Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:20:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NLG] The great Gulden thread  (Read 14136 times)
PeterPicker

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:01:42 PM

Gulden used to be in the top50 on coinmarketcap now it's rank 250...Do you know why people don't like this coin anymore ?

yes I know why :

1st  it's because of the infamous Rijk the founder.
He treats people like rubish, bans people from slack for nothing ... etc. He is social impaired.
A lot of people leave, and now share the bad buzz around the G , only because of Rijk attitude

2nd it's because of the delays. v2.0 is now more than 1 year late !! so lot of people are frustrated, and do not trust anymore the announcement !

Oh wow, I didn't know about that...thanks for the great info. Maybe this project is going to fail in the long term, I don't see why would anyone trade gulden when there are more than 1500 different crypto out there

You can read my previous posts, no coin comes close to offering what Gulden does at the current market valuations on coinmarketcap. In a fair world it would be top 20 but the world isn't fair, something we all have to live with.

Made a correction for you. The way I see it , in the last 2 years I have been in this space. 99% is hyping a coin for trading to get max volumes and prices but never actually delivering on anything. Gulden is for usability.
Jean.Luc

Activity: 408
Merit: 117

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:47:29 PM

Gulden moves Development to Public Depository. Giving more transparency and opportunities for independent developers to add their own commits.

http://guldenbites.com/2018/05/02/development-moves-to-public-gulden-repository/
Jean.Luc

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:51:58 PM

Gulden in Figures: April

http://guldenbites.com/2018/05/02/gulden-in-figures-april/
Dirkeeee

Activity: 38

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 07:26:13 PM

Is Rijk planning to do marketing before the release. Gulden has dropped to rank 260. The lowest it's been in history?

Jean.Luc

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 07:38:22 PM

Is Rijk planning to do marketing before the release. Gulden has dropped to rank 260. The lowest it's been in history?

Gulden did not ‘drop’; Just a lot of $5,- white paper projects entered the arena. But that’s OK. Real development is key in the long run.
The community will sent out  a press release as soon as Gulden 2.0 hits the blockchain. 😘
chocobo21

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:42:25 PM

Gulden used to be in the top50 on coinmarketcap now it's rank 250...Do you know why people don't like this coin anymore ?

yes I know why :

1st  it's because of the infamous Rijk the founder.
He treats people like rubish, bans people from slack for nothing ... etc. He is social impaired.
A lot of people leave, and now share the bad buzz around the G , only because of Rijk attitude

2nd it's because of the delays. v2.0 is now more than 1 year late !! so lot of people are frustrated, and do not trust anymore the announcement !

Oh wow, I didn't know about that...thanks for the great info. Maybe this project is going to fail in the long term, I don't see why would anyone use gulden when there are more than 1500 different crypto out there

Dont listen to forum trolls. Rijk bans people from Slack because they are misbehaving (Like shilling other coins than NLG). Most likely Fantonas misbehaved in the Slack Channels and got banned, now hes doing all he can to troll NLG.

NLG is one of the best high potential with highest possible low risk/high reward ratio in my opinion.

Okay maybe he is a troll then but how about the delay ? Is it real or fake news ? Did you guys really delay for more than a year ?
Jean.Luc

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:54:18 PM

yes I know why :

Oh wow, I didn't know about that...thanks for the great info. Maybe this project is going to fail in the long term, I don't see why would anyone use gulden when there are more than 1500 different crypto out there

Dont listen to forum trolls. Rijk bans people from Slack because they are misbehaving (Like shilling other coins than NLG). Most likely Fantonas misbehaved in the Slack Channels and got banned, now hes doing all he can to troll NLG.

NLG is one of the best high potential with highest possible low risk/high reward ratio in my opinion.

Okay maybe he is a troll then but how about the delay ? Is it real or fake news ? Did you guys really delay for more than a year ?

Nope and yes. 😁
Here is the thing.
The Devs went for Pow2 first. SegSig and Sonic were separate projects.
But working on PoW2 they found out that if they Included SegSig as well they had to do less coding. The second benefit is testing time. Now they only have to test one project in stead of two. Parallel they have been working on Sonic, so it’s included now too.
Under the line we probably saved some time, but it is really communicated poorly so everybody got confused.
PeterPicker

Activity: 72

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:37:22 PM

yes I know why :

1st  it's because of the infamous Rijk the founder.

I would consider Gulden the CD Projekt Red of the crypto world for a number of reasons.

2.0 is the Witcher 3, the next project will hype itself like cypherpunk 2077 because the world will be expecting glorious things from this team. 2.0 is needed to show the world what this dev team is capable of.
JwJimJim

Activity: 146
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 11:31:21 AM

He has no choice, Gulden is sitting at rank 270 today, No one cares about 270 ranked coins, if he doesn't, below 300 is game over.
metare

Activity: 93
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:02:29 PM

One of the weaknesses of NLG is that shit is only marketed within its current community.

Zero efforts by the community to shill or pump the coin.

There are different fundraisers on slack for spreading awareness of Gulden.
One is about a footgolf tournament sponsoring, which would bring Gulden advertisment to TV.
The other I know of is about a billboard campaign to rent 100+ billboards around Eindhoven for six months or so displaying Gulden advertisment.
So no, there's not nothing going on, the community is already at work.
@Jean.Luc would that be something to put on Guldenbites, like a list of all fundraisers and marketing plans that are ongoing or already went through?
FantoNas

Activity: 152

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 12:33:27 AM

yes I know why :

If said the truth is to be a troll , so yes I am a troll.  Just a look in the old thread ... and you will see that it was just me , or few , but a LOT of people were banned for nothing. And it's correct as Rijk said . It is his slack he can do what he wants , when he want and if you are not happy just go away bastard.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1495990.msg30693059#msg30693059

I do not know what is the opposite of a troll... may be a Blind Lovers. TheFraction is a blind lovers , he invest more than he should in the gulden,and he is now frustrated to lost money , or not make profit. This is why he haunted the forum with "hidden gems" "to the moon" "best coin of the world", and stupid argument  just to create FOMO. By this way he hopes that newcomer will invest in the gulden, and may be save his investment.

Dirkeeee

Activity: 38

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 07:23:27 AM

Do you think Gulden is losing popularity? The negative posts have stopped quite a lot compared to a couple months ago or are people satisfied with the devs communication lately?
RichPissman

Activity: 339
Merit: 10

New Cryptoworld Order

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 09:38:03 AM

And again they managed to...

Promise:

Deliver:

No wonder people are losing interest, even I start to care less.   Roll Eyes

OneTwo Coins, One Rijk, One Founder!
BioMike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 09:50:42 AM

And again they managed to...

Promise:

Deliver:

No wonder people are losing interest, even I start to care less.   Roll Eyes

Come on RichPissman, 18 hours ago was the latest development update. They updated Readme.md, that's at least worth one year of development time. ;-)
RichPissman

Activity: 339
Merit: 10

New Cryptoworld Order

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 06:54:07 AM

Perhaps they truly have uploaded all their POW2 and SegSig stuff and we can now finally see they only managed to produce a readme file so far. Makes sense, the readme file had to be absolutely perfect and flawless. That can easily take up two years of development. Especially if you have a group of test readers as well.

Not sure where the folder is where they store the photoshopped screenshots though  Huh

OneTwo Coins, One Rijk, One Founder!
metare

Activity: 93
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 03:51:42 PM

Perhaps they truly have uploaded all their POW2 and SegSig stuff and we can now finally see they only managed to produce a readme file so far. Makes sense, the readme file had to be absolutely perfect and flawless. That can easily take up two years of development. Especially if you have a group of test readers as well.

Not sure where the folder is where they store the photoshopped screenshots though  Huh

It might help if you'd actually take a look at the PoW2 branches.
I'm still surprised how few understanding for software dev there is on what seems big investors. On a scale between clicking on a disc icon to save and managing the dev of a OS: how much do you know about repositories? xD
If you go to the PoW2 test branch you might find out that there is tremendous activity on it.
JwJimJim

Activity: 146

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 04:13:36 PM

It might help if you'd actually take a look at the PoW2 branches.
I'm still surprised how few understanding for software dev there is on what seems big investors. On a scale between clicking on a disc icon to save and managing the dev of a OS: how much do you know about repositories? xD
If you go to the PoW2 test branch you might find out that there is tremendous activity on it.

It's a wonder those trolls are able to figure out how to post something on an online forum.

I can confirm the Gulden devs and specifically Malcolm have done a lot of work on this project. A lot more then coins like XMR which are top 20. The question remains is how does Rijk plan to market this update, it's all good and well having the best development in crypto but what is the point if no one knows about it. Malcolm a lot of respect from me on the amount of coding you have done with this update and I am not easily impressed.
chocobo21

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 07:39:25 AM

yes I know why :

Nope and yes. 😁
Here is the thing.
But working on PoW2 they found out that if they Included SegSig as well they had to do less coding. The second benefit is testing time. Now they only have to test one project in stead of two. Parallel they have been working on Sonic, so it’s included now too.
Under the line we probably saved some time, but it is really communicated poorly so everybody got confused.

Thanks for clearing this up Jean Luc, are you one of the dev of Gulden btw ? I remember I used to see you on the gulden slack channel, maybe you are one of the moderator?
flappie

Activity: 87
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:29:42 AM

Gulden for iOS 1.6.6 update is now available in the App Store

- Updated for Face ID and Super Retina display on iPhone X
- Improved support for iOS 11
- Improved stability
- Interface tweaks
- And more!

https://itunes.apple.com/app/gulden/id1291910508
Jean.Luc

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:48:24 PM

yes I know why :

Nope and yes. 😁
Here is the thing.

Thanks for clearing this up Jean Luc, are you one of the dev of Gulden btw ? I remember I used to see you on the gulden slack channel, maybe you are one of the moderator?

Nope. I’m not a Dev. Just reporting the news on Gulden, sometimes with help of the Gulden Community. Just follow GuldenBites.com or on Twitter. Take care.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: