Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:09:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HOW TO STOP HACKERS TO HACK YOUR CRYPTO WALLET  (Read 5308 times)
airdnasxela

Activity: 728
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 01:52:06 AM

HOW TO STOP HACKERS TO HACK YOUR CRYPTO WALLET
Protect yourself from cyber criminals

Good day to all of you guys I am EdsnowAngel a programmer and a bit security tester in different platforms. Now I heard to my friends a lot of concerns saying "please help me my bitcoin wallet was hacked!!"
Ok ok first thing first when your bitcoin wallet gets compromised then your funds was send in different wallet then it is irreversible meaning no return of funds!! so I wanna tell everyone how to protect your bitcoin wallet from such kind of situation.

1st: Protect your GMAIL or EMAIL ACCOUNT

We all know we use GMAIL as our email provider for such accounts like blockchain then we can recover and approve login with email in some wallets, now when your email account was targeted and get compromised then say goodbye to your bitcoin.To secure your bitcoin wallet(ex: blockchain or other) go to your google account settings. and then turn on the 2FA(2nd factor authentication) here is the guide on how to do it: STEP BY STEP GUIDE

2nd: Use your own DEVICE or COMPUTER/PHONE

It's a very bad idea to use someones device(ex:from friend) to make a transaction in your bitcoin wallet why? because first you don't know what is the capability of that person regarding that matters and you don't know if that phone has a lot of malwares and spywares.So we cannot say that you are safe using someones device to make transactions.

3rd: Always backup you PK's or PRIVATE KEYS

This is the most important thing to remember for everyone using your ETH or BTC wallet without backing up your Private keys then you can't recover you wallet in case you forgot your wallet.PK's are very important but there are thing you should do first. Make sure you store your PK backup somewhere that you only know and not from your computer because there are some spyware that might inside of your computer that can steal that file so make sure you back it up print in a paper and hide it to the place where you only know.

4th: Don't open links from malicious emails

This method was called email phishing where an attacker will send the same email in thousands of random users once the victim will click the link in that email then his or her device was compromised to avoid this please do not click the links included in the email immediately please always have time to check who is the sender of that email and if that email is came from the site where it supposed to came from.

5th: Do not trust PUBLIC WIFI 

It's quite good to have access with free wifi's but have you think this: IS THIS A SAFE NETWORK? without you knowing maybe some of the people connected to that same network may have idea and skill on how to sniff passwords and credentials this method was so called DNS SPOOFING or SNIFFING if you want to use public wifi then use it not just with your bitcoin transactions.

6th: Do not login on Suspicious links

This method is called PHISHING where an attacker  will send you a link to login with your bitcoin wallet luring you with the legitimate site example is:
the real site is: https://www.blockchain.info/
the fake site is: http://www.blockchain.ga/

then once you login to the fake site then the hacker or attacker will have now your credentials. Please always check for the green lock on the url bar and the word HTTPS in the link.

so this are some of the way to stop hackers to hack your bitcoin or crypto wallet. If you have other information then you can comment it down and lets help others.
These things, if you have noticed, are actually fundamental and anyone should actually know it not just for your cryptocurrency wallet but actually for all you accounts in the digital world. One thing j have noticed and anyone might to this post is that it is all about the person. This means that we can all prevent hackers having kjr cryptocurrency wallet, and that is so true. Hacking of your wallet can just happen in the carelessness of the person. One tip, don't be careless. If you are not careless then definitely I think your wallet wouldn't be hacked by hackers.
Nhebu

Activity: 616
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 02:00:32 AM

Good day to all of you guys I am EdsnowAngel a programmer and a bit security tester in different platforms. Now I heard to my friends a lot of concerns saying "please help me my bitcoin wallet was hacked!!"
Ok ok first thing first when your bitcoin wallet gets compromised then your funds was send in different wallet then it is irreversible meaning no return of funds!! so I wanna tell everyone how to protect your bitcoin wallet from such kind of situation.

We all know we use GMAIL as our email provider for such accounts like blockchain then we can recover and approve login with email in some wallets, now when your email account was targeted and get compromised then say goodbye to your bitcoin.To secure your bitcoin wallet(ex: blockchain or other) go to your google account settings. and then turn on the 2FA(2nd factor authentication) here is the guide on how to do it: STEP BY STEP GUIDE

It's a very bad idea to use someones device(ex:from friend) to make a transaction in your bitcoin wallet why? because first you don't know what is the capability of that person regarding that matters and you don't know if that phone has a lot of malwares and spywares.So we cannot say that you are safe using someones device to make transactions.

This is the most important thing to remember for everyone using your ETH or BTC wallet without backing up your Private keys then you can't recover you wallet in case you forgot your wallet.PK's are very important but there are thing you should do first. Make sure you store your PK backup somewhere that you only know and not from your computer because there are some spyware that might inside of your computer that can steal that file so make sure you back it up print in a paper and hide it to the place where you only know.

This method was called email phishing where an attacker will send the same email in thousands of random users once the victim will click the link in that email then his or her device was compromised to avoid this please do not click the links included in the email immediately please always have time to check who is the sender of that email and if that email is came from the site where it supposed to came from.

It's quite good to have access with free wifi's but have you think this: IS THIS A SAFE NETWORK? without you knowing maybe some of the people connected to that same network may have idea and skill on how to sniff passwords and credentials this method was so called DNS SPOOFING or SNIFFING if you want to use public wifi then use it not just with your bitcoin transactions.

This method is called PHISHING where an attacker  will send you a link to login with your bitcoin wallet luring you with the legitimate site example is:

then once you login to the fake site then the hacker or attacker will have now your credentials. Please always check for the green lock on the url bar and the word HTTPS in the link.

so this are some of the way to stop hackers to hack your bitcoin or crypto wallet. If you have other information then you can comment it down and lets help others.
I want to quote this because it is useful. There are many ways to kill a cat and securing our assets in cryptocurrency must be done so that we prevent from being hacked. There are many hackers around crypto community and being aware of this kind of stuff will help us to protect our keys.
yndye

Activity: 616
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 02:10:35 AM

to prevent hackers from hacking your crypto wallet,you just have to carefully use any public wifi upon making any transactions via crypto wallet.Never give your private keys to anyone and never believe to people who offers an easy bitcoin earnings via internet.

Yes, those are the advise by OP and some other options too. Earning online is just too risky when you don't know how to protect your account and you are not aware of the strategies use by hackers to access your account so it is good that OP has laid out some ways to protect it. We need advises like this because every day, hackers are finding some ways to get your coins from you. I would also suggest to refrain from showing off in social media your earnings because most likely they would target you as they are just lurking there.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████████▀▀███████████████▄
██████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀  █████████████
███████████▄▄█▀  ▄███▀   █████████
█████████████  ▄███▀      ██████████
▄████████████████▀        ███████████▄
██████████████▀          ▄████████████
███████████▀             █████████████
████████▀               ██████████████
████████▄              ███  ██████████
▀██████████████        ██  █▀ ███████▀
███████████████      ██▀ ▄█ ▄███████
██████████████     ███  █  ███████
██████████████   ▄██  █▀ ███████
▀████████████▄ ▄█████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

▄████████████████████▄
████████      ████████
██████████████████████
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██████████▀▀██████████
████████▀    ▀████████
████████▄    ▄████████
▀█████████▄▄█████████▀
  Download on the
App Store

GET IT ON
Google Play
  ●  FACEBOOK
●  TWITTER
●  TELEGRAM
winterland

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 02:42:14 AM

It is a nice guide but that should be the minimum, hackers are evolving and they are able to hack you in many ways and if people are not aware of them then they will lose their money, many people download their wallet from the wrong site and if you do that no amount of precautions are going to protect you since the hacker will take all your funds with ease.
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 03:21:48 AM

Use the best wallet that you think is very guaranteed security, and do not get stuck with the site they created that you end up entering and trapped in the trap. If you can apply this properly, then hackers will not be able to steal what is in the crypto wallet we have.
I suggest desktop wallet or hardware wallet besides you will avoid the risk of hacking. You will avoid the risk of a third party being a scam also. sometimes greedy traits can appear to all humans right? including the owner of the exchange site. of course we have heard exchange sites become scams
delightme

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 07:35:45 AM

The type of wallet you use matter and the sit you download the wallet. Do not trust anybody, do not show anybody your private key because everybody is a suspect. Just be carefully in using any public wifi or making any transactons in crypto wallet, be careful about those that offers fast bitcoin earning in the internet.
skish85

Activity: 485
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 03:27:41 PM

Experts recommend keeping all data in their computers, not on online services, making all copies of files in a timely manner, not storing all bitcoins in one purse and constantly updating the operating system, taking into account all new security requirements.
tonthoduy

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 03:42:34 PM

You will avoid the risk of a third party being a scam. Earning online is just too risky when you don't know how to protect your account. hackers are evolving and they are able to hack you in many ways
Gotumoot

Activity: 1372
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 03:58:21 PM

Use the best wallet that you think is very guaranteed security, and do not get stuck with the site they created that you end up entering and trapped in the trap. If you can apply this properly, then hackers will not be able to steal what is in the crypto wallet we have.
I suggest desktop wallet or hardware wallet besides you will avoid the risk of hacking. You will avoid the risk of a third party being a scam also. sometimes greedy traits can appear to all humans right? including the owner of the exchange site. of course we have heard exchange sites become scams

We cant prevent the hacking. If people want to hack something, they will do it whatever it takes. All we can do is to be careful on using social media, trust only yourself. Also be careful on where you put your wallets key, because if someone that have knowledge on accessing that, they might steal your investments.
MirzaofDaska

Activity: 30
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 04:42:19 PM

by following ways
Don’t leave your funds on exchanges
Use online and offline wallets
Use Cold Storage
Never tell anyone about your Income and profits
Do not click on any miscellaneous Emails and link
mutrang23

Activity: 484

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 04:45:32 PM

I believe hackers cannot do my wallet hack because I believe in how I protect my personal information. The floors hacked and hackers steal all the information and property because they have exposed the knowledge of the exchange. Just protect the information you will not need to worry about being hacked.
edsnowangel (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 39

Citowise-Developing Crypotpayment Infrastructure

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2018, 05:54:34 AM

Experts recommend keeping all data in their computers, not on online services, making all copies of files in a timely manner, not storing all bitcoins in one purse and constantly updating the operating system, taking into account all new security requirements.

I recommed having a hard copy rather than soft copy computerss can be also compromised with hacking methods and if your computer got compromised they can steal much of your file so hard copy is great

sd
cutecute

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 06:36:59 AM

I think the only way to stop hackers to hack your crypto wallet is that do not trust others because if you trust others there is a chance that they will take that as an opportunity.
thuthanh

Activity: 347

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 07:11:22 AM

One of the reliable ways to prevent the attack of hackers is to use a hardware wallet, which is convenient to use.
If you simply keep a long term coin, your advice will be very reasonable. But most people are daily traders, security concerns involve many things and also more difficult.
Jesusghergo

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 07:29:41 AM

It is also depended on the wallet we choose, we should choose which is reputed and have good flow of transactions as we see there was various platforms available now a days for using our crypto by attracting low transaction fees etc so there should be a check mark.
edsnowangel (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 06:03:50 AM

One of the reliable ways to prevent the attack of hackers is to use a hardware wallet, which is convenient to use.
If you simply keep a long term coin, your advice will be very reasonable. But most people are daily traders, security concerns involve many things and also more difficult.

yes  most of the peoples are traders having just a wallet is not enough what if the account you use in the exchange platform you use is not that secure same as your wallet then there is a possibility that your coins might get stolen right?

sd
MaxApple147

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:48:16 AM

Very much simple, first of all never store your crypto in your phone, secondly choose a good wallet in this case you can choose hardware wallets and never disclose any news about your privet key.
cherrymobile

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:51:05 AM

what am going to say GOOODJOB sir i think this thread will helps a lot of people to be safe always by hackers and they will know how to protecft their crypto account from hackers like phsing sites and more and they know how what is the good way to store it i salute you.
heartwreck

Activity: 162

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 07:25:00 AM

Very nice way of spreading this kind of information it is very helpful. I myself did it. I do wrote down on my notes my public key and didnt ever share my passwords to any one.
edsnowangel (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 08:16:48 AM

what am going to say GOOODJOB sir i think this thread will helps a lot of people to be safe always by hackers and they will know how to protecft their crypto account from hackers like phsing sites and more and they know how what is the good way to store it i salute you.

hope you can spread this information with your friends because right now hacking of cryptos are very popular and most of the hackers are in it. Because they see the value of the crypto currency in today's world.

sd
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: