Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:58:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
Cefalu

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 07:45:14 AM

Hello -
I am wondering if the pictures above are upside down?
thx

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JTrain_51

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 07:53:38 AM

About to go and check out the miners Im hope I like it so I can get one for myself!
sink

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 12:25:08 PM

Hmm, you guys should think to ask your friends to help the customer services.
The mail that I sent to Jim for clarify the miner protection and the 403 Error are still un-reply.

Yes, I know you guys are busy for building miners and fight against the DDoS(just saw this right here).
But that should not be the problem for replying us and the E-mail, especially that we're going to pay for it with our sweat money in this moment.

It's tire I know that. But UX is the key for your company's survival since you guys just Start-Up the AMT this year.
Through this hard day and tomorrow, then you guys will see the bright future.
amer

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:36:52 PM

You'd be wise not to confuse the rabid purchase of miners in a market with very little supply and high demand with running a business successfully.

The BTC/ASIC phenomena will settle soon enough and unless your plan was for AMT to only last a few months, you will find that being an asshole to your existing and/or potential customers will bite you in the ass.

I think what we're doing is the furthest thing from "being an asshole" or confusing this with running a business successfully. We are not running this successfully at the moment at all, we're basically just trying even run it. And other manufacture out there that claims anything but the same, is full of it. And this business of BTC miner manufacturing can only be comparable to something like "riding a psychotic horse into a burning stable". We've designed our miners to have the ability to work with several different types of chips. Slotting a board on 3.5 modified heatsink  will not only allow us to keep shipping but to partner with most of the real chip manufacturers in the process. As long as our boards stay the same size, and we master ways to cool these things which is another challenge of the week  (Avalon), we're fine. The LTV of our customers will surpass those of any other manufacturer. Because if your a miner and the difficulty just sky rocketed, do you want to wait for a  another full miner on pre-order, or to order an AMT 220ghs drive that you can use to swap out your 45ghs bitfury drive.

Coincraft is a great chip, I promise you that. And bitfury is still a great chip and will always be the best chip design during the blossoming of the BTC mining industry. But since the value of BTC skyrocketed they have chosen halt sales for the moment. Bitfury was designed by a Ukrainian man so intellectually and so smart that even 1 year later the chip itself yields a higher hashing power with the right board design. No one ever seems to notice or recognize that fact, and their distributors Dave and Niko are honest and good men as well. But in a world of chaos and greed, I don't blame them for being out of stock, but it does present an issue and a possible problem which we foresaw when designing our miners. So that effects our business obviously, but since our board/hotslot model is a versatile one, we can swap these out with Avalon boards and change our products to the AMT100 and AMT 150, and continue to ship. A problem we have currently is that Avalon heats up like crazy, so now we have to figure out a smart cooling method to the hot slot model, which we will, and needed to anyway, because moving 320W of heat per board (Coincraft) out of an aluminum case isn't an easy one. So whats the solution to that - the most simplest - slid-able removable side panels for the moment.

We've designed this business and these miners with the idea of what the mining customers goes through, the problems of greed in this industry from all levels, and the problems that that the customer faces, and basically the only thought process anyone could and should have needs to start with " Ok, So what's the worst that can happen " and then make the business model backwards.

So do we want to flaunt these miners, create videos and gain the attention of some of the other competitors out there who obviously invest their time and money in trolling and DDOS attacking sites(Our site is undergoing one right now by the way)  and putting down other companies over the phone trying to sell their clients. (A few of our larger clients came from one company who spent 20 minutes on the phone just bashing everyone else ).  Or do we want to sell and ship quietly to our customers which are also, on the level.

But between DDOS attacks, an attempted break in, merchant processors/banks screwing things to hell, chip suppliers limiting availability and the worst of all it, trolls. Most men would have quit by now. But we are not most men - and if we come off like an asshole, we don't mean to and apologize in advanced.

Okay, I feel bad, you sound like you're working hard. And if you are, it's even more tragic that you sound like you're running a scam, which if you just take a step back and objectively read this thread, is honestly what it sounds like.

That being said, don't blame the bitcoin community or these forums as some kind of unique environment where everything is horrific. Running any small business is like what you describe. People are trying to swindle you, from suppliers to customers. I've seen it in the restaurant biz, I've seen it in B2B. You're not cursed, in fact, you have the unique opportunity to have a large amount of customers concentrated in one place (here) and that should be an advantage to you, not something to hide from. Put on your game face, show people how excited you are about it and people will drink the kool-aid if you sound positive and like a believer. Don't be pressured to promise anything because of b.s. promises other companies are making.

Speaking to customers and making them believe in you and your product is a skill and it takes hard work to get there. It means not getting pissed off (in public) when someone talks shit about you or the little company you are trying to build, it means taking feedback from people with a smile on your face, even though you are boiling with rage inside, it means telling everyone to "calm down, be patient, we're hard at work!" when you mean "fuck off, we're working on it you impatient bastards". It means have a real plan and a schedule for updates even though it seems like your time is better spent on actually doing the work.

Just to use a Thanksgiving analogy, when you're cooking a turkey you are tempted to open the oven and check on the turkey a bunch of times, which slows down/ruins the cooking. But, you can solve that problem with a digital meat thermometer - even though the process hasn't changed, the information, whatever it is, is the difference between watching the game and enjoying your family and standing around in the kitchen, getting short with anyone who wants to know when we will be eating.

tips: 1amerApYUVjsKSuVUtfjxaoi7QXG7Zwao
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 10:24:35 PM

You'd be wise not to confuse the rabid purchase of miners in a market with very little supply and high demand with running a business successfully.

The BTC/ASIC phenomena will settle soon enough and unless your plan was for AMT to only last a few months, you will find that being an asshole to your existing and/or potential customers will bite you in the ass.

I think what we're doing is the furthest thing from "being an asshole" or confusing this with running a business successfully. We are not running this successfully at the moment at all, we're basically just trying even run it. And other manufacture out there that claims anything but the same, is full of it. And this business of BTC miner manufacturing can only be comparable to something like "riding a psychotic horse into a burning stable". We've designed our miners to have the ability to work with several different types of chips. Slotting a board on 3.5 modified heatsink  will not only allow us to keep shipping but to partner with most of the real chip manufacturers in the process. As long as our boards stay the same size, and we master ways to cool these things which is another challenge of the week  (Avalon), we're fine. The LTV of our customers will surpass those of any other manufacturer. Because if your a miner and the difficulty just sky rocketed, do you want to wait for a  another full miner on pre-order, or to order an AMT 220ghs drive that you can use to swap out your 45ghs bitfury drive.

Coincraft is a great chip, I promise you that. And bitfury is still a great chip and will always be the best chip design during the blossoming of the BTC mining industry. But since the value of BTC skyrocketed they have chosen halt sales for the moment. Bitfury was designed by a Ukrainian man so intellectually and so smart that even 1 year later the chip itself yields a higher hashing power with the right board design. No one ever seems to notice or recognize that fact, and their distributors Dave and Niko are honest and good men as well. But in a world of chaos and greed, I don't blame them for being out of stock, but it does present an issue and a possible problem which we foresaw when designing our miners. So that effects our business obviously, but since our board/hotslot model is a versatile one, we can swap these out with Avalon boards and change our products to the AMT100 and AMT 150, and continue to ship. A problem we have currently is that Avalon heats up like crazy, so now we have to figure out a smart cooling method to the hot slot model, which we will, and needed to anyway, because moving 320W of heat per board (Coincraft) out of an aluminum case isn't an easy one. So whats the solution to that - the most simplest - slid-able removable side panels for the moment.

We've designed this business and these miners with the idea of what the mining customers goes through, the problems of greed in this industry from all levels, and the problems that that the customer faces, and basically the only thought process anyone could and should have needs to start with " Ok, So what's the worst that can happen " and then make the business model backwards.

So do we want to flaunt these miners, create videos and gain the attention of some of the other competitors out there who obviously invest their time and money in trolling and DDOS attacking sites(Our site is undergoing one right now by the way)  and putting down other companies over the phone trying to sell their clients. (A few of our larger clients came from one company who spent 20 minutes on the phone just bashing everyone else ).  Or do we want to sell and ship quietly to our customers which are also, on the level.

But between DDOS attacks, an attempted break in, merchant processors/banks screwing things to hell, chip suppliers limiting availability and the worst of all it, trolls. Most men would have quit by now. But we are not most men - and if we come off like an asshole, we don't mean to and apologize in advanced.

Okay, I feel bad, you sound like you're working hard. And if you are, it's even more tragic that you sound like you're running a scam, which if you just take a step back and objectively read this thread, is honestly what it sounds like.

That being said, don't blame the bitcoin community or these forums as some kind of unique environment where everything is horrific. Running any small business is like what you describe. People are trying to swindle you, from suppliers to customers. I've seen it in the restaurant biz, I've seen it in B2B. You're not cursed, in fact, you have the unique opportunity to have a large amount of customers concentrated in one place (here) and that should be an advantage to you, not something to hide from. Put on your game face, show people how excited you are about it and people will drink the kool-aid if you sound positive and like a believer. Don't be pressured to promise anything because of b.s. promises other companies are making.

Speaking to customers and making them believe in you and your product is a skill and it takes hard work to get there. It means not getting pissed off (in public) when someone talks shit about you or the little company you are trying to build, it means taking feedback from people with a smile on your face, even though you are boiling with rage inside, it means telling everyone to "calm down, be patient, we're hard at work!" when you mean "fuck off, we're working on it you impatient bastards". It means have a real plan and a schedule for updates even though it seems like your time is better spent on actually doing the work.

Just to use a Thanksgiving analogy, when you're cooking a turkey you are tempted to open the oven and check on the turkey a bunch of times, which slows down/ruins the cooking. But, you can solve that problem with a digital meat thermometer - even though the process hasn't changed, the information, whatever it is, is the difference between watching the game and enjoying your family and standing around in the kitchen, getting short with anyone who wants to know when we will be eating.

Well said Amer +1, this is how the real world operates, PR is a very difficult skill to master.  Engineers and geeks typically don't understand the skill set and the importance of PR in the real world (not this gold rush Deadwood crypto's are in for the time being).  One of if not the biggest hurdle's for a start up is the ability to attract new customers.  Companies that are run well, have a solid business model with great products fail every single day because they can't get enough new customers fast enough.  The fact that this gold rush has created an environment where demand far exceeds supply is something that almost every start up would give their eye fucking teeth for.  You've been given something that most new companies would KILL for and you should try to respect the value of that oh and remember it will not last forever...

Good luck AMT I actually tried to place a PP/CC order very early on and it didn't work, I talked with Jim in customer support a number of times (he gave me a 5% discount and was pleasant and professional).  I didn't end up re-ordering, just because I hate the pre-order game and getting my pp account verified etc was to much hassle for me, miner or no miner meh I'm good (my BTC are staying in my wallet for a while).
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 01:12:23 AM

Extremely well said. AMT, we're looking at you. I personally want you to succeed. One, I can probably afford your product in about five months, and two, you're in the US, which simplifies things for me.

Three is that I too have worked in customer service (most of my life) and fully understand the frustrations.

Here's a couple of "daffynitions" that help me get through the bad days, and are fully in line with the above.

Diplomacy: The art of telling someone to go to hell in such a way that they are looking forward to the trip.

Tact: The ability to make people feel at home when you wish they weren't.

Kevin Biomech
Cefalu

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 09:09:11 AM

Can you say a few words re: why the pics above show heatsinks below the sources of heat?
Turbor
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

BitMinter

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2013, 05:20:12 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2013, 06:20:20 PM by Turbor

So AMT are you selling technobit hardware in a box as 28nm gear or what's the deal?

Edit: HP states Bitfury 55nm for the small machines. So far so good Tongue

Delmonger

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 06:21:43 PM

well I was thinking of purchasing until I came to this thread.
AMT_miners (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 11:55:55 PM

So AMT are you selling technobit hardware in a box as 28nm gear or what's the deal?

Edit: HP states Bitfury 55nm for the small machines. So far so good Tongue

calm down, be patient, we're hard at work!  But seriously the technobit guys are great, and we will continue to with them in the future as well.
AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 12:01:17 AM

i also was 'this' close to paying until i read all this and still no real confirmation. its just too vague

i spoke with some random 'egyptian' dude who said he has been mining a 1.2TH rig of theirs for over a month but no pics...

We've heard about that guy, just like some other guy on Ebay that stole our 1.2th picture and is trying to sell it. We've setup an email a long time for that possible problem and its in our facts section Orderverify@advancedminers.com  if anyone suspects anything like that email us there or at sales@advancedminers.com and we will verify if the order is legit or not, very quckly. We've contacted ebay and reported them but its still up.
AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 12:02:00 AM

well I was thinking of purchasing until I came to this thread.

Dont let the thread defer you... we're good guys, the new office will be up soon and you can come by and visit for verification.
AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 12:04:28 AM

Thanks for the productive criticism, its motivating actually and i appreciate your direct honesty and sincerity actually. We need to work on pr.
AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 12:10:35 AM

Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 12:24:20 AM

Which ones are these AMT?
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 12:27:51 AM

i also was 'this' close to paying until i read all this and still no real confirmation. its just too vague

i spoke with some random 'egyptian' dude who said he has been mining a 1.2TH rig of theirs for over a month but no pics...

We've heard about that guy, just like some other guy on Ebay that stole our 1.2th picture and is trying to sell it. We've setup an email a long time for that possible problem and its in our facts section Orderverify@advancedminers.com  if anyone suspects anything like that email us there or at sales@advancedminers.com and we will verify if the order is legit or not, very quckly. We've contacted ebay and reported them but its still up.

i dont follow what your trying to say.

he was actually saying you are 'ligit' and that he was ready to buy more....

this thread is the exact opposite of that.

and your posts seem to clarify nothing.

if i pay for a 1.2th TODAY - when will i get a verifiable tracking number?
AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 12:40:47 AM

Which ones are these AMT?

These are the 80, 128, 192, 220
AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 12:42:53 AM
Last edit: December 03, 2013, 12:53:06 AM by AMT_miners

We've heard about that guy, just like some other guy on Ebay that stole our 1.2th picture and is trying to sell it. We've setup an email a long time for that possible problem and its in our facts section Orderverify@advancedminers.com  if anyone suspects anything like that email us there or at sales@advancedminers.com and we will verify if the order is legit or not, very quckly. We've contacted ebay and reported them but its still up.

i dont follow what your trying to say.

he was actually saying you are 'ligit' and that he was ready to buy more....

this thread is the exact opposite of that.

and your posts seem to clarify nothing.

if i pay for a 1.2th TODAY - when will i get a verifiable tracking number?

mid to end of January realistically - but that's cause your late to order man,,

And i'm talking about some arab/egyptian/indian (accent) - im not sure but this man has listed the picture of the 1.2 on ebay and claimed to have purchased a pre-order and is selling it for more. I assumed you were talking about that guy. The 1.2 isnt fully build yet, we're working on it.
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 05:10:01 AM

Influx was the guy i spoke to yesterday.

he was not claiming to be a rep of yours, merely that he was happy to have bought from you.

now u say the 1.2Th/s rig doesnt even exist yet, so i cant comment what he may have been up to.

as for a mid january tracking number i think i'll pass until i can see at least one verifiable, happy 'not fake' buyer with their rig in hand

RBCastro

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 11:25:25 AM

I'm waiting to get it in hand. I hope I can get it personally.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: