Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 11:19:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 110 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I lost half of my crypto amount! what to do?  (Read 10068 times)
long8899

Activity: 202
Merit: 18

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:58:00 AM

I think it is better to hold it. the currency market increase and decrease in a short time. the coin that you choose are not bad, so I think just hold them

lider1971

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:00:20 AM

My friend now can only wait , so prices are minimal and the market has just started to come to life from the fall , So the best option to wait, sell at a loss is not correct
tbterryboy

Activity: 1946
Merit: 322

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:59:59 PM

So I basically got fomoed. Towards the end of 2017 I saw how high bitcoin skyrocketed and decided to invest in ripple as a test. Less than one week it went up 3x. This made me more ballsy and I put in 11k total in various other alt coins like ripple, ethos, tron, and cardano. After the crash I lost about half of my value just like that. I am frustrated with the experience and wish I would have just put in 1k or something. I wish I could just not invested and went into what I was doing earlier which was just investing the boring and traditional way. Should I wait and hodl or pull out and do something else?
It is quite a normal thing to lose your money especially when you are new to this field and don’t have this much of expertise in controlling your emotions especially at the time when the market is red. You just need not to repeat the similar kind of mistake in the future again so that you may not lose your money for one more time. You need to be very much careful while making any decision related to buying or selling of your coins.
sarul
Copper Member

Activity: 798

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:48:41 PM

Well, in this case if you still want to earn profit, you should hold it until above the price you bought it. but if you brave to cut your loss and invest it on another crypto, you'll start earn profit and also save your time. For me, I'll cut my loss and start making profit.
xireKT

Activity: 152
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:59:36 PM

Chill out mate, most of us are in the same boat... I went from x to x7 before the drop and then pretty much lost all my profits, added more money into cryptos and all that money I invested after the huge bump, is now negative due to buying many alts during ATH...

Market will eventually go back to the ATH and might even make a new ATH. Just be patient and don't sell, HODL tight! This game is a game of patience and the only thing that will screw you up, is your emotional side.

So don't let it get to ya and keep your logical side up2date.

GL to us all!
axiline

Activity: 462
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:17:09 PM

Do not worry and just wait. Now many investors have well sunk investment portfolios. You need to show resilience and patience. You must believe that soon the price of coins will increase significantly.
Riga

Activity: 784
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:21:24 PM

You have not lost. If you still hold your coins, then you do not need to sell them now and fix the losses. Be patient and wait for market growth. Now this is the best strategy.
DrewXland

Activity: 409
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:29:26 PM

You have not lost. If you still hold your coins, then you do not need to sell them now and fix the losses. Be patient and wait for market growth. Now this is the best strategy.

The best and only strategy for me. Hodling helps the market as a whole.
peterthegreat

Activity: 387

Presale is live!

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:30:33 PM

FOMO is our enemy , as well as greed . Those who can't fight it , will sustain heavy losses in a future . You should train your self to be patient and ambitious , but not a greedy man , who want to receive all in one moment , because most likely it will lead you to losses.
I agree. People should have patience, also faith in crypto. Even if you lose sometimes, but there are many times, we gain 10 times or even 100 times more.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Fredwardp

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:33:08 PM

just invest in a secure coin, a privacy coin. check out zoin! is a great choise. just saying.
maro159

Activity: 196
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:35:36 PM

So I basically got fomoed. Towards the end of 2017 I saw how high bitcoin skyrocketed and decided to invest in ripple as a test. Less than one week it went up 3x. This made me more ballsy and I put in 11k total in various other alt coins like ripple, ethos, tron, and cardano. After the crash I lost about half of my value just like that. I am frustrated with the experience and wish I would have just put in 1k or something. I wish I could just not invested and went into what I was doing earlier which was just investing the boring and traditional way. Should I wait and hodl or pull out and do something else?
You may just wait and recognize it as a long term investment, but you have to be patient, and you have to decide which coins do you wish to hold.
I prefer short-term investments, because I don't want to wait and be stressed. It is not very good for buisness to be a hot-headed, but I'm doing so good.
TheAndy500

Activity: 1232
Merit: 266

> CAMPAIGN MANAGER < https://t.me/TheAndy500

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:36:01 PM

A lot of people are in the same situation as you. It was also a painful lesson for them. At the moment, patience is best because the price will increase soon. Therefore, it is best to hold.

duke7

Activity: 43

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:38:25 PM

Patience. Hold. Wait. The bull market will come back soon and your money too
luongdk

Activity: 686
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:45:19 PM

Just hold your coins, but in my opinion it would be more safety to invest in BTC or ETH, because coins depends on them. Invest in something, that will grow anyway.
pro2017

Activity: 210
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:48:43 PM

you have to be patient, I've lost a lot of money.
but as long as you don't sell, you're not lost.
PokerStein1

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:57:09 PM

I lost my half of my profit also but i think i will gain 4x 5x when bull season comes back. There will be swings eventually but i think if we choose right projects we will win !!!

Senkuli

Activity: 304
Merit: 100

www.daxico.com

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:09:14 PM

Everyone must have experienced the same conditions that you are experiencing right now.
This is the world of cryptocurrency, and basically very unpredictable, the change in the value of cryptocurrency on the market is very fast and volatile,
With the condition that you experience I suggest to stay calm and patient, you better keep holding your crypto assets and sell it when its value raised up high.
icohdcoin

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:17:52 PM

First FOMO is a common mistake of the new folks in our community,second you made a common mistake,third you shouldnt blame yourself because most of the people here have done that,fourth you should know how to effectively pick good altcoins with these bunch of shitty coins out there,lastly do a lot of research before investing to any coin because investing blindly is worst than donating your money to charity because 95% of the coins in the market are shitcoins,spending a lot of time doing research could have saved you.

Been there. And so I can tell you this is very good advice. Just to add another point. You may want to look carefully and seek long-term options. Crypto-equity is a new area where tokens are backed by assets and token holders are beneficiaries of shareholding.
paulus51

Activity: 616
Merit: 321

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:24:39 PM

You entered the portfolio at the peak of its value, no luck. But do not get upset, just expect growth. All analysts forecast significant growth
gyun.094

Activity: 178
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:39:32 PM

You are not the first who lost his achievements in the crypto-currency, but nevertheless you have to wait, I think everything will be fine.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 110 »
  Print  

Jump to: