Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 12:33:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you long term or short term?  (Read 3564 times)
stas.dron

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 03:16:13 PM

I think at this point the best option is to be very diversified and be in this for the long haul. Although there will be some quick gains , I do not believe that will be as prevalent as in the past. 

Investing is best split into two parts. Part of the money is invested in short projects and part of keeping on a long leash. This will block the loss in any case. My opinion of 50 to 50 will be the most optimal solution.
gudjhonson

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 04:03:03 PM

I am trading once in a while because I have coins in exchanges. Sometimes I buy and just wait the coin to go up in value before I sell, of course I know it is in dip. Now, which is better, set it to your expected price so that when it hit you sold? O wait for the price to go up and sell even if it did not reach yet to your  target price? Thanks.
Of course, I prefer to hold it in the long run. Because in my opinion, the long-term is very profitable compared to the short term.

▄▄▄        WINDHAN        |   RENEWABLE ENERGY PROJECT   ▄▄▄
||███    (((  Pre-Sale is Live  )))  ▐ ███  JOIN NOW   ███ ▌    ███||
Whitepaper  |  OnePager  |  ANN  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram
DgurJIupyf

Activity: 392

http://o-tu.ru/

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 04:05:44 PM

I believe that it is more correct to consider cryptocurrency as a long-term investment. Of course, I sometimes withdraw a small amount of cryptocurrency in Fiat, but most of it is in coins. And I also recommend you to keep bitcoins and altcoins as long as possible.

thefaucetrunner

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 04:22:43 PM

im definitely a long term holder, since i have no enough experinced in short term investment or do daily trading as my cryptocurrency investment. in my opinion, long term period investment could be more profitable rather than short term. doing daily trading is too risky, we all know the risk of cryptocurrency market that no one can predict the price. with trading you can take a huge profit easily but tou can even broke or lost your portofolio with a blink of an eye.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
BitcoinCleanUp.com

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
#EndTheFUD

██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
Dobriy 4el

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 04:31:46 PM

I began to trade on the small periods, but have understood that at such market it is almost impossible. Now I am an investor for long term. I will wait for recovery of the market
KatyaTonkosheewa

Activity: 61
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 09:57:35 PM

Now I think we can divide the investment into 2 stages. 1st to reach past highs. 2nd if after this mark growth continues, it will be a stable progression and there can be invested for a long time.

❍  buglab ❍
████  Cybersecurity Penetration Testing ████   
on the Ethereum Blockchain
suraza21

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:01:31 AM

I choose the two options that are long term and short term investment for long term I will choose the low price fluctuations that do not affect much of my capital and short term investment I will invest in bitcoin.
pelipurlara

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 04:15:53 AM

for new coins I prefer to trade in the short term, because I know that when a new altcoin distribution usually occurs a large dump from the bounty hunters, now I use that moment to make purchases and do short-term trading I will wait until some of my new get off the market again
max65

Activity: 273

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 04:37:48 AM

all depends on the market situation, I guess. if possible to play short term why not? because if you play short term it is likely to get more than 1x profit quickly. but if you are stuck at a high price, the alternative is holding until you can return to capital or wait until you get a profit or even choose cut lose to minimize greater losses.
I'll do it same as you,why we hold it in long term if we we can gain profit in short term.For me I'm not to ambitious to gain big profit,for least I'm not losing my investment.
Kingsraid

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2018, 05:16:24 AM

do you mean bounty token? if bounty token, i'm selling by looking on the current market state. if in the bullrun i usually wait until  the token hit good exchange, but in the bearish market like these days i just selling them once it hit the exchange
joelsamuya

Activity: 532
Merit: 41

https://emirex.com

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 07:32:24 AM

For big and huge projects as for my opinion -  I am long term, for small - short term
also now everything is long term)

I agree for those coins are that listed on the top 10 should be our long term investment, but tokens and the rest of the altcoins should be our short term portfolios. Anyway, its good to trade newly open tokens rather than old ones, its easy to make profits by buying at the ICO price, and sell immediately during dumping stage.
lehnelora

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:17:11 AM

I see the potential of the coins we have. If the coin is that we have had a huge potential, of course, I will save for the long term. because coins are nice the longer it is stored naturally the price is higher. And I prefer to hold the coin, so could be more patient and not easily tempted by the condition of the market price.
likerseld

Activity: 62

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 08:17:17 AM

I began to trade on the small periods, but have understood that at such market it is almost impossible. Now I am an investor for long term. I will wait for recovery of the market
Of course the short term trading and day trading is tough to earn money in. In order to earn big money, you have to be a long term investor and if you invest in the Bitcoin in long term, with the passage of time the value of your portfolio will also rise which is what an investor quests for. Besides, Bitcoin is used to avail many other services for free or low cost that has normally high cost in Banks. So in a way, the Bitcoin has made lives easier and I tend to hold it for long.
crypto_hann

Activity: 45

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 12:14:57 PM

I take into account the volatility of this market, as well as the risks associated with this - the loss of a significant part of the investment, definitely a long-term investor.
ringgo96

Activity: 1582
Merit: 279

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2018, 12:20:17 PM

more longterm because in the current situation for a short-term trading situation it would be very risky. we better trade in the long run to get big profits

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Moshi Moshi

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 12:22:53 PM

for me depending on what tokens I hold, for bitcoin and ethereum I prefer to hold long term and for short term I choose all tokens from an ICO project, because in my opinion it is very rare for tokens from an ICO project to have a price good and good future so I always choose for short-term investments.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
goodday886

Activity: 210
Merit: 5

The Future of Security Tokens

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 12:25:55 PM

for ordinary people, long-term investment is wise. for example: today, the encryption market suddenly fell sharply. but few people predict it in advance . but we can predict the development trend of a coin within a year. therefore, i like to invest in some quality tokens for a long time.
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 12:27:44 PM

Besides, Bitcoin is used to avail many other services for free or low cost that has normally high cost in Banks. So in a way, the Bitcoin has made lives easier and I tend to hold it for long.

spending is totally different from hodling .  your phrase above shows that you use bitcoin mainly for spending  , therfor you cannot possibly say that you hold your bitcoin for a longer time . long term hodlers are the one that hold thier bitcoin for a long time ( i.e investors )  

in my case , i do only do short term because i oftenly sell my bitcoins after i recieved something on my wallet .  i only do long term hodling on my altcoins and tokens becauase i believe that they can still pumped more in the future  .
ongkok87

Activity: 1120
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 12:42:41 PM

if I am alone depending on the coin I hold, if I hold BTC and ETH, then I will make a long-term investment, because the results I will get are huge and the two coins are very suitable for the long term

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
davida

Activity: 585
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 12:46:48 PM

Personally, I do more of long term investment because I think it is more profitable as the price would have multiplied and I can make reasonable profit when I sell as long as it is a very potential coin but if the coin is not really potential, I do short term trading. I hold and sell when its get to a value where I cam make profit.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: