Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:29:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 12:09:58 PM

My only problem with AMT is their lack of communication with paying customers.

I admire your faith. So far AMT haven proven to be misleading or lying about most things; shipping dates, performance claims (which allegedly they will fix by adding more boards, but no word how they will compensate the "many" customers already served), power consumption figures seem extremely improbable, the no VAT in the EU lie, they are paying off shills, and now they pretend that they will receive 28nm chips this week when even their supplier said a while ago it wont happen until next year.

Every new asic vendor is met with a lot of skepticism here, sometimes even too much, but AMT is doing a good job showing just why that is. Trust has to be earned, and so far AMT has earned none in my book.

But still the trolls are the ones responsible for their failures as the title of this topic says.

Khanduras

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Movin' on up.

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 12:22:02 PM

My only problem with AMT is their lack of communication with paying customers.

I admire your faith. So far AMT haven proven to be misleading or lying about most things; shipping dates, performance claims (which allegedly they will fix by adding more boards, but no word how they will compensate the "many" customers already served), power consumption figures seem extremely improbable, the no VAT in the EU lie, they are paying off shills, and now they pretend that they will receive 28nm chips this week when even their supplier said a while ago it wont happen until next year.

Every new asic vendor is met with a lot of skepticism here, sometimes even too much, but AMT is doing a good job showing just why that is. Trust has to be earned, and so far AMT has earned none in my book.

But still the trolls are the ones responsible for their failures as the title of this topic says.

There wouldn't be trolls if there weren't failures to begin with. The only reason things started to get bad in this thread is because AMT wasn't 100% transparent about things from the beginning. Why they decided to spend the time to fight back personally, or even offer 5% and priority shipping to those who help fight back for them, is ridiculous and beyond me, but... what they choose to do with their time is their own choice. Just don't expect the customers or potential customers to be happy about it.

Either way, I still looking forward to having my order fulfilled. I'd be awfully pissed if AMT chooses not to deliver. I'll remain hopeful, but if they want any return business from me, they're going to have to make a bigger effort on communicating with customers, and spend less time fighting petty arguments on forums.

Bitcoin Address: 1N1sex4rktWdxBJcFTczYZF5Xa75C47j4c                 |
Mining Income Address: 15wgpV7fDN8fVYn1q9QaPb9XSLjGRhry5L    |
dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 12:22:40 PM

If I was battling "trolls" with my 25 shill accounts all day; I'm not sure I'd have time to assemble any miners either.
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 12:29:48 PM

Thats not what the changed topic says. What it does say is that AMT seems to find it more important what is being said about them than how they conduct their business.

AMT, if you dont like whats being said, all you have to do is change your conduct. If you look for instance in the Bitmain thread, it also starts with some healthy skepticism, but it took only a few pages and weeks for that skepticism to vanish completely and be replaced by mostly happy customers posting their experience. Delivering the goods you promised in a timely fashion while providing at least adequate customer service is all it takes really. Works miles better than paying shills.
clenell

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 12:54:26 PM

On Dec. 13 i was told by Jim my 1.2TH, order #610, will ship the first week of January.

Flame on trolls.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 01:24:33 PM

On Dec. 13 i was told by Jim my 1.2TH, order #610, will ship the first week of January.

Flame on trolls.

On December 10th the manufacture of the chips stated they had a 3 week delay in receiving the chips.  That puts delivery of the chips in Switzerland on Dec 31st at the earliest.  I have a very hard time believing chips arriving on the 31st at the earliest will end up as a miner from AMT on a delivery truck to you within 7 days of the chips arriving...
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 01:27:56 PM

Flame on trolls.

Ok. Quoted for shill-ness. See you in 2 weeks.

clenell

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 01:31:40 PM

Flame on trolls.

On December 10th the manufacture of the chips stated they had a 3 week delay in receiving the chips.  That puts delivery of the chips in Switzerland on Dec 31st at the earliest.  I have a very hard time believing chips arriving on the 31st at the earliest will end up as a miner from AMT on a delivery truck to you within 7 days of the chips arriving...

well, was the delay announced after Dec. 13? i would agree with you that deadline would be hard to meet given that information.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 01:47:36 PM

Flame on trolls.

On December 10th the manufacture of the chips stated they had a 3 week delay in receiving the chips.  That puts delivery of the chips in Switzerland on Dec 31st at the earliest.  I have a very hard time believing chips arriving on the 31st at the earliest will end up as a miner from AMT on a delivery truck to you within 7 days of the chips arriving...

well, was the delay announced after Dec. 13? i would agree with you that deadline would be hard to meet given that information.

Dec 10th is before Dec 13th.  That is actually why I included the date.
http://bitmine.ch/?p=4192
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 03:15:27 PM

AntMiners. Price is just slightly over AMT's price for the 1.2 TH miner. Paying for multiple pieces of hardware at the same price of a single piece of hardware isn't a bad investment when you can get your stuff within a week. In my case, it's very tempting considering my order through AMT is two weeks behind the time they told me it would ship.

Seems like a lot of DIY work, and power-hungry. Can't find any place that sells them, or any specs other than the forums, which shows 100Ghs-300Ghs (overclocked to near-death, and the 300Ghs seems to be two units, not one. So, 200GHs OCed to 300GHs? With 500-800+ Watts of power consumption.). Though, they are still erupter-blades, just on custom boards. Needs power-supply, lots of configuration to get it just to function, and I see mention of failures with no mention of "reimbursement".

However, that does seem like a viable alternative to the wait. I prefer to wait. As tempting as those look at the moment, to me. Tongue (They do look tempting.)
You actually believe AMT's spec of 300W-600W for the 1.2TH/s unit, when Bitmine.ch (the ones actually making the boards and chips) claim their units will consume more than 0.5J/GH in power save mode?
http://bitmine.ch/?page_id=893

Even if they hit their estimate of 0.35J/GH at the chip level in power save mode, it would be impossible to get 300W. It's just deceptive advertising, and it's up to you whether you want to believe they are doing it maliciously or they're just too ignorant to realize it's wrong.
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 03:32:26 PM

You actually believe AMT's spec of 300W-600W for the 1.2TH/s unit, when Bitmine.ch (the ones actually making the boards and chips) claim their units will consume more than 0.5J/GH in power save mode?
http://bitmine.ch/?page_id=893

Even if they hit their estimate of 0.35J/GH at the chip level in power save mode, it would be impossible to get 300W. It's just deceptive advertising, and it's up to you whether you want to believe they are doing it maliciously or they're just too ignorant to realize it's wrong.

A few months ago, I asked Bitmine what speed their chip would run at in lowest power mode (0.35W/GH at the chip level) since they only advertise hashrate of their chip in nominal mode (0.6 W/GH) and turbo mode (1W/GH) :
http://bitmine.ch/?page_id=863

The answer was that while the chip should work at 0.65V (low power mode) he wasnt sure yet what speed it could achieve at the lowest voltage, and would wait until after receiving silicon and characterizing the chip before specifying. Which is an honest answer btw. Predicting extreme ends of voltage/clock relationship is a bit stabbing in the dark.

For AMT to base themselves on that number, one would have to conclude they do not know yet how many Coincraft A1s will be in their miner, because they wouldn't know how many it takes to achieve 1.2TH. One would also have to conclude the machine should be able to hash at considerably more than 1.2 TH in nominal mode (likely 30+%)  and  >2 TH in turbo mode, but for some reason they wouldnt exploit that.
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 04:29:04 PM

http://bitmine.ch/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/CoinCraft-A1.pdf

1.2THs = 1200GHs

The spec-sheet says...
(20GHs @ 0.35W/GH = 7W) = 1 Chip
1200GHs/20GHs = 60 Chips
60 * 7W = 420W

Respectively... On the top-end...
(40Ghs @ 1.0W/GH = 40W) = 1 Chip
1200GHs/40GHs = 30 Chips
30 * 40W = 1200W

So... By the specs, they are not wrong by saying the chips can run as low as 420W, and SPEEDS up to 1.2THs. (Seeing as the number of chips is not stated, and power/speed/cooling may be the final determining factor of the shipped unit.)

Now, "at the wall", 420W may be close to 600W. (But that is not specified, as there is no regulations for listing rated power, in any country. Unless you explicitly register for a power-rating by an external regulatory board.)

But I digress... Provided they use the "more chips" option, or the "nominal chip option"... There is plenty of room to "adjust to taste", for growth in the future.

Also note, 1.2THs, I am sure, is the "peak speed", not the "nominal average speed". But, by now, you should know that. Nothing runs in peak speed 100% of the time. There are too many factors that interfere with that limit. (Collision, heat, errors, new-block-resetting, time-to-setup-jobs, time-to-reply-results, stale-submits, usb traffic, cpu-busy, idle-wake-state-delays, thread response times.)

Plus, "new-specs" are always "estimated", based on "design-specs", provided by the MFG. Real-world adjustments usually follow. I am sure they have a kill-a-watt handy to measure wattage, "At the wall". Which is what normal people consider to be "consumed watts", since that is what we pay for. But, until they do that... expect the numbers to be slightly off, respectfully.

I hope it comes with the "more chips" option... then I just have to add a huge PSU to get double speed, up to 2.4THs in the future. Ok, that and some kick-ass cooling! Submerged in water, like that chinese miner does... or move to the artic, and use natural cooling, like the other miner guy did.
s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1039

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:19:30 PM

To all those who said AMT was a scam.... Don't you feel stupid now!

Stop Trolling and go away.

Leave those who ordered and believed in a US company alone. We picked the home team and we won our bet!

And you know that from newbie section u jumped straight to ATM section and u posted like 6 messages to deffend ATM!!!
Obviously you not related to ATM
clenell

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:52:55 PM

Leave those who ordered and believed in a US company alone. We picked the home team and we won our bet!

And you know that from newbie section u jumped straight to ATM section and u posted like 6 messages to deffend ATM!!!

jeezus. with that dumb ass rationale nobody would be able to purchase a miner and then come here to check on things - which is EXACTLY what i did. your tinfoil hat theories make me laugh.

ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:29:58 PM

You want a full report on the 1.2THs miner. Once I get it, I will do a full unboxing, tear-down, power-evaluation, and show yield reports at various "modified" levels.

This would include any "future potential", of the miner, as I am sure power/speed will simply be limited by the included power-supply and case-design's thermal-dissipation potential.

Some of this information, I am sure, can be used for the other miners as-well. Since they will be using similar/same hardware inside.

I still wish that other guy would follow-up with more posts of the smaller machine, if that is the same board that will be used in the THs models. (Which I would also like answered, if it can be answered, by AMT. Along with updating the website for the specific chip that is being used, and the quantity of chips for the miners. Knowing it is 28nm is as descriptive as saying "Car has wheels and engine." Tongue)
alsey7

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:41:07 PM

so after all this amt is just a middle man. they just buy the parts and resell them.  wouldnt it be better just to buy from vendor. would be cheaper right? give me an idea

Guys i'm going to start my own Bitminer machines. Going to have 80Gh/s give or take

parts
2 Chili Bitcoin Miner card
a micro atx case
800 chinese brand Powersuppy
a 4 port usb connection

$1,800.00 details coming soon
payment options......
USD check, Money order, credit card, cash,  Blue Meth , Gold , Car title , Your Wife for a month.

I do not take Bitcoin or pesos
s1lverbox
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:51:23 PM

jeezus. with that dumb ass rationale nobody would be able to purchase a miner and then come here to check on things - which is EXACTLY what i did. your tinfoil hat theories make me laugh.

Your history on this forum is not better.
So many j.members and newbies jumped on this forum and purchased 1.2th machine?...Thats what makes me laugh.
I got to the 3rd page of your full history and what i can see: ATM, or the bulgarian part of this legit business.

Thank you very much for making assumptions about my theories.
What i noticed:
members who actually done something in past and have history on this board pointed issues with this thread, and how legit all this is.
Newbies and j.members trying to show how legit this business is.

But yeah...tinfoil hat theories....
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:55:35 PM

$1,800.00 details coming soon
payment options......
USD check, Money order, credit card, cash,  Blue Meth , Gold , Car title , Your Wife for a month.

I do not take Bitcoin or pesos

Make it two months, and you got a deal.

Buy & Hold
clenell

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 07:03:41 PM

So many j.members and newbies jumped on this forum and purchased 1.2th machine?...Thats what makes me laugh.
I got to the 3rd page of your full history and what i can see: ATM, or the bulgarian part of this legit business.

What i noticed:
members who actually done something in past and have history on this board pointed issues with this thread, and how legit all this is.

ok, im not knocking you for terrible english or bad grammar. nevertheless, i must say comprehension issues are real. i will restate my point... not every new person who purchased a miner is on the AMT payroll. i will make I statements... i am not associated with AMT but i did send them a lot of money and have a vested interest in this company doing well.

s1lverbox
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 07:29:11 PM

What i noticed:

ok, im not knocking you for terrible english or bad grammar. nevertheless, i must say comprehension issues are real. i will restate my point... not every new person who purchased a miner is on the AMT payroll. i will make I statements... i am not associated with AMT but i did send them a lot of money and have a vested interest in this company doing well.

And can you prove any of this business which you done with them?
Any miner in hand? Maybe i lost this somewhere but none of members who earned respect on this board can vouch for them.
My terrible english or bad grammar can be explained by being foreigner.
Still learning this language exactly by writing what i think and what i feel is appropriate.
Main point is that not even one legit person can say good thing about this from the beginning of this thread.
OP acted like kid, tried to get positive feedback by dropping 5% of original price. Than members who means nothing to forum start acting like army of ATM and who ever want to speak about subject is straight attacked.
Probably that is clear sign of legitimacy.
But again who am i to make assumptions. Your statement means nothing to me as you cannot prove anything positive in this board.
You didnt made any business with anyone legit here and therefore i suggest wait for your miner and show some evidence to all future customers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: