Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:45:44 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
alsey7

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 01:46:09 AM

really why does it have the option on there site
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 02:08:09 AM

My mistake. Credit cards are available, but only for the 2 smallest miners.

Buy & Hold
Billsonl

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 02:19:25 AM

No, they don't accept credit cards.  I placed an order for the small 80 GH/s Coin Miner (#AMT60 $1,545 way over price) miner because they say they accepted credit card.  I was expecting to pay when i order.  There was no option to pay after ordering.  A few days later i got the following e-mail saying no credit card.  Bait and switch maybe?  I was like WTF??  Glad i have my KNC gears up and running WHICH i paid with PayPal on top of my Amex (double protection if anything goes south).  

Hi XXX,

we see that you've recently placed an order with us.
Unfortunately we cannot accept credit card payments at the current moment. I am sure you can understand.
You have the option to keep your order and can make a payment via Wire,
Check or Bitcoin.

If you opt for a wire payment (the fastest, probably easiest payment if
you don't have Bitcoins in the moment), we'll issue you a quick wire
request invoice and after you've made your payment we issue you a paid
wire receipt. The majority of our clients opt to pay via wire.

Please let me know what you'd like to do, again I apologize about the
confusion.

Kind Regards,

--
Alyssa Trusten
AMT Billing Dep.
1254 W. Chester Pike,
Havertown, PA, 19083
1855-866-6463
atrusten@Advancedminers.com
LightInPA

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 02:45:56 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=357169.0
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 03:05:51 AM
Last edit: December 16, 2013, 04:30:57 AM by ISAWHIM

I would like to point out that as a Pennsylvania Mason, it is part of our Oath and Obligation not to use our tokens in such a Crass and Materialistic fashion. Nor is it considered "okay" even just letting Brothers know in that way, especially when among outsiders. As most of you are.  It is, I repeat, NOT ACCEPTABLE to advertise "Hey, I'm a Freemason." in almost any enterprise.

LOL'ed at this whole post...

EDIT: Freemasons are real... sort-of... Tongue
Just read a great deal about it. Thanks for expanding my knowledge indirectly. Smiley

"Obligation not to use token (a material thing), ... in a materialistic fasion." (Then why have that materialistic token? To NOT use it???

...."not acceptable to advertise... Freemason"... Is this fight-club... rule number one, tell no one...

Freemasons, is this 1820, or was that the 1400's? Isn't that from Indiana Jones and the temple of doom, the guys running around in the Shriner hats? (No offence if that was actually a serious post, and you are a Freemason. But "sort-of", as you said, isn't quite "absolute". I am sure a mason was named "Bob", so having the screen-name bob124 is masonic?!?!)

Sorry, had to chime-in on that post, it was impossible to sit silent upon. Nice touch with the "selling shovels" bit. Funny, because before I mined bitcoins, and built my machines, I mined gold with shovels and pans. That is what led me to bitcoins. What would be wrong with abandoning a dead business model for a better one, that is more advanced? If I might ask. All you need is money, and people who can use an easy-bake oven and silk-screen, which is any McDonalds employee. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to assemble most computer units. Hell, I am a high-school drop-out, and do more technical work than people with years of college. (Apparently, now I make more than some of them that I know too. Tongue)

I think BFL has more against them, in the past. However, like the above post, it is unrelated to the present.

NOTE: Correction to my previous link-text. I wasn't implying that the link was old-tech, that was a separate comment, referring to the 65nm designs and the erupter-blades, which are 2x more than the equivalent new-tech. It was just a coincidence that the link was also 2x the value of this specific 1.2Ths miner. (I am still getting people trying to sell me 100Ghs erupter-blade-rigs for $6000, which are being mass-produced by some Chinese company now. I assume the ones who originally sold them to the designers of the actual blades. Tongue)
clenell

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 03:17:27 AM

proof or stfu man. you sound like an idiot.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
alsey7

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 03:24:55 AM

well guys thanks for the reply about AMT Credit card payment. Now that sucks.... hell no i'm paying amt with a bank transfer or wire or bitcoin. Looks like only way is going to have to buy it with Ebay. I might have to pay much more but at least i'm protected. Dont have faith with a Company let it be BFL AMT or others that dont take credit cards.

why cant these companies offer that payment..... wait wait with I know with credit cards they know if they don't deliver item they know that Capital One, BOA Chase any banks will come after there ass. Sometimes its better to have a paper trail. Sorry AMT i had faith in you but this doesnt show us you are serious.. heck even a Liquor store accepts CC... Maybe AMT should accept EBT (food stamps ) lololo
Chazaki

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 03:36:47 AM

Nor is it considered "okay" even just letting Brothers know in that way, especially when among outsiders. As most of you are.  It is, I repeat, NOT ACCEPTABLE to advertise "Hey, I'm a Freemason." in almost any enterprise.  

So, why are you advertising that you are a "Freemason" in order to establish credibility to your post? Seems pretty contradictory to me...

I think everyone needs to calm down, take a step back and look at almost every mining company in the industry. The fact is, this industry is so new and so explosive at the moment that it has to be incredibly difficult to create a startup small-business. It isn't like Apple or Amazon or any of those companies that have been around for years and years. They have the financial capabilities to be able to provide A+ customer support - most mining companies right now don't have. In fact, a lot of companies post losses in the first year or two in order to establish themselves a solid reputation with customers. It is very hard to start up any business right now, yet alone one that has rarely been done before and is completely in its infancy.

I know I know all of you are going to say "This guy only has a small number of posts - what does he know?", but I have been a long time lurker and decided to read before posting - something I feel a lot of people on this forum need to do. I have placed an order for two 1.2 TH/s miner's to be shipped around Feb 2nd. I am order #899.

That being said, I am extremely grateful for AMT as they are one of the few companies daring to take on this incredibly unstable market. Without them to challenge the market, we would have less competition in the industry and thus higher priced miners. Please, everyone, just relax and at least let AMT try to work on their products, rather than answering ridiculous accusatory posts.

To AMT - I sincerely hope you are for real on this and I applaud you in your effort. I am very excited to see where you take your company, because the potential for you here is incredible. People always have something negative to say - Ignore those people. Prove those who have supported you right by providing us with an incredible product we all know you are capable of producing. Everything becomes smooth sailing from there.

Cheers,
Chazaki

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
alsey7

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 03:51:32 AM

I think we are not bashing a company. but come one BFL at least you can buy there rig. didn't AMT say they where going to post video of a working miner. or didn't they ship out a unit already to buyers. There is no way that there isnt any pictures online with a client using a miner... Shit AMT looks more like phantom console and we all know how that came out.
AMT_miners (OP)

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 03:56:12 AM

well guys thanks for the reply about AMT Credit card payment. Now that sucks.... hell no i'm paying amt with a bank transfer or wire or bitcoin. Looks like only way is going to have to buy it with Ebay. I might have to pay much more but at least i'm protected. Dont have faith with a Company let it be BFL AMT or others that dont take credit cards.

why cant these companies offer that payment..... wait wait with I know with credit cards they know if they don't deliver item they know that Capital One, BOA Chase any banks will come after there ass. Sometimes its better to have a paper trail. Sorry AMT i had faith in you but this doesnt show us you are serious.. heck even a Liquor store accepts CC... Maybe AMT should accept EBT (food stamps ) lololo

To clear up this CC thing, we have a merchant and do accept CC via email checkout. The problem is that we have a limit on our merchants of how much we can process each month as we build credibility with the merchant processor and the bank as well. This is normal process for a new business with no history. Yes when you select CC you're taken to a page that says we'll get in touch with you shortly. If we have room for processing within this margin, which like between 1st and 10th of month we call the client back and either take the order over the phone or inform them that we'll be sending them this CC checkout via email. This is only a problem for one more month and than after January the limitations on our merchant account will be increased. A normal 90 day evaluation period every new business must go through if they don't have history or credit. That's why we only take payments for the smaller units, to allow for more purchases, more shipping/tracking numbers to prove delivery. And the merchant provider won't allow tickets over 3k.
alsey7

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 04:07:37 AM

well thankyou AMT good to hear that. If its possible thanks.. looks like I will be using AMX card. Thanks again You info about credit cards is great news
clenell

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 04:12:58 PM

this is one messed up industry. am i the only person floored by the audacity/bullshit pulled by some people around here? there is such a demand and so little supply i cant imagine competition would actively seek to slander another miner company. this imitation free mason guy went "full retard" - you never go "full" retard. implicating customers? just wow.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
NaranKPatel

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 07:04:10 PM

this is one messed up industry. am i the only person floored by the audacity/bullshit pulled by some people around here? there is such a demand and so little supply i cant imagine competition would actively seek to slander another miner company. this imitation free mason guy went "full retard" - you never go "full" retard. implicating customers? just wow.

No your not. I guess some people get off on sewing doubt/uncertainty.
YourPalToots

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 07:55:46 PM

I can't wait for the website mason icon analysis.

Fruitcake for Christmas!
pierred

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 02:50:20 AM

So, I received the 192GH/s miner today, I posted photos here: http://postimg.org/gallery/hv3esm2/170753d0/

It contains 3 HEX16B-Bitfury ASIC Miner boards as far as I can tell. They all connect to a USB hub, which connects to a TP-Link TL-MR3020 device. There are a lot of fans too :-)
One cpu fan is not properly mounted against the bitfury card and I may have to take the whole thing apart to access it as it does not do anything and half of the card isn't "fanned".

Jim needs to provide me with the instructions as they are not available in writing yet. Until then, I can't connect to this rig and get it mining.

I tried to get the TP-Link device to broadcast wifi or connect to ethernet or wifi, but zilch. I am not sure it's working. I checked the documentation on the TP-Link website and I'd be really surprised if it's actually working.

I connected each board individually to my computer and it says they are HEX16B-Bitfury ASIC Miner, which sounds good. However, I don't have a driver for these so I could not test them as miners connected directly to my PC. If somebody knows how to get the cards recognized by a PC, I can try them out individually for a raw test.

Needless to say, I am excited and can't wait to get this online. Good stuff AMT.

That's all for now, as soon as I get this thing hashing, I'll publish a video.

dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 02:56:04 AM

So, I received the 192GH/s miner today, I posted photos here: http://postimg.org/gallery/hv3esm2/170753d0/

It contains 3 HEX16B-Bitfury ASIC Miner boards as far as I can tell. They all connect to a USB hub, which connects to a TP-Link TL-MR3020 device. There are a lot of fans too :-)
One cpu fan is not properly mounted against the bitfury card and I may have to take the whole thing apart to access it as it does not do anything and half of the card isn't "fanned".

Jim needs to provide me with the instructions as they are not available in writing yet. Until then, I can't connect to this rig and get it mining.

I tried to get the TP-Link device to broadcast wifi or connect to ethernet or wifi, but zilch. I am not sure it's working. I checked the documentation on the TP-Link website and I'd be really surprised if it's actually working.

I connected each board individually to my computer and it says they are HEX16B-Bitfury ASIC Miner, which sounds good. However, I don't have a driver for these so I could not test them as miners connected directly to my PC. If somebody knows how to get the cards recognized by a PC, I can try them out individually for a raw test.

Needless to say, I am excited and can't wait to get this online. Good stuff AMT.

Good to see they are actually shipping units.

Techno bits has a bunch of downloads here:
http://technobit.eu/index.php?id_product=53&controller=product&id_lang=1#

Looks like you probably need this:
Serial_USB_Driver_HEX_win32bit
CDC Serial over USB driver for HEX16 boards for windows Updated Hex16b driver 16-11-13
http://technobit.eu/index.php?controller=attachment&id_attachment=9

P.S. How does 3 boards that overclock to 40GH/s each = 192GH/s?
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 02:56:28 AM

A big thank you for the follow up.  Can you remind us what your order date was?
clenell

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 03:22:38 AM

wow, thanks a ton bro for posting this information!!!  Grin

clenell

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 03:24:29 AM

Good to see they are actually shipping units.

Techno bits has a bunch of downloads here:
http://technobit.eu/index.php?id_product=53&controller=product&id_lang=1#

Looks like you probably need this:
Serial_USB_Driver_HEX_win32bit
CDC Serial over USB driver for HEX16 boards for windows Updated Hex16b driver 16-11-13
http://technobit.eu/index.php?controller=attachment&id_attachment=9

P.S. How does 3 boards that overclock to 40GH/s each = 192GH/s?

great question... can anyone answer this?

pierred

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 03:51:33 AM

Thanks for the tip, I installed the correct driver and I am running the HEX Miner from technobit.
I can get each card to fire up individually and they seem to "do" something, leds are flashing, but I am not sure if this is really working yet. See http://postimg.org/image/pxjyug757/ for a screenshot. I get a 0 GH/s and only 3 chips seem to be doing something.

This is probably far from the correct setup, as I said earlier I need Jim to provide me with the correct instructions.

I originally ordered in Oct 10, although it took me 1 week to get paypal to accept my order and Jim was patient during that time. I am not sure which date was used, 10/3 or 10/10.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: