Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:05:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 294 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HoboNickels - HBN - High Fast Stake - Version 2.0! More Secure, Less Intensive  (Read 478572 times)
Tranz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052

May the force bit with you.

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 05:58:20 AM

Some upcoming features for version 1.4

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/4390-preparing-hbn-v14/?p=45201

If you have a specific request let me know. I'll see if it can get in there for that release.

HBN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.0 hobonickels.info
Personal Donations: F1TranzWqFGZyFeTMu6iLbtTQgdXuJPsiL
Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:47:02 AM

price is going up real nice and steady but it still lacks volume

Volume continues to grow each day. It seems like more people are finding out about HBN. Right now we are still flying under the radar, and it will hopefully be like that for a while. We want to have a relatively stable coin price that hopefully increases slowly overtime.  That is my goal at least - and I hope to see it happen.  It has been so far.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
wing_hk

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 09:36:05 AM

price is going up real nice and steady but it still lacks volume

Volume is close 3-4k usd a day. Not bad really. Remember we don't have BILLIONS of coins, a nice steady inflation rate is what we are shooting for.

Honestly increasing rate of mined HBN is so high that almost 100% annually and it's just for POS part. However I am glad the price still go up steady during BTC fall these days.
wing_hk

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 03:19:39 PM

wow what a rise today  Cool
D05GTO

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 03:31:24 PM

Yeah, it's up up and away.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
ryanb
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 03:42:16 PM

if i want to send coins from my wallet i have enabled to the coin control

does it do it automatically by sending low age coins first? or do i need to select them manually?

https://bitcoinfundingteam.com/ref/SatoshiTeam
turn 0.1 BTC to 80BTC week after week!!!
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 03:53:33 PM

does it do it automatically by sending low age coins first? or do i need to select them manually?

The wallet should select the coins with the lowest coin age automatically, but if you send more (and remember the fee) then it will eat into other blocks. If you go to send-->inputs-->then select the block it will tell you the exact amount to enter to send with fees included.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
ryanb
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 03:58:15 PM

The wallet should select the coins with the lowest coin age automatically, but if you send more (and remember the fee) then it will eat into other blocks. If you go to send-->inputs-->then select the block it will tell you the exact amount to enter to send with fees included.

i selected my entire block and i entered the amount that i want to send and it told me how much with the fees but i didnt change it

but it sent it and took the fees out

presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 04:07:17 PM

i selected my entire block and i entered the amount that i want to send and it told me how much with the fees but i didnt change it

It took the fees out of the block that you were sending, or out of other blocks that you were staking?

ryanb
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 05:02:58 PM

It took the fees out of the block that you were sending, or out of other blocks that you were staking?

i have no idea but it sent the amount that i wanted to send it wasnt short any fees

presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 05:17:13 PM

i have no idea but it sent the amount that i wanted to send it wasnt short any fees

So hopefully what happened is that you sent the block, and it took the .001 transaction fee out of the block being sent.  To make sure your other blocks are still aging, you can get into the "inputs" area. Expand the arrow and you will see all of your blocks and their number of confirmations.  Hopefully none of your blocks were reset from a fee being taken out of it, and you would know if it was reset because the confirmations would be low.

To avoid these types of scenarios, I keep a wallet for transactions and a wallet for staking coins.

Ardolafat

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:05:57 PM

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Wow ! To the moon ! Cheesy

ryanb
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:43:50 PM

So hopefully what happened is that you sent the block, and it took the .001 transaction fee out of the block being sent.  To make sure your other blocks are still aging, you can get into the "inputs" area. Expand the arrow and you will see all of your blocks and their number of confirmations.  Hopefully none of your blocks were reset from a fee being taken out of it, and you would know if it was reset because the confirmations would be low.

To avoid these types of scenarios, I keep a wallet for transactions and a wallet for staking coins.

now it is showing my entire balance as one block
now for next time do i need to go to input and check the blocks or leave it unchecked and it will do it automatically?

i also have around 40k hbn do i need to split them in small amount to stake or will it stake at 40k?

presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:56:51 PM

now for next time do i need to go to input and check the blocks or leave it unchecked and it will do it automatically?

i also have around 40k hbn do i need to split them in small amount to stake or will it stake at 40k?

It will stake at 40k.  I will do some testing with coin control and give you an exact answer on how to send a block without taking the fee from your other blocks. I was under the impression that if you use the amount after fee number as your send amount, then .001 will be left in the wallet and that .001 will be used for the fee rather than the wallet taking from your other blocks.

ryanb
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:01:59 PM

It will stake at 40k.  I will do some testing with coin control and give you an exact answer on how to send a block without taking the fee from your other blocks. I was under the impression that if you use the amount after fee number as your send amount, then .001 will be left in the wallet and that .001 will be used for the fee rather than the wallet taking from your other blocks.

do you enter the address where to send the coins on the coin control thing or in the bottom one? and i also clicked on input and selected my entire block

do you select any or let it unchecked and it will send from the low priority coins by itself?

presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:09:31 PM

do you enter the address where to send the coins on the coin control thing or in the bottom one? and i also clicked on input and selected my entire block

do you select any or let it unchecked and it will send from the low priority coins by itself?

Ok I just did it. Select the block you want to send.  Do not fill out the custom change address. Copy and Past the "After Fee" amount into the amount field at the bottom.  That will take the fee out of the block you send so that the other blocks are not disturbed.  The "Change" field should be 0.00 if you have done this correctly.

ryanb
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:21:47 PM

Ok I just did it. Select the block you want to send.  Do not fill out the custom change address. Copy and Past the "After Fee" amount into the amount field at the bottom.  That will take the fee out of the block you send so that the other blocks are not disturbed.  The "Change" field should be 0.00 if you have done this correctly.

what if i want to send say 3000 hbn i have to select blocks that totals 3000?

cant it be done automatically by having the wallet select the appropriate blocks?

presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 08:55:27 PM

cant it be done automatically by having the wallet select the appropriate blocks?

It automatically sends the blocks that have the lowest amount of confirmations. Since you probably won't have exactly 3,000 in blocks it will also split a block.

ryanb
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 02:05:36 AM

It automatically sends the blocks that have the lowest amount of confirmations. Since you probably won't have exactly 3,000 in blocks it will also split a block.

so next time whenever i want to send a payment just enter the amount that i want to send and thats it? and do not mess with coin control but have it enabled meaning not to check and blocks?

we need tutorials lol after what i did today i will lose some stake for 10 days now

Tranz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052

May the force bit with you.

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 03:00:23 AM

So hopefully what happened is that you sent the block, and it took the .001 transaction fee out of the block being sent.  To make sure your other blocks are still aging, you can get into the "inputs" area. Expand the arrow and you will see all of your blocks and their number of confirmations.  Hopefully none of your blocks were reset from a fee being taken out of it, and you would know if it was reset because the confirmations would be low.

You should get used to using coin control. Or the wallet will choose the coins for you. Sometimes it will be ok, other times it may not. Having 1 huge block defeats the purpose of coin control. Better to have a few medium blocks some some can be sent, and others kept for stake.

HBN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.0 hobonickels.info
Personal Donations: F1TranzWqFGZyFeTMu6iLbtTQgdXuJPsiL
Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 294 »
  Print  

Jump to: