Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 06:10:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
AMT_miners (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 07:26:17 AM

I just ordered another one... The one which "timed-out", is still pending.

You should add a "retry", or "cancel order", for when the payment part fails to process. (I was attempting to pay, but GOX complained the address was an invalid BTC address. It was not, just had to submit it again, and it went right through on the second order.)

BTC is up to a nice high... Buy them while it costs less BTC to place the order, before they raise the price of the machines, like BFL did with the miners. (Not that they will... But I am sure they might think about it now!)

1.2TH/s Coin Miner (#AMT1200)

P.S. I have a birthday coming-up on the 24th of Dec. Feel free to donate a complimentary miner as a gift. Tongue
I'm curious what a snr. member has to say about AMT... Has anyone successfully received a machine from AMT yet that is currently mining any SHA256e cryptocurrencies? Anyone?

They will all say NO so i'll say it before them. We've shipped like 40+ miners over the last few weeks. We're the underdogs of america for the moment, but hungrier than most so we'll be pulling a few cool tricks in the near future. We never sold on the forum or to the forum members or tried to.. well no once we listed a few last minute available cancellations here... but that was it, and they guys that bought paid in btc and I assume came from the forum.

we just moderate this thread otherwise it turns into a pr disaster if left alone for more than a day. We've encouraged clients to post here but we can't force them, a lot of are clients are like... rich guys.. or business or soon to be hosting companies, they don't "forum" that much I think. And honestly we didnt want to shoot this video ourselves first we wanted to wait until some client did it but no one did.
AMT_miners (OP)

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 07:29:55 AM

Speaking of PR disaster right.. lets not forget guys..

NEW THREAD POLICY.  

ANY FORUM/THREAD MEMBERS THAT HELP AMT  FIGHT AGAINST TROLLS AND NEGATIVE THREAD MEMBERS WILL GET 5% OFF ANY MINER WE SELL + 1 TO 2 WEEKS OFF THE EXPECTED SHIPPING TIME FRAME. STARTING NOW 12/09/2013.  THAT DISCOUNT IS ON TOP OF ANY DISCOUNTS OR OTHER PROMO'S WE'RE RUNNING NOW OR IN THE FUTURE AND CAN BE USED AT ANY POINT THE TROLL FIGHTER WOULD LIKE TO USE IT.  

How do you help AMT fight trolls? When other members make negative remarks or post something that can be construed as something provocative or something generally undermining towards our credibility you should follow that post with a positive response and if the situation calls for it, an intelligent remark against the troll or negative individual Including reasons why they are possibly being negative, or provocative.

Also, random comments here that are supportive and generally nice for AMT to have on it's thread is also considered helping AMT fight trolls. A combo of the two is preferred. Don't fake it, but just support an up an coming mining manufacturer through positive remarks.  

When claiming your discount please simply provide proof of your posts via a message to us directly here on this forum from the username that you used to post with. One post wont cut, we're looking for real supporters here and we'll reward those that are positive and cheerful individuals on this thread from this point forward.

There are a few members which already earned this Troll fighting discount and I'll make a list of them shortly.

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 08:10:29 AM

Soo,your current 80GH miner consumes 80 watts,1 watt per GH.I read in an earlier post something about this being a Bitfury based miner.

Your 28nm stuff isn't ready yet Huh  When will it go on sale,if it isn't already Huh

Thanks!!!

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
elaramus

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 10:27:56 AM
Last edit: December 12, 2013, 04:08:22 PM by elaramus

We never sold on the forum or to the forum members or tried to.. well no once we listed a few last minute available cancellations here... but that was it, and they guys that bought paid in btc and I assume came from the forum.

Check Post #77. AMT, I would have sang your praises had I received my box as promised. I'd have been happy to post videos, do a review, and all of the doubts here would have been eradicated.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 10:53:41 AM

Check Post #77. AMT, I would have sang your praises had I received my box as promised. I'd have been happy to post videos, do a review, and all of the doubts here would have been eradicated.

Thanks for the flashback  Cheesy  Guess you won't get that 5% discount,huh..............So everything on their site is 55nm Bitfury...............hmmmmmm  Roll Eyes

It's the best for least as of now.Still a good deal,but I thought for some strange reason it was 28nm tech though.

Best of luck to you & please start a new thread when you finally get your miner  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 02:05:29 PM

Finally!  There in a couple of posts AMT you showed me u exist. That was not so hard was it?
Thank you.  In my book (which means little) you sound like a player.
smelly

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 03:12:15 PM

Is it remotely possible that miners are really being assembled and tested here in any reasonable volume?

https://i.imgur.com/E5C5ths.jpg

Yes, it's possible. Anyone can start a business in a small office space or garage. Can be software, manufacturing, or selling drugs.

Still, we want the clarification from AMT people.

yep.

http://oi43.tinypic.com/etuwef.jpg

El Monte St.
clenell

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 03:32:32 PM

Finally!  There in a couple of posts AMT you showed me u exist. That was not so hard was it?

23 pages into the thread and you just noticed AMT responses?  Roll Eyes

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 04:00:14 PM

Soo,your current 80GH miner consumes 80 watts,1 watt per GH.I read in an earlier post something about this being a Bitfury based miner.

Your 28nm stuff isn't ready yet Huh  When will it go on sale,if it isn't already Huh

Thanks!!!
Their boards they're showing are the Technobit HEX16b boards.
http://technobit.eu/index.php?id_product=54&controller=product&id_lang=1

What they've shown so far is that they can take Technobit's existing PCB and shove some of them into cases with the heatsink fins oriented the wrong way. No credible customers have reported receiving their Bitfury based units.

They haven't shown that they have done any engineering whatsoever, so it's extremely unlikely they have their own 28nm design on the way. By the same token given their pricing it seems hard to believe they could be using anyone else's 28nm products. It is on sale though.

I'd love to be wrong on this, but I would honestly be shocked if anyone who ordered a 1.2TH/s miner ends up getting it. I would suggest staying far away unless they can post something credible detailing their incoming design.
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 05:23:44 PM

Thanks for confirming these are not original designs (although the heatsinks are the right way up for that sort of chip, same as avalon or asicminer, its the back of the PCB that needs to be cooled).

This smells like a scam. I even wonder if the Bulgarian bank isnt just a scheme to make people pay Technobit and have the boards delivered to the OP. Whether OP will keep them or ship them to increase his credibility to get more 28nm orders is anyone's guess, but with what I have(nt) seen so far, my money is on this being a pure scam.
MrTeal
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 05:33:47 PM

Thanks for confirming these are not original designs (although the heatsinks are the right way up for that sort of chip, same as avalon or asicminer, its the back of the PCB that needs to be cooled).

This smells like a scam. I even wonder if the Bulgarian bank isnt just a scheme to make people pay Technobit and have the boards delivered to the OP. Whether OP will keep them or ship them to increase his credibility to get more 28nm orders is anyone's guess, but with what I have(nt) seen so far, my money is on this being a pure scam.
I'm not talking about the side that the HS is mounted on (which you are of course correct on). I was referring to the orientation of the fins. Even cursory testing would show that if you want to mount the modules like that you should have the fins rotated 90 degrees, so that the air moving front to back through the case (and from that fan) can flow along the length of the fins. As it's set up now, even the incoming air that makes it into the HDD cage will hit the first fin of the heatsink and be diverted around it.
clenell

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 08:28:30 PM

I'm not talking about the side that the HS is mounted on (which you are of course correct on). I was referring to the orientation of the fins. Even cursory testing would show that if you want to mount the modules like that you should have the fins rotated 90 degrees, so that the air moving front to back through the case (and from that fan) can flow along the length of the fins. As it's set up now, even the incoming air that makes it into the HDD cage will hit the first fin of the heatsink and be diverted around it.

In your expert fluid dynamics opinion?

Taking into account bypass flow, duct flow and the number of fins - any disparity in thermal resistance with and without flow bypass in either direction (90 degrees) would be minimal at best.

I hope this assuages your concerns  Grin

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
MrTeal
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 09:05:23 PM

In your expert fluid dynamics opinion?

Taking into account bypass flow, duct flow and the number of fins - any disparity in thermal resistance with and without flow bypass in either direction (90 degrees) would be minimal at best.

I hope this assuages your concerns  Grin
You'll get significant bypass, especially since there is such restriction from the cage already. If you are a fluid dynamics expert and want to share some numbers on it though, I would be very interested as it goes against both common sense and my own experience to suggest that the orientations on the left and the right have minimal differences in performance.
clenell

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 09:55:42 PM

My opinions are pure 'convection'...

you see what I did there?

ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 10:17:42 PM

Are you forgetting that air also comes in from the front of the case, and that these fins might actually be overkill for the unit. They would work better with air being shot directly through them. However, in both orientations you show, with positive pressure that is minimal, there will not be much change.

You forget that if you blow across the top, like a chimney, air is drawn-in from the sides of the fins. Same same. This is due to high-speed pressure drop. (The same thing that lifts an airplane wing up.) Being in that "cage" open on the front and back, air will travel through the fins anyways. The front of the cage has normal pressure, the back has low pressure. Thus, air flows in the direction they are oriented in the cage.

But I digress. If the heat-sinks are only for thermal dissipation, this will not matter one bit. At the stated wattages, these fins are 4x larger than they need to be. Orientation is moot.

I agree that the design could be better. CPU-cases are the worst thermal design to begin with. Thus the reason why all miners are normally open-design and milk-crate designs. (Or racks)
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 10:21:53 PM

I think I do.

Newbie registered here on november 25, mentions AMT, a mining company I hadnt even ever heard about,  in his second post after "hello bitcoin world", claiming to want to buy their hardware, posts 90% of his posts in AMT thread and is now defending what is clearly a rather braindead design.

I could be wrong, but

majalen33

Activity: 33

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 11:43:07 PM

Someone always has something to complain about. Someone always smells a scam. Sounds like competition trying to sabotage. 
clenell

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 01:19:46 AM

I think I do.

blah blah blah blah blah.

I could be wrong, but i never think i am

fixed

Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 02:01:57 AM

23 pages into the thread and you just noticed AMT responses?  Roll Eyes
[/quote

No.  23 pages in and I just believed them. Grin
pierred

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 02:09:38 AM

I ordered the 192 GHs miner back in October.
I just got confirmation of shipping from Jim. I'll let you know how it goes when I receive it, can't wait  Grin
I'll try to make a youtube vid. I have no idea what to expect, I never mined before, I am just hoping the setup will be simple enough.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: