Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:41:17 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
Cefalu

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 09:58:50 PM

AMT,
I really think your trust issues all arise from the whois typo-
just correct the 'Alabama' to 'Prensilvania' and trust will be restored.
thx
Khanduras

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Movin' on up.

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 10:09:06 PM

AMT,
I really think your trust issues all arise from the whois typo-
just correct the 'Alabama' to 'Prensilvania' and trust will be restored.
thx

No, that's not what their trust issues stem from. At this point it's a little bit of everything. Falsified and/or misleading info, improper etiquette in general, lack of contact or willingness to contact paying customers and a whole bunch of other things.

With all the money AMT racked up in sales, they could easily afford to hire more staff to do nothing but field questions and answer phone calls. It isn't that difficult. I used to run a small web hosting company for almost a decade and even I could afford to hire some dedicated support for my customers. This is just ridiculous.

Bitcoin Address: 1N1sex4rktWdxBJcFTczYZF5Xa75C47j4c                 |
Mining Income Address: 15wgpV7fDN8fVYn1q9QaPb9XSLjGRhry5L    |
Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 10:10:15 PM

What an astonishing concentration of cheer-leading newbie posters in this thread, many of whom claim to have ordered the 1.2TH product:

alsey7:  1 week old account, very first post is a thinly disguised AMT ad
Clenell:  3 week old, took 2 posts in newbie jail before mentioning wanting to buy AMT
Chazaki: 1 week old account, and already "extremely grateful for AMT" as "they are one of the few companies daring to take on this incredibly unstable market." (really?)
NaranKPatel: 2 week old account, second post mentions AMT
YourPalToots: 1 week old account, second post mentions AMT
pierred: 2 week old account, second post mentions AMT
smelly: 2 week old account, took 10 posts before finding this thread. This guy could be legit Smiley
russellthies: relatively old (6 month) account, but inactive (purchased?) until now. First post straight to AMT thread claiming to have bought 2 1.2 TH rigs
lucianoribeiro: 1 day old account, heads straight to this thread
majalen33: 1 week old account. Immediately heads to AMT thread to cheerlead
mrpark: 2 week old account. First newbie thats not a cheerleader (yet?). Might be genuine.
frank754: 1 week old account. Third post is in AMT thread
mdtspain: 2 weeks old account. Second post in AMT thread claims to have bought 1.2 TH miner.
Burebista: 1 week old account. Second post in AMT thread. not cheerleading, may be genuine
MinerTrain213: 2 weeks old account. Second post cheerleading in AMT thread.

I may have missed some more.

+1

Now I dont judge people by post count or age of the account, some of the above may be genuine accounts from real people who just happened to stumble upon AMT. But what are the chances of 16 newbies posters stumbling upon AMT thread almost immediately after joining this forum, ordering expensive rigs from a dubious company, and for the most part, not posting anything in any other thread?

Whats that smell?

And sure enough, so far, the only confirmation of AMT shipping anything at all comes from one of those 2 week old members. Confirmation consists of pictures of 3 off the shelve bitfury boards crammed in a PC case, something any one of us could do. Specs cant be right either and for added lulz the machine is reportedly not even working. I guess thats supposed to make it more credible.

Im not ruling out anything at this point, but forgive me for not yet rushing to send my bitcoins to AMT.

Avalanche is a must own
clenell

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 10:58:25 PM

The reason so many people think this is fraud is because of a few reasons which AMT has not cleared up:

1) no US shipping location. Old one didn't exist and they are "moving" to a new one in the next few weeks.
2) only 1 person so far coming forward with a confirmed shipment from them which was placed in oct and he was hashing below the 192 advertisement on the site.
3) You offer people a discount to basically offer positive feedback for something they never got from you.
4) To lazy to finish the list because I'm going home to enjoy my time off.

Give us a date of your relocation in PA, I'll be there. You have to have a date set in stone as per your lease agreement so provide us with that otherwise I'm filing this company under my "waste of time and effort to reply and just laugh at all the suckers" category

1) old one did exist they just moved (the nerve). just go to their website. the new address is there.  /facepalm
2) only 1 person who ordered and cared to follow up with this retarded thread. AMT/pierred established he was short a board and they are shipping it to him. /facepalm x2
3) not to provide feedback, just answer the idiotic questions posed that HAVE ALL READY BEEN ANSWERED multiple times (this is where #4 comes in).
4) stopped reading at "too lazy" - the only thing you got correct.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 01:06:32 AM

Even with an extra board pierre will only be hashing at 160GH/s.  He would need two more boards to be over 192GH/s (the advertised hashrate).

Plus the miner was not even working on arrival (what's the point of buying pre-assembled technos boards if you have to pull them out on arrive and run them as if you'd bought them direct from technobits).

Plus how would 4-5 boards fit in that case?

That is clearly "supposed" to have 3 boards, it's not missing one board.  Clearly clenell thought if he put 3 boards in he would give 192GH/s, now has realized it will only hash at 120GH/s.

At this point I don't think AMT is a straight up scam; they are just some kid trying to package/resell boards and doesn't know what the f*** he is doing.  The amount of bull and inaccuracies and their blatant shilling makes them borderline scammers.

My beefs:
- Inaccurate hashrates
- Inaccurate delivery promises
- Inaccurate power stats
- Bullshit history (ie already shipped x miners)
- Shills
- Misrepresentation of their function (ie "tape out" ie as if they are designing their own chips)
alsey7

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 01:09:46 AM

again I'm just a newbie trying to figure out if they are a scam. In the long run I will be buying from ebay and getting a Butterfly miner.
sh1k1g4m1

Activity: 34

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 01:23:42 AM

The reason so many people think this is fraud is because of a few reasons which AMT has not cleared up:

1) no US shipping location. Old one didn't exist and they are "moving" to a new one in the next few weeks.
2) only 1 person so far coming forward with a confirmed shipment from them which was placed in oct and he was hashing below the 192 advertisement on the site.
3) You offer people a discount to basically offer positive feedback for something they never got from you.

Give us a date of your relocation in PA, I'll be there. You have to have a date set in stone as per your lease agreement so provide us with that otherwise I'm filing this company under my "waste of time and effort to reply and just laugh at all the suckers" category

1) old one did exist they just moved (the nerve). just go to their website. the new address is there.  /facepalm
2) only 1 person who ordered and cared to follow up with this retarded thread. AMT/pierred established he was short a board and they are shipping it to him. /facepalm x2
3) not to provide feedback, just answer the idiotic questions posed that HAVE ALL READY BEEN ANSWERED multiple times (this is where #4 comes in).

1) I know both their old and new address, will be going there next week. Why the facepalm bro?
2) So the #1 most discussed thread about AMT is retarded? We are in agreement on that one. Also care to comment why it's not hashing at the advertised 192Gh/sec? Why the facepalm bro?
3) There are alot more unanswered questions than there are answers. Infact people are coming to this thread bitching, complaining demanding they reply to their calls and emails. Why the company comes here to answer trolls and troll themselves instead of answering customer inquiries is imo the stupidest customer support system you can possibly use.
4) To bad you weren't lazy enough to glance over my post, how's that 5% discount working out for you btw?
sh1k1g4m1

Activity: 34

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 01:28:15 AM

My beefs:
- Inaccurate hashrates
- Inaccurate power stats
- Shills
- Misrepresentation of their function (ie "tape out" ie as if they are designing their own chips)

Hey clenell, please spin this horrible and confirmed customer review in favor of AMT and impress us with your AMT a$$kissing skills. And...... GO!
clenell

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 01:36:55 AM

1) I know both their old and new address, will be going there next week. Why the facepalm bro?
2) So the #1 most discussed thread about AMT is retarded? We are in agreement on that one. Also care to comment why it's not hashing at the advertised 192Gh/sec? Why the facepalm bro?
3) There are alot more unanswered questions than there are answers. Infact people are coming to this thread bitching, complaining demanding they reply to their calls and emails. Why the company comes here to answer trolls and troll themselves instead of answering customer inquiries is imo the stupidest customer support system you can possibly use.
4) To bad you weren't lazy enough to glance over my post, how's that 5% discount working out for you btw?

whats retarded is you asking questions that have all ready been answered. what unanswered question do you have? let's hear it because 1-4 was pretty fucking dumb. READ THE DAMN THREAD AND STOP BEING LAZY.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
clenell

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 01:48:46 AM

My beefs:
- Inaccurate hashrates
- Inaccurate power stats
- Shills

Hey clenell, please spin this horrible and confirmed customer review in favor of AMT and impress us with your AMT a$$kissing skills. And...... GO!

1. hashrate on the board as stated by marto74 (technobit) is 40-65gh. pierred's machine as stated was short 1 board and is presumably being shipped by AMT - all according to pierred. is marto lying? is pierred lying?
2. KNC, BFL and many many others have been late as well. this is not a novelty genius.
3. miners can run at different speeds (OC) and specified power levels according to technobit. - eg. .35w/GH, as stated on the technobit site, yields on a 1.2TH 420W. AMT site states 400-600w. correct?
4. bullshit history? no idea what you are talking about but i'm sure you will make something up.
5. shills? this train wreck needs a 24hr babysitter to answer to the lazy folks (you) just chiming in without reading previous responses
6. i have yet to see a  post or a claim by AMT they are designing their own chips. show me and we will proceed from there.

clenell

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 01:58:23 AM

the cynicism in here is amazing. the outright angst is human nature. the laziness is typical. what i don't get is the "hero" mentality displayed in here. these people have zero invested in this but just can't seem to sit back and let those of us who do play this to the end. attention whoring? there is no care and/or concern... it's a desire to watch people fail. misery loves company.

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 02:08:40 AM

1. hashrate on the board as stated by marto74 (technobit) is 40-65gh. pierred's machine as stated was short 1 board and is presumably being shipped by AMT - all according to pierred. is marto lying? is pierred lying?

Marto74 has nothing to do with this. AMT is selling a 192 GH/s miner that will never hash at 192 GH/s. That is pure FRAUD.

Buy & Hold
dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 02:11:21 AM

2. KNC, BFL and many many others have been late as well. this is not a novelty genius.
3. miners can run at different speeds (OC) and specified power levels according to technobit. - eg. .35w/GH, as stated on the technobit site, yields on a 1.2TH 420W. AMT site states 400-600w. correct?
4. bullshit history? no idea what you are talking about but i'm sure you will make something up.
5. shills? this train wreck needs a 24hr babysitter to answer to the lazy folks (you) just chiming in without reading previous responses
6. i have yet to see a  post or a claim by AMT they are designing their own chips. show me and we will proceed from there.

It doesn't matter one bit what marto74 said 2 months ago about a board.

What matters is you are selling customers a 192Gh/s miner that will only hash at 120Gh/s

And as for the extra board (that will bring it up to 160GH/s or 180Gh/s assume that Hexgator is correct and can overclock to 45GHs)....where was that supposed to fit in the case?

Not to mention that the miner didn't even work out of the box and had to be dismantled.
clenell

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 02:18:31 AM

It doesn't matter one bit what marto74 said 2 months ago about a board.

What matters is you are selling customers a 192Gh/s miner that will only hash at 120Gh/s

And as for the extra board (that will bring it up to 160GH/s or 180Gh/s assume that Hexgator is correct and can overclock to 45GHs)....where was that supposed to fit in the case?

Not to mention that the miner didn't even work out of the box and had to be dismantled.

sure, cherry pick your facts to suit whatever argument you are trying to make - shut up man. the TP link was set up for linux and pierred didnt know! did you bother reading that part? let me answer that... NO because your too damn lazy. as far as where the board is going to fit... i have no idea but it sounds like AMT is trying to correct the matter. it was a mistake and they have admitted to it.

did you buy a miner? why are you here?

here was his post...

In case anybody is left interested in actual bitcoin mining, the latest news about the miner I got is: Jim (or Josh?) called me yesterday and explained the TP-Link. It turns out it's been flashed as a linux server. Nifty! No wonder I thought it was not working, AMT set it up as a completely different device than what it was originally.

I did not have time to stay on the phone and getting it setup, it's connecting to the internet but I could not get the embedded cgminer to connect to a mining pool. I need to spend some time over the week-end. In the mean time I am mining connected to my laptop with USB, which is ok for now.
Jim (or Josh?) was helpful and apologized: apparently I should have had 4 boards and not 3, he's shipping a 4th one asap. Frankly I think these guys are going as fast as they can and are working their ass off, but it's still early days. I'd rather have a miner with a few things to figure out than no miner with a great documentation. I manage an IT organization, I should be able to figure it out (here's hoping...). It also seems that when connected to fast computer, we can get 45GH/s per board, my laptop is sucky.

I started to read the forum but I don't have time for all that. Some members sure have a way to make the newbies feel welcome...
I really can't believe I have to say this, but to be fair to AMT, I am not getting 5% to post here, I ordered my miner back in October. I am just sharing my experience in the hope that it's helpful. Do what you want with it. Given the tone here, this may be my last post.

notice how he stopped short of calling you guys assholes and stated he probably wont be posting anymore here. congratulations you bring a lot to the table.

alsey7

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 04:06:01 AM

did u ever get a tracking number we would like to see where the miner came from?
AMT_miners (OP)

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 04:31:24 AM

Thank you all for your support, we're hard at work, dont worry.
AMT_miners (OP)

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 05:09:12 AM
Last edit: December 21, 2013, 08:47:51 PM by AMT_miners

We've done some serious thinking, and have chosen a member of this thread to send a free miner to in order to evaluate our product and write a review. That member is one who has stayed positive yet pessimistic throughout this thread's history. He has no relation to AMT and simply seems like a legitimate guy.

BIOMECH  (if he agrees) will receive a free 80ghs next week, shipped out on monday with tracking info for everyone to see.

So we'll wait to see if BIOMECH agrees and if he does we'll ship his free 80Ghs on Monday.

All in all, we're pretty sick of this thread and people on it, thats why we dont reply. Although we do love the fact that it keeps us at the top of this category, which brings customers to our doorstep or via phone which convert into almost immediate sales after we explain what kind of people are really posting here and why they do so.

who ever is behind this attempted sabotage you might as well stop, we'll be one of the first on the US market with a TH miner and we ARE one of the few companies in the moment actually shipping and delivering miners. So really it's inevitable.  Dave from megabitfury is also selling miners, he has a better rep than us and you guys can order from him if you'd like. Hes a good guy I've worked with myself and can say only good things about megabitfury.

Our door is open, we've had some clients pick up their 80's and 128's this week, we've had a few other guys just stop by to visit to see if we're real and then they placed orders.. We're there from Monday to Friday after 10am everyday..  The address is on the site.. like all in all, just get over it because we ultimately don't care what gets posted on this thread because the people that buy from us are generally pleased with their product and even when we urge someone to post here you guys tear it up anyway.

Thanks for your support and abuse, positive and negative.
lucianoribeiro

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 05:39:19 AM

when is possible i come in office for see. and order one miner.. when supost delivery my home? i want 1.2
alsey7

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 06:04:20 AM

clients lol sure sorry you have no clients. you see with Butterfly at least we can all say they are legit company with real product. I placed an order with you two weeks ago and i have not yet heard back from anyone.
You guys are not even shipping trust me if you did 99.9% that your miners would be on ebay or on youtube. People on the internet always want to post and share. until we see a pictures videos or an actual model then no point in buying your miners. also why would you ship to a client a miner that isn't  complete..... a fail on your part, and cant even manage quality control.
elaramus

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 06:20:38 AM

Remember me? (Post #60)

I filed 34 days after my order, when not in receipt of tracking information.

Note the e-mail address attached to the paypal account I sent payment to way back..... On the day I intended to open a non-delivery claim, which went straight to a dispute btw, I discovered this:

The above info is what tipped me over the edge to go ahead and file. Very glad I did. Some might say I should have put this out there a long time ago, but believe it or not, I thought these guys might actually ship something someday, so I kept to myself... sadly after watching 30 forum pages of WTF??? This is not the case.

But I think it might explain Clenell
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: