Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:08:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
thejaxx

Activity: 95
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 11:58:05 PM

I recently sold all my BE's since I could actually make some money on them. I've got that money plus some bonus money from work and trading.

But because of the number of scams that I have seen and my own interactions with BFL, I have been  hesitant on pulling the trigger in buying anything new, even though I want to.

That being said, AMT so far seems to be the best option on my placing an order.

As someone who has worked in customer service now for over 20 years, the interactions with potential and current customers is where most of the companies seem to be having problems. Working in the tech industry, most techie types do not have the people skills in dealing with customers and when challenged do exactly what has happened here.

AMT would do well to hire a front facing individual to be the go between.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Khanduras

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Movin' on up.

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 12:13:52 AM

AMT has been exceptionally rude to me when responding to a simple query regarding the status of my order. This doesn't speak well for them, nor does it speak well for how they conduct business in general. That paired with the lack of proof of any devices being shipped, I really don't see how you can consider them being the "best option" right now.

I really would love to end up with my foot in my mouth on this one, but AMT is seeming to be EXACTLY like BFL was back when their first generation ASICs shipped. Should I receive my overdue shipping notification any time soon, I'll definitely retract my statement, but until then... AMT is out of the question, for now.

Bitcoin Address: 1N1sex4rktWdxBJcFTczYZF5Xa75C47j4c                 |
Mining Income Address: 15wgpV7fDN8fVYn1q9QaPb9XSLjGRhry5L    |
gamersglory

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

No more Crypto in this world

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 04:28:02 AM

The A1 chips have been delayed tell Jan or Feb. So that's probably why
terahasher

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 07:23:34 AM

I was told today that my 1.2TH machine would ship the first week of January. This is what I was told over a month ago when I ordered so we shall see. I too wish some folks who have received miners would post something here but I must remind myself the world does not revolve around this thread.

That's reassuring to hear that they told you that today.  How did they contact you? email? phone?  At least they took the trouble to contact you!

I wish they would lemme know if the Dec 16th date is a go.  Especially since I paid back in Oct.   
Huh
subseaguru

Activity: 560
Merit: 504

I know the voices in my head aren't real.

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 07:53:11 AM

Hello AMT,
Any chance of catch-up shipments before Christmas or New Years?

majalen33

Activity: 33

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 12:33:06 PM

Does this delay mean they are going to follow through with their Miner Protection Plan?
Zaghomat

Activity: 66

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 02:44:42 PM

So we have an american company that only take payment with bitcoin or wire to a bulgarian bank account and that claims to have shipped miners but nobody has confirmed to ever receive one...

Nothing make sense here
Zaghomat

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 03:03:39 PM

Something smells fishy here. Why do they sell side by side a 520 gh/s miner at 4600$ and a 1.2 th/s at 6000$?? Only difference is for the better price per gh/s you can only pay by wire or bitcoin..

If you think about it,  this is not fishy at all.   The 520 gh/s uses Bitfury and 1.2 TH/s are bitmine.   Clearly there is some logic behind the pricing.

See, AMT is just an assembler.  They assemble parts sourced from Europe (Bitfury and Bitmine).   If they were claiming that they had built their own chip then I would be extremely suspect.

Now Cointerra, HashFast and BFL all claim to have designed their own chips.  Both Cointerra and HashFast have an impressive list of chip designers in their team.   The only issue with them is, when will they deliver?

BFL has delivered before, however hard to trust them on keeping their schedules.

The description on the site says otherwise:

Product Description

Plug & Play Bitcoin Miner

520 GH/s nominal performance ( + / – 10% )

Included accessories: USB Cable and Power Cord
Chip: Asic 28nm
Weight: 6 lb.
Dimensions: 10.50 x 12 x 16 high

Warranty: This unit come with a lifetime warranty.

Total maximum power usage in turbo mode: 240w
Product specifications may differ from  (+/- 10% running variance)

So 28nm and 240W for 520 GH/s that's clearly not the bitfury chip. The pricing does not make any sense from a business point.
Zaghomat

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 03:17:00 PM

Investigating further I'm more convinced something is not right here. Their top of the line unit cost 5$/GH. Bitmint sell their chip at 4.5$/ GH if you order in big quantity.

Even if they managed to get a good deals on the chips the margin is not there to build the pcb, case, cooling, etc and make a profit.
clenell

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 04:12:38 PM

I was told today that my 1.2TH machine would ship the first week of January. This is what I was told over a month ago when I ordered so we shall see. I too wish some folks who have received miners would post something here but I must remind myself the world does not revolve around this thread.

That's reassuring to hear that they told you that today.  How did they contact you? email? phone?  At least they took the trouble to contact you!

I wish they would lemme know if the Dec 16th date is a go.  Especially since I paid back in Oct.   
Huh

i spoke with jim via email.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
clenell

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 04:14:12 PM

So we have an american company that only take payment with bitcoin or wire to a bulgarian bank account and that claims to have shipped miners but nobody has confirmed to ever receive one...

Nothing make sense here

your comment is patently false. read the thread then come back and post. i actually feel for AMT and understand why they try to stay off this thread as much as possible. if they tried to answer every yokel that read 1 page and then started blasting them i'd lose it too.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
majalen33

Activity: 33

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 04:28:51 PM

If everyone is so concerned with their business model and their price points, I would suggest they start their own business.  Since most people can only complain and theorize about business practices, I would suggest they leave business comments to people who actually have a business.  Wink
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 05:47:38 PM
Last edit: December 14, 2013, 06:35:59 PM by ISAWHIM

Just for the record, the "old chips", which you can buy easily in bulk (assembled in to prefab PCIe cards by the thousands), only cost about $12,000 per 1.2Ths. (That is the OLD chips, which draw nearly 1200w).

It makes sense that the new chips, which are not that new actually, are selling for nearly half. (Which is obviously a "early buyer" promotion. I am sure these will quickly rise to $12,000 once they begin rolling-out to "small consumers", while remaining about $6,000 to bulk-buyers.)

But they do lack customer-service for "small purchases". They are obviously inundated with millions of time-killing questions from people who don't even have actual money to pay for the item. Just as BFL had to deal with. They are not selling customer service, they are selling machines. Either you have the money to buy it, and buy it, or you don't, and are just wasting their time, and ours. (That is only to the trollers.)

By the way, there are few people who are in the forums who purchased BFL's 1.5Ths miners, and few who purchase the other 1.2Ths modules which stack by the dozens into cages. Those are big businesses, the ones selling cloud-mining services and who own the majority of the 7000+Th on the network now. Be glad that they are willing to sell such small quantities to us, at these prices, or they will eventually take that away from us too. Not selling unless we buy 10+ 1.2 THs machines at once.

Nothing is stopping you from buying the old crap at 60-100Ghs for $6000, which is still abundant and people are eager to get rid of.

Link, for those who don't mind paying 2x for old technology now... In bulk... (Which is a 3-month preorder too. Just for the record.)
http://virtualminingcorp.com/shop1/index.php?id_product=23&controller=product#/fh_exp_case_16_pcie_slots-no_expansion_case/fh_256ghs_module_a-1_280th_1_200_watts/fh_256ghs_expansion_a-no_256gh_s_expansion_modules

All units, by almost every company, are build-on-demand. It would kill them to pre-build, and stock items on the shelf that can't sell 3 months later. Perfect example is all the USB-stick miners. 800% loss for those. (If someone has something on the shelf, it is an item that was purchased and later canceled, or just real old and expensive to buy, with little or no ROI. Miners no longer determine market price. The best they could do was $180/BTC. This is now a buyers/sellers market, not a miners market. Honestly, you want a better ROI, buy bitcoins directly, every time they drop, or are lower then 20%-50% of the peak.)

Do not worry, as soon as my unit arrives, I will be giving a detailed review and hosting plenty of information for those who like to read about history.
NaranKPatel

Activity: 81

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 06:36:35 PM

Just for the record, the "old chips", which you can buy easily in bulk (assembled in to prefab PCIe cards by the thousands), only cost about $12,000 per 1.2Ths. (That is the OLD chips, which draw nearly 1200w).

It makes sense that the new chips, which are not that new actually, are selling for nearly half. (Which is obviously a "early buyer" promotion. I am sure these will quickly rise to $12,000 once they begin rolling-out to "small consumers", while remaining about $6,000 to bulk-buyers.)

But they do lack customer-service for "small purchases". They are obviously inundated with millions of time-killing questions from people who don't even have actual money to pay for the item. Just as BFL had to deal with. They are not selling customer service, they are selling machines. Either you have the money to buy it, and buy it, or you don't, and are just wasting their time, and ours. (That is only to the trollers.)

By the way, there are few people who are in the forums who purchased BFL's 1.5Ths miners, and few who purchase the other 1.2Ths modules which stack by the dozens into cages. Those are big businesses, the ones selling cloud-mining services and who own the majority of the 7000+Th on the network now. Be glad that they are willing to sell such small quantities to us, at these prices, or they will eventually take that away from us too. Not selling unless we buy 10+ 1.2 THs machines at once.

Nothing is stopping you from buying the old crap at 60-100Ghs for $6000, which is still abundant and people are eager to get rid of.

Link, for those who don't mind paying 2x for old technology now... In bulk... (Which is a 3-month preorder too. Just for the record.)
http://virtualminingcorp.com/shop1/index.php?id_product=23&controller=product#/fh_exp_case_16_pcie_slots-no_expansion_case/fh_256ghs_module_a-1_280th_1_200_watts/fh_256ghs_expansion_a-no_256gh_s_expansion_modules

Some good comments here ISAWHIM.

It's also worth noting that current chip tech fab is 22nm (introduced April 2012, actual mass production coming later) and Intel has market lead on those compared to any other chip fab, these shrinks take a few years for fabs to size / retool to production, 14nm will coming middle of 2014 but Intel will likely have 6 months to 1 year lead on everyone else. Searching the web you'll see 28nm for ASIC production is bleeding edge, so if they are delayed a little - don't be too surprised. Going from 65/55nm to 28nm is a large leap forwards for current ASIC production and it's not going to jump too rapidly further unless there's massive demand, market cap and demand increase of bitcoin producing h/w, so much so that reaches something ridiculous that this demand pushes chip fabs to spend millions/billions is retooling for better than 28nm...someone from chip fabrication could chime in here and clarify further or correct the information stated, which was gathered based on simple web searching and my tech background. What's likely true is that existing ASIC chip fabs are using some production % to produce these mining chips and unless demand is high expect delays as profit/production model establishes itself.

There's folks making more in trading recently due to rise and variability of trading against other currencies, so I don't think there's that much growing demand for mining h/w, plus the rapid difficulty rises and new startups trying establish a profitable business model is making it difficult to get hold of equipment. I hope things stabilize, but more so actual bitcoin trading volumes increase so that mining not just for bitcoins which is going down but rewards for trades actually means something useful versus the power being consumed. The rewards for mining from trades seems pretty much small to nothing, which is really disappointing, it would be good if these actually get published and tracked, anonymously ofcource like the number bitcoins being found.
terahasher

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 11:09:59 PM

...But they do lack customer-service for "small purchases". They are obviously inundated with millions of time-killing questions from people who don't even have actual money to pay for the item. Just as BFL had to deal with. They are not selling customer service, they are selling machines. Either you have the money to buy it, and buy it, or you don't, and are just wasting their time, and ours. (That is only to the trollers.)

Nothing is stopping you from buying the old crap at 60-100Ghs for $6000, which is still abundant and people are eager to get rid of....

Do not worry, as soon as my unit arrives, I will be giving a detailed review and hosting plenty of information for those who like to read about history.

All I'm asking from AMT is to PLEASE send out an update to all the people who purchased back in Oct.   Our due dates for pick-up are Dec 16th (Monday!).  They should NOT be wasting time on this forum dealing with trolls.  In fact if they just sent the paying customers an update, all of us customers would be able to disprove the trolls.  Currently, AMT left me in the dark.  And I don't want them to respond to me here.  I hope they'll answer one of my voicemails or emails I left with them requesting an update.  I hope they'll behave professionally and contact me via the outlets provided on their official website.
 Undecided

The only thing reassuring on this forum is that AMT still exists and they haven't closed shop and left with my money.  Before coming across this forum (just this week!), I was totally freaking out when none of my communications were being returned since Thanksgiving!
sh1k1g4m1

Activity: 34

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 11:52:12 PM

I'm just waiting for the big reveal.
russellthies

Activity: 29

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 01:17:08 AM

I received an email from Jim on Dec. 3rd, regarding my 1.2 th/s order (541).  At that time he told me that they were working on the final "board tweaks" and that if they were late it would be by a week or so.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 01:49:54 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2013, 02:03:33 AM by MPOE-PR

Investigating further I'm more convinced something is not right here. Their top of the line unit cost 5$/GH. Bitmint sell their chip at 4.5$/ GH if you order in big quantity.

Even if they managed to get a good deals on the chips the margin is not there to build the pcb, case, cooling, etc and make a profit.

People will say anything. They will say anything with all the forcefulness of truth and with all the gall of unwavering conviction irrespective of whether what they say is true or false.

There are instruments to handle these problems, as described in The positive market effects of the delivery bet. All people like you need to do is use them. And if you don't use them and get burned...well you gotta learn somehow. Next time you'll use them. Or get burned again, and eventually become this retard.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 03:51:21 AM

All I'm asking from AMT is to PLEASE send out an update to all the people who purchased back in Oct.   Our due dates for pick-up are Dec 16th (Monday!)....

In fact if they just sent the paying customers an update, all of us customers would be able to disprove the trolls.  Currently, AMT left me in the dark.  And I don't want them to respond to me here.  I hope they'll answer one of my voicemails or emails I left with them requesting an update.  I hope they'll behave professionally and contact me via the outlets provided on their official website.
 Undecided

The only thing reassuring on this forum is that AMT still exists and they haven't closed shop and left with my money.  Before coming across this forum (just this week!), I was totally freaking out when none of my communications were being returned since Thanksgiving!

I understand... but I can not recall ANY store, selling any item, which "gives updates"... What exactly do you want them to do? Call every customer every day, and say... Only 14 more days... Only 13 more days... Only 12 more days... Only 11 more days...

You, by your, "Unusual pestering for updates", "Through voicemails and emails", are probably one of the reasons they are having difficulty answering any questions, anywhere. Pick-up date is Monday, so show-up monday, and pick it up. If they don't have it, then I am sure someone will "update you". If it ships that date, then expect the shipping information to be updated on your account. What other information could you possibly need, that would change anything, other than, "It's here, come get it!"

Sorry, but I personally believe you are being overly dramatic and demanding. Did you call Amazon every day, asking for updates on your x-box-one order, up until the date when they said that it was going to be available for shipping? (That was just my flavorful dramatic example... If you did actually do that, now I know why mine didn't get here on time. They were too busy trying to explain to you how buying things works. You buy, you wait, you get. At no point in buying, do you hound the business, unless it doesn't arrive... AFTER the date expected. Which has not arrived yet, by my watch... Monday is two days in the FUTURE, from PRESENT.)

Please, stop calling them, unless you want to cancel your order. They seem to be answering others calls. Perhaps you should be calling at a more appropriate time or day. Perhaps your email is showing as SPAM, and being ignored. Does your phone have an anti-automated caller-blocker? (One that does not answer unless it hears a real human voice response? Mine has that, and I don't get some important automated calls. They might use a call-back program, which is waiting to hear a human response also, before connecting the call.)

There is also the PM system here. Since this is the "official thread", and they have "filled us in", with more information... I assume you may get a direct response by the person who is responding, privately. (Since you stated, in public, over and over, that you don't want a public response.)
terahasher

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 04:13:18 AM

All I'm asking from AMT is to PLEASE send out an update to all the people who purchased back in Oct.   Our due dates for pick-up are Dec 16th (Monday!)....

In fact if they just sent the paying customers an update, all of us customers would be able to disprove the trolls.  Currently, AMT left me in the dark.  And I don't want them to respond to me here.  I hope they'll answer one of my voicemails or emails I left with them requesting an update.  I hope they'll behave professionally and contact me via the outlets provided on their official website.
 Undecided

I understand... but I can not recall ANY store, selling any item, which "gives updates"... What exactly do you want them to do? Call every customer every day, and say... Only 14 more days... Only 13 more days... Only 12 more days... Only 11 more days...

You, by your, "Unusual pestering for updates", "Through voicemails and emails", are probably one of the reasons they are having difficulty answering any questions, anywhere. Pick-up date is Monday, so show-up monday, and pick it up. If they don't have it, then I am sure someone will "update you". If it ships that date, then expect the shipping information to be updated on your account. What other information could you possibly need, that would change anything, other than, "It's here, come get it!"

Sorry, but I personally believe you are being overly dramatic and demanding. Did you call Amazon every day, asking for updates on your x-box-one order, up until the date when they said that it was going to be available for shipping? (That was just my flavorful dramatic example... If you did actually do that, now I know why mine didn't get here on time. They were too busy trying to explain to you how buying things works. You buy, you wait, you get. At no point in buying, do you hound the business, unless it doesn't arrive... AFTER the date expected. Which has not arrived yet, by my watch... Monday is two days in the FUTURE, from PRESENT.)

Please, stop calling them, unless you want to cancel your order. They seem to be answering others calls. Perhaps you should be calling at a more appropriate time or day. Perhaps your email is showing as SPAM, and being ignored. Does your phone have an anti-automated caller-blocker? (One that does not answer unless it hears a real human voice response? Mine has that, and I don't get some important automated calls. They might use a call-back program, which is waiting to hear a human response also, before connecting the call.)

There is also the PM system here. Since this is the "official thread", and they have "filled us in", with more information... I assume you may get a direct response by the person who is responding, privately. (Since you stated, in public, over and over, that you don't want a public response.)

Are you serious?  I cannot recall ANY store that doesn't answer the phone or a single email.

No, no, I don't want a response every day.  Perhaps you misunderstand my previous posts.  I just want ONE single response.  I didn't think I was asking for much.  Several people have gotten a response so I have a ballpark idea of what's happening.  It would be quite pathetic if a 3rd party forum was their way of getting back to me.  I would hope they would check their emails and vm's and keep those as a priority for people they need to answer back to.  I left them my details so they can easily verify that I'm a legit customer.  I think it's odd that others have gotten a response and I haven't...especially being an early buyer.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: