Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:49:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HOW TO STOP HACKERS TO HACK YOUR CRYPTO WALLET  (Read 5308 times)
TechnoX_X

Activity: 306
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 07:58:29 AM

Hi, friend! What you say is very true, and almost nothing is wrong. We all need to make suggestions as you said above so that our Wallet is safe from bad people. I want to add 1 more suggestion that you might forget. I want to remind you that using your friend's computer or someone else's office even ensures that there is no KEYLOGGERS software. What is KEYLOGGERS? KEYLOGGERS, is used to record keystroke, a method for capturing and recording computer user emphasis, including sensitive passwords. They can be implemented through BIOS-level firmware, or alternatively, through inline plugged devices between computer and computer keyboards. They record all keyboard activity to their internal memory.

Hopefully Useful Guys!
sormin

Activity: 151
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 08:10:53 AM

You are right. We also should not carelessly open our Private Key in a public place or outside from a safe place because that could endanger our wallet. And do not use the network or the internet which is unclear because they might use the network to hack our data.

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM
Mikebutler92

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 08:22:05 AM

Thanks for sharing these 6 step information. It’s very simple but it’s also so important that being careful about this. Hackers are a great problem at this time.  I think everyone should Care wallet. you should choose the best wallet. you should use the only PC. you should always take care of your private key. you needed proper knowledge About crypto.
richman3451

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 08:52:23 AM

good information against hacking but unfortunately 100% of the protection it does not give against hacking I advise to be always vigilant and ostarozhnymi
Bitfling

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 08:53:40 AM

You are right. We also should not carelessly open our Private Key in a public place or outside from a safe place because that could endanger our wallet. And do not use the network or the internet which is unclear because they might use the network to hack our data.

Prevention is important thing to do to secure our wallet. Always checking security on website we visit is important because hacker sometimes making fake website to stole our private key
BitcoinConte

Activity: 55

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 07:01:40 PM

nice information, but one thing for sure is that never share something vital about your self as it might be also a way to break into your emails and crypto wallets.
ePesoInitiative

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 07:05:28 PM

6th: Do not login on Suspicious links

This method is called PHISHING where an attacker  will send you a link to login with your bitcoin wallet luring you with the legitimate site example is:
the real site is: https://www.blockchain.info/
the fake site is: http://www.blockchain.ga/

then once you login to the fake site then the hacker or attacker will have now your credentials. Please always check for the green lock on the url bar and the word HTTPS in the link.

so this are some of the way to stop hackers to hack your bitcoin or crypto wallet. If you have other information then you can comment it down and lets help others.

Use metacert in your browser so you don't fall victim to phishing sites. The service alerts you if you're in a malicious site that's waiting for your private keys or passwords.

trauchot

Activity: 1764

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 07:52:40 AM

I think that it's still impossible to protect your wallets at 100 percent, because hackers constantly improve their skills and find new loopholes. Of course, we can only use the available opportunities to protect our wallets, but security is still not guaranteed.
Sinancre

Activity: 33

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 01:55:28 PM

Good information. The choice of wallets is also important, I will not use third-party or online wallets. This is also an easy target for a hacker. You can significantly reduce the risk of theft of your crypto currency if you use, for example, cold wallets, such as Ledger or Trezor.
solnce010515

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:15:12 PM

HOW TO STOP HACKERS TO HACK YOUR CRYPTO WALLET
Protect yourself from cyber criminals

Good day to all of you guys I am EdsnowAngel a programmer and a bit security tester in different platforms. Now I heard to my friends a lot of concerns saying "please help me my bitcoin wallet was hacked!!"
Ok ok first thing first when your bitcoin wallet gets compromised then your funds was send in different wallet then it is irreversible meaning no return of funds!! so I wanna tell everyone how to protect your bitcoin wallet from such kind of situation.

1st: Protect your GMAIL or EMAIL ACCOUNT

We all know we use GMAIL as our email provider for such accounts like blockchain then we can recover and approve login with email in some wallets, now when your email account was targeted and get compromised then say goodbye to your bitcoin.To secure your bitcoin wallet(ex: blockchain or other) go to your google account settings. and then turn on the 2FA(2nd factor authentication) here is the guide on how to do it: STEP BY STEP GUIDE

2nd: Use your own DEVICE or COMPUTER/PHONE

It's a very bad idea to use someones device(ex:from friend) to make a transaction in your bitcoin wallet why? because first you don't know what is the capability of that person regarding that matters and you don't know if that phone has a lot of malwares and spywares.So we cannot say that you are safe using someones device to make transactions.

3rd: Always backup you PK's or PRIVATE KEYS

This is the most important thing to remember for everyone using your ETH or BTC wallet without backing up your Private keys then you can't recover you wallet in case you forgot your wallet.PK's are very important but there are thing you should do first. Make sure you store your PK backup somewhere that you only know and not from your computer because there are some spyware that might inside of your computer that can steal that file so make sure you back it up print in a paper and hide it to the place where you only know.

4th: Don't open links from malicious emails

This method was called email phishing where an attacker will send the same email in thousands of random users once the victim will click the link in that email then his or her device was compromised to avoid this please do not click the links included in the email immediately please always have time to check who is the sender of that email and if that email is came from the site where it supposed to came from.

5th: Do not trust PUBLIC WIFI 

It's quite good to have access with free wifi's but have you think this: IS THIS A SAFE NETWORK? without you knowing maybe some of the people connected to that same network may have idea and skill on how to sniff passwords and credentials this method was so called DNS SPOOFING or SNIFFING if you want to use public wifi then use it not just with your bitcoin transactions.

6th: Do not login on Suspicious links

This method is called PHISHING where an attacker  will send you a link to login with your bitcoin wallet luring you with the legitimate site example is:
the real site is: https://www.blockchain.info/
the fake site is: http://www.blockchain.ga/

then once you login to the fake site then the hacker or attacker will have now your credentials. Please always check for the green lock on the url bar and the word HTTPS in the link.

so this are some of the way to stop hackers to hack your bitcoin or crypto wallet. If you have other information then you can comment it down and lets help others.
Thank you. It's really very important information especially nowadays. I use cold wallet and alway scared for my money. I will try follow this rules in the future
alpddere

Activity: 75

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:22:03 PM

make sure your computer does not contain viruses. and do not enter any websites that are at risk of infecting your computer with viruses. Do not share your information even with your close friends.
Shiro21

Activity: 101

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:55:01 PM

I have my own way to stop hackers from stealing my coins, and this is quoted from several sources that experts say:

1. Do not leave crypto on the exchanges for trading, if you are not actively trading cryptocurrency, all of the experts recommend taking it off of the exchange immediately. If your personal account is secure, we saw with the Mt. Gox hack, even the exchanges can be hacked. If they lose all of the crypto that they are holding on your behalf, and they are not insured (none of them are) then you will likely never see it again.
2. Two factor authentication, if you have to keep your crypto on exchanges for active trading or whatever reason then you need to understand what this is and how to use it. There are several but Google Authenticator is one of the more popular ones, and is extremely easy to setup. This is all setup on your phone on their app. There is no account to register just the app. After that setup you will then have to enter the random code generated on the app every time you log in. This does not make hacking impossible, it just makes it harder.
3. Use cold storage, Cold storage basically means that a device or drive is not connected to the internet. Cold storage is secure because then it is almost impossible to hack it, unless it is connected to a network. You would have to physically control the device or drive to hack or access it.

in the end this method may help but no one can guarantee 100% security, these safeguards will help people from going after you. Most hackers will go after the easy targets that are making it dead-obvious and where to hack them, and store all their cryptocurrency in one easy to hack location.
tungaqhd

Activity: 1540
Merit: 508

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 03:19:58 PM

Firstly, you need to know some famous kind of scam method in the crypto world. Then prepare a good, secured wallet (hot or cold wallet) and protect it with your email, phone number, 2fa authentication.
heartwreck

Activity: 162

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 12:04:34 AM

We cannot stop them if they wanted it to do so. But we can prevent to hack our account by simply do not expose important matters on your account like passwords or private key. Store it or write it down. Do not share to others.
BennyK

Activity: 672
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2018, 12:14:37 AM

This is an informative piece which is very helpful to all crypto users. One thing that must be clear to all is that the total security of a wallet lies in the care of the holder, hence it is necessary to protect details of wallet meticulously to prevent hackers from getting their way inside the wallet.

edsnowangel (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 39

Citowise-Developing Crypotpayment Infrastructure

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2018, 11:08:54 PM

The risk can be reduced if:
- Create complex passwords (at least 12 characters);
- Change passwords every month;
- passwords should not be readable (name, surname, phrase);
- the password must have Latin letters, numbers and symbols;
- create a paper wallet;
- purchase a cold wallet;
- do not use mail.ru;
- Do not click links in the advertisement;
- Do not click links in messages;
- do not use sites without checking their officiality;
- do not work without antivirus.

It depends on the scenario there  were various havking methods whether you have the most complex passwords in he world you will be easily gt hack

sd
florac9

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

☀️ Iskra Coin ☀️

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 11:13:00 PM

Good points ,I'd hard staying of the radar ,always use paper wallet ,they are the best

☀️☀️☀️☀️  ISKRA (CCOH)- Crypto coin of hope | An innovative method for supporting children around the world  ☀️☀️☀️☀️
https://iskra-coin.io
gidaahmad

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 11:47:27 PM

Good Tips. Maybe you can add it. "Use Hardware wallet" and "Always activate 2 Factor Authentications in each wallet or Exchanger account".
Odonko

Activity: 201

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:06:24 PM

woww...Well done mate your post will serve as a teaching guide for many crypto noobs in this forum and i hopw it will go a long way reduce the rate at which some members of this forum are scammed and hacked.

⊹     SEND AND RECEIVE MONEY INSTANTLY, WITH NO HIDDEN COSTS     ⊹
━━━━━━━━━          X C A R D ᵀᴹ          [     Whitepaper     Twitter     Telegram     ]          ━━━━━━━━━
[ IEO / Q4 2019 ]   S
BitSat

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:21:33 PM

Study about it and rest assured that your worries about hacking issues or other cyber crimes may be lessen for greater good. Having knowledge about cyber security is a very major advantage compare to other people because almost everything in this world as of now is purely made and operated with the use of computers and internet.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: