Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:59:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HOW TO STOP HACKERS TO HACK YOUR CRYPTO WALLET  (Read 5308 times)
edsnowangel (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 39

Citowise-Developing Crypotpayment Infrastructure

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2018, 02:03:46 PM

All great recommendations but imo the main and most important thing to do is get yourself a hardware ASAP and store the private key securely.

yes having hardware wallet is enough

sd
Bitcoinnumberone

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 02:18:04 PM

HOW TO STOP HACKERS TO HACK YOUR CRYPTO WALLET
Protect yourself from cyber criminals

Good day to all of you guys I am EdsnowAngel a programmer and a bit security tester in different platforms. Now I heard to my friends a lot of concerns saying "please help me my bitcoin wallet was hacked!!"
Ok ok first thing first when your bitcoin wallet gets compromised then your funds was send in different wallet then it is irreversible meaning no return of funds!! so I wanna tell everyone how to protect your bitcoin wallet from such kind of situation.

1st: Protect your GMAIL or EMAIL ACCOUNT

We all know we use GMAIL as our email provider for such accounts like blockchain then we can recover and approve login with email in some wallets, now when your email account was targeted and get compromised then say goodbye to your bitcoin.To secure your bitcoin wallet(ex: blockchain or other) go to your google account settings. and then turn on the 2FA(2nd factor authentication) here is the guide on how to do it: STEP BY STEP GUIDE

2nd: Use your own DEVICE or COMPUTER/PHONE

It's a very bad idea to use someones device(ex:from friend) to make a transaction in your bitcoin wallet why? because first you don't know what is the capability of that person regarding that matters and you don't know if that phone has a lot of malwares and spywares.So we cannot say that you are safe using someones device to make transactions.

3rd: Always backup you PK's or PRIVATE KEYS

This is the most important thing to remember for everyone using your ETH or BTC wallet without backing up your Private keys then you can't recover you wallet in case you forgot your wallet.PK's are very important but there are thing you should do first. Make sure you store your PK backup somewhere that you only know and not from your computer because there are some spyware that might inside of your computer that can steal that file so make sure you back it up print in a paper and hide it to the place where you only know.

4th: Don't open links from malicious emails

This method was called email phishing where an attacker will send the same email in thousands of random users once the victim will click the link in that email then his or her device was compromised to avoid this please do not click the links included in the email immediately please always have time to check who is the sender of that email and if that email is came from the site where it supposed to came from.

5th: Do not trust PUBLIC WIFI 

It's quite good to have access with free wifi's but have you think this: IS THIS A SAFE NETWORK? without you knowing maybe some of the people connected to that same network may have idea and skill on how to sniff passwords and credentials this method was so called DNS SPOOFING or SNIFFING if you want to use public wifi then use it not just with your bitcoin transactions.

6th: Do not login on Suspicious links

This method is called PHISHING where an attacker  will send you a link to login with your bitcoin wallet luring you with the legitimate site example is:
the real site is: https://www.blockchain.info/
the fake site is: http://www.blockchain.ga/

then once you login to the fake site then the hacker or attacker will have now your credentials. Please always check for the green lock on the url bar and the word HTTPS in the link.

so this are some of the way to stop hackers to hack your bitcoin or crypto wallet. If you have other information then you can comment it down and lets help others.
Very well said, That's right at first you need to protect your email address don't give your email or gmail because if they know your email he can access your bitcoin wallet protect your email do not trust links in email it's true if you click that email hackers can access your email so be wise and vigilant in everything you do in internet always think twice and bitcoin has no easy money don't trust anyone if your money can double in just a week you need to search if it is legit or not try to search before you click or invest your money.
Experia

Activity: 924
Merit: 265

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 02:24:55 PM

Ill just keep my private info by keeping it on myself, also I do not use a site that has not  been a good one. It is better to use a 2fa especially if we talk about the security on a wallet it is better to have it than loging on a single password.
edsnowangel (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 39

Citowise-Developing Crypotpayment Infrastructure

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2018, 01:50:49 AM

Ill just keep my private info by keeping it on myself, also I do not use a site that has not  been a good one. It is better to use a 2fa especially if we talk about the security on a wallet it is better to have it than loging on a single password.

yes you got this right don't just trust those people fooling you around as sites that are asking your private key it is very important  to know that giving up your private key will means losing all your hopes and all your hardwork

sd
RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2018, 12:38:11 PM

yes you got this right don't just trust those people fooling you around as sites that are asking your private key it is very important  to know that giving up your private key will means losing all your hopes and all your hardwork

Here is your private key = right here: https://lbc.cryptoguru.org/dio/29356

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
michellelandry30

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 01:38:00 PM

Good info here for beginners like me. Worth a read. Let's all be careful here. thanks for this valuable information.
Javak

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 01:55:39 PM

You write quite detailed. It is very helpful for me and I would like to suggest you be able to use a hard wallet to secure your information instead of the free wallet that the publisher offers. Besides, it is powerful security software
sneeze11

Activity: 347
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 01:57:16 PM

Good day to all of you guys I am EdsnowAngel a programmer and a bit security tester in different platforms. Now I heard to my friends a lot of concerns saying "please help me my bitcoin wallet was hacked!!"
Ok ok first thing first when your bitcoin wallet gets compromised then your funds was send in different wallet then it is irreversible meaning no return of funds!! so I wanna tell everyone how to protect your bitcoin wallet from such kind of situation.

We all know we use GMAIL as our email provider for such accounts like blockchain then we can recover and approve login with email in some wallets, now when your email account was targeted and get compromised then say goodbye to your bitcoin.To secure your bitcoin wallet(ex: blockchain or other) go to your google account settings. and then turn on the 2FA(2nd factor authentication) here is the guide on how to do it: STEP BY STEP GUIDE

It's a very bad idea to use someones device(ex:from friend) to make a transaction in your bitcoin wallet why? because first you don't know what is the capability of that person regarding that matters and you don't know if that phone has a lot of malwares and spywares.So we cannot say that you are safe using someones device to make transactions.

This is the most important thing to remember for everyone using your ETH or BTC wallet without backing up your Private keys then you can't recover you wallet in case you forgot your wallet.PK's are very important but there are thing you should do first. Make sure you store your PK backup somewhere that you only know and not from your computer because there are some spyware that might inside of your computer that can steal that file so make sure you back it up print in a paper and hide it to the place where you only know.

This method was called email phishing where an attacker will send the same email in thousands of random users once the victim will click the link in that email then his or her device was compromised to avoid this please do not click the links included in the email immediately please always have time to check who is the sender of that email and if that email is came from the site where it supposed to came from.

It's quite good to have access with free wifi's but have you think this: IS THIS A SAFE NETWORK? without you knowing maybe some of the people connected to that same network may have idea and skill on how to sniff passwords and credentials this method was so called DNS SPOOFING or SNIFFING if you want to use public wifi then use it not just with your bitcoin transactions.

This method is called PHISHING where an attacker  will send you a link to login with your bitcoin wallet luring you with the legitimate site example is:

then once you login to the fake site then the hacker or attacker will have now your credentials. Please always check for the green lock on the url bar and the word HTTPS in the link.

so this are some of the way to stop hackers to hack your bitcoin or crypto wallet. If you have other information then you can comment it down and lets help others.

Your opinion is correct and the bestn way to avoid hacker. Actually for the beginner by just reading it they can get a idea how to keep their bitcoin safe. Other thing is that do not trust other because in bitcoin you can only trust yourself.
chehintog_24

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 02:20:59 PM

nice tips that I've ever read in this forum this information's will be very useful for the beginners here in the world of cryptocurrency for them to avoid hackers to hack their account.

Absolutely right! This topic is so impressive, very helpful and totally informative. Hackers are just everywhere, smart and unknown. But with all those tips mentioned here in this forum, we can somehow avoid being hacked and secured our accounts properly.
yonjitsu

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

www.daxico.com

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 02:25:51 PM

You can't stop hackers from doing their bad deeds as long as there are people who are not taking care of their crypto wallets. The only way to stop them is us to be careful all the time because no matter how secure our wallets are, it is nothing if you are too careless to keep the key safe.

Tatzky

Activity: 162
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 02:30:54 PM

To remind also the others, stop using free internet wherever you go, try to use data or load or just bring your pocket wifi with you, company wifi is also good to use but don't use public wifi to open your wallet, only to check your FB messages.

▐|     KRYPTOBITS     ▐|   THE NEXT GENERATION EXCHANGE
●》 Pre ICO start on May 17th 2018     [     kryptobits.com     ]
ballerin and giroud

Activity: 868
Merit: 16

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 02:36:45 PM

You can't stop hackers from doing their bad deeds as long as there are people who are not taking care of their crypto wallets. The only way to stop them is us to be careful all the time because no matter how secure our wallets are, it is nothing if you are too careless to keep the key safe.
The best way to make our wallet account safe is our own way. However, OP has made a solution to make our wallet account stay awake, I guess this thread is worth to be given appreciation. I believe 2FA is the best way to avoid hacker accounts, passwords that every second will always change will make them (hackers) will be very confused to try to steal our assets.
Snakerist

Activity: 336
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 02:44:23 PM

Really great article, thank you. Security in cryptocurrency world is one of the most important aspects and everyone thinks about it if they want to protect their funds.

mimiko

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 02:56:43 PM

you can't never stop a hacker one's a hacker always  be a hacker but  you can avoid for that kind of people .. you must be wise and think before you click the link the most important dont trust anybody ..
19Nov16

Activity: 1722
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 03:49:10 PM

Haters certainly expect bitcoin to die soon, and the thing we can do is fight back by buying, let's buy bitcoin so it can make the price go up and surely the haters will crying and even die.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

honey8

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 03:52:25 PM

Following things can be done to avoid hackings

Activate 2FA
Always save private keys on paper wallet and external wallets.
oceantiger

Activity: 308
Merit: 8

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 03:57:21 PM

Thanks Bro for the detailed measure to apply for total wallet protection. This is rich with valid security tips and if adhere to will surely help the wallets safe from the marauding hackers and cyber thieves.
PIR

Activity: 322

CRYPTOBLADES Octoblades 10.10

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 04:09:54 PM

Some say you need to buy a hardware wallet to store your altcoins and they will safe. Some say they use Metamask to protect some website from hack your private key or your information. I think you need to make sure you store your information in offline storage so even your computer hack your information is safe. Be careful also to visit phishing site.

CRYPTOBLADES 
|   FACEBOOK   |   REDDIT   |     MEDIUM     |     TWITTER     |    DISCORD    |     TELEGRAM
Tukang Becak

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 04:43:54 PM

Security is important, crypto is an asset so we have to do everything we can to avoid hackers, all the above tips are good but the important thing is never to put the assets in one place, it's safer to divide into various places.
xraisers

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 04:45:34 PM

Usually they use the domain that have a name like the origial one, like blockchain and bIockchain its look similar for the first see right? but if you access it and you input your data into that site your coin will gone forever stealed by the hackers. Do not use Public Wi-Fi, because hackers will easily access the computers connected to that network also,Keep private Keys Offline, always keep our private key offline, in flashdisk or hardcopy.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: