Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:20:16 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NLG] The great Gulden thread  (Read 14136 times)
Jean.Luc

Activity: 408
Merit: 117

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 07:46:00 AM

I was told yesterday about this coin from a friend at work. I have been following crypto news for over a year and never heard about Gulden. My friend was enthusiastic about witnessing so I came to check it out.

My first experience with this coin has been great, the wallets are good and I plan to setup a witness this weekend.

Can I have my wallet offline like peercoin and still earn Gulden? My friend doesn't know the answer to this question. Is there a website that explains how witnessing works?

Just have a look at GuldenBites.com for al kinds of Information, News, Trading, etc.

To answer your question. The wallet has to be online 24/7. But you can export the witnesskey to an raspberry Pi and let it do the work.
BrettRouX

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 07:48:11 AM

That was quick responses, thanks.
Jean.Luc

Activity: 408
Merit: 117

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 07:50:16 AM
Last edit: August 04, 2018, 08:00:34 AM by Jean.Luc

Why Gulden?

1.) Gulden is one of the few crypto currencies with stable and user-friendly wallets for each platform (Win, Mac, Lin, iOS and Android) and is therefore not a ramshackle copy of the bitcoin QT client that takes half an hour to synchronize at every startup.
Note: initial synch only takes minutes. And after that mobile wallets synch in a split second.

2.) Gulden is the only cryptocurrency with a decentralised way to secure 1 confirmation payments (i.e. not via Masternodes, etc., which destroy the whole idea of decentrality). Furthermore, zero confirmations are on the roadmap.

3.) Gulden is the only one to have found a solution to break the "power" of the miners by having the validation process of transactions also carried out by so-called "witness". And because the two groups of miners and witness have conflicting interests, they cannot "hold the blockchain to ransom" or otherwise persevere.

To put it in perspective. To hack the Gulden network, as in a 51% attack, you need 71% of the hashrate AND own 71% of all Gulden AND have them in witness.
Safety is key, it’s your money, you want it safe. Gulden is unrivalled at this point as far as we know.

4.) Because Gulden wants to become a widely used international payment instrument, Gulden is focusing on a strong link with fiat money. That's why you can easily buy and sell Gulden with euro via the wallets. Selling simply by just filling in your IBAN number. In addition to EUR, a lot of work is being done to obtain a link with USD and GBP.

5.) Gulden is the only one who has the possibility to make a link between a desktop wallet and a mobile wallet so that the mobile wallet can be managed via the desktop.

6.) Gulden can be put in deposit which will bring you a certain interest rate. The amount of the interest depends on the amount and duration of time that you secure the Gulden. And this "witness" process is completely different from POS with any other coin.

7.) Crypto’s future is all about reaching mass adoption. With Gulden’s user friendliness it focusses not solely on the obvious crypto trader, but on those other billion normal users who don’t know about blockchain technology nor need to know about it. Everything is done and developed with ease of use in mind and still being safe and decentralised.

8.) Gulden has a large enthusiastic community on Slack (https://gulden.com/join). Where anyone can become a member and where you can get in direct contact with the developers and obtain help from a lot of volunteers if you have any questions.

9.) Gulden does not make empty promises and does not hype non news. Instead they develop real solutions. And there is still a lot on the roadmap they want to achieve. To make it even more user friendly with e.g. Alias (payments directly to email addresses)

10.) The developers are independent and have already been provided with sufficient resources through community funding to be able to develop independently for many years to come. There are now 5 people working on the development on a professional basis. Next to other companies they work with like e.g. the Payment Service Provider Nocks.

11.) For merchants there are loads of plugins and API’s they can use to integrate Gulden payments into their businesses. With only €0,05 for a transaction which can be paid out to Euro or Gulden as desired, it is very attractive for merchants to accept Gulden payments. In most cases it is way cheaper than current banking solutions, without the risks.

12.) Soon we will see other third party apps including Gulden Payment solutions embedded in them (I have seen them already 🎉🚀) . Can you imagine going to the movies and pay for it with Gulden directly from within the Movie app?... And yes, we will see Dapps on the Gulden Network in the future as more third parties discover the possibilities. Stay tuned... https://dev.gulden.com
http://guldenbites.com/newsbites/
BannedFromSlack

Activity: 52

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 08:00:20 AM

That was quick responses, thanks.

Hi Brett,

It's good to have someone new join Gulden. I have a suggestion to make which will help Gulden with marketing.

There is a guy called Rijk on the Gulden slack, the nicest person you will ever meet online.

He is looking for marketing ideas for Gulden, can you sign up and let him know the news sites you visit to give him ideas.
BioMike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 08:18:44 AM

So I contacted Litebit regarding their Gulden wallet being in maintenance for a few days now, their reply in Dutch:

Bedankt dat u contact hebt opgenomen met onze helpdesk. Door wat complicaties met de Gulden wallet zijn wij in overleg met hun development team om tot een oplossing te komen. Helaas is het localizeren van deze problemen en het kunnen verwerken zeer tijdsintensief en heel erg probleem gevoelig. Ik kan u dus helaas geen tijdsindicatie geven maar wel de melding dat wij hard aan het werk zijn de Gulden wallet weer online te krijgen.

Onze excuses voor het ongemak.

In English: they are having issues regarding integrating it with their own systems and are in close contact with the Gulden development team to find a solution. No indication regarding when it will be back up again.
Sugaman

Activity: 72

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 08:31:53 AM

So I contacted Litebit regarding their Gulden wallet being in maintenance for a few days now, their reply in Dutch:

Bedankt dat u contact hebt opgenomen met onze helpdesk. Door wat complicaties met de Gulden wallet zijn wij in overleg met hun development team om tot een oplossing te komen. Helaas is het localizeren van deze problemen en het kunnen verwerken zeer tijdsintensief en heel erg probleem gevoelig. Ik kan u dus helaas geen tijdsindicatie geven maar wel de melding dat wij hard aan het werk zijn de Gulden wallet weer online te krijgen.

In English: they are having issues regarding integrating it with their own systems and are in close contact with the Gulden development team to find a solution. No indication regarding when it will be back up again.

Is this the reason they have not done any marketing?
JimJimJimJim

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 08:43:40 AM

is your low iq the reason you can only think about one thing?
Sugaman

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 09:08:46 AM

You guys on slack live in a bubble.
BioMike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 09:19:01 AM

You guys on slack live in a bubble.

This has NOTHING to do with marketing or not. Some people asked here why Litebit is in maintenance mode for the past few days, I contacted them and this was their reply.
Morbs

Activity: 270
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 10:06:00 AM

Are you ready for 8000 satoshi this month?

You still have some days. I posted the chart earlier.

Is it this chart?  =>  https://ibb.co/c7WgmK

Because the other image says its invalid

Can you please explain what we see there because i see i line going down and i want to see it go up  Grin
Henis

Activity: 51

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 10:20:01 AM

Is it this chart?  =>  https://ibb.co/c7WgmK

Can you please explain what we see there because i see i line going down and i want to see it go up  Grin

8000 without promoting and marketing the coin? Fraction what do you know that we don't ?  Grin

I don't want that price because I will never be able to get 120k coins I am aiming for.
Morbs

Activity: 270
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 07:14:02 PM

Can you please explain what we see there because i see i line going down and i want to see it go up  Grin

We are waiting for your answer The Fraction  Huh
Sugaman

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 07:27:30 AM

We are waiting for your answer The Fraction  Huh

He must of mean 800 satoshi, I don't see any marketing for witnessing.
Henis

Activity: 51

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 04:37:49 AM

Would the community consider asking the developers to raise the witness reward in the future? For small witness users who only have <=25000 like me, we don't witness daily. At least if we earned 50 reward it would make a difference and worth it.
metare

Activity: 93
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 05:58:20 AM
Last edit: August 06, 2018, 06:14:09 AM by metare

A word from the founder after being asked about the premine:

Alright. First of all I realise that this information used to be easy to find, but nowadays it is not, so I added it to the specifications at dev.gulden.com (probably after refresh visible).

Premine in 2014: 170 million
Premine (mostly since 2016) in circulation: 110 million
Premine in my possession: 60 million

What is a premine?
When launching a cryptocurrency (coin of token) you can choose to reserve a part for yourself. This premine is actually mine from the start, so you already have possession. In 2014 the crypto looked a bit different than it does now, of course there were far fewer people working on it, but there were no tokens either. To launch a coin you needed a developer, especially if you didn't want an exact copy of bitcoin or litecoin. Yet a lot of coins were launched and those with premines often did not live very long, mostly because the founder was anonymous and as soon as the premine was worth it disappeared. So there is (often rightly) a negative label attached to the term premine. At that time the experienced crypto investors were often reason enough to stay away from such a project or to be negative about it, no substantiation was needed. Just the chance that a founder suddenly disappears with the money was enough to label everything as scam. This label was therefore also awarded the Gulden label.

Just for the sake of clarity, token and coin differ.
Coin: these are too small, where there may be a premine (this varies from 0 to 50%, I know few coins where it is more than 50%). A coin has its own blockchain and coins come on the market by mins. The starting value of a coin is determined by the market, i.e. supply and demand. What the first buyer gives for it.
Token: these are not to be disregarded, because the full 100% is already in the possession of the founder. These tokens are then sold at a value determined by the founder. Imagine you start your own token and spend a million, if you sell 1 for 1000 euros. Then your marketcap is 1000,000,000. That's also why new tokens often start high on marketcap sites. Tokens do not have their own blockchain and run on Ethereum or similar platforms.

Why a premine, then?
As some of you may have made clear, I'm not one of the 'crypto rules'. I do not have the large 'code' with do's and don'ts conceived by self-declared experts in my closet. For me, the premine meant something else: financial freedom. Financial freedom gives you the opportunity to be independent and to be able to do what you really like. To follow your vision. It is probably a dream for many for many reasons. What would you do if you had enough money? Everyone has a different answer to that. My answer is simple and I think I don't even have to give it, because I have shown it for the last 4 years.
In the first two years of Gulden, there was no question of financial freedom, because simply the value of Gulden (which started at 0) in those years was around 0.0015 cents. Also the value of Bitcoin was very different then, I don't want to talk about it further, because it's private, but I already came into contact with Bitcoin in 2011. I had a full-time job and when I noticed that this full-time job was at the expense of Gulden I stopped in mid-2017, to focus 100% on Gulden.

So what about the premine?
This is no different from previous years. This is in my possession.
Feel free to ask questions, I will try to answer them as best I can, unless they really come into the prives sphere.

The questions that have already been asked by JeanLuc: "What are the shares for then?
Shares was a way of converting Gulden into Bitcoin, without the market feeling it right away. At that time, there wasn't as much volume as there is now and I didn't want the market to feel pressure. That's why shares were more expensive than the market price and you got a reward for holding them in place. I wanted to convert this in order to be able to invest in development, for example, and paying out in Gulden was not yet desirable at that time, so it became BTC. The volumes are now high enough and almost all shares have been paid out, and it is not possible to buy shares. The way to get a reward for securing Gulden is well known: Witness.

And the follow up questions of a valued member of the community and the founders answers to it:
Okay, thank you so much. But I don't quite understand a few things yet, maybe you can explain them as well.
1. What do you mean by 110 are in circulation? Have they already been spent?
-> Yes, they have already been issued.
2. If I read the above, you pay for the development of Gulden 'out of your own pocket'. Isn't the premine part of Gulden bv, who paid for the Development, isn't it?
-> As I have indicated above, the premine is mine, from day 1. Gulden.com BV is separate from this, that is a company with a revenue model in which I invest. A working example of the revenue model are the purchase opportunities in the applications, a percentage of which goes to Gulden.com BV. In addition, there are things in the planning like paid applications, etc. The development of the network by Gulden.com BV is in the interest of Gulden.com BV, because it leads to more transactions and that in turn leads to the revenue model.
4. And for the critics among us, how can I see that the premine is not much more than it is now stated. In other words, how can an 'investor' assess the risk? The risk of you exchanging everything one day and sitting down in the Bahamas is no different from that of other listed companies, only there will you know how big the impact is. Not here.
-> Not. And indeed there is a risk for an investor.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Credits go to the people who dared to ask in the slack, I just found the reaction and run it through translation to be able to read it. I think this clearifies some of the uncertainties that were issued here. Hopefully the premine investigators can confirm this one day.
RichPissman

Activity: 339
Merit: 10

New Cryptoworld Order

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 06:18:41 AM
Last edit: August 06, 2018, 06:46:21 AM by RichPissman

So there we have it, written in stone. Rijk has always seen the premine to be his private possession. Now there is no doubt anymore folks. You can say whatever you like about him being visible and known publicly, he still is a founder of a coin that has a huge premine he considers his own personal cashcow to do as he pleases. He just does it in plain sight.

So all of you have been pouring your hard earned cash into the Gulden ecosystem, so Rijk can cash out his fat 100mm+ stack he got for absolutely nothing on top of the 650BTC he took with shares.

Ask yourself this, if you would have known he would take the premine as a private fund from the start, would you have taken this serious? No you would not! Instead he lied about it for years (hand out 100G to each citizen, use the premine as a community fund to create awareness, put premine in a community fund to pay for development) and slowly lured you into his private equity trap!

Alright. First of all I realise that this information used to be easy to find, but nowadays it is not, so I added it to the specifications at dev.gulden.com (probably after refresh visible).

Premine in 2014: 170 million
Premine (mostly since 2016) in circulation: 110 million
Premine in my possession: 60 million

Why a premine, then?
As some of you may have made clear, I'm not one of the 'crypto rules'. I do not have the large 'code' with do's and don'ts conceived by self-declared experts in my closet. For me, the premine meant something else: financial freedom. Financial freedom gives you the opportunity to be independent and to be able to do what you really like. To follow your vision. It is probably a dream for many for many reasons. What would you do if you had enough money? Everyone has a different answer to that. My answer is simple and I think I don't even have to give it, because I have shown it for the last 4 years.
In the first two years of Gulden, there was no question of financial freedom, because simply the value of Gulden (which started at 0) in those years was around 0.0015 cents. Also the value of Bitcoin was very different then, I don't want to talk about it further, because it's private, but I already came into contact with Bitcoin in 2011. I had a full-time job and when I noticed that this full-time job was at the expense of Gulden I stopped in mid-2017, to focus 100% on Gulden.

So what about the premine?
This is no different from previous years. This is in my possession.
Feel free to ask questions, I will try to answer them as best I can, unless they really come into the prives sphere.

OneTwo Coins, One Rijk, One Founder!
RichPissman

New Cryptoworld Order

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 06:28:48 AM
Last edit: August 06, 2018, 06:43:27 AM by RichPissman

And before you take the poorly translated version out of context by stating it's only in his possession, he never said it's his, he answered this right after Lean Luc asked a specific question about it:

It says: "Like I said already above, the premine is mine, has been since day 1. Gulden.com BV has nothing to do with it, that is a company with a profit model I invested in"

This particular phrase can become quite interesting to the Dutch taxing authority since, by Dutch law you have to pay taxes on all your possessions on January 1. Let's see how that plays out:

So he had 70mm Gulden then. That's $ 0.24 x 70,000,000 = $ 16,800,000,-!!
Since he also clearly stated he is professionally involved in Gulden, that amount is seen as income!

Guess who is going to be (or already has been) dumping a load of Gulden on the next pump to be able to pay his taxes?

Now I also get it why he is getting more opened up to media and marketing. He needs Gulden to pump before April 2019!

JimJimJimJim

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 06:46:17 AM

Guess who is going to be dumping a load of Gulden on the next pump to be able to pay his taxes?

You? it is a rather safe bet that the guy running a successful project for over four years, who has held the premine through the high without dumping is not suddenly about to dump. while the anonymous asshole who spends his life slandering people on a forum and frequently and openly admits to dumping will continue to dump.
give it up you arent going to get control of the premine no matter how much you cry about iyt on this forum, everyone sees through your crap about caring for gulden but just not liking rijk your motives are quite clear
RichPissman

New Cryptoworld Order

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 06:55:04 AM

Guess who is going to be dumping a load of Gulden on the next pump to be able to pay his taxes?

You? it is a rather safe bet that the guy running a successful project for over four years, who has held the premine through the high without dumping is not suddenly about to dump. while the anonymous asshole who spends his life slandering people on a forum and frequently and openly admits to dumping will continue to dump.
give it up you arent going to get control of the premine no matter how much you cry about iyt on this forum, everyone sees through your crap about caring for gulden but just not liking rijk your motives are quite clear

Great, another suck puppet account made by a Gulden fan. FYI, Rijk has been selling out premine for years already. How do you think he got from 170mm to 60mm?? Oh that's right, by setting up his "shares" scheme! Here it is, again in plain sight:

It says: "What do you meanly funds paid for by the community? That has never been the case, if you mean shares, that was simply selling Gulden for BTC"

metare

Activity: 93
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 07:06:39 AM

How I see it: I'm suprised about how open and positive Rijk was in the slack when he got asked about the premine. I understood that the 650BTC we hear about were raised by handing out Gulden shares which would be a part of the 110M NLG premine that is already spent, am I wrong with this assumption?

The reaction of Rijk and the transparency he gave is not a bad thing to me. I can conclude for myself that I'm fine with how it is and that some shadows are lifted. Rijk having 60M of Gulden will have a huge incentive to keep the price of it stable for long term because that's how we'll have a secured income. He'd have a hard time to drop that stash without increased volume or he'd just crash the price, which can't be what he wants.

What I can't confirm is that Rijk cuts through questioneers like the grim reaper. The persons who asked are still in the slack.

@JimJimJimJim: What I also don't agree with, is that we should starting with namecalling again.
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: