Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:11:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
Zaghomat

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:52:59 PM

And why all those noobs that knew nothing about bitcoin and found AMT by googling for miners are now defending AMT against anyone who has doubt on their credibility?

The bitmine connection is strange to me. Bitmine sell 1 Th/s rig delivered in March for 5679$. Somehow AMT manage to sell them cheaper (1.2 for 5999$) but with a January delivery date... So the reseller can sell cheaper than the supplier and deliver earlier... Yeah right.

A Whois search on the domain is registered to this name:  "Advanced Mining Technologies" on their site and in the title of this thread they are "Advanced Mining Technology Inc" Might be a simple typo but I can't find any info on this company in online company registry. Maybe someone who know how to check for that in the usa can dig a little?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:02:09 AM

So the reseller can sell cheaper than the supplier and deliver earlier... Yeah right.

Not too mention 2 to 3x the electrical efficiency of Bitmine's spec.
clenell

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:18:07 AM

And why all those noobs that knew nothing about bitcoin and found AMT by googling for miners are now defending AMT against anyone who has doubt on their credibility?

The bitmine connection is strange to me. Bitmine sell 1 Th/s rig delivered in March for 5679$. Somehow AMT manage to sell them cheaper (1.2 for 5999$) but with a January delivery date... So the reseller can sell cheaper than the supplier and deliver earlier... Yeah right.

A Whois search on the domain is registered to this name:  "Advanced Mining Technologies" on their site and in the title of this thread they are "Advanced Mining Technology Inc" Might be a simple typo but I can't find any info on this company in online company registry. Maybe someone who know how to check for that in the usa can dig a little?

well, maybe we should just rehash the first 30 pages of this thread for you? gtfo here man.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
clenell

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:25:07 AM

So the reseller can sell cheaper than the supplier and deliver earlier... Yeah right.

Not too mention 2 to 3x the electrical efficiency of Bitmine's spec.

power usage on bitmine website says .35w/Gh. coincidentally enough AMT website says 300-600w on the 1200GH machine. puppet... i can't hold back anymore. you are acting like an idiot. i don't know what your motive/angle is but you are making yourself look stupid with your outright lies and tinfoil hat theories. you have no credibility man.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
Zaghomat

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:31:18 AM

well, maybe we should just rehash the first 30 pages of this thread for you? gtfo here man.

well maybe i m wrong but i m ready to put my money where my mouth is. Wanna bet 1 btc (escrow of course) that AMT wont deliver a 1, 2 th machine in january?
dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 12:31:40 AM

At this point, the miner is still connected to my laptop via usb and I am running the HEX Miner software from technobit. The miner is meant to be connected directly to the network via ethernet but I can't get the TP-Link unit provided with the miner to work. I may just buy one myself and try to figure it out, how hard could it be? (famous last words).

The cards are still running at 40GH/s each, I am not sure how to get them to run at 64GH/s. Technobit advertises 40-64, so I guess it's possible but I don't want to damage them. If I don't hear from AMT, I'll ask Technobit. Unless one of you guys has a brilliant idea.

Where does Technobit advertises 40-64?  I can only see 40GH/s advertised?
http://technobit.eu/index.php?id_product=58&controller=product&id_lang=1

P.S. You should be able to reflash the firmware on the TP-Link from the technobit download page they have lots of firmware versions listed (including original firmware).
dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 12:35:53 AM

Says the man with a warning in his avatar. Is your advice to be taken with extreme caution as well?  Shocked

After you've been around the community more than 2 weeks you'll find it's easily to ruffle some feathers (or hoofs).

You should really try typing in a funny accent with some of your shills; ie maybe a broken-English German guy and a mexican guy who mixes in some random Spanish words every now and again?  That would add some extra cred.
pierred

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:39:09 AM

At this point, the miner is still connected to my laptop via usb and I am running the HEX Miner software from technobit. The miner is meant to be connected directly to the network via ethernet but I can't get the TP-Link unit provided with the miner to work. I may just buy one myself and try to figure it out, how hard could it be? (famous last words).

The cards are still running at 40GH/s each, I am not sure how to get them to run at 64GH/s. Technobit advertises 40-64, so I guess it's possible but I don't want to damage them. If I don't hear from AMT, I'll ask Technobit. Unless one of you guys has a brilliant idea.

P.S. You should be able to reflash the firmware on the TP-Link from the technobit download page they have lots of firmware versions listed (including original firmware).

mmhh yes you are right. I was thinking of https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=307897.0 where they say 40 - 64 Gh/s and it really looks like the cards in the miner I got from AMT.
I am not ready to reflash the firmware yet until I have some confirmation from AMT or Technobit, I am a bit cautious.
clenell

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:43:05 AM

well maybe i m wrong but i m ready to put my money where my mouth is. Wanna bet 1 btc (escrow of course) that AMT wont deliver a 1, 2 th machine in january?

let me get this straight. a bet will somehow make you look less stupid right now or in some way bolster your argument? how old are you?

clenell

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:46:20 AM

Says the man with a warning in his avatar. Is your advice to be taken with extreme caution as well?  Shocked

After you've been around the community more than 2 weeks you'll find it's easily to ruffle some feathers (or hoofs).

You should really try typing in a funny accent with some of your shills; ie maybe a broken-English German guy and a mexican guy who mixes in some random Spanish words every now and again?  That would add some extra cred.

so... let me see if i understand you correctly.

People don't like you on this website and that's why your avatar states you are not to be trusted?

First true statement you've made.

/gratz bro

#rep

YourPalToots

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:52:45 AM

but since you asked. The search before that was '1200 gh/s bitcoin miner'

Probably the first thing that comes to mind when reading about bitcoin and mining. 1200 gh/s, not 1000, or 500, or 2000 or 600. Not "best" or "cheapest" or "fastest" or "efficient" or "available" or whatever, but 1200 gh/s because thats the magic number?

For the record, if Im googling that it gives me a Hashfast Sierra "in stock" result on top.

Waiting for someone to post he googled "1855-866-6463" and found this thread as a result.

Jesus F'in christ you moron. A newbie here doesn't mean newbie to the world. This forum is not the end all be all of all bitcoin knowledge in the F'n universe. There is other stuff out there and for you to assume that I just fell off the cabbage truck is just plain ludicrous. There is other information out there on what's called the internet. Vast amounts of other sites and articles and just because you think you are the only one with the secret handshake to the secret treehouse made of pillows and blankets doesn't make it true.

Get over yourself.
Zaghomat

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 01:02:42 AM

let me get this straight. a bet will somehow make you look less stupid right now or in some way bolster your argument? how old are you?

A bet show the weight I put in my conviction. your refusal to take the bet show the same.
Khanduras

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Movin' on up.

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 01:04:33 AM

My question is this. amt and a reliable company. after all the things posted here I do not know what to think. Undecided

i hope so. there has been one person on these boards who has mad the claim of receiving a miner. I myself am waiting for a miner from them.

I was supposed to have a miner shipped three weeks after my order. It was a small order I placed as a test to see how smooth the ordering process with AMT was. It has now been four weeks. No response to emails or phone calls since that point. Still waiting for word of shipment, or even word of actual delivery. Nothing yet. I'd like to remain hopeful, but it's getting harder by the day.

4 weeks is a VERY rosy expectation man. honestly, and i guess this is easy for me to say because it's not my miner, id start being concerned 2 weeks after expected delivery. i have heard AMT say they were running 1-2 weeks behind. i seriously doubt they can get a miner out in 4 weeks.

If you're expecting delays or can't release a miner within three weeks of the order date, DON'T advertise that you can do so. It's that simple.

makes one wonder why we even have words like "behind" or "late"... in your world that is. your assumption they expected delays is a bad one.

Never said they expected it. That doesn't mean they shouldn't inform people of said delays once they experience it. Through proper channels, mind you. It's not like it's asking much. It takes two minutes to send out a mass email to customers, and another two minutes to edit a line or two of a web page.

Bitcoin Address: 1N1sex4rktWdxBJcFTczYZF5Xa75C47j4c                 |
Mining Income Address: 15wgpV7fDN8fVYn1q9QaPb9XSLjGRhry5L    |
YourPalToots

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 01:11:33 AM

A bet show the weight I put in my conviction. your refusal to take the bet show the same.

Like challenging him to a duel at 30 paces or a triple dog dare. Very Manly and intimidating. Great strategy.
clenell

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 01:14:21 AM

My question is this. amt and a reliable company. after all the things posted here I do not know what to think. Undecided

i hope so. there has been one person on these boards who has mad the claim of receiving a miner. I myself am waiting for a miner from them.

I was supposed to have a miner shipped three weeks after my order. It was a small order I placed as a test to see how smooth the ordering process with AMT was. It has now been four weeks. No response to emails or phone calls since that point. Still waiting for word of shipment, or even word of actual delivery. Nothing yet. I'd like to remain hopeful, but it's getting harder by the day.

4 weeks is a VERY rosy expectation man. honestly, and i guess this is easy for me to say because it's not my miner, id start being concerned 2 weeks after expected delivery. i have heard AMT say they were running 1-2 weeks behind. i seriously doubt they can get a miner out in 4 weeks.

If you're EXPECTING delays or can't release a miner within three weeks of the order date, DON'T advertise that you can do so. It's that simple.

makes one wonder why we even have words like "behind" or "late"... in your world that is. your assumption they expected delays is a bad one.

Never said they expected it. That doesn't mean they shouldn't inform people of said delays once they experience it. Through proper channels, mind you. It's not like it's asking much. It takes two minutes to send out a mass email to customers, and another two minutes to edit a line or two of a web page.

i made your own words a little easier for you to understand there.

YourPalToots

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 01:16:36 AM

I'm beginning to think bitcoin mining causes retardation.
clenell

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 01:20:11 AM

Like challenging him to a duel at 30 paces or a triple dog dare. Very Manly and intimidating. Great strategy.

/facepalm

some people can't be helped.

alsey7

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 01:23:59 AM

I would think with the price of bitcoin at 543.00 I would have thought Butterfly AMT and others would be like... Ohhh shit price is dropping better start selling everything before. The market crashes to $100.00 USD and everyone wont buy our overpriced hardware.
Gator-hex

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 01:34:32 AM

It is from the first post on the Hex16B forum page. 40-64GH/s was the initial estimate. But 45 GH/s is more realistic @ 900mV.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=307897.0

YourPalToots

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 01:41:31 AM

I would think with the price of bitcoin at 543.00 I would have thought Butterfly AMT and others would be like... Ohhh shit price is dropping better start selling everything before. The market crashes to $100.00 USD and everyone wont buy our overpriced hardware.

or crap, I wish we accepted USD instead of requiring BTC.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: