Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:28:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HOW TO STOP HACKERS TO HACK YOUR CRYPTO WALLET  (Read 5308 times)
jyotianand01

Activity: 980
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2018, 04:03:17 PM

Your suggestions are correct but the safest way is the hardware wallets which are fully secured from any vulnerabilities and totally secured from any infiltration. Hardware wallets cannot be accessed by anyone other than the owner and they don't have any private key which can be compromised.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   
WPPENERGY
.World Power Production.

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   

..INQUIRE..
━━━━━━━━
brutalboy

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 04:25:14 PM

The answer appears to be obvious, but I'll type it, anyways.

1. Never use online wallets/exchanges to store your coins when you don't trade;
2. Use either Trezor or Ledger Nano S cold wallet; or
3. Use paper wallet and keep your keys and secret phrases in several secure places.
4. Don't brag about having/earning lots of BTC.  Cool

pdutta
Copper Member

Activity: 616

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2018, 05:48:34 PM

Great information, it will help to protect our wallet from the hackers. The security of our wallets is in our hands only. Always remember that don't click any suspicious link that has been sent to you, shared on any social media sites. I think hardware wallet is the safest way to protect your coins from hacker.

●   TOKPIE   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  GET ETHEREUM FOR YOUR BOUNTY STAKES  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  instantly & regularly  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
ParveZ219

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 05:53:03 PM

Hackers can hack software sonli and not hardware so always keep your private key in a paper and do not store it in any of your notepad or email account Or just try to use hardware wallets which is having a lot of security.
BronstadID

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 06:55:52 PM

HOW TO STOP HACKERS TO HACK YOUR CRYPTO WALLET
PRINT IT AND KEEP IN SAFE!
https://walletgenerator.net/images/overview.png

Yes, this is the most affordable and one of the most reliable ways to safeguard your digital assets from hackers. I prefer cold wallets, though. My favorite is Ledger Nano S. BUT be sure to buy one from an official reseller and don't use someone else's wallet. It's too risky.
Anita1873

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2018, 07:15:38 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2018, 05:47:19 AM by Anita1873

The safest way to protect your wallet from hackers is the hardware wallet because it is completely safe from any deficiency and is completely safe from any type of Phishing attacks. Hardware wallet cannot be accessed because no private key is there which hackers try to get from you.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████   PARTICIPATE NOW!
  █████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
██ █  Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
cahbagus555

Activity: 756
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 08:15:17 AM

Most of the times a token holder can be get hacked by hackers through there email account because hacking a bitcoin or an crypto wallet is much difficult to hackers due to there secure methods but hacking an email account maybe easy by some how getting the passwords and because most people have saved there private keys of there wallets inside there email accounts getting into the email account means hacking his or her wallet

Indeed, most people get hacked because they receiving suspicious link on their email and visiting that link. Those link always need your private key. Better always aware on suspicious link on our email because hacker want to steal our coin with that link
Paanderson

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 10:41:27 AM

There are a lot of way to protect yourself from hackers and among them the most important thing is be careful in the case of choosing wallets because if we failed to choose the strong and safest wallet then hackers can easily do their work.
TentallyMooN

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 02:52:34 PM

Be very careful when storing your passwords and secret keys. And also there is a danger of getting on a fraudulent site-so check the address of your wallet's website
We can not stop the hackers to hack because if the hackers will predict that our wallet is not secured for sure they will hack our wallet and all of our crypto will gone that's why as holder of cryptos always take care our private keys and dont share our wallet on social media.
Well, then we need to keep our savings in different places. For example, if even your one wallet is hacked, then you will not lose all your money
Viperziper

Activity: 15

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 07:17:53 PM

Thanks for sharing! This is very important. But you know what?
The rules you have shared are simple and easy to follow, but many people are too lazy or careless and often break the rules #1, #4, and #6. Can you believe it? They think 2FA is too much fuss and then go and open links in their emails. I know guys who did it more than once! Some of them had troubles with their banking accounts and one of them had to "pay" crypto cash for such a fascinating lesson in computer security. Apparently, one lesson isn't enough for some people Wink
12tribes

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 07:33:14 PM

This is most interesting and quite a comprehensive write up on the way and manner wallets get compromised or how people loose vital and important details about their assets. it is important that everyone take heed of the following irrespective of whether you are a beginner or master. You could never know it all. Just one wrong move and it could be all over!

cryptofeel

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 07:38:00 PM

I am quite sure this is a proof that there have been many occasions of compromised accounts on the bitcoin platform either by sheer carelessness or ignorance or both. There is a need for all and sundry to take heed irrespective of your status, location or activity. This way we contribute to the stability of the markets and business.
ehiozuwa

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 09:48:56 PM

We really need to keep hackers away from our assets, it is now good practice not to display your wealth or boast of your assets online, so as not to make yourself a target. In addition  to the listed precautions, keep your email address secured as it can leave you vulnerable for online hot wallets especially if you don't own the private keys
CokeIHead

Activity: 7

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 09:09:02 PM

Protect yourself from cyber criminals

5th: Do not trust PUBLIC WIFI 

It's quite good to have access with free wifi's but have you think this: IS THIS A SAFE NETWORK? without you knowing maybe some of the people connected to that same network may have idea and skill on how to sniff passwords and credentials this method was so called DNS SPOOFING or SNIFFING if you want to use public wifi then use it not just with your bitcoin transactions.

I agree with everything you wrote here, but just wanted to add that whenever you use PUBLIC WIFI (sometimes you simply don't have choice), you should use a VPN service, which will prevent you from many troubles.

Thank you!
CainCoin

Activity: 17

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 01:35:32 AM

It's quite good to have access with free wifi's but have you think this: IS THIS A SAFE NETWORK? without you knowing maybe some of the people connected to that same network may have idea and skill on how to sniff passwords and credentials this method was so called DNS SPOOFING or SNIFFING if you want to use public wifi then use it not just with your bitcoin transactions.

I agree with everything you wrote here, but just wanted to add that whenever you use PUBLIC WIFI (sometimes you simply don't have choice), you should use a VPN service, which will prevent you from many troubles.

Thank you!

That's right. A good VPN is a cornerstone of online security. And it's not only limited to PUBLIC WIFI. Every time you go online and enter your login and password, it is potentially unsafe unless you use a trusted VPN service and with crypto it's a MUST. So, I guess VPN should also be included on the list.
Otherwise, the list is nearly perfect. Thanks for sharing!
Babyrica0226

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 08:50:08 AM

Good day to all of you guys I am EdsnowAngel a programmer and a bit security tester in different platforms. Now I heard to my friends a lot of concerns saying "please help me my bitcoin wallet was hacked!!"
Ok ok first thing first when your bitcoin wallet gets compromised then your funds was send in different wallet then it is irreversible meaning no return of funds!! so I wanna tell everyone how to protect your bitcoin wallet from such kind of situation.

1st: Protect your GMAIL or EMAIL ACCOUNT

We all know we use GMAIL as our email provider for such accounts like blockchain then we can recover and approve login with email in some wallets, now when your email account was targeted and get compromised then say goodbye to your bitcoin.To secure your bitcoin wallet(ex: blockchain or other) go to your google account settings. and then turn on the 2FA(2nd factor authentication) here is the guide on how to do it: STEP BY STEP GUIDE

2nd: Use your own DEVICE or COMPUTER/PHONE

It's a very bad idea to use someones device(ex:from friend) to make a transaction in your bitcoin wallet why? because first you don't know what is the capability of that person regarding that matters and you don't know if that phone has a lot of malwares and spywares.So we cannot say that you are safe using someones device to make transactions.

3rd: Always backup you PK's or PRIVATE KEYS

This is the most important thing to remember for everyone using your ETH or BTC wallet without backing up your Private keys then you can't recover you wallet in case you forgot your wallet.PK's are very important but there are thing you should do first. Make sure you store your PK backup somewhere that you only know and not from your computer because there are some spyware that might inside of your computer that can steal that file so make sure you back it up print in a paper and hide it to the place where you only know.

4th: Don't open links from malicious emails

This method was called email phishing where an attacker will send the same email in thousands of random users once the victim will click the link in that email then his or her device was compromised to avoid this please do not click the links included in the email immediately please always have time to check who is the sender of that email and if that email is came from the site where it supposed to came from.

6th: Do not login on Suspicious links

This method is called PHISHING where an attacker  will send you a link to login with your bitcoin wallet luring you with the legitimate site example is:
the real site is: https://www.blockchain.info/
the fake site is: http://www.blockchain.ga/

then once you login to the fake site then the hacker or attacker will have now your credentials. Please always check for the green lock on the url bar and the word HTTPS in the link.

so this are some of the way to stop hackers to hack your bitcoin or crypto wallet. If you have other information then you can comment it down and lets help others.

Thanks for this wonderful tips of advise, it is a very big help to anyone here whether newbies or old members, Now I will also share this to some of my friends who don't know to stop hackers to hack our wallet whether crypto or bitcoin. God bless you Wink
jeepuerit

Activity: 306
Merit: 15

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 10:30:30 AM

How to stop hackers to hack cryptocurrency wallet? we do not know how to do hacking our wallet, so it's not easy to crack that we need to download the google authenticator app to our wallet to not open the crypto wallet or our trading sites.
Thunderbird88

Activity: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 11:17:54 AM

The topic is useful and is almost covers every important aspect, but I'd just like to put in my two cents worth here. There's one more useful tool, i.e. TOR browser. In some ways, it can help you protect yourself even better. Hope it's useful Wink
skish85

Activity: 485
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 12:19:16 PM

Protecting the Bitcoin wallet is a vital necessity for every Bitcoin user. Bitcoin today are the most attractive theft for hackers. To protect your funds, you need to follow a few simple rules and just be extremely attentive. The article is very good and useful!
wndrbr3d

Activity: 914
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 01:23:17 PM

I just wanted to write here not give anybody your private key, but noticed the fifth point of instruction.
That is very important point of your security, remember this and spread this info around.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: