Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:52:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HOW TO STOP HACKERS TO HACK YOUR CRYPTO WALLET  (Read 5308 times)
massimo123

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:51:10 PM

It's very useful information, especially for newbies. Thank you very much. It's importantant to avoid fishing sites and keep Private key in secret.
none of us
Copper Member

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:53:17 PM

I learn here in the forum every day something new. Thanks for this advices. I will try to stick to it.
williamcastaneda

Activity: 31

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 04:24:51 AM

maybe the hackers will be afraid of this article and I still think there are still hackers with very deep knowledge and can still hack this action.
ir.yance

Activity: 354
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 04:34:09 AM

HOW TO STOP HACKERS TO HACK YOUR CRYPTO WALLET
Protect yourself from cyber criminals

Good day to all of you guys I am EdsnowAngel a programmer and a bit security tester in different platforms. Now I heard to my friends a lot of concerns saying "please help me my bitcoin wallet was hacked!!"
Ok ok first thing first when your bitcoin wallet gets compromised then your funds was send in different wallet then it is irreversible meaning no return of funds!! so I wanna tell everyone how to protect your bitcoin wallet from such kind of situation.

1st: Protect your GMAIL or EMAIL ACCOUNT

We all know we use GMAIL as our email provider for such accounts like blockchain then we can recover and approve login with email in some wallets, now when your email account was targeted and get compromised then say goodbye to your bitcoin.To secure your bitcoin wallet(ex: blockchain or other) go to your google account settings. and then turn on the 2FA(2nd factor authentication) here is the guide on how to do it: STEP BY STEP GUIDE

2nd: Use your own DEVICE or COMPUTER/PHONE

It's a very bad idea to use someones device(ex:from friend) to make a transaction in your bitcoin wallet why? because first you don't know what is the capability of that person regarding that matters and you don't know if that phone has a lot of malwares and spywares.So we cannot say that you are safe using someones device to make transactions.

3rd: Always backup you PK's or PRIVATE KEYS

This is the most important thing to remember for everyone using your ETH or BTC wallet without backing up your Private keys then you can't recover you wallet in case you forgot your wallet.PK's are very important but there are thing you should do first. Make sure you store your PK backup somewhere that you only know and not from your computer because there are some spyware that might inside of your computer that can steal that file so make sure you back it up print in a paper and hide it to the place where you only know.

4th: Don't open links from malicious emails

This method was called email phishing where an attacker will send the same email in thousands of random users once the victim will click the link in that email then his or her device was compromised to avoid this please do not click the links included in the email immediately please always have time to check who is the sender of that email and if that email is came from the site where it supposed to came from.

5th: Do not trust PUBLIC WIFI 

It's quite good to have access with free wifi's but have you think this: IS THIS A SAFE NETWORK? without you knowing maybe some of the people connected to that same network may have idea and skill on how to sniff passwords and credentials this method was so called DNS SPOOFING or SNIFFING if you want to use public wifi then use it not just with your bitcoin transactions.

6th: Do not login on Suspicious links

This method is called PHISHING where an attacker  will send you a link to login with your bitcoin wallet luring you with the legitimate site example is:
the real site is: https://www.blockchain.info/
the fake site is: http://www.blockchain.ga/

then once you login to the fake site then the hacker or attacker will have now your credentials. Please always check for the green lock on the url bar and the word HTTPS in the link.

so this are some of the way to stop hackers to hack your bitcoin or crypto wallet. If you have other information then you can comment it down and lets help others.

I am very happy to see your post, I can learn to be more careful in maintaining my bitcoin wallet. you provide very useful knowledge to me and for everyone, hopefully hackers can't take our bitcoin.
SaraClarke1212

Activity: 33

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 06:09:50 AM

You do not have to tell Bitcoin that you do not know how much Bitcoin you own and that you should not invest in projects and plans that are unclear about the plan and the amount of investment.
predictors

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 09:37:21 PM

It is preferred to use a hardware wallet, hackers are more interested in crypto exchanges: this allows you to access several accounts at once. That is why attacks on crypto-exchanges are more visible and cause resonance in the market. hacking electronic wallets is not so interesting, because it is difficult to hack them unlike web wallets.
aryani

Activity: 122

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 09:45:22 PM

Hackers will be difficult to stop, because they will try to do bitcoin fraud. You never go into the trap of hackers, by always paying attention to every trap they do, so we avoid theft. Pay attention to every site we enter, because they will always be there and try to trap us in their traps.
Cryptrx

Activity: 498
Merit: 1

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 09:57:35 PM

Great information, I try to enable 2fa authenticator where ever it is possible, I use Blokada app on my phone and I'm sure it helps in filtering out phishing sites and malicious ads. I use try not to access my wallet too often except when it is necessary.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND •
CryptoSmile

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 10:05:44 PM

Use the best wallet that you think is very guaranteed security, and do not get stuck with the site they created that you end up entering and trapped in the trap. If you can apply this properly, then hackers will not be able to steal what is in the crypto wallet we have.
ImTree

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 06:09:48 PM

We will never be able to stop them, but we can secure ourselves from their interference in our money. There are many useful tips for the safety of the wallet, following them you can protect for your money.
Haliburton

Activity: 502
Merit: 118

Liberated Forever. Domesticated Never.

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 02:44:26 AM

Use the best wallet that you think is very guaranteed security, and do not get stuck with the site they created that you end up entering and trapped in the trap. If you can apply this properly, then hackers will not be able to steal what is in the crypto wallet we have.

This method is known as phishing. Hackers usually copy a site to host a fake version of their own, to trick other people into using it. The result of this is stolen funds, and even personal information, mostly due to the carelessness of newbies. There is software across the web, which alerts you of phishing sites, but in case it doesn't, you'll need to properly check the url or link of the online wallet you're browsing into.

Something like this happened with MyEtherWallet, but then it was quickly solved by the dev team. However, for greater safety, it's best that you download offline wallets or make use of a hardware wallet to prevent such unexpected situations. In some cases, the fault belongs to the development team which don't take the proper time to analyse the code for bugs, but in others, the fault belongs to the user himself.

Therefore, we should be cautious when dealing with our crypto funds in any kind of wallet, especially if it's a large amount of money proven to be attractive to hackers. Smiley

edsnowangel (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 39

Citowise-Developing Crypotpayment Infrastructure

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 03:41:52 PM

Something like this happened with MyEtherWallet, but then it was quickly solved by the dev team. However, for greater safety, it's best that you download offline wallets or make use of a hardware wallet to prevent such unexpected situations. In some cases, the fault belongs to the development team which don't take the proper time to analyse the code for bugs, but in others, the fault belongs to the user himself.

this is also cause by the public DNS of google it almost takes a week for the dev team to fix this error and so much wallets has been compromise and never take back their wallet balances. This cause hackers are getting smarter and smarter everyday.

sd
DaWidyaa

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:53:37 PM

Yes, in my opinion, this information is very useful for us all, especially for beginners like me, and I can add it to use wallet hardware such as nano ladger to make security better.
PJLimbo

Activity: 40

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:56:59 PM

Some get extremely inventive in putting away their keys. Some have them engraved on steel at that point put away in a protected, some encode them in music records, while others have them tatooed on their skin
caeles

Activity: 304

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:26:32 PM

This is a good information. It could help to eliminate those person who has a hacked wallets.

karagun125

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 11:39:22 PM

What a great information from our friend edsnowangel, this is so true as i experiencing now some of the said statement. In my gmail account, there are many massaging me that allows and offers an airdrop with a corresponding high rewards, and that's make me doubtful about since it has no reality for payments. Thanks for this very important information that awares us PHISING sites that are passed to us via email.
gesdan

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 12:38:35 AM

important things when you access in online wallet i think is checking the URL, is the URL is correct or not, because there are many links that fake, that will steal your username/password or private key and will steal your bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies

Fafabol

Activity: 267
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 12:46:22 AM

to prevent hackers from hacking your crypto wallet,you just have to carefully use any public wifi upon making any transactions via crypto wallet.Never give your private keys to anyone and never believe to people who offers an easy bitcoin earnings via internet.
edsnowangel (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 39

Citowise-Developing Crypotpayment Infrastructure

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 01:39:11 AM

to prevent hackers from hacking your crypto wallet,you just have to carefully use any public wifi upon making any transactions via crypto wallet.Never give your private keys to anyone and never believe to people who offers an easy bitcoin earnings via internet.

Yes right and remember hackers are getting smarter every day so be careful

sd
edutBTC

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 01:46:59 AM

These ways are so basic but it’s always good to remind this info. Thanks for sharing this with others, this kind of topics are the reason why i like this forum. We all should always be careful to protect our crypto wallet from hackers.

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: