Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:14:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HOW TO STOP HACKERS TO HACK YOUR CRYPTO WALLET  (Read 5308 times)
edsnowangel (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 39

Citowise-Developing Crypotpayment Infrastructure

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 12:01:11 PM
Merited by bhabygrim (3), adpinbr (2), Nasty23 (2), yndye (2), RodeoX (1), gabbie2010 (1), Dudeperfect (1), Aveatrex (1), EnormousCoin101 (1), aintnopassincraze (1)

HOW TO STOP HACKERS TO HACK YOUR CRYPTO WALLET
Protect yourself from cyber criminals

Good day to all of you guys I am EdsnowAngel a programmer and a bit security tester in different platforms. Now I heard to my friends a lot of concerns saying "please help me my bitcoin wallet was hacked!!"
Ok ok first thing first when your bitcoin wallet gets compromised then your funds was send in different wallet then it is irreversible meaning no return of funds!! so I wanna tell everyone how to protect your bitcoin wallet from such kind of situation.

1st: Protect your GMAIL or EMAIL ACCOUNT

We all know we use GMAIL as our email provider for such accounts like blockchain then we can recover and approve login with email in some wallets, now when your email account was targeted and get compromised then say goodbye to your bitcoin.To secure your bitcoin wallet(ex: blockchain or other) go to your google account settings. and then turn on the 2FA(2nd factor authentication) here is the guide on how to do it: STEP BY STEP GUIDE

2nd: Use your own DEVICE or COMPUTER/PHONE

It's a very bad idea to use someones device(ex:from friend) to make a transaction in your bitcoin wallet why? because first you don't know what is the capability of that person regarding that matters and you don't know if that phone has a lot of malwares and spywares.So we cannot say that you are safe using someones device to make transactions.

3rd: Always backup you PK's or PRIVATE KEYS

This is the most important thing to remember for everyone using your ETH or BTC wallet without backing up your Private keys then you can't recover you wallet in case you forgot your wallet.PK's are very important but there are thing you should do first. Make sure you store your PK backup somewhere that you only know and not from your computer because there are some spyware that might inside of your computer that can steal that file so make sure you back it up print in a paper and hide it to the place where you only know.

4th: Don't open links from malicious emails

This method was called email phishing where an attacker will send the same email in thousands of random users once the victim will click the link in that email then his or her device was compromised to avoid this please do not click the links included in the email immediately please always have time to check who is the sender of that email and if that email is came from the site where it supposed to came from.

5th: Do not trust PUBLIC WIFI 

It's quite good to have access with free wifi's but have you think this: IS THIS A SAFE NETWORK? without you knowing maybe some of the people connected to that same network may have idea and skill on how to sniff passwords and credentials this method was so called DNS SPOOFING or SNIFFING if you want to use public wifi then use it not just with your bitcoin transactions.

6th: Do not login on Suspicious links

This method is called PHISHING where an attacker  will send you a link to login with your bitcoin wallet luring you with the legitimate site example is:
the real site is: https://www.blockchain.info/
the fake site is: http://www.blockchain.ga/

then once you login to the fake site then the hacker or attacker will have now your credentials. Please always check for the green lock on the url bar and the word HTTPS in the link.

so this are some of the way to stop hackers to hack your bitcoin or crypto wallet. If you have other information then you can comment it down and lets help others.

sd

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
thaitea.deluxe

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:16:42 PM

Nice information for beginner here. bitcoin has attract many peoples including the bad one such as hacker and scammer.
you must protect your wallet, never trust anyone. it will safe.
Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:48:50 PM

Good information. Choice of wallets are important too, I will restrain from using third party and online wallets. It is easy target for hacker too.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

edsnowangel (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 09:08:43 PM

Good information. Choice of wallets are important too, I will restrain from using third party and online wallets. It is easy target for hacker too.

What are the wallet you think give such high security would you mind to suggest?

sd
theyoungmillionaire

Activity: 375
Merit: 1021

Just in case no one loves you, I love you 3000.

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 08:38:44 AM

-snip-

This method is called PHISHING where an attacker  will send you a link to login with your bitcoin wallet luring you with the legitimate site example is:

then once you login to the fake site then the hacker or attacker will have now your credentials. Please always check for the green lock on the url bar and the word HTTPS in the link.

so this are some of the way to stop hackers to hack your bitcoin or crypto wallet. If you have other information then you can comment it down and lets help others.

Hi, can you please add these links as your sample:
Legit: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0
Fake: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0
Therefore, users will know the difference between the legit bitcointalk (.org) and fake bitcointalk (.to).

edsnowangel (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2018, 08:47:37 AM

-snip-

This method is called PHISHING where an attacker  will send you a link to login with your bitcoin wallet luring you with the legitimate site example is:

Hi, can you please add these links as your sample:
Legit: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0
Fake: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0
Therefore, users will know the difference between the legit bitcointalk (.org) and fake bitcointalk (.to).

sure sir Smiley I am making a thread in the PH local sir Smiley
making and listing all scam links Smiley

sd
wndrbr3d

Activity: 914
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 08:58:54 AM

You can greatly reduce the risk of theft of your cryptocurrency if you use cold wallets, such as Ledger or Trezor, for example.
As for me - it is rather comfortable to have Ledger and use it (for MEW login for example) everywhere without any fears.
BitcSeo

Activity: 1009
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 09:05:06 AM

Good day to all of you guys I am EdsnowAngel a programmer and a bit security tester in different platforms. Now I heard to my friends a lot of concerns saying "please help me my bitcoin wallet was hacked!!"
Ok ok first thing first when your bitcoin wallet gets compromised then your funds was send in different wallet then it is irreversible meaning no return of funds!! so I wanna tell everyone how to protect your bitcoin wallet from such kind of situation.

We all know we use GMAIL as our email provider for such accounts like blockchain then we can recover and approve login with email in some wallets, now when your email account was targeted and get compromised then say goodbye to your bitcoin.To secure your bitcoin wallet(ex: blockchain or other) go to your google account settings. and then turn on the 2FA(2nd factor authentication) here is the guide on how to do it: STEP BY STEP GUIDE

It's a very bad idea to use someones device(ex:from friend) to make a transaction in your bitcoin wallet why? because first you don't know what is the capability of that person regarding that matters and you don't know if that phone has a lot of malwares and spywares.So we cannot say that you are safe using someones device to make transactions.

This is the most important thing to remember for everyone using your ETH or BTC wallet without backing up your Private keys then you can't recover you wallet in case you forgot your wallet.PK's are very important but there are thing you should do first. Make sure you store your PK backup somewhere that you only know and not from your computer because there are some spyware that might inside of your computer that can steal that file so make sure you back it up print in a paper and hide it to the place where you only know.

This method was called email phishing where an attacker will send the same email in thousands of random users once the victim will click the link in that email then his or her device was compromised to avoid this please do not click the links included in the email immediately please always have time to check who is the sender of that email and if that email is came from the site where it supposed to came from.

It's quite good to have access with free wifi's but have you think this: IS THIS A SAFE NETWORK? without you knowing maybe some of the people connected to that same network may have idea and skill on how to sniff passwords and credentials this method was so called DNS SPOOFING or SNIFFING if you want to use public wifi then use it not just with your bitcoin transactions.

This method is called PHISHING where an attacker  will send you a link to login with your bitcoin wallet luring you with the legitimate site example is:

Nice info's but, i think most advanced computer user's are already familiar with most of these hacking strategies except for the benefit of newbies.

Do you have any idea's or knowledge about protecting wallet against possible so-called bitcoin private key generator? This are program developed to automatically guest & crack encrypted key through a combination of certain number's

I pointed out this because, now their are lot of advanced hacking techniques which has been employed to steal coin. I think security tester's and coder's in bitcoin enviroment should  focus more on this area's.

Thanks for the info's
Bitcseo

S🌏larplaNET  Rome🗺 🗺
edsnowangel (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2018, 09:05:59 AM

You can greatly reduce the risk of theft of your cryptocurrency if you use cold wallets, such as Ledger or Trezor, for example.
As for me - it is rather comfortable to have Ledger and use it (for MEW login for example) everywhere without any fears.

Yes sir but sometimes people want's free wallets

sd
chillitabit

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 09:06:30 AM

very good post serving the community, I really like to see this kind of info here instead of asking why the price is not 1 trillion usd per 1 bitcoin Smiley should be inspiration for other users too
edsnowangel (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2018, 09:07:57 AM

Nice info's but, i think most advanced computer user's are already familiar with most of these hacking strategies except for the benefit of newbies.

Do you have any idea's or knowledge about protecting wallet against possible so-called bitcoin private key generator? This are program developed to automatically guest & crack encrypted key through a combination of certain number's

I pointed out this because, now their are lot of advanced hacking techniques which has been employed to steal coin. I think security tester's and coder's in bitcoin enviroment should  focus more on this area's.

Thanks for the info's
Bitcseo

yes I actually programmed it Smiley Private key generator but I am thinking if I would share this to this forum since sometime people don't give a look in this thread but I am looking forward to share the information Smiley I actually working on it what are the process and etc to prevent it and precautions to do.

sd
edsnowangel (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2018, 09:09:32 AM

very good post serving the community, I really like to see this kind of info here instead of asking why the price is not 1 trillion usd per 1 bitcoin Smiley should be inspiration for other users too

thanks  for passing by Smiley hope you can have a look in my other post I merely focusing on users security in the internet when making crypto currency things

sd
joykulot

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 09:11:10 AM

Thanks for your full information to protect our wallet from the hackers. Especially to those who like me as a new in cryptocurrency. This is useful, and warn for me. I will not trust a person I know just yet
edsnowangel (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2018, 09:14:41 AM

Thanks for your full information to protect our wallet from the hackers. Especially to those who like me as a new in cryptocurrency. This is useful, and warn for me. I will not trust a person I know just yet

your welcome Smiley my pleasure to help all of you Smiley

sd
rumexx

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 09:15:10 AM

Thanks for  the info. It is apt. Blockchain has a level of security compare to Ethereum which has  a little or no security at all. All your effort to protect your private key must be at the maximum because once someone has your private key that account is gone and lost.
ckybe

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 09:16:48 AM

One of those tips came in handy and I reviewed my opsec.. Just getting back into crypto.  Thanks
edsnowangel (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2018, 09:17:57 AM

Thanks for  the info. It is apt. Blockchain has a level of security compare to Ethereum which has  a little or no security at all. All your effort to protect your private key must be at the maximum because once someone has your private key that account is gone and lost.

yes absolutely right our security is in our own hand when using ethereum because we have the control of the private key and other sensitive information

sd
edsnowangel (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2018, 09:20:03 AM

One of those tips came in handy and I reviewed my opsec.. Just getting back into crypto.  Thanks

thanks for passing by sir have a great day if you have time to look out for mo just watch my profile and there are all my post

sd
vanedwap

Activity: 560
Merit: 113

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2018, 09:25:00 AM

you cant stop hacker to hack account but you can prevent hacker to hack your account by doing all the tips above securing your account is very important

edsnowangel (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2018, 09:26:28 AM

you cant stop hacker to hack account but you can prevent hacker to hack your account by doing all the tips above securing your account is very important

yes absolutely this some of the steps in preventing them to be success in their plans against you

sd
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: