Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:02:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HOW TO STOP HACKERS TO HACK YOUR CRYPTO WALLET  (Read 5308 times)
ichai

Activity: 445
Merit: 10

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 03:58:47 AM

That's what we need to protect against hackers. I have a better idea. We should invest in a laptop that is only used for work and you should not access any unknown applications. This will prevent your computer from being hacked very well.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND • SPEND • SWAP • STAKE • ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Core.i7

Activity: 71
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 04:01:24 AM

The only thing we can do is using hardware or software wallets. Hackers targeting wallets now days especially  online wallets. For hacker its easy to hack anything relate to online. That's why bitcoin is risky we can lose money in it

denzkilim

Activity: 1218
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 04:02:38 AM

HOW TO STOP HACKERS TO HACK YOUR CRYPTO WALLET
Protect yourself from cyber criminals

Good day to all of you guys I am EdsnowAngel a programmer and a bit security tester in different platforms. Now I heard to my friends a lot of concerns saying "please help me my bitcoin wallet was hacked!!"
Ok ok first thing first when your bitcoin wallet gets compromised then your funds was send in different wallet then it is irreversible meaning no return of funds!! so I wanna tell everyone how to protect your bitcoin wallet from such kind of situation.

1st: Protect your GMAIL or EMAIL ACCOUNT

We all know we use GMAIL as our email provider for such accounts like blockchain then we can recover and approve login with email in some wallets, now when your email account was targeted and get compromised then say goodbye to your bitcoin.To secure your bitcoin wallet(ex: blockchain or other) go to your google account settings. and then turn on the 2FA(2nd factor authentication) here is the guide on how to do it: STEP BY STEP GUIDE

2nd: Use your own DEVICE or COMPUTER/PHONE

It's a very bad idea to use someones device(ex:from friend) to make a transaction in your bitcoin wallet why? because first you don't know what is the capability of that person regarding that matters and you don't know if that phone has a lot of malwares and spywares.So we cannot say that you are safe using someones device to make transactions.

3rd: Always backup you PK's or PRIVATE KEYS

This is the most important thing to remember for everyone using your ETH or BTC wallet without backing up your Private keys then you can't recover you wallet in case you forgot your wallet.PK's are very important but there are thing you should do first. Make sure you store your PK backup somewhere that you only know and not from your computer because there are some spyware that might inside of your computer that can steal that file so make sure you back it up print in a paper and hide it to the place where you only know.

4th: Don't open links from malicious emails

This method was called email phishing where an attacker will send the same email in thousands of random users once the victim will click the link in that email then his or her device was compromised to avoid this please do not click the links included in the email immediately please always have time to check who is the sender of that email and if that email is came from the site where it supposed to came from.

5th: Do not trust PUBLIC WIFI 

It's quite good to have access with free wifi's but have you think this: IS THIS A SAFE NETWORK? without you knowing maybe some of the people connected to that same network may have idea and skill on how to sniff passwords and credentials this method was so called DNS SPOOFING or SNIFFING if you want to use public wifi then use it not just with your bitcoin transactions.

6th: Do not login on Suspicious links

This method is called PHISHING where an attacker  will send you a link to login with your bitcoin wallet luring you with the legitimate site example is:
the real site is: https://www.blockchain.info/
the fake site is: http://www.blockchain.ga/

then once you login to the fake site then the hacker or attacker will have now your credentials. Please always check for the green lock on the url bar and the word HTTPS in the link.

so this are some of the way to stop hackers to hack your bitcoin or crypto wallet. If you have other information then you can comment it down and lets help others.

Most of us are not developers or IT experts and we even got to know how to use a wallet very recently and we saw lot of criminal activities that were happening in the crypto market and to avoid such things from happening to us the best and the only way is to follow right practice when dealing with wallets and using exchanges and those information are available in the Internet for anyone to go through if some one wants to protect his money from hackers   
Even with all these precautionary measures to prevent hackers to hack our wallets, private keys, passwords, and any important documents, there are still a lot of people getting hacked by those sneaky criminals in the digital world. Just what the doctor's say "Prevention is better than cure" it is better to be vigilant these days because of the widespread of hackers all over the world and the OP's suggestion to prevent those hackers from hacking us is better to be practiced.
And guys one more thing be careful when you're visiting websites especially MEW or other web wallets websites because there are a lot of cloned website that replicates this legit sites. Cool
admosfir

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 04:06:03 AM

can it be applied to myetherwallet? I've lost some of my valuable tokens, and I don't know why myetherwallet can be hacked, whereas I've saved private keys in the form of JSON file / Keystore
FTIFoundation
Copper Member

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 04:31:27 AM

Really insightful information. Data security is one of the important aspects people should talk more about.
Aponkye1

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2018, 04:43:20 AM

Thanks for enlighten the forum with such relevant information. This information would really help members of this forum to stay away from the schemes of hackers.

want0606

Activity: 25

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 04:59:04 AM

We can not prevent hackers from attacking your wallet. So you have to protect your wallet first. Use hardware wallet, do not disclose too much personal information on the media. Use lots of wallets to accommodate altcoin
Lexurdania

Activity: 840

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 06:20:48 AM

You can't stop the programmers to hack your digital money wallet. All you have to do or the most secure thing is to separate it into a few spots, there is no assurance that empowering all security highlights will be sheltered. So sharing them into different sorts of wallet is the most secure thing.

We can not control people acts but we can minimizing risk from that acts. Always carefull with phising site because most hackers looking on third party. I am agree that we should not use public wi-fi because hackers can stole our data in our computer with easily

[ M p l a z a ]                  Metaverse with NFT  |  ▼ social events
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ A virtual hangout place forshopping    
discordtelegramtwitter  [ JOIN NOW ] |  ▼ culture        
Changadithethor

Activity: 73

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 07:52:58 AM

I know that is dumb but that is free money and also I got phished from an email from my Gmail it is a link that will direct you to an exchange I thought that is how to get my bounty reward but guess what I got phished and also I suggest that you should add the HTTPS and the SSL certificates of the site because by that you will know the legitness of the site.
SWASIRI

Activity: 45

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 08:38:43 AM

No other way unless each of us protect out own wallets and computers from hackers and different computer viruses that tries to steal our cryptocurrencies by following good and recommended practices which has mentioned by computer and crypto experts but other than that there is nothing I see possible because many investors like me are not developers and complicated IT related protections are very difficult for us to follow but the basic practice to secure always works fine
alex3.alex03

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 08:49:03 AM

The best thing you can do is to protect your wallet as much as possible so that it's hard to crack. And also it is necessary to observe security measures when working with a wallet.
android17

Activity: 259
Merit: 76

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 08:55:17 AM

I know that is dumb but that is free money and also I got phished from an email from my Gmail it is a link that will direct you to an exchange I thought that is how to get my bounty reward but guess what I got phished and also I suggest that you should add the HTTPS and the SSL certificates of the site because by that you will know the legitness of the site.
Actually, i dont know too. That is the question that i want to be answered because hackers attacking my wallet so many times, and i estimate that i lose for about 1thousand dollars, really a big amount for me. I hope there someone can make a solution for this issue.

▬[  dClinic.io  ]▬  
▌ A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain  ▌
▬▬  PRE SALE ENDS 15th OCTOBER▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn  | Facebook| ▬▬
xbiv2

Activity: 560
Merit: 111

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 09:00:32 AM

HOW TO STOP HACKERS TO HACK YOUR CRYPTO WALLET
PRINT IT AND KEEP IN SAFE!

Kita Kita

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 09:58:09 AM

Be very careful when storing your passwords and secret keys. And also there is a danger of getting on a fraudulent site-so check the address of your wallet's website
We can not stop the hackers to hack because if the hackers will predict that our wallet is not secured for sure they will hack our wallet and all of our crypto will gone that's why as holder of cryptos always take care our private keys and dont share our wallet on social media.

A re'volutionary decentralized digital economy 
Join us:██`Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github
.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
conanshinichi

Activity: 26

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 10:27:33 AM

Don't pull money out of Coinbase until you are really comfortable with how Bitcoin works. Have a plan for where you store your keys, have a backup, etc.
tubig123

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 10:34:06 AM

We need to set a meeting to prevent Stop hackers to hack crypto wallet in order to the assets will continued support the programs but for me the heads of the website owner will be emphasized the rules cannot attack the badly spirits wait only for wallet can be hacked and I am hoping it will be honored to the big position of the technology will be strictly.
Dreamrone

Activity: 45

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 11:10:43 AM

Most of the times a token holder can be get hacked by hackers through there email account because hacking a bitcoin or an crypto wallet is much difficult to hackers due to there secure methods but hacking an email account maybe easy by some how getting the passwords and because most people have saved there private keys of there wallets inside there email accounts getting into the email account means hacking his or her wallet
SAHARANINE

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 03:00:43 PM

These are terrible times and definitely everyone should thoroughly go through your information because we should understand that we should not just spend time to invest and trade in cryptocurrencies but should definitely spend some quality time to learn how to protect our earned cryptocurrencies because most of the people came to the crypto world without having any asset so majority has to buy currencies using there hard earned money but if criminals can steal those assets in moments like you have mentioned everyone who is hones is in trouble so best thing to do is take every step before loose anything because once some one has lost something in the crypto world there will be no police officers to catch the bad guy and return the goods   
WhaleHunter

Activity: 187

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 03:24:13 PM

This is a good reminder which actually would deserve to be pinned in the forum for everyone to see and check now and then. Personally, I am relying on a hardware wallet for most of my coins.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Kim Addington

Activity: 23

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 03:49:34 PM

There isn't a Bitcoin account per se. There's a bitcoin wallet, it's available in digital and hardware versions. Once you create a wallet, you get a private and public keys. Public key is used by others to send bitcoins to you. Private key is used by you only to send bitcoin to others.
 So, if someone was able to obtain your private key, you are hacked.
 It's very common that hackers tend to search for bitcoin wallet keys—private key—once they compromise a system.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: