Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:22:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HOW TO STOP HACKERS TO HACK YOUR CRYPTO WALLET  (Read 5308 times)
SixOfFive

Activity: 630
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 06:57:31 PM

1.   Try to create a long password so that it is difficult for the hackers to hack.
2.   Its safe to use two factor authentication.
3.   Always be careful when downloading anything because some things may have malware attached to them, thereby allowing the hackers to read everything on your phone.
4.   Please avoid using public wi fi as it makes it very easy for the hackers to hack the computers or phones connected to the network.
RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 02:04:33 PM

Thank you very much. The information you provide is very good for me and for beginners to participate in bitcoin. This is a great help and it is very important to protect the bitcoin account. I have recently restricted the use of the third party service, as well as not click the links that are in my email.
All good advice - way too difficult to actually do it.  Hackers are going to get your money and your family won't be able to buy a fish.  Bitcoin is dangerous.

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
dhanushilakshani

Activity: 177
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 04:47:49 PM

you can utilize a disconnected wallet to complete your activity and the record wallet or trazero wallet made for it clearly the earth isn't sheltered at all such a large number of cash stolen individuals so you need to pick the most secure
RyhaniFoyej

Activity: 392
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 05:35:50 PM

HOW TO STOP HACKERS TO HACK YOUR CRYPTO WALLET
Protect yourself from cyber criminals

Good day to all of you guys I am EdsnowAngel a programmer and a bit security tester in different platforms. Now I heard to my friends a lot of concerns saying "please help me my bitcoin wallet was hacked!!"
Ok ok first thing first when your bitcoin wallet gets compromised then your funds was send in different wallet then it is irreversible meaning no return of funds!! so I wanna tell everyone how to protect your bitcoin wallet from such kind of situation.

1st: Protect your GMAIL or EMAIL ACCOUNT

We all know we use GMAIL as our email provider for such accounts like blockchain then we can recover and approve login with email in some wallets, now when your email account was targeted and get compromised then say goodbye to your bitcoin.To secure your bitcoin wallet(ex: blockchain or other) go to your google account settings. and then turn on the 2FA(2nd factor authentication) here is the guide on how to do it: STEP BY STEP GUIDE

2nd: Use your own DEVICE or COMPUTER/PHONE

It's a very bad idea to use someones device(ex:from friend) to make a transaction in your bitcoin wallet why? because first you don't know what is the capability of that person regarding that matters and you don't know if that phone has a lot of malwares and spywares.So we cannot say that you are safe using someones device to make transactions.

3rd: Always backup you PK's or PRIVATE KEYS

This is the most important thing to remember for everyone using your ETH or BTC wallet without backing up your Private keys then you can't recover you wallet in case you forgot your wallet.PK's are very important but there are thing you should do first. Make sure you store your PK backup somewhere that you only know and not from your computer because there are some spyware that might inside of your computer that can steal that file so make sure you back it up print in a paper and hide it to the place where you only know.

4th: Don't open links from malicious emails

This method was called email phishing where an attacker will send the same email in thousands of random users once the victim will click the link in that email then his or her device was compromised to avoid this please do not click the links included in the email immediately please always have time to check who is the sender of that email and if that email is came from the site where it supposed to came from.

5th: Do not trust PUBLIC WIFI 

It's quite good to have access with free wifi's but have you think this: IS THIS A SAFE NETWORK? without you knowing maybe some of the people connected to that same network may have idea and skill on how to sniff passwords and credentials this method was so called DNS SPOOFING or SNIFFING if you want to use public wifi then use it not just with your bitcoin transactions.

6th: Do not login on Suspicious links

This method is called PHISHING where an attacker  will send you a link to login with your bitcoin wallet luring you with the legitimate site example is:
the real site is: https://www.blockchain.info/
the fake site is: http://www.blockchain.ga/

then once you login to the fake site then the hacker or attacker will have now your credentials. Please always check for the green lock on the url bar and the word HTTPS in the link.

so this are some of the way to stop hackers to hack your bitcoin or crypto wallet. If you have other information then you can comment it down and lets help others.

This is really a good advice for the bitcoin and other altcoin users. Thanks for the good advice.

Also the users have to protect their wallet by hard security key. They have not same security key at the different place and they have to change their security key some days after after. They should not give to anyone their personal security. It should have to hide. Thus they can save ans stop hackers to hack their crypto wallet.
joshua0502

Activity: 93

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 06:00:39 PM

First thing first is do not tell to anyone your personal accounts. That is why it is called personal why would you give to anyone you user and pass just think about it. Second is think before you click, there is a lot of entertaining images that pop ups on some websites it might hack your account and you private information will reveal. Third is do some research before you enter some website that required an private info. And of course always do a back up for some reasons, it is very unique way to get your stuffed be safe. And if you want to hide and keep safe your crypto coins, try a well known app that could possibly hide your coins and keep safe.
Jenits

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 06:10:28 AM

nice tips that I've ever read in this forum this information's will be very useful for the beginners here in the world of cryptocurrency for them to avoid hackers to hack their account.
lissandra3612

Activity: 73

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 08:23:31 AM

I will share how to secure my bitcoin wallet from these irresponsible hackers. I enabled the security features on my wallet completely, like turning on the 2FA feature and making sure the email address is not automatically forwarded to someone else's email. I will change my password bitcoin periodically.
Sydney Chapman

Activity: 26

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 08:28:21 AM

Any digital wallet can be hacked if the private key is exposed.

A private key is exposed only via user error (saving your private key in your email or desktop for example and having somebody find it).
P60

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 08:33:19 AM

In my opinion, you cannot ask hackers to stop hacking other’s account even though there’s law regarding on it. But, one thing is for sure, you can protect and secure your account so that, they won’t be able to access it.

James Fleming

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 08:36:59 AM

Remember again - on the one hand, blockchain has emerged popular because of some of its features. However, on the other hand, hackers donʼt sleep and there will be malicious penetrations.
Plus, exactly the anonymity of the owner makes it easy to be changed.
requiredto

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 09:42:25 AM

Think before we click and often we always connect our device where. Anyway this is a good information for all users, at least we can realize how to avoid being cheated and infiltrated by hackers and trying to steal money that is hindering their future. ta There are some good anti-virus and anti-malware software on your computer and most importantly use a hardwallet so that your computer is infected by these things you will still have some protection.
Blondy12

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 09:53:54 AM

HOW TO STOP HACKERS TO HACK YOUR CRYPTO WALLET
Protect yourself from cyber criminals

Good day to all of you guys I am EdsnowAngel a programmer and a bit security tester in different platforms. Now I heard to my friends a lot of concerns saying "please help me my bitcoin wallet was hacked!!"
Ok ok first thing first when your bitcoin wallet gets compromised then your funds was send in different wallet then it is irreversible meaning no return of funds!! so I wanna tell everyone how to protect your bitcoin wallet from such kind of situation.

1st: Protect your GMAIL or EMAIL ACCOUNT

We all know we use GMAIL as our email provider for such accounts like blockchain then we can recover and approve login with email in some wallets, now when your email account was targeted and get compromised then say goodbye to your bitcoin.To secure your bitcoin wallet(ex: blockchain or other) go to your google account settings. and then turn on the 2FA(2nd factor authentication) here is the guide on how to do it: STEP BY STEP GUIDE

2nd: Use your own DEVICE or COMPUTER/PHONE

It's a very bad idea to use someones device(ex:from friend) to make a transaction in your bitcoin wallet why? because first you don't know what is the capability of that person regarding that matters and you don't know if that phone has a lot of malwares and spywares.So we cannot say that you are safe using someones device to make transactions.

3rd: Always backup you PK's or PRIVATE KEYS

This is the most important thing to remember for everyone using your ETH or BTC wallet without backing up your Private keys then you can't recover you wallet in case you forgot your wallet.PK's are very important but there are thing you should do first. Make sure you store your PK backup somewhere that you only know and not from your computer because there are some spyware that might inside of your computer that can steal that file so make sure you back it up print in a paper and hide it to the place where you only know.

4th: Don't open links from malicious emails

This method was called email phishing where an attacker will send the same email in thousands of random users once the victim will click the link in that email then his or her device was compromised to avoid this please do not click the links included in the email immediately please always have time to check who is the sender of that email and if that email is came from the site where it supposed to came from.

5th: Do not trust PUBLIC WIFI 

It's quite good to have access with free wifi's but have you think this: IS THIS A SAFE NETWORK? without you knowing maybe some of the people connected to that same network may have idea and skill on how to sniff passwords and credentials this method was so called DNS SPOOFING or SNIFFING if you want to use public wifi then use it not just with your bitcoin transactions.

6th: Do not login on Suspicious links

This method is called PHISHING where an attacker  will send you a link to login with your bitcoin wallet luring you with the legitimate site example is:
the real site is: https://www.blockchain.info/
the fake site is: http://www.blockchain.ga/

then once you login to the fake site then the hacker or attacker will have now your credentials. Please always check for the green lock on the url bar and the word HTTPS in the link.

so this are some of the way to stop hackers to hack your bitcoin or crypto wallet. If you have other information then you can comment it down and lets help others.
The above mention are all correct but actually to avoid hackers are all depend on us holders. Our credibility to secure our privacy in any aspects. On how we handle our stuff especially on what matter to us most like our private keys, passwords our stuffs that are connected to our valuable. Hackers are everywhere and if we are careless then we’ll end up with regrets. Just be careful and secure everything that are important to us is the main key.
ansarose1

Activity: 784
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 10:05:14 AM

A precise idea, best information and answer by edsnowangel, thanks to him that we are aware now on how we stop or care from a hacker that hacks our crypto wallet. We should be all reminded that do not go or click from a link we are not aware of.
Relax Mama

Activity: 130

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 10:22:57 AM

This post will surely help a lot of guys concerning about their accounts. Well hackers have no limits. If they can hack CIA or FBI's or other security organizations account, Bitcoin account is nothing to them.So all we could do is take some protective measures. All the things mentioned in the post is mandatory to take some precautions. Good luck everyone.
FalconB

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 04:48:11 PM

Thank you for the article, but it seems to me that it's enough for a redistributor not to download suspicious files, learn to distinguish phishing sites from real ones and not connect to the public wi-fi-these are the most important reasons why they steal wallets
dongajow

Activity: 289

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 04:52:34 PM

Traditional currencies can be stored in physical wallets or bank accounts. But storing cryptocurrencies is a bit more complicated of a process. They’re stored on the blockchain. The addresses to wallets on the blockchain act like the account numbers to a traditional bank account. Every wallet has a private address and a public address, as we’ve already covered. However, you should never store actual tokens or coins in your wallet if you can help it. Only store the public and private addresses there. Most coins have an official wallet, called a “core wallet,” created by the same company that made the coin and the software that backs it.
If you’re just looking to store cryptocurrency and don’t plan on making trades anytime soon, keep all of your coins in a cold wallet. Cold wallets aren’t connected to the internet, which reduces your risk of being hacked online by taking your coins off of exchanges.

Notrem

Activity: 111

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 05:04:04 PM

There is only one thing to do, just to be away from classic and normal wallets and try to use hardware or cold wallets, that is the only way in that you are never going to be hacked by any of them. Just take care of your safety, that is how it works

koreano111

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 01:49:05 AM

Thanks for the good advice. Avoid using public wifi as it makes it very easy for hackers to hack computers or phones connected to the network. They do not have the same security key elsewhere and they have to change their security key a few days later. It will have to hide.
bstewart

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 02:01:19 AM

All great recommendations but imo the main and most important thing to do is get yourself a hardware ASAP and store the private key securely.
developno1

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 05:01:03 AM

They do not have the same security key elsewhere and they have to change their security key a few days later. It will have to hide. First thing first is do not tell anyone your personal account. The second is thinking before you click, there are a lot of entertaining pictures pop up on some sites it can hack your account and your personal information will reveal. And of course always do a backup for some reason, it is a very unique way to get your stuffed to be safe.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: