Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:46:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
dan99

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 04:11:42 AM

Watching and wishing you guys well as an American mfg.

I'm waiting until I see hardware in the wild myself before I'll commit to anything, but good to hear from you guys.

You really should stop by more often.  Wink  Smiley

Seriously though: I sometimes get approached to handle private five and even mid six figure deals separate from my GB activities and I really need to know what's available without scams, or I can't even list this as one of a buyer's potential options.

Right, we know its important to post here, we feel it's just better to post when there's something to be said. But we'll definitely update this specific thread more often. We we're traveling,  and figuring out the next best thing. You'll hear about it soon enough.

Great updates this really give us more confidence about your product, its on the way. Remember to show some videos and photos of miners

that way the trolls and the shills will not have much negative things to say, except hopefully is all positive Smiley

Thanks for staying positive brother, we take care of the guys that support us.

Looking good if you ask me, the photos and video has been delivered, now just need to deliver the orders and all is well on track Smiley

and please take photos and videos of your own chips and miners when available.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AMT_miners (OP)

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 04:15:18 AM

Watching and wishing you guys well as an American mfg.

I'm waiting until I see hardware in the wild myself before I'll commit to anything, but good to hear from you guys.

You really should stop by more often.  Wink  Smiley

Seriously though: I sometimes get approached to handle private five and even mid six figure deals separate from my GB activities and I really need to know what's available without scams, or I can't even list this as one of a buyer's potential options.

Right, we know its important to post here, we feel it's just better to post when there's something to be said. But we'll definitely update this specific thread more often. We we're traveling,  and figuring out the next best thing. You'll hear about it soon enough.

Great updates this really give us more confidence about your product, its on the way. Remember to show some videos and photos of miners

that way the trolls and the shills will not have much negative things to say, except hopefully is all positive Smiley

Thanks for staying positive brother, we take care of the guys that support us.

Looking good if you ask me, the photos and video has been delivered, now just need to deliver the orders and all is well on track Smiley

and please take photos and videos of your chips and miners when available.

Yep all is going well on that end. Will throw some updates out next with AMT cases and all that.
Miramyn

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 04:22:50 AM

Try looking up VPN, it might explain a few things.

Proof?

Order 488, placed Oct 7th
Paypal TX Transaction timestamp
Oct 7, 2013 11:04:13 PDT

I'll accept your public apology here

Never be afraid about how stupid you are, its a free world. That's what happens when you try to match an IP from an email to a forum account when it's not your forum or IP logging.

You might want to look up how to treat your customers better as this is not the first time in his thread you've been called to task for your customer service skills (post #50 on page 3)

Now, how about those answers for a paying customers questions?Huh?

There were several orders placed on the 7th just like every other day. Send me an email to sales@advancedminers.com from one of them to confirm legitimacy. Then we'll take the necessary actions if that's true.

Otherwise, your just a Troll.

And everyone, customer or not, gets support via the website, not on a forum, this thread is meant for announcements only not support issues. We as a business have set up a support line, support chat, and respond to emails pretty quick, during normal business hours.

Confirmation sent as requested

It would have been quicker to answer the questions rather than try to track down where i supposedly reside and evade

Are we done with the afghan bs now?

When I was younger we didn't have behavioural disorders. They called it "being a brat". It was as simple as that!
Miramyn

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 04:35:28 AM

Pleasure not doing business with you

Still waiting on the retraction of the troll comment and your apology for being  wrong on the rest

Still not good business to throw a hissyfit when you were proven wrong

When I was younger we didn't have behavioural disorders. They called it "being a brat". It was as simple as that!
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 06:26:44 AM

All I see is bitfury chips stamped on a board, where is your ASIC?

Asic updates are at the end of next week. Right now we're focused on getting everyone's early orders out on time.

I have a question on that as well. Will you still be working with Technobit when you introduce your own 28nm ASIC's?

I am frankly pretty neutral on that, more curious than anything. But I can see no real negatives from such a continued association either. Martin is good people.

Hey Biomech,

Your Good people, a normal, civil thread member and we're happy to have you around. Comment more if you will. Martin is good people too. We'll continue to work with Martin as long as he'll have us. We'll also work with a few other guys around the area in order to bring quality miners to our clients. Alliances are a necessity in the future of mining development in order to be able to create/delivery miners and to get them out on time. And guys that try and it do everything by themselves will most likely end up pulling a BFL.

Well, thanks!

I don't feel there is anything to be gained by beating people over the head, most of the time. That and I really want to see a REAL company succeed in the former USA. I'm also hoping to have the money in hand to just go buy one in a couple months Smiley Since the only other companies I'm really following are either in Sweden or Russia, that would be a lot easier in Philly.

I do have to take some exception to you refusing to do business with Miramyn. Yeah, he was being confrontive, but there are a great many reasons to operate behind a VPN that have no bearing on your business, and Paypal is adequate ID for tax purposes. You would have been immune to any problems. This won't stop me from doing business with you, once I see delivered products and raise the money I need, but it was probably unwise. Just sayin'.

That aside, the miner looks good, and Martin vouching for you goes a long way in my book. I followed him closely on the Klondike project, and even asked him some questions that were probably silly to a man of his technical caliber. He was cool to me and instrumental to getting the damn thing working, even if too late (which was Avalon's fault, mostly). I wish you well, and hope to be a customer.
demonmaestro

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Mining for the hell of it.

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 07:10:30 AM

I am keeping my eye on this. Maybe getting some stuff from ya.

Feel Like Donating? bc1q0v5nfdejapffewu67gft7zw7zsmnfmmkt3lf02
Buy/Sell BitCoin & LiteCoin  Click here! | Looking for a great exchange? CoinBase Has you covered.
Miramyn

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 10:51:56 AM

All I see is bitfury chips stamped on a board, where is your ASIC?

Asic updates are at the end of next week. Right now we're focused on getting everyone's early orders out on time.

I have a question on that as well. Will you still be working with Technobit when you introduce your own 28nm ASIC's?

I am frankly pretty neutral on that, more curious than anything. But I can see no real negatives from such a continued association either. Martin is good people.

Hey Biomech,

Your Good people, a normal, civil thread member and we're happy to have you around. Comment more if you will. Martin is good people too. We'll continue to work with Martin as long as he'll have us. We'll also work with a few other guys around the area in order to bring quality miners to our clients. Alliances are a necessity in the future of mining development in order to be able to create/delivery miners and to get them out on time. And guys that try and it do everything by themselves will most likely end up pulling a BFL.

Well, thanks!

I don't feel there is anything to be gained by beating people over the head, most of the time. That and I really want to see a REAL company succeed in the former USA. I'm also hoping to have the money in hand to just go buy one in a couple months Smiley Since the only other companies I'm really following are either in Sweden or Russia, that would be a lot easier in Philly.

I do have to take some exception to you refusing to do business with Miramyn. Yeah, he was being confrontive, but there are a great many reasons to operate behind a VPN that have no bearing on your business, and Paypal is adequate ID for tax purposes. You would have been immune to any problems. This won't stop me from doing business with you, once I see delivered products and raise the money I need, but it was probably unwise. Just sayin'.

That aside, the miner looks good, and Martin vouching for you goes a long way in my book. I followed him closely on the Klondike project, and even asked him some questions that were probably silly to a man of his technical caliber. He was cool to me and instrumental to getting the damn thing working, even if too late (which was Avalon's fault, mostly). I wish you well, and hope to be a customer.

Thanks Biomech.

Yeah I still don't understand why he wasted time trying to prove I was in Afghanistan instead of just answering the questions initially asked.
Like you said, order was placed from a US verified Paypal account, thats more information on me then they have provided on themselves

And not answering questions based on where they think someone is from? Really? Thats a valid business practice now?
I still have no idea how they thought they tied my IP to Afghanistan or how they even thought they could match to it this forum but oh well. Pooled VPNs for the win.
I've got a refund (yes they did give a refund, so no issues there) and they lost at least one customer and maybe more.

I still hope they deliver a quality product as it would be nice to have a US based company doing this sort of thing, but based on my treatment from them I certainly won't be a customer in the future.

elaramus

Activity: 219

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 11:02:32 AM

AMT,

What is the pricing of additional modules? How do we order?

How much power does each module consume? I'm guessing 70w per module based on original expected specs.

How many expansion slots are available in the 128 and 192 Ghs chassis?

Can we get a discount for shipping without power supply and opting to use our own?

Are the chassis dimensions still the same?

Can you post a picture of the chassis?

Don't have a preference of whether you answer here or on your website, but inquiring minds would like to know.

Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 04:10:32 PM

So let me get this straight....

A customer asks questions.
You claim he's only trolling because you refused to ship to him in afghanistan.
He says he's not in afghanistan but in the USA
You ask him to confirm by email
He does and you cancel his order because he's using a VPN Huh

Can you explain why a VPN is a problem, I always use one so am I excluded from ordering too ?

Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 04:34:16 PM

I guess it all depends on your risk tolerance. I run a electronics company that sells items for we'll say $1500. I have had customers that have wanted to pay with a credit card or PayPal and ship it to Afghanistan, Israel, Hong Kong. I usually refuse as the credit card to be stolen and or the customer could say they didn't receive it. Same thing with PayPal.. You can buy a PayPal verified account as well. So perhaps it just out of the company's comfort zone. I have no affiliations with the company or any employees. I'm waiting on the video to see if I should place an order or not.. Perhaps you could buy with escrow and bitcoins?
Regards,
Brian

Avalanche is a must own
DyslexicZombei

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 04:52:09 PM

I can escrow BTC sales for anything legal at BTCcrow as an official Escrow Affiliate at 1.5%, paid by the buyer.

AMT has not indicated if they support escrow but IMO it'd still be cheaper for them than PP or CC without the risk of chargeback.

FWIW: Miramyn is a customer of mine and I haven't had a single issue with him. I've found him to be a pleasure to deal with (like all of our customers). IMHO I don't believe that your forum rep has a thick enough skin or the patience to deal with this demanding market and it's generally bad form to accuse your paid customers of something they didn't do just because they have concerns about their order. I say this as someone that has over 25 years of sales experience. If you're making an accusation like that, one should be 100% correct or you're soon going to be seen as Inaba 2.0 here.

Ya gotta be a duck in Customer Service and let complaints roll off like water off a duck's back.

PS. How are you sure that Miramyn wasn't a US soldier in Afghanistan trying to get miners sent to his house? We still have troops there even though it hardly makes the news nowadays.
FCTaiChi

Activity: 308

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2013, 03:49:41 PM

I don't see any reason that AMT shouldn't be on my list as long as martin is vouching for them.  Before I can add them, though, it looks like the equipment they are selling isn't going to be all ready at the same time.  Is this true?  If so I would need to know what will be done at what time.  If not, should people start getting tracking numbers for their shipment in a few days?

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
elaramus

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 12:17:28 PM

So the official shipping day was yesterday. Did anyone get a tracking number?
dan99

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 03:48:00 AM

Just wish they enable their credit payments platform.?
elaramus

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 01:52:01 PM

On Thu, 31 Oct 2013 16:51:59 -0400
Advanced Miners <sales@advancedminers.com> wrote:

> We'll post a video on the forum in a few hours, we need to edit it
> and make as nice as we could, we're not very good at editing video as
> you'll see. its just taking a while to upload to you tube.
>
> Your order 399 is scheduled to ship on November 5th.
>
>
>
>
>
> On 10/31/2013 10:23 AM, rsumara28 wrote:  
> > On Wed, 23 Oct 2013 22:04:57 -0400
> > Jim Brown <jbrown@advancedminers.com> wrote:
> >
> > QUOTE:  
> >> Your order #399 is due to ship out at the end of this month in the
> >> first batch. I'll email you back in one week with tracking info and
> >> everything else.  
> > It's been a week and I've heard nothing. I understand you all are
> > busy, but posting pictures of unpopulated printed circuit boards,
> > and promising twice to provide a video then failing to deliver has
> > done absolutely nothing to boost my confidence.
> >
> > I'm ready to request my refund unless you can either give me a
> > tracking number or show me something solid that indicates that you
> > have a working product to ship on Monday as referenced in the forum.
> >
> > If you cannot do either, then process my refund.
> >
> > If I do not get a response by tomorrow at 5PM, I will initiate
> > actions on my end to recover my funds.
> >
> > Sincerly,
> >
> >
> >  
> >> Hi Rob,
> >>
> >> I received your offline message. Yes we are a bit busy putting our
> >> miners together. We feel its best to stay off the forums unless its
> >> for major announcements. Our managers believe its best to launch
> >> updates/videos  right when we start shipping so there is no doubt
> >> as to who we, what we're build and when we're shipping "because we
> >> already are". Its best to fully present a product when its
> >> available to ship.
> >>
> >> Your order #399 is due to ship out at the end of this month in the
> >> first batch. I'll email you back in one week with tracking info and
> >> everything else.
> >>
> >> All the best,
> >>
> >> Jim.
> >>  
>
>  

The above are e-mails sent back and forth between myself and AMT regarding my order placed on 2 October.
It is now 6 November, and though I've been told twice to expect shipment, this has not occurred. As of this morning, I still do not have a tracking number, nor has the company reached out to me to explain it's failure to do so. I would have been more willing to hang in a little longer if the company had communicated.

I would advise others to stay away until this company gets it's act together.

I believe AMT will be able to produce product based on what has been presented so far and based on Marto's vouching for them, but I also believe that they are far away from doing so.

My estimation is that you have a bunch of talented guys way in over their head with absolutely no idea as to how to properly run a business.

It bothers me that they can find time to bid on an auction elsewhere on this forum in an attempt to get more bitfury chips, but can't take the time to respond to customer requests, advise on late shipping, or keep their website updated aside from raising the prices. (see their forum post below)

Let's call the Auction over at 18:00, it was daylight savings yesterday and people could get confused.

http://news.discovery.com/human/life/dangers-of-daylight-savings-time-131103.htm

I filed with Paypal this morning and received a refund of my full purchase price. I hope others have better luck.
AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 05:48:02 PM

I believe AMT will be able to produce product based on what has been presented so far and based on Marto's vouching for them, but I also believe that they are far away from doing so.

My estimation is that you have a bunch of talented guys way in over their head with absolutely no idea as to how to properly run a business.

It bothers me that they can find time to bid on an auction elsewhere on this forum in an attempt to get more bitfury chips, but can't take the time to respond to customer requests, advise on late shipping, or keep their website updated aside from raising the prices. (see their forum post below)

I filed with Paypal this morning and received a refund of my full purchase price. I hope others have better luck.

We understand you guys have concerns but we're working on these rigs as well as a model of business which is beneficial to everyone. A rig which can be easily upgraded and used over and over again with new boards and new chips from several suppliers as them come out.

We are taking care of our customers, and we expected to have Robs ("elamarus") and the other week one October orders shipped yesterday but his miner didn't make the cut and was due to ship today. Yes we failed to update him on the extra day of late shipping. We usually respond with in hours to anyone that writes to on Sales@advancedminers.com or Orders@advancedminers.com

Yes we immediately returned Robs funds and will do so for anyone else that paid via Paypal.

We kindly just ask you to ask for a refund instead of just filing a claim like a disgruntled client. Rob sent an email at 7:26 Am which said "It is now November 6th. What is my tracking number?" at 8:15 he filed a claim. At 8:30am (when Jim opened the office) he immediately refunded Rob's order because we wont stand for claims in paypal, its just not worth it.

If you would like a refund please just email and ask for a refund like a normal person, filing a claim can effect everyone's miner, and immediately hurts any sellers rep with paypal. If your going to return a Dell you bought at Bestbuy are you going to do a charge back first? No you're gonna bring the Dell to bestbuy and ask for a refund like a normal consumer. This industry shouldn't be treated any differently than that.

Here's a fun new fact in the world of selling miners via paypal.

Paypal America (not paypal europe - they are two different things btw)  has changed their seller protection policy which states that if a "Pre-Ordered Item" is not sent out within 21 days the Buyer has the right to a full refund even if they have received the product and the seller has demonstrated shipping. https://cms.paypal.com/al/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/UserAgreement_full

How's that for American seller protection? We'll most likely be refunding some of the other clients that have paid prior to the 21 day threshold and will ask them to repay via paypal so that at least we are protected as a seller. If they choose not to repay that's fine, because I can honestly say that we have not used any of the funds from any of the clients that paid via paypal since day 1. We understand that clients would prefer to pay via paypal because of "Buyer Protection", but what are buyers really protecting when Paypal's Seller protection is nothing short from "Seller Destruction" in this specific industry.  And I think every other Miner manufacturer in this forum will agree with us on that. We may continue to work with paypal but we're waiting to see how they behave with our account after demonstrating the first shipments.  Paypal allows several other merchants in this industry to operate and sell via paypal, but what you don't know is immediately when you make your purchase your funds are held as a "limited status" meaning that as Made to Order merchant, we cant really use any of the funds to make things that have been ordered. And that could define why miners are sometimes late. Anyway, we're working on Amazon another option, should be running soon.  

All in all, we're delivering. It's not important how we did it, or who we work with, or who we sell to. All that matters is, we ultimately deliver miners on time and the miners that we deliver work. And i think several of the hardcore guys on this forum will agree with us on that.

AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 06:00:23 PM

Also it looks like we'll have a few extra miners at the end of this week that didn't need to be shipped for what ever reason.

But as of now we have 6 extra AMT 128's and 2 extra AMT 192's miners that will be available for immediate shipping on 11/14.

Why can't we ship the right now? We need to cover all the 21 day+ pre-orders first.  Anyone who would like to purchase one of them please let us know. Just create an order via the site and check out with Bitpay. Then send an email to either jbrown@advancedminers.com or Josh@advancedminers and let use know your order number is for the 11/14 date. We will update this thread immediately after each order. We're only accepting BTC for those immediate shipped miners and that offer lasts until Friday.

tntdgcr

Bitcoin Mining Hosting

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 07:52:19 PM

Also it looks like we'll have a few extra miners at the end of this week that didn't need to be shipped for what ever reason.

But as of now we have 6 extra AMT 128's and 2 extra AMT 192's miners that will be available for immediate shipping on 11/14.

Why can't we ship the right now? We need to cover all the 21 day+ pre-orders first.  Anyone who would like to purchase one of them please let us know. Just create an order via the site and check out with Bitpay. Then send an email to either jbrown@advancedminers.com or Josh@advancedminers and let use know your order number is for the 11/14 date. We will update this thread immediately after each order. We're only accepting BTC for those immediate shipped miners and that offer lasts until Friday.

If you want to ship some now , hit me up. I can do pick , cash whatever. Wherever you are, I can have someone Smiley -- PM is fine.

OregonMines is expanding. Are you expanding with us?
AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 10:56:34 PM

2 down.
1x AMT 128 and 1x AMT 192

5 x 128's are available for express.
Photon939

Activity: 452

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 12:05:41 AM

2 down.
1x AMT 128 and 1x AMT 192

5 x 128's are available for express.

Do you offer local pickup?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: