 5.2W (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=364236.0).  they were selling 10000 chips for 100BTC, which is 0.01BTC/chip, which is $8/chip or $2.50/Gh.  I'm sure the prices are going to come down soon (if they havent already), or possibly they will just be replacing it with their new 28nm chips soon.  if ActM had chips available to sell and deliver now the prices would have to be somewhere in the same range that Avalon is selling their slower chips - around $5/chip or 0.0058BTC/chip for bulk sales.  in order to sell $40 mil of these chips it would take 8 million chips @ $5/chip (remember that in just 3 days this chip is technically worth ~25% less due to difficulty change, and therefore could/should technically sell for less).

So my 1st question is what price can ActM mass sell these 1.9Gh chips and still be profitable?  of course that will be speculation now because we cannot be certain what the value of bitcoin will be when the chips are released, but we still need to know projections at current bitcoin prices with adjustments for difficulty changes for when the chips are expected to be available for sale.

2nd question, and probably more important, when will the datasheet/reference design be available for those would would buy the chips to make use of them?  will this be done in time to allow timely manufacturing of boards for these massive projected chip sales?

Good info, just getting ready to do this myself.
Ozymandias

Activity: 644

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 02:51:09 AM

Is/Will the 28nm full custom chips be made in parallel (or roughly in parallel) to the 55nm chips?

Will the chips be overclockable?

Are there any plans to release another balance sheet in the new future?
Bitdust

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 02:55:35 AM

Good info, just getting ready to do this myself.

There are some here who'll bitch that questions like that are typically asked and answered before one commits to contracts, but not I.
zumzero

Activity: 602

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 03:15:25 AM

Lol, thanks wasubii, it has a lovely sheen now.  Here's the thing, I don't have the finances right now to commit to a deal however in a couple of months that will have changed.  As your price is so good, I am about to pm you with an alternative to btc and would be interested to know your thoughts.  Perhaps we might still do a deal?

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
Jasun7211

Activity: 517

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 03:19:47 AM

Hey Zum don't forget to pull that order;).  This is all great news. 

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
|
zumzero

Activity: 602

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 03:26:03 AM

Thanks J, I did and sold the btc which I am now living off until I start my next contract!

It's amazing to think that I am entirely living off money which I mined using a BFL miner.  Mortgage, bills, food, the lot.  Hookers and blow are but a distant memory!

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
Jasun7211

Activity: 517

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 03:34:23 AM

Hahaha well from the looks of it we will all be able to afford some high class hookers.  Cheers man.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
|
Vigil

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 04:03:47 AM

Ken, how did you find these two engineers and their stealth company, People's ASIC?
wasubii

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 04:12:30 AM

Lol, thanks wasubii, it has a lovely sheen now.  Here's the thing, I don't have the finances right now to commit to a deal however in a couple of months that will have changed. As your price is so good, I am about to pm you with an alternative to btc and would be interested to know your thoughts.  Perhaps we might still do a deal?

Thanks Zum - il do some research and get back to you about the alternative you have suggested.

Anyone else feel free to PM me if also interested. I won't have a bidding war. Price is fixed. When they're gone they're gone. Deal by reputable escrow only with funds released once shares are tradable and have been transferred.
Vigil

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 04:36:57 AM

I have found a record of People's ASIC:

http://www.bizapedia.com/ca/PEOPLES-ASIC-LLC.html

It is "run" by a Gregor Glawitsch who has a Computer Science degree from Johannes Kepler University.

Dude seems legit - he has some background all over Google.
JoTheKhan

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 07:21:50 AM

Please scroll down to the bottom of this page and explain why there were shares already sold on Crypto-Trade.

https://crypto-trade.com/tradex/ipo/amc_btc

Anyone have an explanation?
wasubii

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 07:28:29 AM

Please scroll down to the bottom of this page and explain why there were shares already sold on Crypto-Trade.

Ken eating up the highest bids with his personal shares?
iSnow

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 07:30:36 AM

There are some here who'll bitch that questions like that are typically asked and answered before one commits to contracts, but not I.

With ADD children like you around, it does not matter one way or another, you'll hump everyone's leg to get attention with or without information, VE|crumbs|whoever
snowdropfore

Activity: 843
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 07:33:48 AM

+1。someone can tell?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
wasubii

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 07:36:40 AM

Hopefully its a glitch on CT, but if it isn't, then who else could possibly have shares to trade if not one of the Slaughter clan?

Say it isn't so Ken!

EDIT: One other possibility, the admin of crypto trade buys shares on crypto-stocks and holds them there, then he issues shares on CT to eat up the high value buy orders? Then later he can buy back the shares on CT and destroy them, then sell his shares on CS...?
st4nl3y
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 08:00:42 AM

might be ken testing the trading engine or CT admins but I am OK with this as long as no more trades occur "quietly"
It's only a few shares anyway...
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 09:07:04 AM

Yes. Ford sell more cars than Porsche. But Porche have the better car - by far.

Ford revenue 2012: 134 Billion USD
Porsche revenue 2012: 13.9 Billion Euros

ActM isn't Ford or Porsche in this analogy though, that would be AM and KnC respectively. Think of the crappiest car company you can think of, that's ACtM in this analogy.
kactech

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 09:20:57 AM

Yes. Ford sell more cars than Porsche. But Porche have the better car - by far.

Ford revenue 2012: 134 Billion USD
Porsche revenue 2012: 13.9 Billion Euros

ActM isn't Ford or Porsche in this analogy though, that would be AM and KnC respectively. Think of the crappiest car company you can think of, that's ACtM in this analogy.
KIA Motors.
Pages: « 1 ... 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 [403] 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 ... 508 »
  Print  

Jump to: