Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:18:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 261 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HAVELOCK] PETAMINE - 1,150 TH/S HASH RATE (1GH/S per Unit)  (Read 565621 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
qwertyqwerty

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 01:00:05 AM
Last edit: March 03, 2014, 01:15:13 AM by qwertyqwerty

Is everyone blind to the fact that we are currently paying well over 0.1btc/gh right now? or am i missing something?

doubt anyone is blind, if they are they shouldn't really be investing. This moment in time it's not good value assuming the hashrate it never increases but the whole point of this asset is you aren't paying a fixed rate per gh for eternity and to calculate as such is disingenous & would skewer the outlook greatly.

All you need to do is understand (or believe) the goal is to attain and maintain a set percentage of the global hashrate. let's say 1% of the global hashrate, which is a somewhat pessimistic view & entirely achievable will net 13140 BTC per year, assuming 65% still goes towards dividends (which it wouldn't always necessarily have to) you're left with yearly dividend payment of 0.08541 between the 100,000 shares. or ~100% return by the end of the year based on current shareprice. Again this 1% is an entirely pessimistic view, and with right contracts in place and smart moves with re-investment funds, it can just as easily be 2% (or more) which is the actual figure cryptx is going for, netting a 200%+ return in a year. this is entirely feasible, not especially optimistic.  No mining security is paying anywhere close to this amount today, this is really what you are basing your investment on

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Aireun

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier.

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 01:19:09 AM

Hashrate informaton: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=387533.0

Interesting....

In Bitcoin We Trust! Your link: https://hashie.co/t?p=30630&v=85f
rdyoung
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 02:12:35 AM

Is everyone blind to the fact that we are currently paying well over 0.1btc/gh right now? or am i missing something?

doubt anyone is blind, if they are they shouldn't really be investing. This moment in time it's not good value assuming the hashrate it never increases but the whole point of this asset is you aren't paying a fixed rate per gh for eternity and to calculate as such is disingenous & would skewer the outlook greatly.

All you need to do is understand (or believe) the goal is to attain and maintain a set percentage of the global hashrate. let's say 1% of the global hashrate, which is a somewhat pessimistic view & entirely achievable will net 13140 BTC per year, assuming 65% still goes towards dividends (which it wouldn't always necessarily have to) you're left with yearly dividend payment of 0.08541 between the 100,000 shares. or ~100% return by the end of the year based on current shareprice. Again this 1% is an entirely pessimistic view, and with right contracts in place and smart moves with re-investment funds, it can just as easily be 2% (or more) which is the actual figure cryptx is going for, netting a 200%+ return in a year. this is entirely feasible, not especially optimistic.  No mining security is paying anywhere close to this amount today, this is really what you are basing your investment on

+1

If you consider petamine a project that is likely to be around for many years to come, you need not focus on how fast you will ROI.
Instead focus on how they can keep up with difficulty and maximize profits for everyone involved. I personally believe that 50% reinvest would have been a more prudent choice, but I wasn't around for that vote.
qwertyqwerty

Activity: 202

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 02:49:47 AM

+1

If you consider petamine a project that is likely to be around for many years to come, you need not focus on how fast you will ROI.
Instead focus on how they can keep up with difficulty and maximize profits for everyone involved. I personally believe that 50% reinvest would have been a more prudent choice, but I wasn't around for that vote.

exactly, the future of mining will be increasingly centralised- only those either manafacturing their own hardware or with the capital to negotiatie and contract large amounts of hardware direct from supplier, and the facilities to manage the hardware will be able to keep a foot in the door. the rest hobbyist miners will be lucky to break even and make a little bit of profit, vast majority will get stung on pre-order nonsense and end up better off having just brought btc outright. Projects such are this are only for those with long-term vision that also beleive btc will continue to be stable or rise gradually.  btw-the reinvesment terms are not set in stone, they can be changed at any time, everyone involved in the project (crypxt themselves notably) would have it in their own best interests to set the percentage on a figure which would give them a decent return and at the same time keep them ahead of the difficulty curve and all shareholders can vote on this topic.
mikemikemike
Copper Member

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 08:49:52 AM

crtyptX can you give us an update on delivery? its slightly concerning barely any new machines have come online in the last week

Thanks,
mikemikemike
Copper Member

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 08:54:48 AM

nice tagteam work 'Darkstone2' 'Usman056'  Roll Eyes
Take your accusations elsewhere.

The graph of the dividend still goes to 0, it just takes longer.
IF the current difficulty trend continues (opinions vary, but i'm betting on it), between 5 and 7 month before the dividends of petamine dry out.

Trying not to reply to this but I can't help myself.
5 months out from now the estimated difficulty at 20% every 11 days will be 48.99Billion
That puts the network hashrate at approximately 360Petahashes to get another 20% on top of that we need to have 72Petahashes be brought online in the next 11 days.
Again, I bring up the question, how many foundries are stamping out asics for btc mining? How many companies are mass producing hardware?

There are about a dozen mining companies. Cointerra has stated that they produced and shipped about 1000 Terraminer IV's last month. That accounts for about 15% of todays growth, and they are still 'ramping up production'. None of the other companies have said anything usefully about production capacity.

As i said, opinions vary. There is a very strong growth trend which may break tomorrow. Or next year.

I would never say that it is impossible that production has ramped that much by sept but its highly unlikely unless amd, nvidia or intel decide to start producing asics.
Intel? Yes. AMD and NVIDIA, no. The issue is not the amount of cash you can throw at it, but the production capacity. AMD and NVIDIA do not bake their own chips. And i would argue that AMD doesn't have the manpower to design mining ASIC's anyway.

Intel is a different story because they are one of the few companies left that have their own fab's to produce chips. Recently intel has given some non-competitors access to those factories (such as Altera FPGA's). But i don't think intel will allow miners to access their fabs.

That leaves samsung's fabs. I have no idea what samsung is doing.

BDD offers 5GH/s @ BTC0.04260000 right now with absolutely zero hosting or reinvestment costs. This is far from 'the most cheap solution out there' (unless that was scarasm Wink )

BDD (Bitcoin Difficulty Derivative) is a derivative (no dividend) and the lowest ask is ฿0.13311598 (where did you got the ฿0.0426 price?)

Maybe you are speaking of something else ?

sorry my mistake.. you were speaking of BDD.MINE

but, with no reinvest you got a graph going to 0

With PETA, the reinvest is supposed to offest the 'erosion' of the dividend.

The graph of the dividend still goes to 0, it just takes longer. i've stated it before, having 700 TH/s in three months from now basically the same thing as having the promised 230 TH/s now. Yeah when we eventually get that hardware in we will all get a boost of div, but everyone else will be getting hardware too... FML

Your conveniently leaving out the reinvestment.
There isn't anything to invest when your profits are in the negatives after factoring in electricity costs...
Nice tag team indeed. Are you looking to purchase some more cheap shares?
I'm not buying shares in mining companies. I see them as insurance, the difficulty drops, shareholders win! The difficulty rises or hardware is delayed, shareholders lose. Meanwhile the hosting company always wins. That doesn't seem fair to me. The only 'fair' mining fund is BDD.

Full disclosure, i only own neo&bee shares.

BDD is a derivative not a mining fund, for the love of god stop talking about something which you know nothing about

infact, fuck it, put all your money in BDD.MINE and see what happens. anyone who thinks BDD.Mine will return more than CryptX shouldn't be legally allowed to invest their own money
dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 09:06:46 AM

The liquidity of PETA on Havelock makes any but the smallest investor completely ambivalent to the share price.  Arguing over misconceptions or comparisons to other securities is pointless.

Once you buy in, your in.  Your going to stay in and receive dividends... selling your shares is impractical in the current market. 

Spectator opinion won't affect your dividends, the share price won't affect your dividends etc.  It's possible that once the mine is fully operational and we have a dividend yield of 60%+ the bids will be sufficient to sell your shares.  Right now, there is no point in even acknowledging the ignorant FUD that is being tossed around.
mikemikemike
Copper Member

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 10:30:17 AM

The liquidity of PETA on Havelock makes any but the smallest investor completely ambivalent to the share price.  Arguing over misconceptions or comparisons to other securities is pointless.

Once you buy in, your in.  Your going to stay in and receive dividends... selling your shares is impractical in the current market.  

Spectator opinion won't affect your dividends, the share price won't affect your dividends etc.  It's possible that once the mine is fully operational and we have a dividend yield of 60%+ the bids will be sufficient to sell your shares.  Right now, there is no point in even acknowledging the ignorant FUD that is being tossed around.

i'm not selling till the shares hit 0.2, and if anyone thinks 0.2 is too high look at it like this

lets say at worst we don't fully deploy for another two months, lets also say the difficulty triples in the next two months(both of these are conservative estimates). Now we've only deployed about 1/12th of full power. Multiply the current yield of 25% by 12 gives us a yield of 300%, divide that by the difficulty increase of three and we have a yield on full deployment of 100% in two months. Now securities usually settle for a 30% yield, this means the share prices have to triple before a yield of 30% is hit

Im extremely optimistic, its just frustrating watching the price fall when i am unable to fund the  purchase of more shares
Stego

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 10:49:57 AM

The liquidity of PETA on Havelock makes any but the smallest investor completely ambivalent to the share price.  Arguing over misconceptions or comparisons to other securities is pointless.

Once you buy in, your in.  Your going to stay in and receive dividends... selling your shares is impractical in the current market. 

Spectator opinion won't affect your dividends, the share price won't affect your dividends etc.  It's possible that once the mine is fully operational and we have a dividend yield of 60%+ the bids will be sufficient to sell your shares.  Right now, there is no point in even acknowledging the ignorant FUD that is being tossed around.

i'm not selling till the shares hit 0.2, and if anyone thinks 0.2 is too high look at it like this

lets say at worst we don't fully deploy for another two months, lets also say the difficulty triples in the next two months(both of these are conservative estimates). Now we've only deployed about 1/12th of full power. Multiply the current yield of 25% by 12 gives us a yield of 300%, divide that by the difficulty increase of three and we have a yield on full deployment of 100% in two months. Now securities usually settle for a 30% yield, this means the share prices have to triple before a yield of 30% is hit

Im extremely optimistic, its just frustrating watching the price fall when i am unable to fund the  purchase of more shares

The current yield of 25% is the annual yield. You can't multiply it by 12.
But beside this, I'm optimistic as well.
mikemikemike
Copper Member

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 11:00:24 AM
Last edit: March 03, 2014, 11:17:05 AM by mikemikemike

The liquidity of PETA on Havelock makes any but the smallest investor completely ambivalent to the share price.  Arguing over misconceptions or comparisons to other securities is pointless.

Once you buy in, your in.  Your going to stay in and receive dividends... selling your shares is impractical in the current market.  

Spectator opinion won't affect your dividends, the share price won't affect your dividends etc.  It's possible that once the mine is fully operational and we have a dividend yield of 60%+ the bids will be sufficient to sell your shares.  Right now, there is no point in even acknowledging the ignorant FUD that is being tossed around.

Im extremely optimistic, its just frustrating watching the price fall when i am unable to fund the  purchase of more shares

i can multiply it by 12. we are only hashing at 1/12th of full deployment, the multiply by 12 is to account for that, not for the months of the year *sigh*
millenium

Activity: 34

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 11:00:32 AM

I'm new and I'm looking for invest some BTC on Havelock. I'm tring to compare AM1 vs Peta.
AM1 with a price between 0.4 and 0.5 BTC and dividend between 4% and 6% and Peta with a price between 0.08 and 0,12 BTC with a first dividend around 20%, the second is a start up with all the risk related to that this phase, but at first sight it's a better investment than AM1.
I missed the IPO and now I believe that, following the first deployment of mines, if the price go down 0.08 I will buy 30 shares.

Does anybody compared the deploiment programme of AM1 and Peta considering the difficulties increase. I know that AM1 is not only a mine and have other income from selling hardware but the divident is at the bottom from 2 more than 3 months.
Stego

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 12:27:22 PM

i can multiply it by 12. we are only hashing at 1/12th of full deployment, the multiply by 12 is to account for that, not for the months of the year *sigh*

My bad  Wink
JstnPwll

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 03:31:09 PM

With all the back and forth speculation that has transpired thus far, I think anyone trying to decide whether to invest has plenty to ruminate on before making their decision. Adding more will not contribute to the value of this thread.

I'm hoping from here on out that we can "let the chips fall where they may"; for those of us who invested, we'll look forward to developments and hope for returns. For those who haven't, move along and find something you're interested in.

I'm getting tired of all the long-winded speculative posts.

Developer, entrepreneur, idea-seeker.
BTC: 14MP75VG3Nf53pSEjowmA9gVPVvEvNpabz
michaelGedi

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 03:33:41 PM

With all the back and forth speculation that has transpired thus far, I think anyone trying to decide whether to invest has plenty to ruminate on before making their decision. Adding more will not contribute to the value of this thread.

I'm hoping from here on out that we can "let the chips fall where they may"; for those of us who invested, we'll look forward to developments and hope for returns. For those who haven't, move along and find something you're interested in.

I'm getting tired of all the long-winded speculative posts.

+1, tired of all the whinging it's rather pathetic

TRADE FOREX, STOCKS AND COMMODITIES without the paperwork with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/m/r.php?i=3589

1BROKER has been around since 2012 and is going strong
anon29426

Activity: 34

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:49:20 PM

do we have a contact number for cryptX?
Usman056

Activity: 49

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:26:02 PM

do we have a contact number for cryptX?

yeah right like he would give us a number to call and ask about the deployment.
IamNotSure

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:27:40 PM

On another topic, have you seen the difficulty chart of the last 3 days ?

Looks like difficulty is not sustaining the monthly 20% increase yet this month.

http://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/difficulty

Of course, it's a bit premature to tell, but the generation time is not plunging like everytime.
MonkeyBear68

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:37:48 PM

mikemikemike,

If network hash power (difficulty) stayed the same, then in 3 months time we would have 12 X the yield at 700 TH/sec. Please keep in mind that network hash power will be increasing, so although I believe the yield will indeed go up, I do not believe it will hit such a lofty target.

I agree with others in that network hash power does seem to have stagnated a bit over the last few days. Hopefully PETA will get our new miners early this week so that we can take full advantage of this temporary lull in difficulty increase.
mikemikemike
Copper Member

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:47:36 PM

mikemikemike,

If network hash power (difficulty) stayed the same, then in 3 months time we would have 12 X the yield at 700 TH/sec. Please keep in mind that network hash power will be increasing, so although I believe the yield will indeed go up, I do not believe it will hit such a lofty target.

I agree with others in that network hash power does seem to have stagnated a bit over the last few days. Hopefully PETA will get our new miners early this week so that we can take full advantage of this temporary lull in difficulty increase.

And thats why I devided by 3...

Are the basics really that hard???
tgdollaz

Activity: 15

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 08:20:11 PM

What the hell is going on with the ask price on havelock? It's been a while since I've seen manipulation like this and I used to work at the CME/CBOT. Seems that as soon as the asks got into the 0.07 range the bullshit ceased, now that it's back into 0.08's the bot or douche bag is back to manipulating. Is someone trying to unload here or trying to scoop up cheap shares?
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 261 »
  Print  

Jump to: