Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:10:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HOW TO STOP HACKERS TO HACK YOUR CRYPTO WALLET  (Read 5308 times)
Teriyanone

Activity: 83
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 06:50:30 AM

HOW TO STOP HACKERS TO HACK YOUR CRYPTO WALLET
Protect yourself from cyber criminals

Good day to all of you guys I am EdsnowAngel a programmer and a bit security tester in different platforms. Now I heard to my friends a lot of concerns saying "please help me my bitcoin wallet was hacked!!"
Ok ok first thing first when your bitcoin wallet gets compromised then your funds was send in different wallet then it is irreversible meaning no return of funds!! so I wanna tell everyone how to protect your bitcoin wallet from such kind of situation.

1st: Protect your GMAIL or EMAIL ACCOUNT

We all know we use GMAIL as our email provider for such accounts like blockchain then we can recover and approve login with email in some wallets, now when your email account was targeted and get compromised then say goodbye to your bitcoin.To secure your bitcoin wallet(ex: blockchain or other) go to your google account settings. and then turn on the 2FA(2nd factor authentication) here is the guide on how to do it: STEP BY STEP GUIDE

2nd: Use your own DEVICE or COMPUTER/PHONE

It's a very bad idea to use someones device(ex:from friend) to make a transaction in your bitcoin wallet why? because first you don't know what is the capability of that person regarding that matters and you don't know if that phone has a lot of malwares and spywares.So we cannot say that you are safe using someones device to make transactions.

3rd: Always backup you PK's or PRIVATE KEYS

This is the most important thing to remember for everyone using your ETH or BTC wallet without backing up your Private keys then you can't recover you wallet in case you forgot your wallet.PK's are very important but there are thing you should do first. Make sure you store your PK backup somewhere that you only know and not from your computer because there are some spyware that might inside of your computer that can steal that file so make sure you back it up print in a paper and hide it to the place where you only know.

4th: Don't open links from malicious emails

This method was called email phishing where an attacker will send the same email in thousands of random users once the victim will click the link in that email then his or her device was compromised to avoid this please do not click the links included in the email immediately please always have time to check who is the sender of that email and if that email is came from the site where it supposed to came from.

5th: Do not trust PUBLIC WIFI 

It's quite good to have access with free wifi's but have you think this: IS THIS A SAFE NETWORK? without you knowing maybe some of the people connected to that same network may have idea and skill on how to sniff passwords and credentials this method was so called DNS SPOOFING or SNIFFING if you want to use public wifi then use it not just with your bitcoin transactions.

6th: Do not login on Suspicious links

This method is called PHISHING where an attacker  will send you a link to login with your bitcoin wallet luring you with the legitimate site example is:
the real site is: https://www.blockchain.info/
the fake site is: http://www.blockchain.ga/

then once you login to the fake site then the hacker or attacker will have now your credentials. Please always check for the green lock on the url bar and the word HTTPS in the link.

so this are some of the way to stop hackers to hack your bitcoin or crypto wallet. If you have other information then you can comment it down and lets help others.

Great information to flow in order to make secure our wallets and money from cruel hackers and other criminals before something happens because most of the time we take actions after we loose considerable amount of money in vain bit in the crypto world these losses can be very high sometimes so it is always better to take early precautions before getting caught 
Burogh

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

COVIR.IO

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 07:42:31 AM

The most rampant case of hacking is through phising emails. A lot of unaware users can easily fall for this type of scheme. So don't give out your personal emails to anyone especially here and bookmarks all the sites that you frequently visit because only the famous websites are prone to this.
Hackers can make an attack thru online connection or internet because anywhere in the world we are all connected by means of internet and it seems like all computers is within our reach if they can break the wall of our computer, so I think to minimize the hackers intrusions we must aware always not to put our wallet password in a public site that they free to attack and go offline whenever our computer not in used.

We can not asking hacker to not hacking our wallet, its happen because we dont save our private key properly. The best we can do to protect our wallet is not share our private key to anyone and keep it from online

euronine897

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 09:25:32 AM

Good day to all of you guys I am EdsnowAngel a programmer and a bit security tester in different platforms. Now I heard to my friends a lot of concerns saying "please help me my bitcoin wallet was hacked!!"
Ok ok first thing first when your bitcoin wallet gets compromised then your funds was send in different wallet then it is irreversible meaning no return of funds!! so I wanna tell everyone how to protect your bitcoin wallet from such kind of situation.

We all know we use GMAIL as our email provider for such accounts like blockchain then we can recover and approve login with email in some wallets, now when your email account was targeted and get compromised then say goodbye to your bitcoin.To secure your bitcoin wallet(ex: blockchain or other) go to your google account settings. and then turn on the 2FA(2nd factor authentication) here is the guide on how to do it: STEP BY STEP GUIDE

It's a very bad idea to use someones device(ex:from friend) to make a transaction in your bitcoin wallet why? because first you don't know what is the capability of that person regarding that matters and you don't know if that phone has a lot of malwares and spywares.So we cannot say that you are safe using someones device to make transactions.

This is the most important thing to remember for everyone using your ETH or BTC wallet without backing up your Private keys then you can't recover you wallet in case you forgot your wallet.PK's are very important but there are thing you should do first. Make sure you store your PK backup somewhere that you only know and not from your computer because there are some spyware that might inside of your computer that can steal that file so make sure you back it up print in a paper and hide it to the place where you only know.

This method was called email phishing where an attacker will send the same email in thousands of random users once the victim will click the link in that email then his or her device was compromised to avoid this please do not click the links included in the email immediately please always have time to check who is the sender of that email and if that email is came from the site where it supposed to came from.

It's quite good to have access with free wifi's but have you think this: IS THIS A SAFE NETWORK? without you knowing maybe some of the people connected to that same network may have idea and skill on how to sniff passwords and credentials this method was so called DNS SPOOFING or SNIFFING if you want to use public wifi then use it not just with your bitcoin transactions.

This method is called PHISHING where an attacker  will send you a link to login with your bitcoin wallet luring you with the legitimate site example is:

then once you login to the fake site then the hacker or attacker will have now your credentials. Please always check for the green lock on the url bar and the word HTTPS in the link.

so this are some of the way to stop hackers to hack your bitcoin or crypto wallet. If you have other information then you can comment it down and lets help others.

Today most people say cryptocurrency wallets and blockchain network are impossible to hack and it is definitely true because they are build to be secure in many ways  but hackers still get tokens by hacking wallets because individuals who owns wallets are very careless so when some thing happens they accuse the technology or the currency claiming they have issues but most criminal activities can be stopped by taking precautions 
boyshx

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 09:31:36 AM

The most easiest way to avoid all these things is to get yourself a hardware wallet. This wallet costs money but that can surely be worth it. It has already been made by keeping all the things in mind that there will be phishing attacks, hacking of the private keys and much more. With this device you get protection from all the sides and thus no need to worry about giving away your private keys in a phishing site. Also, it uses the chrome extension so that there won’t be clicks on any suspicious website also. Smiley
Febriana98

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 10:29:45 AM

this information is my friend and I need, some time ago my friend had lost his Ethereum wallet, we were looking for problems and what caused the wallet could be hacked, apparently his laptop was infected with spyware when he was using public wifi in a cafe, I hope there will be no more victims, happy to share information...
SIDDHI777

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 04:42:47 AM

Best way to protect wallet is fully understand guidelines which gives during the creation of wallets and follow them completely and avoid phishing sites always by staying alert because unlike the real world when something happens in the digital world there is no centralized authority to complain regarding the matter so the victim become helpless in every situation when something like that happens     

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
Jupeter

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 10:54:52 AM

Almost all of us know these things but still sometimes we all being stupid and not caring these things enough. But it’s always important to be careful when you have crypto.
Well of the advice you said is true and very advisable but right now there are so many hackers and i know they will not stop hacking those wallet who are not really secured so always used a good wallet and always take care our private keys.

edsnowangel (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 39

Citowise-Developing Crypotpayment Infrastructure

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2018, 02:02:37 PM

Indeed, hackers can not be stopped. You can only protect your wallet as much as possible. Very good information. For beginners, it is very useful.

you are right there sir/ma'am the best thing to do is use cold wallets or hardware wallets in this practice we can lessen the risk of getting hack because it is almost impossible to hack that kind of wallet

sd
josephpogi

Activity: 434
Merit: 168

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 04:34:29 PM

its hard to stop hackers now a days but if you want safe your cryptocurrency just save it on a offline wallets like or maybe on ledger i think it helps you  to potect your cryptocurrency and save your adrrss or private key like facebook and more .
Bubblestonemax

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 05:39:29 PM

This is a very detailed and helpful article. Scammers and hackers should be kept at bay from getting into our wallets or accounts. Set up 2fa, have your metamask for phising sites, be alert in all things and you would not have any issue in this industry
podidhana

Activity: 44

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 06:57:11 PM

Actually, we can't stop hackers. But we can protect our wallets form hackers from putting high-security features. If you using MyEtherWallet, then please protect your private key. Don't give it to anybody or any phishing site. I think the best option is, hardware wallet. It's very safer than online wallets. Personally, I'm using ledger wallet and I store my all altcoins in ledger wallet.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:13:18 PM

This is a very detailed and helpful article. Scammers and hackers should be kept at bay from getting into our wallets or accounts. Set up 2fa, have your metamask for phising sites, be alert in all things and you would not have any issue in this industry

Yeah mostly our wallet security depends on how we handle it. I think a crypto wallet is extremely hard to hack unless there's an error on the owner's part. Several security features are available to make your online wallet a lot safer.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
bajigur894784

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:27:47 PM

It's all about protecting the private keys, because of the best safeguard your cryptocurrency holdings lies in the private key. That sensitive data, that investment, is all tied up in your private keys. You need your private keys to spend your bitcoins, so if someone gains access to your private keys, they can and will steal your bitcoins, and your bitcoins will be lost.

And, That are nice pieces of information! nice information to protecting the private keys.
muddy waters

Activity: 294

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:53:58 PM

I would add another point - use antiviruses on your devices, which will protect you from phishing activities, especially when you log into your emails.
Using a virtual machine for getting access to your wallets and exchanges is also a common practice (though not everybody is technically smart enough to install and operate a VM).

edsnowangel (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 39

Citowise-Developing Crypotpayment Infrastructure

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 01:51:36 PM

I would add another point - use antiviruses on your devices, which will protect you from phishing activities, especially when you log into your emails.
Using a virtual machine for getting access to your wallets and exchanges is also a common practice (though not everybody is technically smart enough to install and operate a VM).

yes that is the problem most or many of the people not technically aware on how to use a vm machine and explore the ways to protect themselves

sd
colvis

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 02:12:19 PM

The best and trusted way for me about avoiding hackers on your wallet is to make use of paper wallet,  and the other is to store on Luno which is exchanging the coin into BTC OR ETH and then move it to Luno so that you can be monitoring it in daily basic with your two factor Authentication protection.
LimePleasant

Activity: 64

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 02:14:03 PM

If you download the wallet form a legitimate source, this means from the developers site, and keep yur seed/ private key safe and only for you then I think no one will be able to hack it.
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 02:28:43 PM

I don't think phishing works like that. You get phished by a phisher by making you log-in to a website that looks similar to a particular website. I have Eset on my computer and I can still access phishing websites. So what it comes down to is the gullibility of the user since your computer can't autofilter all of these websites. My advise is to not login or signup to sketchy websites. There's also another way of getting hacked and it's by signing up to a particular website with your email and a password similar to your email's password. It is not advisable to have similar passwords. Of course over time we will be needing to sign up in multiple websites and if we were to use different passwords to each, we might forget about them. What I personally do is write them down or I just recover the password through email everytime I log in but that's actually very inefficient.

No one is, by default, technically smart. Everyone had to learn and everyone had to do their part. You can never be tech savvy if you never expose yourself to this type of things. A tech savvy and a non-tech savvy have the same circuitry in their brain so there's no reason as to why someone wouldn't be able to operate a VM. They just have to study how.

Here are some links I have found to be useful:
*What is a virtual machine? (Youtube)
*Setting up a virtual machine (Youtube)

And if you prefer reading them instead:
*Quora.com: Virtual Machine in Layman's Terms (Layman's Terms would mean that someone who has zero knowledge about the subject should be able to understand it, so I recommend checking this out)
*How to create and use virtual machines (HowToGeek)

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

thisav

Activity: 76

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 03:06:46 PM

It is a very useful information to all the members. Everyone needs to take extra care on their crypto coin. I still remember when I first brought some Monero and stored in the online wallet, because it is easier to access compare to hardware wallet....then I was hacked and lost all my coins.....
After that, I take extra care on my wallet, try to keep it as much secure as possible. If I saw this post earier, I may not lost my coins...
Thanks for your sharing.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 03:23:10 PM

The most easiest way to avoid all these things is to get yourself a hardware wallet. This wallet costs money but that can surely be worth it. It has already been made by keeping all the things in mind that there will be phishing attacks, hacking of the private keys and much more. With this device you get protection from all the sides and thus no need to worry about giving away your private keys in a phishing site. Also, it uses the chrome extension so that there won’t be clicks on any suspicious website also. Smiley
The problem is because of that, people are reluctant to spend money on the security of their wallets even though it is very necessary. I know hardware wallet will be very safe. you will avoid scams especially phishing, not because of the opportunity they (hacker) came but because they already have the intention to steal, when they see the security of your wallet is very vulnerable, they can just do hacking in various ways. so start now secure your wallet with 2fa or use hardware wallet
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: