Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:35:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you encourage friends and family to invest in crypto?  (Read 1818 times)
dewi91

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:33:42 PM

I personally not encourage my friend or my family to invest in crypto, I just introduce to them what is crypto currency and how it can make profit, because I think it's risky if we invest for something without knowledge. when I introduce crypto to them and it make them interested of course they have to learn a lot before invest.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bryan21

Activity: 75
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:50:08 PM

Yes I encourage all people I know, not only my family and friends. Because I know investment in crypto much more benefit we can have.
Crypto have a risk, but we need to be patient to keep it for long term, if we want to earn more profit.

● ALAX.io  | The Blockchain App Store Designed for Gamers
█ ██████████ █       TGE    17th Apr    █ ██████████ █
stronghands4lyfe

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 05:53:19 PM

Never would I encourage them to invest, however I would educate them on the benefits that blockchain and cryptos can provide for us. The main reason I wouldn't want to give investment advice is because if it goes wrong, it just blows back on you horribly. That is why they say business and family don't mix, it is not because it can't be successful. It is for those times when shit hits the fan, you don't want the shit to hit the fan with your family and friends.

Finestream

Activity: 3010
Merit: 604

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:09:23 PM

Never would I encourage them to invest, however I would educate them on the benefits that blockchain and cryptos can provide for us. The main reason I wouldn't want to give investment advice is because if it goes wrong, it just blows back on you horribly. That is why they say business and family don't mix, it is not because it can't be successful. It is for those times when shit hits the fan, you don't want the shit to hit the fan with your family and friends.
I respect your decision.In my case,i honestly invite some of my closest relatives and friends to invest in crypto but before that,i gave them first the basics about crypto and the risks associated with it.If they think crypto could be their answered prayer in making their lives better,i support them.I guide them all the way just to make them profit.But for those who are quite afraid of the risks,i still share to them crypto background and maybe someday they can be interested too.I told them to carefully manage all their investments made because with just a single careless action,everything will vanish and will lead to a huge losses in the end.

decoder88

Activity: 346
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:44:27 PM

I'm someone who loves to share.  When I discovered blockchain technology a while ago, I wanted to tell everyone.  I didn't stop with my friends and family.  I told colleagues at work, my doctor, and just about anyone who would listen.  Some who got in early made money and were very happy.  But others waited until after seeing the massive bull run to invest, and bought at the top.  Now I keep my mouth shut because I can't control how people invest.  Even though blockchain will change the world, there are still good and bad investments.  How about you?  Do you encourage others to invest in crypto?
No i don't i am just doing bitcoins all myself and if they are going to ask what am i doing that is only the way i will open the topic. Im not that sharer because i felt very bad when some people invest at i am the one who introduced bitcoins to them and when they loss they going to blame me. For the future its not henceforth its a psychological problem to the people who didn't know further and wants only to jump in and buy.
As of now i am not the kind of person who likes to share everything. And yes bitcoin is one them. I try hard not to talk about it to anyone to avoid questions, because im afraid i might answer them wrong and they would blame me because of it.. Also im not that expert about these, im just a fast learner just for myself. So that is why i find myself not responsible enough for sharing it.
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:44:34 PM

Now, this is something very interesting. When I was still new to cryptocurrency, I think that my parents would doubted me and encourage me to stop trading, investing or participating in airdrops and bounties. I kept it to myself until I had my first cashout after Christmas and showed it to my parents.

You know what? My parents are impressed of me and they now support me in my cryptocurrency journey. However, both of my sisters are still skeptical about this now. Anyways, cryptocurrency isn't for everyone. Smiley

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
Ayush rana

Activity: 476
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:13:58 PM

My friend introduced Bitcoin and bticointalk to me year ago and now i am the one who is marketing Bitcoin to others because Bitcoin is a world changing currency and also it is a way to earn some extra good amount of money. if Bitcoin get legalize then it will change the world.

arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:03:17 PM

I'm someone who loves to share.  When I discovered blockchain technology a while ago, I wanted to tell everyone.  I didn't stop with my friends and family.  I told colleagues at work, my doctor, and just about anyone who would listen.  Some who got in early made money and were very happy.  But others waited until after seeing the massive bull run to invest, and bought at the top.  Now I keep my mouth shut because I can't control how people invest.  Even though blockchain will change the world, there are still good and bad investments.  How about you?  Do you encourage others to invest in crypto?
Many of my friends and family members are now holding bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin is the future so I don't hesitate to tell people and my family members  on how to own one and become among the rich in future. One of my friend just bought a house through bitcoin and ico investment. I think we should discuss the benefits of holding one or two coins now for future prosperity. We actually need to also put the risk involved into our explanations if introducing a family member.
andre norton

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:26:45 PM

It seems to me that it is better to deal with such things alone, because if they fail or they lose money, you can spoil relations in the family, which is hardly anyone's need. Undecided
nguyenkhanhhung14

Activity: 252
Merit: 14

Marketplace for sensor data

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:46:44 PM

No. I don't want ot encourage my friend and family member to invest in crypto cause they don't really understand about cryptocurrency so if I still try to encourage them to invest when they don't have any knowledge about crypto, it'll really bad for them cause they can easily fall into ponzi scheme and lost a lot of money. If anyone ask me about investing in crypto I often tell them to explore and learn about crypto first, when they really understand about it, they can invest if they want or I'll give them some advices.

Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:53:12 PM

You may know that even the early investors earn a high profit while they invested for the long term so now is also the same as early as if people will invest now then they have to wait for a longer time to get the real profit which will enable them to become millionaire with a minimum investment. If you will suggest to anyone then do not forget to tell them to invest for long term. I am also doing the same to invest in bitcoin and to wait for a long term to get a highest profit.
millenniumcoin

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:01:08 PM

Yes! I have convinced some of my friends to invest in bitcoin and altcoin with proof of investment profit. Some of them find difficult to understand how it work and few feared to start,but when some of them tried and made some profit,they were encouraged to invest even in alt. coins.
Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:01:19 PM

Those newbies does need understanding so for a start, the one that needs to explain is the risks and that is a must. There are persons who doesn't want to engage in a crypto earning methods to earn that's why instead they want to invest.

Well we can't stop them if they are really eager but like I said, since they are new to these things, they need to understand how volatile crypto is and what are the risks associated once they invested. Im asking also some questions like, "why they choose to invest" "did they just saw others getting decent profit out from crypto trading that's why they want to do the same" "are they willing to accept that they might lose the moment they wake up" etc.

As much as possible, I want them to earned cryptos by means of doing such crypto related works then used their profit there to buy a crypto but people have different views and mindset that's why in here, just give them some insights of what will happened on the path they choose.

I agree. I did that before, but I only sounded like a marketer falling on deaf ears with what I am saying, thus, I learned that the best way to teach the concepts of cryptocurrency to people is if they would approach me themselves and show how interested they are. I am saying this because it's hard to persuade someone that doesn't like or even a tad bit interested with what you're talking about. Even friends or family would be a hard customer to convince, especially since it could involve money and investing, I don't want to be in a position when someone I know would lose money because of they follow what I said, it would be kind of awkward.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:14:45 PM

I did so once, and I am never doing it again. If you advice someone to sell, and the price goes up, you'll get blamed for being wrong. If you advice someone to buy, and the price goes down, you'll get blamed again for being wrong. For that exact reason I always urge them to just read up about it, and if they at that point feel comfortable enough to invest in crypto, they will need to make the decision for themselves. If people want to know my story and vision, then that's fine, but no longer will I provide any sort of investment advice to people not understanding how this market works, or even what crypto stands for in basic terms. We need to make people understand what crypto is all about at first, and not the investment aspect, because that's the last thing one should talk about.
Dondont

Activity: 446
Merit: 12

BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 11:29:08 PM

absolutely it doesnt need to, encourage friends and family to invest can bring big trouble, imagine if you encourage friends and family to invest bitcoin at current price and then after few weeks, those price is going down and down. they panic. they blamed us. it will make our relation with them getting hot

kyenkirke1976

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:50:55 AM

Yes before I encourage my colleague to invest crypto, but now not anymore because of the price is not good and it continously going down.
markdario112616

Activity: 816
Merit: 133

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:27:39 AM

Honestly speaking, even though I was only invited too. I'm not directly encouraging a friend or a relative to join, If they are curious about crypto and tend to have a question then I would answer it based on my experience/s. It's not that I don't want to share the opportunities hence I'm just protecting myself and my reputation since some always think that when they invest it will return in no time. Then when their expectations were not met then the blame will be put on to you.
cryptokitty

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

Global Blockchain Solution For Transportation

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:27:48 AM

Of course,  i love to see my relatives working hard with crypto because i know that there is a great opportunity here.  Believing in crypto open us a new beginning to achieve a good life. Because i believe crypto or bitcoin will give us a better future.
btcformula

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 03:32:04 AM

yes I do. First time I show how he can get profit from Crypto. So that's why I try to convenience to use Purse.io .
It's a best site to buy amazon product by bitcoin  with 20 to 30 % discount. They are much interested then he try to find how to buy bitcoin. isn't a good way to encourage friends and family
ahiaba.john@yahoo.com

Activity: 365
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 05:16:59 AM

I have encouraged not less than 40 people to invest in bitcoin. Many of of believed and started almost immediately but few among them are not fully convince and couldn't invest because of fear of losing their money. For those that invested, they with a lot of testimonies.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: