Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:34:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NLG] The great Gulden thread  (Read 14131 times)
RichPissman

Activity: 339
Merit: 10

New Cryptoworld Order

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 07:14:02 PM

Donald Trump has started witnessing. Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgwr9r36zIU

how do you know? Did you ask his son Rich "Freedom of speech" Pissman?

Yeah, Lets make Gulden great again! First step: kick out Rijk and his deep state super pac!

Then, make a deal with the whales and market the living crap out of it! Only winners!

OneTwo Coins, One Rijk, One Founder!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KrustyTheClown

Activity: 120
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 07:56:14 PM

Donald Trump has started witnessing. Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgwr9r36zIU

how do you know? Did you ask his son Rich "Freedom of speech" Pissman?

Yeah, Lets make Gulden great again! First step: kick out Rijk and his deep state super pac!

Then, make a deal with the whales and market the living crap out of it! Only winners!

Rijk will blame the Russians for everything. He Co owns CNN.
BioMike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 08:28:44 PM

Wow, the perfectly tested update didn't trigger perfectly.
Morbs

Activity: 270
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 08:37:10 PM

Offcourse it is always better to not develop anything and to not update anything then there never will go anything wrong .......    Roll Eyes

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Today was a hot day in my city. I wen't out to eat icecream.

Today was a good day.

whooooopseeeh wrong forum haha!

Did they put alcohol in that icecream  Grin
johnnybraveau

Activity: 195
Merit: 1

This is my real name

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 09:22:44 PM

Just a minor hickup. Witnessing rewards keep flowing in.

Rich Trollman will soon have no ammo anymore (he doesnt have any at this time either but that doesn’t prevent him from being a dick). Only way is up for Gulden.

Good times, good times!  Grin

Looks like he is logging into his second account too again, SchizoTheClown
johnnybraveau

This is my real name

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 09:33:10 PM
Merited by metare (1)

I am a software tester for a software developer and even after testing new software in a test environment intensively without any issues, it still happens that in a live situation things happen that didnt happen in the test environment. It was a minor hickup that was tackled relatively quick. No Gulden were at risk, no Gulden were lost.

Dedication.
pbkhzn

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 10:32:57 PM

Wow, very mature reaction Myckel.
PeterPicker

Activity: 72

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 04:24:45 AM

I am a software tester for a software developer and even after testing new software in a test environment intensively without any issues, it still happens that in a live situation things happen that didnt happen in the test environment. It was a minor hickup that was tackled relatively quick. No Gulden were at risk, no Gulden were lost.

Dedication.

They passed my test in my earlier post. Well done to the Gulden team for overcoming whatever issue they had.
metare

Activity: 93
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 05:45:42 AM

Dedication.

Nice to see some words with value amidst all that. I still get surprised sometimes by those people with bigger ego than knowledge, who think that any hickup is a prove that they are right.

I get the impression that Rich P.  and Mike are among those pathetic people who think they just deserve a big gain and don't care what it takes to get there. I'm not sure what to think of them, to me they must either be pretty stupid or they are manipulative runts only interested in personal gain with no remorse for anyone except themselves.
johnnybraveau

This is my real name

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:03:57 AM

they thought they would get instantly rich
gulden team followed a different strategy
they got rude
they got kicked from Slack
they prove here on a daily basis why they got kicked from Slack
they keep hanging on to their Gulden because they didnt grow a pair

TomPetty

Activity: 57

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:52:02 AM

they thought they would get instantly rich
gulden team followed a different strategy
they got rude
they got kicked from Slack
they prove here on a daily basis why they got kicked from Slack
they keep hanging on to their Gulden because they didnt grow a pair

They remind me of the far left here in the US.
Jean.Luc

Activity: 408
Merit: 117

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 08:16:03 AM

From the Dev Team
Since Sunday morning 10:00 our blockchain is running stable again and transactions are possible again. The cause that our blockchain stalled has been a combination of factors at the most unfortunate moment, during the different phases of PoW2. At the end of the day, safety is the most important thing, it has never been compromised. In addition, it is now clear how this can be prevented, and the chance of such a scenario occurring again has already become extremely small. Already adjustments have been made on the side of the mining pools and in the coming days an update with additional measures will be made available to all desktop users.
RichPissman

New Cryptoworld Order

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 08:18:20 AM

they thought they would get got instantly rich
gulden team followed opposed a different strategy against the wishes of the far majority
they (Rijk and friends) got rude
they got kicked from were smart enough not to get kicked out of and stay on top of developments in Slack
they (Rijk and friends) prove here on a daily basis why they got kicked lots of useful members from Slack and don't give hoots ass about investors
they keep hanging on to their Gulden because they didnt grow a pair are gong to make even more do when Rijk finally gets hit by a bus.

They remind me of the far left here in the US.  

^^^
Aren't that the folks that claim the moral high ground every time someone proofs their stupid ideology wrong? Like the Gulden zombies that yell Heil Rijk and moon every time the rate goes up 2 satoshis and state "buy now, never get another opportunity!" when it goes down? That are all here to get rich when Gulden hit's $ 2.50, but as long as rates keep dropping (due to the ban on marketing by their fuhrer) say they are here for the ideology?

johnnybraveau

This is my real name

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 08:26:26 AM

the rants by Rich keep going more into psychose mode

quickly, log in as FrustyTheClown and back yourself up!
Zonefan

Activity: 51

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 09:17:56 AM

My evaluation of the witness system is it gives power back to the people and greater community. At the start of bitcoin ordinary users mining with CPU or graphics cards who cared about bitcoin had more say. Today the mining industy is about pools sending coins to exchanges to get dumped into btc and then straight into fiat. Bitcoin itself is at the mercy of large Chinese mining farms. Witnessing is a game changer for the industry.

BioMike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 09:18:15 AM

Dedication.

Nice to see some words with value amidst all that. I still get surprised sometimes by those people with bigger ego than knowledge, who think that any hickup is a prove that they are right.

I get the impression that Rich P.  and Mike are among those pathetic people who think they just deserve a big gain and don't care what it takes to get there. I'm not sure what to think of them, to me they must either be pretty stupid or they are manipulative runts only interested in personal gain with no remorse for anyone except themselves.

I know a bit about software development myself. I also know that the "testnet" as present in many coins (including Gulden) is artificial. It's good for one stage of testing, but afterwards you'll have to test it again in an separate main network (few VPSes that only connect to each other would suffice). Many dev teams don't really care that they are operating in a million dollar market, where downtime of a few minutes could potentially cost users millions. Banks have the same problem with this and crypto could solve that, if devs only would care that they are playing with people's money if they make changes to the consensus network.

I've earned my money with crypto. No need for me to have Gulden be successful in a financial term. I want Gulden to be successful in a way that Bitcoin was made to do, but has not being able to get there. Gulden has/had a better chance for that, but everyone is looking only at their own finger instead of where it points to.
BioMike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 09:24:25 AM

My evaluation of the witness system is it gives power back to the people and greater community. At the start of bitcoin ordinary users mining with CPU or graphics cards who cared about bitcoin had more say. Today the mining industy is about pools sending coins to exchanges to get dumped into btc and then straight into fiat. Bitcoin itself is at the mercy of large Chinese mining farms. Witnessing is a game changer for the industry.

Was this really a problem with Gulden?  Most miners from Gulden are already members within the community (for the mining industry Gulden isn't profitable). Witnessing is still dependent on mining, mining still dictates when witnesses come into play.
Zonefan

Activity: 51

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 09:35:46 AM

Was this really a problem with Gulden?  Most miners from Gulden are already members within the community (for the mining industry Gulden isn't profitable).

Not sure if the situation changed recently but it was always pools keeping the chain moving and not community miners.

Witnessing is still dependent on mining, mining still dictates when witnesses come into play.

This part looks to be true, but the community can also contribute to the security of the network like miners and Gulden holders will have more incentive to see Gulden secure. I like the other benefits summed up in this link as it's not only about earning interest.

https://gulden.com/pow2
pbkhzn

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 09:46:17 AM

I know a bit about software development myself. I also know that the "testnet" as present in many coins (including Gulden) is artificial. It's good for one stage of testing, but afterwards you'll have to test it again in an separate main network (few VPSes that only connect to each other would suffice).

Malcolm has complety changed how testnet works for Gulden, to make sure all kinds of situations (and PoW2 phase) can be tested. It's far more advanced than "testnet" of other coins.
So please make sure you are informed before you make such blunt statements.
RichPissman

New Cryptoworld Order

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 09:56:29 AM

I know a bit about software development myself. I also know that the "testnet" as present in many coins (including Gulden) is artificial. It's good for one stage of testing, but afterwards you'll have to test it again in an separate main network (few VPSes that only connect to each other would suffice).

Malcolm has complety changed how testnet works for Gulden, to make sure all kinds of situations (and PoW2 phase) can be tested. It's far more advanced than "testnet" of other coins.

Perhaps you'd better wait until you at least know about stuff yourself before you "correct" a legendary member that has been here since 2010?

Not that Biomike needs defense, but let me ask you this. If Malcolm perfected the testing methods into something so advanced, how come the extremely over delayed 2.0 release that was tested and tested and tested even more, resulted in a chainsplit and stalled blockchain for over 36 hours? Perhaps an indication you need to think a bit more before you barf like a chiwawa?  

But you also contradict yourself here bud:

The fork was not an issue. That's just how this update work. From phase 3 miners that keep on mining with the outdated software will just continue to mine for nothing and waste their energy. Only the stall of the main network was a problem, but that's being handled. Some things just can't be tested in testnet.

You said one thing about yourself I agree with though:

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: