Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 06:56:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 294 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HoboNickels - HBN - High Fast Stake - Version 2.0! More Secure, Less Intensive  (Read 478613 times)
z0rr0

Activity: 303
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 09:33:56 PM

Any chance HBN can get a Multipool? That way we have three different ways to mine the coin.

Me personally dont think that this is a good idea, multipools can be dreadfull for coins with their huge power, while really big multipools seems dont mine HBN, some smaller and shady ones may be using HBN in their profitability calculations, thus causing some spikes of the network hashrates (wich is rare for now).

We have 3 major pools:
http://hbn.theblocksfactory.com
http://hbn.smartmining.net
https://scrypt.io/hbn

And they share the hashrate pretty well, theblocksfactory is the oldest and reliable, and smartmining has taken the lead with the low fees.
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 09:58:53 PM

Any chance HBN can get a Multipool? That way we have three different ways to mine the coin.

Me personally dont think that this is a good idea, multipools can be dreadfull for coins with their huge power, while really big multipools seems dont mine HBN, some smaller and shady ones may be using HBN in their profitability calculations, thus causing some spikes of the network hashrates (wich is rare for now).

We have 3 major pools:
http://hbn.theblocksfactory.com
http://hbn.smartmining.net
https://scrypt.io/hbn

And they share the hashrate pretty well, theblocksfactory is the oldest and reliable, and smartmining has taken the lead with the low fees.

you need to give miners an incentive to mine HBN, the more hashes the merrier. Multipool miners would want to get paid in HBN and other pools will mine HBN to sell for BTC. This creates both buying and selling plus attracts more hashing power to the network, increasing the strength of the network and increasing its value. 
Tranz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052

May the force bit with you.

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 10:09:49 PM

HBN is on poolwarz.com, not sure if it ever gets hit or not.

HBN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.0 hobonickels.info
Personal Donations: F1TranzWqFGZyFeTMu6iLbtTQgdXuJPsiL
Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
z0rr0

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 10:41:58 PM

I'm not sure if there any multipool, that pays out in something except BTC or LTC, the only multipool (and it is a 1st ever multipool, as far as I know) that pays out in exact mined coins (without automatical conversion into BTC/LTC) is multipool.us.
But it doesnt have HBN listed.

The current hashrate and PoW diff changing algorithm works quite well, balancing up and down over the LTC profitability.
So lets imagine what will be if, for example, multipool.us will add HBN to its list.
HBN profitability occasionally gets higher than LTC, the whole 15 000 MH/s of multipool hits the HBN network.
HBN profitability calculates every next block, and its immediately goes down, multipool switches back to LTC/DOGE/whatever, thus lefting the HBN network with previous steady hashrate...

I dont know, whats the point of it? Not sure if it is useful at the current stage.
The only pros I see is that more people may know about HBN, but the cons are possible chain fork, large amount of orphanes, when such a huge amount of hashrate will hit the network...

IDK, would be interesting to listen for other opinions.
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 11:19:25 PM

I'm not sure if there any multipool, that pays out in something except BTC or LTC, the only multipool (and it is a 1st ever multipool, as far as I know) that pays out in exact mined coins (without automatical conversion into BTC/LTC) is multipool.us.
But it doesnt have HBN listed.

The current hashrate and PoW diff changing algorithm works quite well, balancing up and down over the LTC profitability.
So lets imagine what will be if, for example, multipool.us will add HBN to its list.
HBN profitability occasionally gets higher than LTC, the whole 15 000 MH/s of multipool hits the HBN network.
HBN profitability calculates every next block, and its immediately goes down, multipool switches back to LTC/DOGE/whatever, thus lefting the HBN network with previous steady hashrate...

I dont know, whats the point of it? Not sure if it is useful at the current stage.
The only pros I see is that more people may know about HBN, but the cons are possible chain fork, large amount of orphanes, when such a huge amount of hashrate will hit the network...

IDK, would be interesting to listen for other opinions.

Examples:  Blackcoinpool  has made BC one of the big cap coins in just 6 weeks.  ECChouse will do the same for
ECC (among other factors).  These are (or will be) primarily PoS coins.

If HBN community is interested in going down this route, maybe we can arrange it.
unick

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 11:19:52 PM

I don't think that mining directly HBN would be good because of the diff retarget like you said.

But mining "the most profitable" coin getting paid in BTC and then the pool buys HBN with those BTC, could prove interesting.

That way we are not hitting too hard on the network and it put's buying pressure on the market,

I like the speed at witch HBN's price moves up,

But I think it could be a good way for more people to get into HBN, even those ASIC SHA256 miners could benefit from that since they don't directly mine the HBN but rather buy them with their BTC.

BlackCoin and FairCoin have been doing that and you can see the volume on MintPal being way above others.  People seem to like that, plus it gets attention from the community!

Awesome Explorers for Awesome Coins | Show some BTC love here: 1AAYAZgaz2me7hyumexUZzcyGRZEYtCx5C
HoboNickels: hbn.blockx.info | BottleCaps: cap.blockx.info | GrowthCoin: grw.blockx.info
z0rr0

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 01:32:00 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2014, 01:42:24 AM by z0rr0

Ohh.. you guys mean a scrypt profit switching pool with an option to payout in BTC/LTC/HBN...hmm interesting idea, but may be too complex, I think HBN needs more exchanges first.

P.S. what a pump that Blackcoin has...and in relation to HBN, the list of exchanges which trade BC is quite big, the trading volume at Cryptsy is astonishing too, I guess that is what PR/rush/greed do? We'll see... I'm not sure that future is in pure PoS, yes it is energy saving, but it is all about the initial distribution while PoW was active, and someone could jump aboard, and others forced to buy with BTC.
With combined systems like HBN - people have a choice - mine it/buy it/pos it/give it for charity.

I just like that warm valve atmosphere HBN has, with steady development and community support, but its just me.
unick

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 02:09:45 AM

Yeah and it could be Scrypt/SHA256

I'm not sure, but i think the script BlackCoin used is available and the dev of FairCoin seemed to be able to put something together rather quickly, so it shouldn't be so bad.

The more I think of it, what has been done in FairCoin is an address swapping mechanism, they use http://wafflepool.com/ (witch pays in BTC). So if you swap the HBN address for a BTC address and use wafflepool's infrastructure, then when the amount of BTC is big enough, you buy HBN and then distribute it back to the matching HBN address.

I think it's brilliant and could be done fairly quickly.  at least it could be a start.

Awesome Explorers for Awesome Coins | Show some BTC love here: 1AAYAZgaz2me7hyumexUZzcyGRZEYtCx5C
HoboNickels: hbn.blockx.info | BottleCaps: cap.blockx.info | GrowthCoin: grw.blockx.info
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 02:17:50 AM

The more I think of it, what has been done in FairCoin is an address swapping mechanism, they use http://wafflepool.com/ (witch pays in BTC). So if you swap the HBN address for a BTC address and use wafflepool's infrastructure, then when the amount of BTC is big enough, you buy HBN and then distribute it back to the matching HBN address.

I think it's brilliant and could be done fairly quickly.  at least it could be a start.

That's the system the Zeitcoin devs implemented yesterday. The price has since doubled. Though to be fair, it did double from extremely low levels.
ryanb
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 02:31:35 AM

i am using 1.4

all i did is i typed repairwallet and nothing else

https://bitcoinfundingteam.com/ref/SatoshiTeam
turn 0.1 BTC to 80BTC week after week!!!
Tranz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052

May the force bit with you.

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 02:50:10 AM

i am using 1.4

If it is for the default wallet that should work. Otherwise you can also use the menu Wallet->repairwallet command.  You will need to give focus to that current wallet first that has the orphans.

HBN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.0 hobonickels.info
Personal Donations: F1TranzWqFGZyFeTMu6iLbtTQgdXuJPsiL
Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
ryanb
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 03:17:30 AM

i am using 1.4

If it is for the default wallet that should work. Otherwise you can also use the menu Wallet->repairwallet command.  You will need to give focus to that current wallet first that has the orphans.

Thanks worked like a charm

https://bitcoinfundingteam.com/ref/SatoshiTeam
turn 0.1 BTC to 80BTC week after week!!!
unick

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 03:19:31 AM

That's the system the Zeitcoin devs implemented yesterday. The price has since doubled. Though to be fair, it did double from extremely low levels.

It seems to be a good system to create demand.

I don't know how it's going to play out for HBN, but it is extremely hard to mine this coin, so this could help people that want to mine their way in at much bigger scale since the supply comes from the market.  Plus it's could create a nicer liquidity those PoS block looking to be sold.

unick

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 04:50:12 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2014, 08:33:57 AM by unick

Holy crap, the load time of 1.4.0.1 was under 5 sec on first load!!!
 Grin Grin Grin

I am re-syncing the block chain, will check load time afterwards.

EDIT: full block chain loaded it took 14 seconds ... not bad at all  Grin

Thanks for this amazing fix Tranz, this will help the community a lot!  Wink

You can get the mac compile here.  http://hbn.blockx.info/hobonickels-1.4.0.1-macosx.dmg

I know the build might crash on your computer, I tested on 4 different Macs and anything I build fails on my mid 2010 iMac... I'm not sure what the problem is.

So please DO REPORT THE CRASH here, it will help figure out what the problems is.

Meska

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 09:13:03 AM

I don't know how it's going to play out for HBN, but it is extremely hard to mine this coin, so this could help people that want to mine their way in at much bigger scale since the supply comes from the market.  Plus it's could create a nicer liquidity those PoS block looking to be sold.

(Sorry unick, I didn't understood your PM, but now I get it) Wink

So for me the trouble of this kind of multipool, with payout in HBN, is the fact there is not that much "offer" in the "selling" part.
From MY point of view, I'm also a bit afraid with the responsability.
Let's say we have generated 1 BTC. And I have to change them for HBN, at the current price (0.00032099), it's around 3000 HBN. But there is no one selling that amount before 0.00037201. So it's a big "price" responsability to do it, and I don't really like it.
Other way to see it, there will be more people selling their HBN, so maybe more SELL orders...

Currently, I'm putting my crapy miners (dedicated servers ~10Kh :p) on hashco.ws who allow me to get paid in MINT. It's not much, but it's still some staking coins.

For me the big trouble will still be the "buy some HBN from BTC (or any other currency)".
But unick, if you want to try something with me, why not. You have an awesome hashrate, so maybe we can start some tries with a new pool just the two of us to see what we can mine (I can bring also some friends to start it and see how it works)

BTCTC: 1JiQmXauxsgc5aEygF7soxkaB717VgWVdH
HBN: EtWqbeUGWNYoB7WgW8ML14rxoxx7Bs4ySw
HBN 0.5% fees pool https://scrypt.io/hbn/
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 11:46:08 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2014, 12:44:53 PM by tokyoghetto

(Sorry unick, I didn't understood your PM, but now I get it) Wink

So for me the trouble of this kind of multipool, with payout in HBN, is the fact there is not that much "offer" in the "selling" part.
From MY point of view, I'm also a bit afraid with the responsability.
Let's say we have generated 1 BTC. And I have to change them for HBN, at the current price (0.00032099), it's around 3000 HBN. But there is no one selling that amount before 0.00037201. So it's a big "price" responsability to do it, and I don't really like it.
Other way to see it, there will be more people selling their HBN, so maybe more SELL orders...

Currently, I'm putting my crapy miners (dedicated servers ~10Kh :p) on hashco.ws who allow me to get paid in MINT. It's not much, but it's still some staking coins.

For me the big trouble will still be the "buy some HBN from BTC (or any other currency)".
But unick, if you want to try something with me, why not. You have an awesome hashrate, so maybe we can start some tries with a new pool just the two of us to see what we can mine (I can bring also some friends to start it and see how it works)

I am willing to throw hashes at a multipool that pays out in HBN. The way I see it, the multipool will help push the price high enough to the point where other miners will start PoW mining HBN to sell for BTC. From these PoW HBN miners is where the HBN multipool will find its liquidity. Its possible that the HBN multipool will send the price of HBN to not only the moon, but past Pluto and into the delta quadrant. how is that ever a bad thing? this multipool will help HBN in price discovery and give HBN its true value, which I feel is more than what it is now.

HBN Multipool : HBN investors/traders/miners - buys from regular multipool miners.
Regular Multipool: BTC miners - Sells HBN to HBN multipool miners in exchange for BTC.

Coins with multipools are doing over 100 BTC/24 hour in volume over at mintpal. look at ZEIT, ECC and BC. Now imagine HBN doing that kind of volume, trust me the price will go to orbit because of the number of coins available.

They will feed each other liquidity. If this multipool happens then it gives me another reason to pull the trigger on a couple gridseed blades.
dogechode

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 12:42:55 PM

By Multipool I assume you guys mean, mine the most profitable coin and then dump it for HBN?

Yes I think Meska would be the one to hit up for that

Hash Cows already has a multipool up and running that does this, and they added mint due to many requests from that community. They have talked about adding more payout coin options based on interest/demand. If enough people asked about hbn, they could easily "add" this with a very small amount of work.
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 09:35:49 PM

Anything that spreads the HBN name and adds to the adoption of the coin would be great.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
thrassos

Activity: 156

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 01:28:35 AM

Join our HoboNickels Pool at: https://www.cryptopoolmining.com/hbn/

• Secure http connection to our site.
  • We are using proportional (PROP) reward system.
  • Server monitoring statistics are available and updated every 5 minutes.
  • E-mail Notifications (new block found, down workers, auto payments, manual payments, successful logins).
  • Live dashboard updating info every 60 seconds.
  • Statum server: 1 (US)
  • Helpdesk application for your support
  • 1% pool fee

Happy mining!!!

Single Sign-On Pools: MONA, DGB, NUT, SLR, GLC, VGC, GDN and much more.
DGB Scrypt Pool - DGB Sha256d Pool - DGB Groestl Pool - DGB Skein Pool
Join us at: http://www.CryptoPoolMining.com/. Your crypto mining partner!
dogechode

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 01:29:44 AM

I asked Hash Cows about it I'll let you know if they respond favorably. They just added zeit and some other coin so now that's 3 they allow payout in, can't see why adding HBN would be a problem.
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 294 »
  Print  

Jump to: