Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:03:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NLG] The great Gulden thread  (Read 14136 times)
metare

Activity: 93
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 07:35:45 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2018, 07:56:20 AM by metare

@Fraction: I know that it's cumbersome but try to take his arguments apart rather than just call him names. I know that you can do this. If we care about marketing in here, that's the first thing visitors will notice. I wouldn't trust a crypto that has a hostile open community.
Also by going aggressive you give Danuber what he wants: attention. Showing that his arguments are based on hot air, like EFL however will discourage him to keep arguing further.

Let GhandiPissman be your rolemodel with this, I already converted him  Grin
Morbs

Activity: 270
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 08:29:04 AM

It's just an idiot trying to shill EFL with shit that ain't true. As he simply doesn't understand what he is talking about.

Then tell this nice guy with arguments and nice words why it is not true what he says or leave the discussion so we stop talking about EFL while this is the Gulden/NLG thread   Grin

@Fraction: I know that it's cumbersome but try to take his arguments apart rather than just call him names. I know that you can do this. If we care about marketing in here, that's the first thing visitors will notice. I wouldn't trust a crypto that has a hostile open community.
Also by going aggressive you give Danuber what he wants: attention. Showing that his arguments are based on hot air, like EFL however will discourage him to keep arguing further.

Let GhandiPissman be your rolemodel with this, I already converted him  Grin

Very good posts again !!  If i had any merit left to give you would have received one now.

I want to add that do not copy every time the whole discussion because then you only see 5 posts on 1 page and i agree with metare.  When someone posts a,  in your eyes, stupid remark remark then try with arguments to explain to that other why it is a stupid remark instead of Yes/No  or swearing.

Now let's focus on Gulden again and the positive things about it.

Question:  Who already witness Gulden and what are the results so far?  Maybe that will trigger (new) buyers to buy some Gulden and witness them also.
metare

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 09:07:53 AM

I appreciate that you value my posts. Smiley

To your question, I locked 10k for 3 years two weeks ago. Because of the difficulties with the phase 3 rampup I missed out for two days. Since then my Raspberry Pi is working like a Swiss watch and I witnessed 3 blocks already. The estimated waiting period to find the next block is at 11.66 days right now for me. This would make it a 6% interest per year forecast.
Of course there might be also quite some 1 month lockers who don't want to keep their funds locked after that time. Time will tell where this will find it's balance but with 6% interest I'm really happy since those are my "high risk, high reward retirement funds".
Henis

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 09:45:32 AM

To your question, I locked 10k for 3 years two weeks ago. Because of the difficulties with the phase 3 rampup I missed out for two days. Since then my Raspberry Pi is working like a Swiss watch and I witnessed 3 blocks already. The estimated waiting period to find the next block is at 11.66 days right now for me. This would make it a 6% interest per year forecast.
Of course there might be also quite some 1 month lockers who don't want to keep their funds locked after that time. Time will tell where this will find it's balance but with 6% interest I'm really happy since those are my "high risk, high reward retirement funds".

I have earned 3 witness amounts with my +-25000 witness account but only locked for 6 months, I wish I had put it in for 3 years but I am going to build up to 100 000 coins and split this into two accounts. 1 for 1 year and 1 for 3 years and have 20 000 liquid. Well that's the dream for me.
Luuk

Activity: 142
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 10:10:09 AM

I have earned 3 witness amounts with my +-25000 witness account but only locked for 6 months, I wish I had put it in for 3 years but I am going to build up to 100 000 coins and split this into two accounts. 1 for 1 year and 1 for 3 years and have 20 000 liquid. Well that's the dream for me.

if you can afford it now is the time to buy another 75k coins or whatever you need, there is a more positive sentiment about Gulden in the last few days and I don't think these prices will last another 6 months.
FornaxNLG

Activity: 39
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 10:30:30 AM

I have earned 3 witness amounts with my +-25000 witness account but only locked for 6 months, I wish I had put it in for 3 years . . .

When Phase-4 becomes active you can extend the lockingperiod and/or the amount of funds in that existing witnessaccount.

Code:
extendwitnessaccount "funding_account" "witness_account" "amount" "time"

For now you can go to the console and type "help extendwitnessaccount" and have a look at the helptext.

Henis

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 10:40:11 AM

if you can afford it now is the time to buy another 75k coins or whatever you need, there is a more positive sentiment about Gulden in the last few days and I don't think these prices will last another 6 months.

I am a student with part time work, have to watch how much money I use in 1 go. I thought mining with my graphic card would be ok but it was costing more in electricity then I make in Gulden. A friend suggested I mine other coins with my GPU and sell for btc to buy Gulden.
Henis

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 10:49:06 AM

I have earned 3 witness amounts with my +-25000 witness account but only locked for 6 months, I wish I had put it in for 3 years . . .

When Phase-4 becomes active you can extend the lockingperiod and/or the amount of funds in that existing witnessaccount.

Code:
extendwitnessaccount "funding_account" "witness_account" "amount" "time"

For now you can go to the console and type "help extendwitnessaccount" and have a look at the helptext.

Will take a look, Thank you!   Grin
Danuberiver

Activity: 102

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 11:06:01 AM

I am a student with part time work, have to watch how much money I use in 1 go. I thought mining with my graphic card would be ok but it was costing more in electricity then I make in Gulden. A friend suggested I mine other coins with my GPU and sell for btc to buy Gulden.

The price will be 350 satoshi in 6 months because of the supply dump from miners. No rush to buy coins when no halving in rewards.
metare

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 11:16:47 AM

The price will be 350 satoshi in 6 months because of the supply dump from miners. No rush to buy coins when no halving in rewards.

Hey Danuberiver, we highly value freedom of speech and open thinking in this thread, so I don't mind you expressing your assessment of the price development of Gulden.
Would you however also show respect to other people (me included) in here and react to the open discussions you started before pumping new one liners in here?
metare

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 11:35:22 AM

Is there really need to beat a dead horse?
You'd rather end up getting attention of other EFL people who come over and destroy the culture in here.
If Danuberiver doesn't feel like reacting to discussions he doesn't like we can just point out that he's a hot air venting hypocrite, there are enough quotes to underline it. I'll give him this chance.
Danuberiver

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 12:54:32 PM

Hey Danuberiver, we highly value freedom of speech and open thinking in this thread, so I don't mind you expressing your assessment of the price development of Gulden.
Would you however also show respect to other people (me included) in here and react to the open discussions you started before pumping new one liners in here?

This is the cornerstone of a liberal progressive democracy.
metare

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 01:03:04 PM

As is respect and a constructive discussion culture. You still didn't display those two things. You can't just cherry pick the things you like because that's exactly what compromises a liberal democracy.
Danuberiver

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 01:18:23 PM

As is respect and a constructive discussion culture. You still didn't display those two things. You can't just cherry pick the things you like because that's exactly what compromises a liberal democracy.

As a liberal minded person I can say what I want , the only people I don't speak out against is Muslims because I will get into trouble with the law but I have free speech in every other aspect in my country. I love Muslims but I am only saying our government has to protect them from far right wingers.
metare

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 01:37:01 PM

Yeah watch out for not overspending, the last thing you want is to be forced to sell at a loss because you're not liquid anymore or, furthermore care about not locking more than you really don't need in close future because it could become awkward to explain to friends or family if you need to ask them for money.
Anyway that's only the risk side, nice to see an eager investor who isn't shocked by "only" 6% yearly revenue of locked funds  Grin
JwJimJim

Activity: 146
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 02:06:11 PM

A post from Luuk explains why Gulden supply is not a problem, it's all down to marketing and gaining acceptance in the Netherlands.

Changed my mind, another coin called Digibyte has over 11 billion supply and the SAT price is over 500, Gulden with over $400 million supply is at 600 SAT.  It's not a supply problem but a marketing problem.

Digibytes development is behind Guldens development progress but they do market digibyte very well and go to conferences and meet with business people. This is something Rijk is not doing for Gulden.

Gulden total supply is 3.6% of digibytes total supply and digibyte releases far more coins per day then Gulden.

753 every 15 seconds for digibyte. 4 337 280 coins mined per day              
100 reward every 150 seconds for Gulden.  57 600 coins mined per day

This confirms supply is not a issue at all.

Gulden's marketcap can go to the same as Digibytes with similar marketing and attending conferences to create awareness with large investors, if marketcap was based on development only, then coins like Gulden would have a higher marketcap then digibyte.

Gulden will need a Sat price of 11760 to match Digibytes marketcap.

SuperOrca

Activity: 188

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 02:48:18 PM

A post from Luuk explains why Gulden supply is not a problem, it's all down to marketing and gaining acceptance in the Netherlands.

Changed my mind, another coin called Digibyte has over 11 billion supply and the SAT price is over 500, Gulden with over $400 million supply is at 600 SAT.  It's not a supply problem but a marketing problem.

Digibytes development is behind Guldens development progress but they do market digibyte very well and go to conferences and meet with business people. This is something Rijk is not doing for Gulden.

Gulden total supply is 3.6% of digibytes total supply and digibyte releases far more coins per day then Gulden.

753 every 15 seconds for digibyte. 4 337 280 coins mined per day              
100 reward every 150 seconds for Gulden.  57 600 coins mined per day

This confirms supply is not a issue at all.

Gulden's marketcap can go to the same as Digibytes with similar marketing and attending conferences to create awareness with large investors, if marketcap was based on development only, then coins like Gulden would have a higher marketcap then digibyte.

Gulden will need a Sat price of 11760 to match Digibytes marketcap.

8000sat this month

The backlash you will receive from technical police on that prediction...
Morbs

Activity: 270
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 09:52:38 PM

8000sat this month

Shocked

So i can order my new car allrdy?   Grin
BrettRouX

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 07:41:47 AM

I was told yesterday about this coin from a friend at work. I have been following crypto news for over a year and never heard about Gulden. My friend was enthusiastic about witnessing so I came to check it out.

My first experience with this coin has been great, the wallets are good and I plan to setup a witness this weekend.

Can I have my wallet offline like peercoin and still earn Gulden? My friend doesn't know the answer to this question. Is there a website that explains how witnessing works?
RichPissman

Activity: 339

New Cryptoworld Order

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 07:44:31 AM

I was told yesterday about this coin from a friend at work. I have been following crypto news for over a year a never heard about Gulden. My friend was enthusiastic about witnessing so I came to check it out.

My first experience with this coin has been great, the wallets are good and I plan to setup a witness this weekend.

Can I have my wallet offline like peercoin and still earn Gulden?

This!

M A R K E T I N G!!!

p.s. @BrettRoux, No, you have to have your wallet online 24/7 to witness.

OneTwo Coins, One Rijk, One Founder!
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: